CAN THE QURAN BE GIVEN TO A NON MUSLIM?

daywalker

At least the ayah of Bismillah was in every letter. In his letter to heraclius he further quoted following verse:

“Say [O Muhammad (Peace be upon him)]: ‘O people of the Scripture (Jews and Christians), come to a word that is just between us and you, that we worship none but Allâh, and that we associate no partners with Him, and that none of us shall take others as lords besides Allâh.’ Then, if they turn away, say: ‘Bear witness that we are Muslims.’ ” [3:64]

Well bismillahir rah manir rahim is a verse of quran, but normally people dont write this by having intention that he is quoting the verse of quran.otherwise they would also say first audhubillahiminash.... or like doing dua with the verse of rabbana zalamna..... people dont have intention at this moment to quote the verse of quran though its also state in Quran.

saif

:salam2: one questione more, may i know in which islamic university for how long dr.zakir naik studied?

I hope brother Abdul musa'ir will come up with a answer but just on a side note: The knowledge cannot be measured with a degree. We have the example of sheikh al-albani before us, who taught in a university but was never taught in one.

We have already had a "mere speaker" and "real scholar" debate before, if you remember. Please don't start it again.

daywalker

I hope brother Abdul musa'ir will come up with a answer but just on a side note: The knowledge cannot be measured with a degree. We have the example of sheikh al-albani before us, who taught in a university but was never taught in one.

Assalamualaikum, dont need to think, what i will think after you give the answer. so take it easy.

WEll sh.albani didn´t may study in uni, but he used to spend nearly his whole life in islamic library. And the "chain" has always been seen as for the reliability of a scholar.

AleahKoto

Allah will decide
What is Wudu to a non muslim? What does it mean? Would they understand it? You are asking a non muslim to perform a muslim ritual, if they aren't muslim it means nothing!

Let them read the book and let them decide if Islam is what they are seeking. If you want to be an elitist religion then by all means do so, cut all people off from reading the Quran. That is what you are saying. No one but Muslims should know anything about ISLAM. You can wash your hands all you want, but if you don't do it with intention in the heart, it is nothing.....

If someone speaks Arabic, give them a book in Arabic, they certainly can't read another language. But then if you don't care about them, don't give them anything, and go your merry way......

And YES, people who are NOT Muslim can purchase the book anywhere and read it. And YES lots of them become Muslim, wow imagine that! They can't change the words, they can't do anything to the Quran, because it is NOT just paper and binding, it is in the heart of a true Muslim.

Abdul Hasib

Student of Knowledge
Assalamu Alykum Warahmatullahe Wabarakathuh brothers and sisters. I seriously do not think that you all should result in putting others "on blast," and for another thing, the Quran is written in Arabic, but the Arabic of the Quran is that of the ancient Arabic (that the Quraysh and Arabians would speak during the time of Muhammad SAW), and today there are many dialects in Arabic, but the standard Arabic dialect is extremely differant than that of the Quranic Arabic. So, if you want to give a copy of the Quran in Arabic to a Christian or Jew (etc.) in Arabic, then giving them the original copy of the Quran will not help them, because they won't understand it (correctly), and the solution would be to find a translation of the Quran in the Standard Arabic Dialect, and Allah Knows best.

abuayesha

:salam2:

Dear Brothers and Sisters:

Qur'an is not the property of the Muslims.
Qur'an is the words of Allaah. Allaah said to Adam:

We said: "Get ye down all from here; and if, as is sure, there comes to you Guidance from Me," whosoever follows My guidance, on them shall be no fear, nor shall they grieve.

But those who reject Faith and belie Our signs, they shall be companions of the Fire, they shall abide therein.
(Al-Qur'an 2:38-39)

So, the Qur'an was sent by Allaah to the Mankind. If we, as Muslims, keep it for ourselves without giving it to the others, non-Muslims, we will be in a big mess on the Day of Judgement. The Qur'an is the Huda - the straight path Allaah sent to the mankind.

Asking the Muslims to have wuduu before reading the Qur'an the yesteryears' scholars deprived our ancestors reading the Qur'an.

On top of this, Dear Brothers and Sisters, do you know that there are some Ulamaa asking the Muslims not to read translations? They say that the translations will deviate from the straight path. The Thableegh Jamaath is propagating this in our part of the world, South Asia.

The Shaithan - Iblees - got the permission to mislead the offsprings of Adam. He is doing that in such a manner that out of respect we follow what he whipers. Naoudubillaahi minash shaithanirrajeem

Wassalaam

daywalker

sister purified

jazakallah .thanks so much for this video..it really wuld make things much simpler if we can give the copy of quran/translation to nonmuslims..

B.H.

I was a kafir before I converted to Islam. Thanks be to Allah I was able to read the Holy Quran in translation by buying it at a bookstore.

