Calling Someone to Islam on their Deathbed

Happy 2BA Muslim

Islamophilic
:salam2:

Question: I accepted Islam two years ago. Now my grandmother who is not Muslim is in the hospital, and the doctors feel that she does not have much longer to live. Is it possible for me to explain Islam to her and call her to embrace the faith by simply declaring her belief? It would not be possible at this time to teach her about prayer and wudû’ and other obligations. What should I do?

Answered by Sheikh `Abd Allah al-Dumayjî (Islamtoday)

We praise and thank Allah for guiding you to Islam. We ask Him to strengthen you in faith and to guide your grandmother.

You should strive hard to convince her about Islam and to have her declare her faith that “There is no god but God and Muhammad is the Messenger of God.”

This is established by Prophet Muhammad (peace be upon him) in his own actions.

The Prophet (peace be upon him) visited the home of a Jewish man in Madinah whose son was on his deathbed. He invited the boy to accept Islam. The boy turned to his father, who said to him: “Listen to the father of al-Qâsîm.”

Then the boy said: “I bear witness that there is no god but God and that Muhammad is His servant and Messenger.”

Soon thereafter the boy died. The Prophet (peace be upon him) stood up and with happiness said: “Praise be to Allah who has saved him from the Fire.” [Sahîh al-Bukhârî (1356)]

On another occasion, the Prophet (peace be upon him) visited his uncle Abû Tâlib on his sickbed, while he was very near to death. He implored from him: “My uncle, say that there is no god but God. It is a statement that I can come to your defense with before Allah.”

At that time, Abû Jahl and `Abd Allah b. Abî Umayyah were in the room. They said to Abû Tâlib: “Would you desire to leave the religion of `Abd al-Mutalib?”

Abû Tâlib died at that point, declaring that he remained on the faith of `Abd al-Muttalib. [Sahîh al-Bukhârî (1360) and Sahîh Muslim (24)]

Therefore, you should follow the Prophet’s example and try very hard to convince your grandmother to accept Islam. It will be better for her as well as for you that she embraces Islam.

I ask Allah to guide her to the truth on your hands.

NaXuS

Jazakallah for sharing

I did hear from some learn ones that you should recite Quran specially Sura Yaseen to a person who is near death but never to force words in their mouth,just recite in front of them ,so between in all that pain of death they didnot get intimated and not say something bad.

May Allah keep us on faith when we breath our last breath

babu

pray/work

:salam2:
i feel very happy to know feelings;
allah the creator of all make things as per our wish
you first go with namaz in front of allah and then pray from deep of your
heart for giving treasure of iman to your grandmother then you go to your
grandmother and ask her if she have faith in you.when she say yes.you ask;
1.if i say that i love you.you belive.if yes.
2.i want that you never get any problem.not even a second of sadness.therfore please accept one thing i ofer. please accept allah as a only god and mohammed[sallallahu.alae.hi.wa.sallam]as a mesenger sent toward whole world .please accept this for me;and say more

danial

try to explain to her. if she doesnt accept, let Allah be her judge. your conscience will be clear because u knew u tried.
grandmothers usually listen to their grandchildren.