can i use toothpaste

Mabsoot

Amir
Staff member
wa alaykum salam

Shaykh Ibn Baaz (may Allaah have mercy on him) was asked: What is the ruling on using toothpaste when fasting?

He replied:​
Cleaning the teeth with toothpaste does not break the fast as is the case with the miswaak. But one should be careful to avoid letting any of it reach his throat, but if that happens accidentally then he does not have to make up the fast. End quote from Majmoo’ Fataawa al-Shaykh Ibn Baaz (15/260).​
And Allaah knows best.

Asja

Pearl of Islaam
Can i use toothpaste while i am fasting?only to change to odor of the mouth?Help me if you know please

We Aleicumu Salam dear sister.

Dear sister Alhamdulillah you can use toothpaste while you are fasting and it will not break your fast and you even can fresh your mouth with water as long us you do not swollow it Inhsallah.
And even if you swollow it by accidently it will not break your fast Inshallah.

Narating from Abu-Hureyrea Prophet Mohammed s.a.v.s sais:"When someone of you foget,so he eat something or drink,he should continue his fast because Allah has feed him and Allah make him drunk with water.".
I hope Inshallah I could help you dear sister.:)

May Allah bless you sister and accept your fasting.

Salam

Your sister Asja

drimi

Qëndrim Ismajli
Can i use toothpaste while i am fasting?only to change to odor of the mouth?Help me if you know please
Selama alejkum
Well , I usually use toothpaste while I'm fasting.I also was in dilemma for this ,but when I asked our imam he said me yes you can use it.But it is important that the water to go not in the throat.I hope that you understand me.ALL-LLAHU alem.
Selam alejkum