Allah chose to save me and teach me the truth by giving me access to the Holy Quran if only through translation.

hassana elkoussi

:salam2:dear brothers and sisters,

This thread is really interesting, but i think you have been a bit harsh on brother Abdul Musa'ir . I wish to add two points which I have learned from classes at the masjid and which may help in this debate.

First, according to the Shafe'i school of fiqh ,a woman in menesis or a person in a state of sexual impurity (janabah) is only allowed to touch the quran in two cases :

a- If the quran has fallen or is about to fall on the ground, then they're allowed to pick it up.
b-If the quran is about to be touched by a non muslim, they're allowed to hold it to prevent this from happening.

Second : If you go back to the story of how Omar Ibn Al Khattab ( May Allah be pleased with him) embraced Islam, we will notice that when he discovered that his sister had embraced Islam , he hit her on the face so she started bleeding.(Scholars say that this made his heart become tender) . Then he asked her to have a look at the scrolls ( Quran) that she had, but she refused saying " You're a filthy mushrik, you should perform wudu' first.And he did, and when he read the ayat of surah Taha , he said "These cannot be the words of a human being "and he took his shahada immediately after.

Sorry i cant provide evidence b\c the first point is a fiqh issue and the second is a story, but this story is available everywhere and you can find it on different sites on Google and in all books about the story of how Omar Ibn Al Khattab embraced Islam.

To put an end to this debate and to be on the safe side, I personally think that a non Muslim can be given an interpretation ( tafsir ) of the quran for the purpose of da'wah to make them acquainted with the main message of Islam .

Gazakum Allah Khairan

Mahzala

فَتَبَارَكَ اللَّهُ أَحْسَنُ الْخَالِقِينَ
Assalamualaikum

:bismillah1:
Second : If you go back to the story of how Omar Ibn Al Khattab ( May Allah be pleased with him) embraced Islam, we will notice that when he discovered that his sister had embraced Islam , he hit her on the face so she started bleeding.(Scholars say that this made his heart become tender) . Then he asked her to have a look at the scrolls ( Quran) that she had, but she refused saying " You're a filthy mushrik, you should perform wudu' first.And he did, and when he read the ayat of surah Taha , he said "These cannot be the words of a human being "and he took his shahada immediately after.

This is what I was going to mention also. You have wrapped it up better than I would have so I will not go further. The Quran itself in Surah Al Waqiah says: La yamasahu illal Mutaharoon. There are many ayahs that have also been posted by other members that suggest that it is not advised that the Quran be touched by an impure person. Undoubtedly, yes, the task of Dawah is made difficult, but Hidayah is in Allah's Hands and that is One of His Glorious Commands.

Assalamualaikum

hassana elkoussi

That's why if thou tell that the Umar bin Khattab's sister told to Umar ibn Khattab to do Wudhu, that's because Rasulullah told to Muslimin to go to bath after become Muslimin, so this ayat could not be the dalil for people to forbid Kafir to touch it, but if thou tell them to do Wudhu and they rejected then giving them Al Qur'an and tell them to touch it is NOT SIN AGAINST ALLAH.

:salam2: brother, I don;t like to argue , but the story of Umar Ibn Khatab's sister shows clearly that she asked him to perform wudu' before, not after, embracing Isalm
Salam

AZAM_SIDDIQUI

IT SEEMS WE ARE TOO AFRAID OF ASKING THE KAFIR TO HAVE A BATH BEFORE TOUCHING THE QURAN.MAYBE ALLAHS WORD IS LIGHTER TO US.
BUT I DONT THINK ANYONE SERIOUSLY INTERESTED WOULD HAVE p[roble3m

solution for all guys here .......................................give a translation without arabic script thats good enough or hey guys ---give a cd of the quran !!!!! maybe that would enable him to hear the message.

lasztly i think we are getting into marketing.....thats not the ap[proach.

the best way is to be confident muslim reflecting the quran in your behaviour!

lastly if we first fear for ourselves ,then for others.

it will be better preferablyboth.
may Allah help us.
ameen ya rabbulaalameen.

maybe soon our lousinesswill kill us .except if ALLAH has mercy.aameen ya rabbulaalameen.

daywalker

Ofcourse for people who use dha'if hadits like "Junub people aren't allowed to touch Al Qur'an." This is on the view of wrong and when we say that it was Dha'if is from the takhrij done by Muhammad Nashiruddin Al Albani.

What is meant by junub people in this sentence? junub people= non muslim, or muslim who is in the situation of junub?

daywalker

Remember sister El Koussi, that Umar bin Khattab was becoming Muslimin after hearing his sister recited Al Qur'an and while he was asking her the Qur'an, not after he himself read Al Qur'an. I have read the atsar, okay?

