CAN I DO.......

happy 2 b muslim

Assalam alyakum

i am doing my gcse art and i was thinking to do a piece about arabic writing and how it has changed over time. however i wanted to write the quran and see the changes in style however is it ok to write it for a art piece i will keep it afterward and make sure nothing happens to it like left on the floor and stuff.

salams everyone

proud2bemuslim

ALLAH HU AKBAR
:salam2:

I'm not sure if I understand your question. Do you want to write one of the Surah from the Qur'an as your art piece? In High School, I wrote BISMILLAH for my art piece in Arabic and my brother wrote Muhammad (pbuh). Alhumdulillah, it turned out so nice that the school displayed both our Art Piece on the school wall.

virtualeye

Tamed Brother
I think you better try to write some general Arabic sentenses first. The motive is to learn to write the Arabic Script in beautiful way.

When you are very expert in this art then you can write the Qu'anic verses so that you dont get the writings with basic errors in the attempts of learning.

If you start learning swimming, then nobody will throw you to the sea or river. First you learn in a pool with the help of Lifebouy. when you learn swimming then you are allowed to go to river or sea.

Wassalaam,
VE

Mabsoot

Amir
Staff member
:wasalam:

No, you should not write it. .For various reasons.

1. You need Wudhu ! Each time you use the Quran and also when you handle your paper. Because it is the Mushaf. (the original Arabic Quranic script).

Non-Muslims might not handle it properly.

When you write the verses, then it must be exactly as in the Quran. So, you must pay attention to the way the letters are. It will not be good if you made mistakes.

It is quite a vast area. It is not as simple as we might think, this is what people with experience and knowledge do. For, they will know how the old Kufic scripts were made, or the ones in North Africa etc are...... Non Muslims may ask you questions which you may not know answer to, such as why in the early versions of the script there no extra fatha, damma, kasra markings etc. Of course, the Quran was always read in exact same way. Just the way the words were written is different. Just as someone can write a word joint up, in capital letters or each letter seperately. The meaning and pronounciation is same. Of course, the Quran is much more than that and cant be compared to any other text as it is from Allah alone and not the word of man.

I think you should look into doing something else, Arabic writing has changed a lot over time and in different ways depending on region. The Quran has different styles of recitation, such as the Warsh in Morocco or the Qalun in Libya, and thus writing is different. It may not be easy for non-Muslims or people who dont have much knowledge this subject to understand.

You could do something about change in Islamic art, such as mathematics of tesselating patterns etc.. lol.. or something bit more simple is the difference of art in Islamic countries, Xinjiang has its own Chinese style Islamic art, Morocco has its own, Iran, Syria its own, Turkey its own.. what are the similarities? what are the differences ? So, there is quite a bit you can research on that.

EDIT... you can do your own name, inshaAllah.. and try and write it in different ways... you can do in two ways, 1. maybe chart it on timeline, so people can see how it might have changed according to time. or you can do it according to the Region, how it may have been written in Iraq , how it may have been written in Egypt or Morocco, you can put your art work on map of world or something.

Wasalam.

F

fabs

You can do whatever you want, you live in a free country. Go and abuse it by destroying the fabric of it.

boupj

You can do whatever you want, you live in a free country. Go and abuse it by destroying the fabric of it.

Why must you insist on being rude when the question was simply of curiosity? I'm don't know you fabs but you seem to be rather hostile towards Muslims, so I'm just curious why you took the time out of you life to sign up to an Islamic website and ask questions and to read about Islam, when your only goal so far seems to be to bother people. I will grant it that you have asked some questions that seem to stem from curiosity, but by and large you simply go into every thread and post a sarcastc reply.

ibn azem

Super Moderator
Staff member
Hi Fabs,

I am afraid Allah swt will never guide you, because you seem to be an insincere person and don't really care about knowing the very Truth of this life!

Izzu

:salam2: give this fabs guy some more time, maybe he will come around and start respecting other people.
if he doesnt then the mods will surely ban him.
fabs friend, i wrote to you yesterday, please respect others so that you will be respected.

alkathiri

As-Shafaa'i(Brother)
Hi Fabs,

I am afraid Allah swt will never guide you, because you seem to be an insincere person and don't really care about knowing the very Truth of this life!

Assalamualaikum warahmatullah

There are some converts who used to be hostile towards islam, hated islam but later convert to islam. I know at least one of them here.

InshAllah Allah will soften your heart...

I am quite surprised actually that the moderators or the admin still keeps u as a member. It shows how patient they are...And i hope u(fabs) repay them...

:shake:

F

fabs

Fabs was very rattled earlier today(argument on the forum) when he wrote that.

anan1212

???????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????
why do you say that ?
is there a benefit for saying such thing ?
if so tell me ?

Globalpeace

Banned
Asslamo Allaikum Akhi,

You seem disappointed?

I wrote a saying in Persian this morning which means in English:

If someone tells you that a mountain has moved from its place, believe it
If someone tells you someone's "nature" has changed! don't believe it

I don't know the English word but the Arabic word would be like "Fitra" or the composition of someone

can't really translate it...

People revert to Islam but their personalities & Nature & stuff remains the same

As Allah (SWT) describes his beloved as "Mann Atallaha Be Qalbin Saleem"

Hi Fabs,

ibn azem

Super Moderator
Staff member
Asslamo Allaikum Akhi,

You seem disappointed?

I wrote a saying in Persian this morning which means in English:

If someone tells you that a mountain has moved from its place, believe it
If someone tells you someone's "nature" has changed! don't believe it

I don't know the English word but the Arabic word would be like "Fitra" or the composition of someone

can't really translate it...

People revert to Islam but their personalities & Nature & stuff remains the same

As Allah (SWT) describes his beloved as "Mann Atallaha Be Qalbin Saleem"
wa alaykum salaam wa rahmatullaah akhi

Well, not that I am dissapointed, but alhamdulillaah I just feel sorry sometimes for some people, they come so close to their Fitra (now the proper place to use it) and then they turn their back, reminds me of 2:17-18 by the way.

And when the Day comes, you can see them:
Therein they will cry: "Our Lord! Bring us out, we shall do righteous good deeds, not (the evil deeds) that we used to do." (Allah will reply): "Did We not give you lives long enough, so that whosoever would receive admonition, - could receive it? And the warner came to you. So taste you (the evil of your deeds). For the Zalimoon (polytheists and wrongdoers, etc.) there is no helper." [035:037]

:astag:

wasalaam

Izzu

dear brothers, :salam2:
somehow I dont think we should feel sorry for these people. I think we need to understand our obligations and limitations. Our job is to try and be good in every aspect of life. It is our own actions that should make others curious about God in general and Islam in particular.
Our beloved prophet pbuh while returning from Taif was pelted, stoned. God send an angel to destroy the city if Rasooli pak pbuh wished. But our beloved prophet said maybe someday their childrem might turn to Allah and thus spared the people of taif.
I also remember the story when the chieftans of Quraysh were having a discussion with Rasooli pak pbuh and the blind sahabi Abdullah ibn Maktoom ra came to ask some questions. Our prophet pbuh thought that he (ibn maktoom) could wait while he pbuh was doing the dawah to quraysh. Ibn maktoom ra felt rejected and left the place crying. And then Jibrail as came to the prophet pbuh and delivered surah abbas. The message was that God guides whom he wills. So I guess we tried our best with fabs but it is only God who can guide him or any other person who joins this forum.
Our reward is with God. For example my main purpose in joining this forum is to understand islam better and also to share my understanding of Islam. If this helps anyone out there then I hope that Allah swt writes this as a good deed in my deed book and hopefully forgives my sins.
This is how I see it.
:wasalam: