Can't recite the shahadah why?

seekerofpeace

So I've been reading the Quran, and really spending a lot of time thinking about this major event in my life. A few times I've had the shahadah in front of me to recite it, but can't yet. Even if I knew nothing else about Islam, I agree with everything in the shahadah, I am just not feeling like now is the time. And frankly that's a little frustrating.

Has any other converts had the same issue?

Salam,
Matthew

amyaishazouaoui

So I've been reading the Quran, and really spending a lot of time thinking about this major event in my life. A few times I've had the shahadah in front of me to recite it, but can't yet. Even if I knew nothing else about Islam, I agree with everything in the shahadah, I am just not feeling like now is the time. And frankly that's a little frustrating.

Salam,
Matthew

Heyyyyy

So i was taking time out but i saw a sneaky peak

Look Matthew....I know what ur talking about...every day i used to open my books and every day I used to see the shahadah.

I used to really want to say it....but one day the want became a need, a need to make shahadah more than ANYTHING in the world.
So the next day I did (time and place were not appropriate the day before)

And it was the best thing i ever did......im not going to deny that its not been hard.....but I have to say..Allah has the tightest grip on my heart and even if I wanted to I could never let go.

Take the plunge.......... come swim with us

Take care of ur self bro Matthew ( coz i think u really want to be muslim I call u brother...its in ur heart you just need to come out!!!)))

Your Sister in islam (inshallah)

AAZ

Steve940

Before I converted I was read the entire Qu'ran, was praying 5 times a day, and fasted in Ramadan. However, I didn't convert until a friend took my hand and led me towards the front of the masjid to make shahadah.

In other words, I needed support in the biggest and most important decision of my life. Encouragement and reassurance helped me to make the right decision, and I believe this might be what is holding you back.

You know the truth. It has become clear to you. The devil will never cease to attack mankind and to try to lead them astray. Do not let this happen. Allah SWT chooses who He wills to guide to the straight path. When the realization dawns upon you, do not let it slip through the cracks.

I urge you to take your shahadah as soon as you can. If you can drive to a local masjid, go and take the shahadah. If you can ride a bike, ride it, and if you can walk, walk. As soon as you take the shahadah, your heart should feel at rest and you will become the brother of over a billion muslims. You will not have made a wrong decision, as this is the best gift that we can receive from Allah SWT.

I am glad that you have come as far as you have, and hope that you make the right decision in the end.

:salam2:

jabba

Salafi Dawah is the best
Salam

I wanted to say the shahada months before I actually did. I would say it too myself but not publicly, I was praying salat with my husband before I had officailly became Muslim, I was eating halal.....but still hadn't said the shahada. I think at the time I wanted more knowledge, I have no idea what was holding me back. InshAllah you'll do it when you are ready.

Take care

MubarekMuslimah

Salaams

I needed a little push to make the step - I think most of us do. its normal because what you are about to do is a big decision -and BECAUSE you realise that shows you are ready! Thats why you are nervous to do it. Alhamdulillah!!

If you didnt realise what a big thing this was and weren't nervous then you wouldnt really be ready.

But let me tell you when you do it - its like the biggest weight off your mind and shoulders and the best feeling in your heart :hearts: You truly will feel and understand the meaning of the phrase 'inner peace.' masha'allah.

Be brave brother - take the step - theres a million muslims holiding your hand and waiting to catch you.:)

Take care and when you do do it, whenever that maybe insha'allah, please let us know so we can have a little virtual (halal!!) party!! :wavyarms: :wavyarms: :wavyarms:

Salaams

nofel

just one thing can i say it for you, you dont know if you'll live tomorrow or no.
please dont take alot time

Sagie

Take ur time....it's is something worth comittting urself to.....

Only u know when it is the right time to do it....

There are alot muslims out there....both brothers and sister.s..who will support you fully......

best of luck to u

peace be upon u

seekerofpeace

just one thing can i say it for you, you dont know if you'll live tomorrow or no.
please dont take alot time

Now that one has me worried more than anything, I am worried if I spend too much time thinking about this, the time Allah, SWT has given me will be over.

Thanks for that thought. I'm still young enough I don't think about not waking up in the morning.

khalid123456

Islam is Perfect
In The name of Allah The All Merciful, All Compassionate, All Forgiving, All Loving, All Kind, All Gentle, (The One, Alone, Single, Unique Lord of all Worlds)Creator, Maker and Giver of Form, The One and Only True King.

All Praise, All Glory, All Might, All Power, All Worship belongs Alone to Almighty Allah.