CAn you please quote thex exact story please? it will be nice.

Cause if after hearing quran he(rd) sarted to becoming muslim, then he also strated to beat his sister. Is beating sister a sign of becoming muslim?

Thats why i needed the exact info about that incident.

JAzakallahu khairan.

hassana elkoussi

As-salamu alaikom,

Here's the story of Umar Ibn Khattab ( May Allah be Pleased with him )

http://everything2.com/e2node/Umar%20ibn%20al-Khattab

One day Umar set forth, sword slung about his neck, with the intention of killing Muhammad(s), having heard that he(s) and some of his Companions had gathered in a particular house. Along the way, he was spotted by Nu'aym Ibn Abdullah, who was already a Muslim. Nu'aym asked him where he was going. Umar informed him of his intention, saying that he would settle the matter once and for all that day. Nu'aym told him that he was letting his anger get the best of himself, and besides, he should put his own house in order. Umar asked what he meant by that, and Nu'aym told him that his own sister, Fatima bint al-Khattab and her husband, who was also his cousin, Sa'id Ibn Zayd had converted to Islam. Hearing this, Umar became enraged and went to his sister's house.

Fatima and Sa'id were listening to Khabbab Ibn Al-Aratt reading Sura Ta-Ha from the Quran at the time. When they heard Umar approach, Khabbab hid himself in a small room and Fatima hid the manuscript beneath her thigh. Umar had already heard them, however, and asked what was it that he had heard. He told them that he had heard that they had become followeres of Muhammad(s) and attacked Sa'id.. Fatima attempted to help her husband, and Umar struck her severely. They both declared that they were, in fact, Muslims and told him to do whatever he will. Umar looked upon his sister, now bleeding from his blow, and his anger gave way to shame. He asked her to show him what they had been reading, as Umar was literate.

Fatima told him that she was afraid of what he might do with it, so he promised that he would not destroy it. She then told him that he was unclean and could not touch it, so he arose and took a bath. He read a few lines and commented on how noble and sublime the speech of the Quran was. Khabbab then came out and said

"O 'Umar, by God, I hope that Allah would bless you with His Prophet's (PBUH) call; for I heard him just last night imploring earnestly; "O Allah, strengthen Islam by Abul Hakam (Abu Jahl) or 'Umar Ibn al-Khattab. Now, 'Umar have some fear of God."
Umar then asked Khattab to lead him to the Messenger of God(s) so that he could accept Islam. Khabbab told him of his(s) location, and Umar took his sword and went there. Umar knocked on the door, and one of the Sahaba looked through a hole in the door to see who it was. He then went to the Prophet(s) and told him that Umar was outside, armed with his sword. Hamza, one of the companions, suggested that he be allowed in, and if his intent was peaceful, then things would be alright, but if intended otherwise, they would kill him with his own sword. The Prophet(s) told them to let him in and went forth to greet him.

What for have you come, O son of Khattab? By God, I see that some calamity is to befall you before you have the final summons.
Umar replied, meekly:
O Messenger of Allah, I have come to attest my faith in Allah and His Prophet (Peace Be Upon Him) and what he has brought from God.
The Messenger of God(s) cried out Allahu Akbar so loudly that everyone in the house knew that Umar had accepted Islam.

daywalker

However to use the ayat to forbid Kafirun to touch Al Qur'an is wrong.
Is it wrong, or opinion differs?
Muslimin aren't include as Najis eventhough they are on the condition of Junub, this is the story between Rasulullah and Abu Hurairah, I don't memorise the source "'An Abu Hurairah he said "I was in the state of Junub, and I saw Rasulullah, so I hide, then Rasulullah asked me 'Why are you hiding yaa Abu Hurairah (Abdurrahman bin Shahr)? I answered 'I'm in Junub yaa Rasulullah." Rasulullah said to me 'Oh, Abu Hurairah Muslimin is not Najis.' " END OF STORY.

So that means kafirs are najis, but muslim aren´t najis but can be in the situation of najis?

And najis like kafirs are allowed to touch the quran, but muslims who are i the situation of najis aren´t allowed to touch the quran?

daywalker

Fatima told him that she was afraid of what he might do with it, so he promised that he would not destroy it. She then told him that he was unclean and could not touch it, so he arose and took a bath.

Remember sister El Koussi, that Umar bin Khattab was becoming Muslimin after hearing his sister recited Al Qur'an and while he was asking her the Qur'an, not after he himself read Al Qur'an. I have read the atsar, okay?

I still didn´t get any connection with the story of umar(rd) and his becoming muslim before beating his sister?

Is there any quotation of a schoalr who said, umar(rd) was becoming a muslim by hearing the quran and before beating his siter?