can we know if we have been forgiven in this life?

sky_012

:salam2:

some people say if you fel serenity , it means Allah SWT Forgave u for the sin u comitted , are there signs that can tell us we have been forgiven ?

because , me , my past sins keep haunting me , i keep asking for forgiveness but never feel good looking at my past , it gives me doubts about sincerity of my faith :( and i wonder if one day i'll be forgiven or not

Jazak Allah in advance

:wasslam:

ibn azem

Super Moderator
Staff member

Sister, everyone of us makes mistakes and the best of us are those who repent:

Say: "O 'Ibâdî (My slaves) who have transgressed against themselves (by committing evil deeds and sins)! Despair not of the Mercy of Allâh, verily Allâh forgives all sins. Truly, He is Oft-Forgiving, Most Merciful[].

"And turn in repentance and in obedience with true Faith (Islâmic Monotheism) to your Lord and submit to Him, (in Islâm), before the torment comes upon you, then you will not be helped. 39:53-54

I hope that helped dear sister.

May Allah (swt) forgive us all and guide us, and make it possible for us to die as muslims, insha'Allah.

wasalaam.

Umm Aysha

*Strive for Jannah*
Asalaamu Alaykum

JazakAllah khayr for this brother ibn azem and ameen to your Dua....

By the way sky_012 is a sister :)

Insha-Allah sis sky when i get chance i will reply to you....insha-Allah soon....:hearts: hope you good sis...miss ya...

wasalam

ibn azem

Super Moderator
Staff member
Asalaamu Alaykum

JazakAllah khayr for this brother ibn azem and ameen to your Dua....

By the way sky_012 is a sister :)

Insha-Allah sis sky when i get chance i will reply to you....insha-Allah soon....:hearts: hope you good sis...miss ya...

wasalam

Jazakillaahu khayr sister Umm Aysha,

I ask sister sky_012 to forgive my mistake!:eek:

wasalaam.

faiz_fauzi

Remember what ALLAH said in the Holy Quran!

Unless he repents, believes, and works righteous deeds, for Allah will change the evil of such persons into good, and Allah is Oft-Forgiving, Most Merciful,

And whoever repents and does good has truly turned to Allah with an (acceptable) conversion;- Surat Al-Furqan 70-71

Dont worry.Past is past.Just pray for forgivess.ALLAH will surely forgive u.
Allah will change the evil of such persons into goodRite?

Marwa17

Allah knows what is truly in our hearts...one must repent in body, mind, and soul....We all ask allah for forgiveness...:salah: :salah: :salah: None of us is perfect....:tti_sister: :tti_sister: Allah is the most merciful and only with his help we can make it to jennah...

I'm not good at finding hadiths but I remember this hadith my mother told me a long time ago (if anyone can find it that would be great)
Basically, there was this man who died at about 80 years old and he spent all his years worshipping allah and trying to do what is right...
When he died, allah told him that you will go to jennah by my mercy
The guy said no it is by my actions
When allah took his mercy off of the scale, the man's good deeds were not enough...
So, we should just remember that allah's mercy is everything...
(i'm sorry if i got that hadith wrong in some way)

faiz_fauzi

Basically, there was this man who died at about 80 years old and he spent all his years worshipping allah and trying to do what is right...
When he died, allah told him that you will go to jennah by my mercy
The guy said no it is by my actions
When allah took his mercy off of the scale, the man's good deeds were not enough...
So, we should just remember that allah's mercy is everything...
(i'm sorry if i got that hadith wrong in some way)

Me also heard bout this story to.Good one huh?

Have u heard the story of a hooker that sacrifice his drinks and give it to a dog that in a great thirst.ALLAH reward her for JANNAH because the mercy that she shows to a dog.

Can u c that heaven is ALLAH will.He will reward it to anybody that receive HIS blessing!Not just because of our action.!SO bear in MIND receive ALLAH blessing then we will go to heaven without it wheather we spend most of our time worshipping HIM but without HIS blessing we can never go to heaven!

ALLAH knows best!

sky_012

Jazak Allah for your help brothers and sisters in islam, i've heard about these two hadiths but don't know the source as well

but your posts made me think and you are all right , if Allah SWT blessings weren't upon all of us, i wonder what would happen to whole humanity

yesterday i read an article about the replication of DNA in cells and they were saying that only one nucleotid among 10^8 makes a mistake during the process of replication , but even if this happens Allah SWT has also given tools to correct the mistakes , so the replication can be done correctly, we are lucky that we are here without any major health problem, it's a true blessing and they were saying if the poucentage of mistakes commited increased only by 0.00000000000001% , perhaps in 100 years there wouldn't be any human of earth ! similarly , we have millions of miilions blessings by Allah SWT but we keep beeing in doubt about some things :(

also , from your posts i really realized that loosing hope and thinking about "perhaps i've not been forgiven", is a waste of time, we should try to do our best to correct the past because we have nothing to loose by doing this, i should look at my mistakes as mistakes but i should realize that each day when i get up, as i'm still alive , it means Allah SWT Has given me another chance, another day , another opportunity to ask for forgiveness , another day full of points of good deeds that i should not wait to collect ....

Jazak Allah for helping me to clear all that in my mind

May Allah SWT reward you and Guide us all Ameen

:wassalam: