can i make up my fard prayer during tahajjud time?

WithAllahsPowers

WE ARE PROTECTED
i missed fard of the dohr today and ive been so sick, i wasnt able to make it up with magrib or isha. i know you cant make up fard salah during asr.

i wake up for tahajjud prayer, can i make my dohr up before i pray my tahajjud prayer today? in other words:

can someone make up missed fard prayer during tahajjud time? can they make intention its combined, tahajjud and fard because i learnt in shariah studies that when someone prays the isha at tahajjud time, allah accepts it as the isha salah and it automatically becomes tahajjud salah too. even istikara and tahajjud together. only during tahajjud time.

if no i cant, then if i pray tahajjud, is it still accept since i owe a fard prayer?

im going to sleep and inshallah i will feel better after my rest and when i wake up i'll read my post and see how to pray.

i googled my question but i could not find my answer. so hope i can get help in this regard.

ahmed_indian

to Allah we belong
:wasalam:,

yes you can make up your fard prayer's qada during late night. even after asr, you can pray it (bcoz its not nafl but qada of fard salah).

thariq2005

Praise be to Allah!
Wa `alaykum salaam wa rahmatullaahi wa barakaatuh

Remember sister that Salaah should be prayed by everyone, whether sick or healthy. However, from the mercy of Allaah there are concessions in this deen. If you cannot stand, then you can sit and pray. And if you cannot sit and pray, you can lie down and pray, and if you cannot even do that, then you can pray with your movements of your eyes; but make sure to pray on time. And if doing wudoo' with water will affect your health a lot, then you can even do Tayammum.

About making up the prayers, then yes you should do so at the time of Tahajjud. But make sure you don't do it next time sister, you can combine your Dhuhr and `Asr (at the time of `Asr or Dhuhr) and combine Maghrib and `Ishaa' (at the time of Maghrib or `Ishaa') [that is if you find it too difficult to pray it on their particular times], and you can also pray in a position that doesn't cause harm to your health.

P.S You can combine Dhuhr with `Asr at the time of `Asr... so basically pray Dhuhr first and then `Asr

Wassalaamu `alaykum

WithAllahsPowers

WE ARE PROTECTED
i thought that at asr time we are not allowed to pray only asr prayer. thats why i didnt make it up at that time.

at magrib, i fainted while praying, so my husband had to lift me up and put me on the couch. when i woke up he got a bucket of water and helped me to make wudu and i prayed while sitting but it was still hard as i was unable to lift my head.

i slept for a hours after magrib, then my husband woke me up for isha prayer and alhumdulilah i was better. i prayed isha but better meaning i didnt faint alhumdulilah though i was still really ill.

so i put up this thread for advice.

i knew if i slept a few more hours i would be able to wake up and pray tahajjud prayer as i do every night and dont like missing it so you can imagin how strict i am with daily fard and sunnah prayer. so brother thariq2005, thanks for you advice and i want you to know that i know my duties of salah to allah and how important they are. i guess i learnt a bit more about making up the salah. i didnt know much about making up salah because i never thought it will happen where i will miss a fard or sunnah. im stict in my sunnah and when you are like this in sunnah prayer, it protects your fard.

with my illness, you will be suprised how i am holding up during the day, how i force myself to pray and feel the blessing throughout, how i always keep a smile and appreciate life, how i can carry a 2 months old baby in my stomach and its symptoms added to my illness. i live and do things for the sake of Allah because this life is a test. Allah can see how much i try, he is fair, he is kind, he is the most generious and the most Gracious, he can see and he can hear and he understands what i am going through.

the fact that im patient with this test, i know my lord will not be upset with me. he knows i tried.

ive been sick again today, thats why i only got a chance to reply now. im a bit better alhumdulilah.

for your information: the illness i have makes my body like a dead body, where i cannot move, speak, think, im not concious etc. and this happens at certain times. but im use to it and proud to be a person who Allah is testing.

to be honest, not sure how to explain it, but i was upset when i read your post, especially when BrotherInIslam7 agreed with you. i really did get upset. because Allah is my judge and he understands. no one else.

i really only wanted answers not a lecture.
but jazakallah kheir for your reminder.

thariq2005

Praise be to Allah!
i thought that at asr time we are not allowed to pray only asr prayer. thats why i didnt make it up at that time.

at magrib, i fainted while praying, so my husband had to lift me up and put me on the couch. when i woke up he got a bucket of water and helped me to make wudu and i prayed while sitting but it was still hard as i was unable to lift my head.

i slept for a hours after magrib, then my husband woke me up for isha prayer and alhumdulilah i was better. i prayed isha but better meaning i didnt faint alhumdulilah though i was still really ill.

so i put up this thread for advice.

i knew if i slept a few more hours i would be able to wake up and pray tahajjud prayer as i do every night and dont like missing it so you can imagin how strict i am with daily fard and sunnah prayer. so brother thariq2005, thanks for you advice and i want you to know that i know my duties of salah to allah and how important they are. i guess i learnt a bit more about making up the salah. i didnt know much about making up salah because i never thought it will happen where i will miss a fard or sunnah. im stict in my sunnah and when you are like this in sunnah prayer, it protects your fard.

with my illness, you will be suprised how i am holding up during the day, how i force myself to pray and feel the blessing throughout, how i always keep a smile and appreciate life, how i can carry a 2 months old baby in my stomach and its symptoms added to my illness. i live and do things for the sake of Allah because this life is a test. Allah can see how much i try, he is fair, he is kind, he is the most generious and the most Gracious, he can see and he can hear and he understands what i am going through.

the fact that im patient with this test, i know my lord will not be upset with me. he knows i tried.

ive been sick again today, thats why i only got a chance to reply now. im a bit better alhumdulilah.

for your information: the illness i have makes my body like a dead body, where i cannot move, speak, think, im not concious etc. and this happens at certain times. but im use to it and proud to be a person who Allah is testing.

to be honest, not sure how to explain it, but i was upset when i read your post, especially when BrotherInIslam7 agreed with you. i really did get upset. because Allah is my judge and he understands. no one else.

i really only wanted answers not a lecture.
but jazakallah kheir for your reminder.

SubhaanAllaah, may Allaah help you through your illness. I really apologize if I made you upset in anyway sister. I didn't by any way imply that you do not know the importance of Salaah, rather the opposite. The fact that you are waking up for Tahajjud is indeed something great and not many people are able to do it, and may Allaah make you from the righteous women, the women of Jannah.

I was not trying to lecture you in any way, especially at a time when you are ill and going through problems. I only wanted to make you aware of what you could do the next time, if this situation ever arises. I pray that Allaah, Subhaanah, makes your illness as a means of purification for you.

I hope you could forgive me for writing to you in such a way. Out of my ignorance, I end up hurting people's feelings and this is purely from my ignorance only. I hope you could forgive me for my shortcomings.

Wa BarakAllaahu feekum
Wassalaamu `alaykum

WithAllahsPowers

WE ARE PROTECTED
of purification for you.
SubhaanAllaah, may Allaah help you through your illness. I really apologize if I made you upset in anyway sister. I didn't by any way imply that you do not know the importance of Salaah, rather the opposite. The fact that you are waking up for Tahajjud is indeed something great and not many people are able to do it, and may Allaah make you from the righteous women, the women of Jannah.

I was not trying to lecture you in any way, especially at a time when you are ill and going through problems. I only wanted to make you aware of what you could do the next time, if this situation ever arises. I pray that Allaah, Subhaanah, makes your illness as a means
I hope you could forgive me for writing to you in such a way. Out of my ignorance, I end up hurting people's feelings and this is purely from my ignorance only. I hope you could forgive me for my shortcomings.

Wa BarakAllaahu feekum
Wassalaamu `alaykum

:salam2:

thanks okay brother, its just a misunderstanding from me and you. i think i got upset because it made me feel a little bad and then i realised but i was sick so i shouldnt feel bad, so then i got upset.

sometimes when people are sick, at that time, they take things personal and misunderstand. because of the feelings they have at the time. so thats what i think happen.

i probably over reacted but what i wrote is exactly how i felt after reading your post while being sick. so i guess its just from my illness that i took it personal.

forgive me yourself. i forgive everyone no matter how bad their action towards me or others is, and thats because Allah is so forgiving and he forgives.

salam.