Can I pray in a house where Dogs are?

Al Qassimi

:salam2:

My friend is inviting to his house. He has two dogs with him, is it possible for me to pray there? and if yes, what if the dogs touch me or lick me. Should I take a shower?

Muslimboy2222

Asalam Aleikum

well based on my knowledge i believe that it's safe to pray in that house as long as the place you are praying is clean i.e it isn't dirty but on the other we know that non-muslims are very much close to their dogs even to the extent that they let the dog inside their houses & play with them. In the case of such an event there might the possibility that the dog spits saliva all around the house or even helps itself inside the house. So you have to be extremely careful. Concerning the issue of the dog licking you, i believe that you must take a bath, but if the dog touches you without using the mouth/ nose then there is no need to take a bath or even wudhu since contact with the dog will be through it's fur.
Also keep in mind that not all muslims agree on this, since some consider the entire dog to be impure & that you must take a bath if the dog touches or licks you, but all muslims agree that one must wash a utensil/ vesel seven times ( first by Earth i.e mixture of sand & water) after it has been licked by a dog. Below is a hadith regarding this issue.

Abu Hurayrah, may Allaah be pleased with him, reported that the Messenger of Allaah (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) said: "The way to purify the vessel of any one of you if a dog has licked it is to wash it seven times, the first time with earth." (Reported by Muslim, no. 420

We must ensure that Muslims continue to be extremely careful when it comes to dogs, even in the midst of what the kuffaar are used to do and what some Muslims have adopted of their habits. This doesn't not mean that we should be cruel to the dog since it's a creation of Allah SWT. I hope i've answered your question.

May Allaah bestow good on you and on us. May Allaah bless our Prophet Muhammad.

Waleikum Salam