can girls grow nail

allah is with me

Rabana Wa laqal Hamd
assalmualaikum
can girls grow nails ,i mean girls grow nails for fashion may i know is this write or is it haram in islam?
thankyou your beloved sister

autumn

Strength in Unity
salam,

maybe you can read up on it in an islamic book. its advisable not to grow the nails because germs can get in it.. i dont know if its haram, but really advisable not to.

amirah80

*Fear Allah*
As-Salamu Alaikum
What is the ruling concerning letting fingernails grow long and putting on finger nail polish, given that I make ablution before putting them on and it stays for twenty-four hours and then remove it?

Letting the fingernails grow is something that goes against the sunnah of the Prophet (sal-Allaahu `alayhe wa sallam). He said, ((From the acts of nature are five: circumcision, removing pubic hairs, trimming the moustache, cutting the nails and plucking the hair from under the armpits.)) It is not allowed to leave them for more than forty nights. This is based on the Hadeeth of Anas who said, "The Messenger of Allaah set a time limit for us for trimming the moustache, trimming nails, removing armpit hairs and removing pubic hairs. They cannot be left for more than forty nights." Letting them grow long resembles animals and some of the disbelievers. As for nail polish, it is better to avoid it. One must remove it when making ablution since it prevents water from reaching the nails.

Shaykh Ibn Baaz
Source Fatwa Online

Wasalam Amirah

hassana elkoussi

As-Salamu Alaikum

Wasalam Amirah

Gazak allah khair sister Amira for the information, but i'd like to add that the Prophet (PBUH) used to do ghussl and trim his nails every Friday before Jum'aa prayer. So again letting the nails grow was against his sunnah.( PBUH ) Salam

muslimah-2k8

Conditions for the validity of Wudu’

(1) Pure water reaches the skin of those parts which are required to be washed;

(2) that one is free from those things which are incompatible with wudu’, such as menses, postnatal bleeding, factors perpetuating ritual impurity, [such as the intermittent drops of urine and the occurrence of that which invalidates wudu];

(3) and the removal of that which prevents the water from reaching the skin, such as wax and fat. [The same applies of waterproof glue, paint, nail polish, and so forth on the nails or skin: if it prevents water from reaching any part of the nails or skin no matter how small, one’s ablution or purificatory bath is not valid].

5.5 It is incumbent to wash the visible part of a thick beard [through which the skin is not visible]. As for a sparse beard it is incumbent that the water reaches the skin. Whilst it is not necessary that water reaches the hair hanging from the periphery of the face, nor that water reaches the concealed part of the lips when the mouth is closed.

5.6 If the fingers are tightly held together, or a nail has grown so long that it has covered the finger tip, or there is something in the nail which prevents the water from reaching the finger tip, such as dough, then it will be incumbent [to remove the substance] and wash underneath. Substances such as dirt do not prevent the penetration of water.

5.7 It is incumbent that a tight ring be moved about. If washing the cracks in one’s feet is harmful, then it will suffice to allow water to flow over the medicine applied to them.

5.8 One is not required to repeat the mash or washing of any limb from where the hair have been shaved, nor is one required to wash after cutting one’s nails or trimming one’s moustache.

Umm_Ibrahim

La Ilaha Ilalah
assalamu alaykum, yes it is not, it is a order from Allah to cut it.

the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) said: “The fitrah is five things: circumcision, removing the pubic hair, trimming the moustache, cutting the nails, and plucking the armpit hairs.” (Reported by al-Bukhaari and Muslim)

kaise

asalamaalikum ...the only thing i dont understand is say u wash ur nails cut them and then put nail polish on them, how are they then unclean? also does this mean dying ur hair is haram to?? what about moisturisers/face creams body creams??

ahmed_indian

to Allah we belong
asalamaalikum ...the only thing i dont understand is say u wash ur nails cut them and then put nail polish on them, how are they then unclean? also does this mean dying ur hair is haram to?? what about moisturisers/face creams body creams??

1. if the nails are too long, they might remain unclean.

2. if the nails are short but u put the nail-polish, the water cannot reach the nails (as nail polishes are water proof), so wudu or ghusl will not be complete.

3. dyeing hair with henna is permissible.

4. moisturisers/face creams body creams, they usually dry up after few mintues and then water can touch the skin...so no problem in wudu/bath.