As-Shafaa'i(Brother)
The article is in the pdf. I want your comments , inshAllah

Attachments

• 1808NLW006.pdf
    52.6 KB · Views: 26

Aapa

Mirajmom
Salaam,

Articles like this scare me. There is so much presumption in it. It resonates with the idea that Islam is backwards. The writer fails to understand that the Laws of Islam can not be changed. These were given to us by Allah.
Many groups who are proponents of gender equality fail to realize it reduces women into economic objects. This is a way to break families apart.
On a philosophical level the beauty of Islam is that it will not change. Thus a writer who needs to aver that Islam needs to catch up to the 22nd century fails to understand the Islamic path.
Women in Islam have being the head of the household for centuries. I pray this makes sense

alkathiri

As-Shafaa'i(Brother)
Salaam,

Articles like this scare me. There is so much presumption in it. It resonates with the idea that Islam is backwards. The writer fails to understand that the Laws of Islam can not be changed. These were given to us by Allah.
Many groups who are proponents of gender equality fail to realize it reduces women into economic objects. This is a way to break families apart.
On a philosophical level the beauty of Islam is that it will not change. Thus a writer who needs to aver that Islam needs to catch up to the 22nd century fails to understand the Islamic path.
Women in Islam have being the head of the household for centuries. I pray this makes sense

Precisely. i hope the mufti here condemn her article.
u can email the editor. plz email her sister mirajmom . the email is in the article

tabaria

Author really doesn't make an argument. Just assumes things need to change. Without demonstrating they actually know what are the duties of a man and a woman. A woman in a marriage can have the extra money and choose what she wants to do with it. A man's wealth is supposed to be used for providing for his wife and children. Mother, sisters, grandmother etc and anyone else in the family. So to make this task more difficult by chaging the inheritance laws is not logical.

About polygamy. The author seems to think everyone is wealthy. Right now in Syria there are many Iraqi refugess who have children and must prostitute themselves to survive. So which is better polygamy or prostitution? I'm sure there are women in singapore in the same situation. There are even women in far wealthier nations in a similar position.

And a wali is absolutely needed in this day and age. With divorce rates well above 50% in North America having a rational observer/negotiator on sidelines is never a bad thing. Even muslims are following this trend and are divorcing more. This causes extra stress on society and for the family unit, so maintianing divorce laws which limit the chance of divorce are also neccesary.
Of all the things Allah allowed divorce is the most hated.

And I wonder what inadequete maintaince means. Didn't get enough gifts? Or living in desperate situations?

Aapa

Mirajmom
Salaam dearest brother,

I e-mailed a response. Am I going to hear back..no..will this stop me no.

As to the response as to what is going on...in the entire world we are so infliltrated with the kuffir we have to struggle to remember we are Muslims.
The non-Islamic world is targeting Muslim women..in the US Black women were targeted. Please read Brother Malcom Shabazz and Frantz Fannon. In short, by marking women feel that they do not need to treated unfairly by the men of the same ethinicity and religion they can gain liberation. This is a lie created from the producers of Hollywood, 9/11 and the moon landing. The non-Islamic world has been very successful at breaking down the family unit.
By emasculating men they are able to rip the family apart. These poor women who feel they are educated buy into the package and stray from their hearts.

I can only rant and rave and scream do not buy into the deception and ignorance. How can you trust those who inflict harm on Muslims. How can you believe that you are oppressed when your faith tells you otherwise.

The older I get the more I see the wisdom of Islam. The more I see the wisdom of Islam the more I practice Islam. There is nothing else.

I thank you for reading and may Allah subhana talla forgive me.

dianne

Salam sis,

Its good for us to answer her,so she can know the wisdom of Islam.very nice sis.

Wassalam