can you guarantee two things?

ahmed_indian

to Allah we belong
:salam2:,

Prophet said, "Whoever guarantees me (the chastity of) what is between his legs (i.e. his private parts), and what is between his jaws (i.e., his tongue), I guarantee him Paradise." [Bukhari #799]

Commentary: avoiding lies, backbiting, haraam food and illegal sexual acts.

IbnAdam77

Travelling towards my grave.
:salam2:,

Prophet said, "Whoever guarantees me (the chastity of) what is between his legs (i.e. his private parts), and what is between his jaws (i.e., his tongue), I guarantee him Paradise." [Bukhari #799]

Commentary: avoiding lies, backbiting, haraam food and illegal sexual acts.

wa'alaikumussalam warahmatullahi wabarakatuh

MashaAllah that is a great reminder. Indeed we always need them.

WajazakAllahu Khair al-Akh Ahmed.

wassalam 'alaikum warahmatullahi wabarakatuh

ahmed_indian

to Allah we belong
Hmm. Not sure I agree with that, I find it rather hard to fathom that someone such as, say, Jack the Ripper, would go to heaven before someone who said swear words or committed adultery. There is no evidence (one way or the other) that Jack the Ripper ever had illicit sex, or said swear words. However, he did kill people and remove their kidneys with a scalpel.

Islam is a complete way of life. Prophet :saw: told about all principles in different ways.

of course, its forbidden for muslims to kill or oppress or do injustice to our fellow human beings.

revert2007

Love Fishing
Ahmed: You wrote that it is forbidden for Muslims to kill, oppress, or do injustice to their fellow human beings.

However, the problem is, is that you now have a contradiction in your beliefs.

What was written above was very clear, Mohammed GUARANTEED that anyone chaste sexually and with his speech, was GUARANTEED heaven. He said nothing in this statement regarding murder disqualifying you from this guarantee, so long as you are chaste with your private parts and your tongue.

Under those standards, either you would have to accept that such a monster as Jack The Ripper is guaranteed to get into heaven, or else Mohammed was mistaken when he made that statement.

If Mohammed made other statements elsewhere about murder disqualifying one from heaven, then those statements contradict this one. In which case Mohammed is contradicting himself, at least one of his statements would be incorrect, and you still have a contradiction in your religion.

well sis,ig i take care of my private parts and my tounge and at the same time i keep on killing everyone on earth or do other bad things,do u think i can enter paradise??????????

entering paradise isn't as easy as u think.for example i do as what the prophet said and at the same time i disobey my husband,i cant enter paradise as well.this is just one small part what the prophet had said.u need to read more on islam and get the celar picture.

brother Ahmed_indian was just quoting one small part of what the prophet said as reminder coz these two things are the major things in our life.

i dont go around killing people,neither do u.so we dont strees too much on murdering.

Mathieu

Ahmed: You wrote that it is forbidden for Muslims to kill, oppress, or do injustice to their fellow human beings.

However, the problem is, is that you now have a contradiction in your beliefs.

What was written above was very clear, Mohammed GUARANTEED that anyone chaste sexually and with his speech, was GUARANTEED heaven. He said nothing in this statement regarding murder disqualifying you from this guarantee, so long as you are chaste with your private parts and your tongue.

Under those standards, either you would have to accept that such a monster as Jack The Ripper is guaranteed to get into heaven, or else Mohammed was mistaken when he made that statement.

If Mohammed made other statements elsewhere about murder disqualifying one from heaven, then those statements contradict this one. In which case Mohammed is contradicting himself, at least one of his statements would be incorrect, and you still have a contradiction in your religion.

Hmmm really interesting.

It could be logic if it was in the context but unfortunetly it is not.

Certain things are Haraam in Islam like:

certain behaviours, such as adultery or abuse, abstention in the general elections (e.g. in Indonesia) and profane language.

certain objects and sacrilege.

certain foodstuffs or food ingredients, such as alcohol or pork.

and also to foods, objects and people that would normally be halaal but which were tarnished in some or other way, for example meat slaughtered in a non-permitted way or people with certain sexual preferences.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

Now with that in mind, all these things were probably exposed by Muhammad (pbuh) before he said this statement. Knowing this it is clear that the meaning behind the statement of Muhammad is. "If you avoid lies, backbiting, haraam food and illegal sexual acts you would go to Paradise. But if you kill somebody you won't go to Paradise even if you do all these good things."

It some simple logic.

Reading your post it looks like you're just a troll trying to bash Islam my friend.

Saying that Muhammad contradicted himself like that is an insult in my eyes and I'm not even Muslim. Imagine how it is in the eyes of a Muslim.

You know the true meaning of this: Prophet said, "Whoever guarantees me (the chastity of) what is between his legs (i.e. his private parts), and what is between his jaws (i.e., his tongue), I guarantee him Paradise." [Bukhari #799]. Don't try to act smart friend. We're no child anymore, starting fights are useless.

Salam,

Mathieu

ahmed_indian

to Allah we belong
I take the meaning as it is specifically written. I don't add other things from elsewhere, to it, to derive what I think is a more pleasant meaning 'behind' what is said. It seems to me that adding things from elsewhere, to come up with your own meaning 'behind' what is specifically said, is placing yourself above Mohammed. Not that I have a problem with people doing that, since I myself am not a Muslim, but I thought that was something Muslims were not supposed to do?

Just extremely logical and into the specific meanings of words. :)

My own personal point of view is the opposite of that statement, though. I think there are quite a few people who are 'unchaste' in heaven, but few or no murdering monsters like Jack the Ripper.

u need to study Islam as a whole!

like prophet :saw: said that praying 5 times a day removes ur sin, making successful Hajj gets u paradise, fast in Ramadan gets all ur sins forgiven, crying out of fear of Allah makes u forbidden for hell,etc.

so pls see the things in their proper context.

PS: i hope u r here to learn God's guidance to mankind - Islam and not for something different. may Almighty God u to His way!