can babies see angels?

samiha

---------
Staff member
:salam2:

Check again akhi, it was mentioned in the first fatwa:

And there is other saheeh evidence from which is clear that the angels can be seen, but only in the form in which Allaah commands them to appear; and then everyone that Allaah decrees should see them will see them.
The one who claims that he sees the angels in their original form is a liar or is delusional. The Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) saw Jibreel in his true form, filling the horizon with six hundred wings. Who can claim that he saw him at that time? Thus it is clear that there is no one among this ummah who can see the angels in their true form except the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him). As for children, they are like other people – they cannot see them unless they appear in human form.

Shaykh al-Islam Ibn Taymiyah (may Allaah have mercy on him) said:

Hence humans are unable to see an angel in his true form unless Allaah helps them, as He helped our Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him). Allaah says (interpretation of the meaning):

“And they say: ‘Why has not an angel been sent down to him?’ Had We sent down an angel, the matter would have been judged at once, and no respite would be granted to them.

I've heard this saying too though, seems popular in the sub-continentals... SubhanAllaah

abdul-aziz

:wasalam:

jazaak Allah khair to all of you for your valuable information.

but still the q remains unanswered.....can babies see angels? ;)

NO no human can see Angel or Jinn in their true appearance or being!

here is some ayat:

And they say, "Why was there not sent down to him an angel?" But if We had sent down an angel, the matter would have been decided; then they would not be reprieved. (6:8)

And if We had made him an angel, We would have made him [appear as] a man, and We would have covered them with that in which they cover themselves. (6:9)

Now the prophets, pbuh met angels in human form pretty much so.
The prophet Muhammad, PBUH seen angel Gibril, as, in true form and He filled the sky with many wings.

As for baby being protected, Allah, swt, is the protector.

as for cry and laugh, don't forget Angels and Jinn have the ability to awha (a form of communication without physical appearance) to humans. Also the Angels follow Allah's command, so if he protected the baby he will not appear but just do the action. Angel's function in our lives are many. They follow the command of Allah, swt.

Another fact, is during the development of the child in the womb of the mother, already the baby has heard and responded to discussions and emotions the mother was in.

The only way a human can see an Angel or Jinn is if they appear in Human form. But then they will also not reveal who they are unless Allah orders them to.

Most of the prophets encounter with Angels was in human form.

wa Allah ya'lam

ps. If anybody claims to see and Angel or Jinn, please kindly direct him or her to see a psychiatrist (medical doctor), asap.

additional science study notes:
http://books.google.com/books?id=Js...k_result&ct=result&resnum=5&ved=0CDUQ6AEwBDgU

MusLiMah_Kubra

Hasbi-Allah
......and someday I'll read everything I just posted! ROTFL!

Lolll!! Newyz, Thank You sis JenGiove for all the info :hijabi:

:ma: Wow!! Jazakallahu Khairan everyone for so much info on Angels. :hijabi: I never read so much about Angels before, glad to know. :) Thank You Bro ahmed_indian for this wonderful thread! Jazakallh :)

~Baarakallahu feekum

JenGiove

Lolll!! Newyz, Thank You sis JenGiove for all the info :hijabi:

:ma: Wow!! Jazakallahu Khairan everyone for so much info on Angels. :hijabi: I never read so much about Angels before, glad to know. :) Thank You Bro ahmed_indian for this wonderful thread! Jazakallh :)

~Baarakallahu feekum

Little Sister,

You are most welcome. :) I was happy to post it for everyone.

ShahnazZ

Striving2BeAStranger
I've heard this saying too though, seems popular in the sub-continentals... SubhanAllaah

I was about to say the same thing. Usually whenever I hear people saying that babies can see angels, they're always from the Subcontinent.

However, I do recall once incident when my brother was born. Right after we brought him home from the hospital (and before he was even opening his eyes for more than 5 seconds straight), I remember walking into the room he was in. Although he was fast asleep, this tiny burst of laughter came out from him. I told my mother and she said it was because the angels were playing with him. But Allahu 'alam as she's also from the Subcontinent. :)

What I mean to say is, is that it may be popular belief over there IF there's no hadith to support this type of thing.

Aapa

Mirajmom
Salaam,

All are born Muslims. Why do we have to be so concrete..the mind with time limits our vision...we have no prejudice until we are taught to hate without reason...we do not know we have limits until we are taught to have limits.

All babies see angels...and then all of a sudden its mommy!!

xAllahKnowsBestx

sister, GIVE ME A LIL TIME.. INSHA ALLAH i'll pm them to you too after finishing my assignment..or-else my teacher would... you know usualy what they would do.., right? LOL...

So, plz do wait a lil:)

FEE AMANILLAH:hearts:

Hehe, thank you. Don't worry sister, you can take your time, no pressure. :hijabi:

Lol, I know! Better finish your assignments first! :D

Wassalam.

Aapa

Mirajmom
Salaam,

This is one of those threads I wish the sisters with children would respond. A baby can be driving you nuts and without any reason the babe starts to coo and as you glance into their eyes they are following something so sweet you are almost envious of the joy in their eyes.
It is the same as when a person is about to die..in the last minutes of their lives...they maybe asleep and they awaken with joy and want to follow that which we can not.

There are something in life that need no words to verify..only expereince which is a fruit of life.

hayat84

I'm not what you believe
:salam2:
some days ago a tzunami in Indonesia made more that 500 deads,but after 5 days a baby of 2 months was found alive in the water.Angels protect whom Allah has said to protect.
when I was a child I used to talk to my imaginary friend:I saw him when he came and when he left.my mum told me not to talk alone like mads.:wasalam: