Can you have reptiles in Islam?

Call_me_Lai

Salamu alaikum wa rahmatullahi wa barakatuh!
i have heard before that you cant have reptiles as pets in Islam, is that true?
Dont get me wrong here i really dont want any reptiles as pets but i really want to know the answer to this question:)

Jazak Allah Khair, for those that will answer this question:)

falomar

Salamu alaikum wa rahmatullahi wa barakatuh!
i have heard before that you cant have reptiles as pets in Islam, is that true?
Dont get me wrong here i really dont want any reptiles as pets but i really want to know the answer to this question:)

Jazak Allah Khair, for those that will answer this question:)

Yes, I also read somewhere you can't have dogs unless for farming or guarding, but you can have cats.....why?....I don't know....Can anyone explain these, please?

P.S....I have 2 dogs, a small one and a very big one, I have them to guard my house 'couse my car was stolen in front of the house while sleeping, couple of months ago....Now I have another car and this one is a little expensive so I can't take the risk....I need these dogs, besides,..I don't like cats that much.....I also like to have an aquarium...it's so relaxing.

islamic-beauty

x.ProudMuslimGirl.x
Yes, I also read somewhere you can't have dogs unless for farming or guarding, but you can have cats.....why?....I don't know....Can anyone explain these, please?

P.S....I have 2 dogs, a small one and a very big one, I have them to guard my house 'couse my car was stolen in front of the house while sleeping, couple of months ago....Now I have another car and this one is a little expensive so I can't take the risk....I need these dogs, besides,..I don't like cats that much.....I also like to have an aquarium...it's so relaxing.

but dogs are haram aint dey

Globalpeace

Banned
Asslamo Allaikum,

DOGS are Not Haram, they are creatues of Allah (SWT), There are conditions on keeping them and I think it is thoroughly discussed in the thread....

P.S: unless you are talking about eating dogs which is called Dobo in philipino I beleive, can someone confirm?

but dogs are haram aint dey

AsHwH

alslam alykom
u can have dogs for 2 resons one is for hunting tow is for savety but u cant allow them in the place of pray + u cant eat from the same plate to clean the plate that a dog uesed or tuched with its mouth u need to wash it 7 times one of the sevn must be with sand that is what i know god forgive me if i forgot or i did a misstake

somewhatinspired

dogs belong outside

asalamualaikum

i am American, and i grew up with dogs in the house.

dogs are really fun, and can have great personalities.

but i completely understand why we should not live with them in our houses at all.

if i lived on a farm, or had a lot of land, i would absolutely keep a dog possibly several. assuming i had the time and energy to take care of them.
but even if i had a house with a big back yard, i would not keep a dog.
because i wouldn't want to have to dedicate my entire yard as the dogs space.

dogs need a lot of space.

i don't care what anyone says, dogs will be happier if they have a place to run around in. even if it is a tiny dog. or if you walk it every day

i couldnt play in my backyard without shoes as a kid because there was dog waste everywhere.

and when i have kids(Insha Allah), if i am fortunate enough to have a back yard,
i would like my children to be able to play in it freely. with out worry about urine all over the place. let alone solid waste.

as far as living in the house, dogs shed.
their hair gets everywhere.

dog owners often do not notice it. but the hair gets everywhere. i don't care about how little certain dogs shed. they shed.

some people think their hair is clean.

i don't think so after rolling around in the grass that it frequently urinates in.

not to mention licking itself with the tongue that it uses to lick its privates.

it can also be noted dog sits with its privates directly to the floor.

and if you are walking on carpet or flooring that your dog sits on, you will have to make wudu, before you can pray

if it jumps on your bed get ready to change your sheets unless you wanna make wudu after you lay down to read a book while waiting for prayer or in between work and school.

and you would not be able to pray anywhere that the dog walked or sat.

i have personally seen countless dogs eat their own or other dogs waste,

i wont even get into the practice of paper training a dog in your home.
which is the most common technique used to train small puppies to control their bodily function

it is common practice to let dogs live as family members in ones home.

but what do you do when the dog is old and no longer able to controls its bodily functions?

you cant deny it the right to live in the house that it has always lived in.

do you kill it before it naturally dies?

for the sake of your family's cleanliness?

dogs are great companions.
good guards, and great hunters.

but i could not live with a dog in my house and be a practicing Muslim at the same time without going through a lot of hardship.

some people may think that the benefits far outweigh the negative aspects.

but i don't think this one can be disputed

dogs belong outside

period