Almighty Allah is the creator and we are the creation (servants and slaves) of Almighty Allah.

Every Prophet /Messenger was given the same Message of Islam to its people but the name was saved for this Ummah.

Embrace/Accept Islam it is the truth Mathew.

Don't Delay

say the shahadaah Immediatly as soon as possible, because we dont know when we will die, so we want to die as true muslims (servants and slaves) of Almighty ALLAH

If i have made any errors can some please correct me so i can edit this post
JazakAllah Khair.

jabba

Salafi Dawah is the best
I'm still young enough I don't think about not waking up in the morning.

Salam

Plz don't assume this, I lost my friend who was only 23 just over a month ago. It was natural causes, it just happened. This life is so short, we never know whats going to happen

justmuslim

Salam,
Matthew

first of all, i want to say bravo for reading the qur'an and thinking about islam.
i know it's big decision to makke and we all being there. anyway, if you know in your heart this is the truth ( which is ) don't wait another minute b/c life is not garanted. remember we're not here to push u but like my brother steve said do what ever u can to make it happen and when u do we're here for you and welcome u as our brother in islam.
best luck of u

sugarbb

the thing is, Mathew, yes, you DON'T WANT TO think about NOT WAKING UP in the morning as you are young BUT there is NO guarantee. this is reality. when we will return to Him, the knowledge is with Allah only. whatever good intentions you have, do not procrastinate, that is what satans wants us to do and he aint gonna stop there either. He will whisper in your heart, hey, there is 2morrow, there is next week, next month, next year, and ......it goes on. he is good at stirring doubts in the hearts of man. my sincere advise to you is, if you are convinced in your heart, take your shahadah. we will give you our support, as a muslim community here, InsyaAllah. May Allah guide you. InsyaAllah.

mohsofi_abdullah

The fact that you have it written down on something, and reading it in your heart, is allready an achievement...
That you understand what it says, and you have actually agreed on the meaning of the precious syahadah... that allready tells me that you're indeed a muslim...
MasyaAllah

seekerofpeace

I have realized it's time. I need to make Shahadah, I only wish the Masjid was open right now. I won't have any time tomorrow or Allah SWT, give me strength, Friday. So tomorrow I'm going to call the Masjid tomorrow and see if I can speak to someone in Monday.

Wish me luck
Salaam,
Matthew

jabba

Salafi Dawah is the best
I have realized it's time. I need to make Shahadah, I only wish the Masjid was open right now. I won't have any time tomorrow or Allah SWT, give me strength, Friday. So tomorrow I'm going to call the Masjid tomorrow and see if I can speak to someone in Monday.

Wish me luck
Salaam,
Matthew

:salam2:

All the best to you, I pray Allah (SWT) gives you strength and guidence in all that you do, truly Islam is a blessing and mercy from God (SWT) all mighty ameen .

:wasalam:

mohsofi_abdullah

SubhanAllah AlhamdulIllah LaIlahaIllAllah Allahuakbar

May Allah protect and bless you, brother Matthew

This is a gift to ummah who persevere...

Salam

sugarbb

assalammualaikum,

Alhamdulillah. i hope to welcome you as a new brother in Islam InsyaAllah. Islam is the BEST gift in your life.:hijabi:

seekerofpeace

Alhamdulillah. i hope to welcome you as a new brother in Islam InsyaAllah. Islam is the BEST gift in your life.:hijabi:

Thanks I'm just wishing I could begin now and have someone here to share it with me, well waiting is :)

Thank you so much my future brothers and sister

Salaam,
Matthew

abou haytam

salam mathiew

You know that you are muslim which mean in arabic submission to one God. you feel it in your heart and Allah SWT know what is in your heart so ...you are welcome brother. You know that we beleive that there is tow angels one in the right and the other in left side in every human, those angels right everything we do and we say. ...so don t wait tomorow...take you shahad now and those angels are your witnesses. and of couse allah is here close to you more than you can t imagine.

salam o alikom brother.

Bluegazer

Hello Matthew,

It would bring great joy to us to see you become a Muslim. Having said that, I must advise you that you have to first read and accept the most basic elements of Islam. These are the Five Pillars of Islam and the Six Pillars of Faith.

Please read about the Five Pillars of Islam by clicking on the following link:

http://www.islam-guide.com/frm-ch3-16.htm

Please read about the Six Pillars of Faith by clicking on the following link:

http://www.islam-guide.com/frm-ch3-2.htm

I wish you all the best.

Regards,

Bluegazer