Can't recite the shahadah why?

Bluegazer

Assalamu Alaikum [Peace be to you] brother Matthew!!

Congratulations!!

Welcome to the religion of Islam. May Allah bless you, increase your faith and knowledge of Islam and grant you success in this life and the Hereafter. Aameen.

Now, try and take it easy and start increasing your knowledge gradually. The most important aspect of Islam is to learn what acts constitute worship and then making sure to direct these acts to Allah alone and to no one else. Please read Dr. Bilal Philips' "Fundamentals of Tawheed [Islamic Monotheism]" to excellent information on this most important article of faith.

You should also begin by learning how to perform ablution and to pray the five daily prayers and the rest of the Five Pillars of Islam.

Keep reading a good translation of the Qur'an on a daily basis, even if only a page or two each day.

And remember to always ask Allah to preserve and guard your faith.

A warm welcome again!

Best regards,

Bluegazer

Wassalamu Alaikum [and peace be to you]

Proud2BeHumble

Seek Truth, Be Happy
:salam2: Brother,

Congratulations !

.:SMILY206: to Islam

This life is like a peice of ice....it is melting. We can use the ice by putting in a glass of water or just leave on the road to melt.

Entering Islam has given meaning to life and i hope you will continue to learn more ..each day.

May Allah guide us and keep on straight path

Ameen

Here is one link for NEW MUSLIMS

New Muslim (How to Start?) + Prayers (How to perform)

http://www.turntoislam.com/forum/showthread.php?t=13550

Wasalam

amyaishazouaoui

:salam2:

Mashallah, brother matthew..well done, im so happy for you.

May Allah keep you on the straight path, save you from harm, save you for whispers of shaytaan and may you stay on the straight path.

OOOOOhhhhhhhhhh :)

Keep strong bro and never give up

:wasalam:

Your sister in islam
AAZ

Amirah84

:salam2: borther Matthew,

just read your thread as well as your previous threads.

MashaAllah!! I want to congratulate you on your new way of life, the best way of life. May Allah grant you safety and a strong faith in Him always, ameen.

I'm happy you feel this forum is a place where you can ask without holding back. Stay with us and inshaAllah all the brothers and sisters will do our best to help you with the learning process of prayers and basics.

Take care,

Sister Amirah

firdeus

Subhanallah, Alhamdulilah we Allahu Akbar

Your reply was quick and right to the call of Allah SWT. I am really happy for you. May Allahu SWT keep you guided to His straight path, and may you enjoy the sweetness of eeman. Once again, congratulations.

:salam2: :hijabi:

jabba

Salafi Dawah is the best
Salam Alikum Brother

A big welcome to Islam!! May Allah (SWT) keep you on the straight path always inshAllah Ameen.

isma3eel

Now that one has me worried more than anything, I am worried if I spend too much time thinking about this, the time Allah, SWT has given me will be over.

Thanks for that thought. I'm still young enough I don't think about not waking up in the morning.

asalam alikom wa wb. I'm really not trying to scare you or sthg but really when you talk about death there is nothing such as I'm young or healthy and stuff like that coz you fate is known and determined only by Allah so don't tell me He SWT will excuse you from your fate coz you are young. It's your fate so whenever it's supposed to happen it will without doubt about it. One more thing I hope that this is not sthg from Satan, the enemy and hater of mankind, he keeps telling u laterz. coz this is what he hates the most.
May Allah make it easy on you, guide you and bless you from satan.
Ameeen
:)

isma3eel

I:salam2: :shymuslima1: I'm sorry people I guess my past is irrelevant now.lol
ok anyways congratulations Matthew and May Allah Guide you and rebirth you with our beloved prophet Mohamed pbuh and his companions and may my previous reply be an advise for those who are facing a problem such as yours or might face it in the future. :)

Bawar

Struggling2Surrender
Assalamu alaikum brother!
Allahu akbar, Allahu akar, Allahu akbar (Allah swt is the greatest)

Brother Mathew, most welcome to islam. Like one brother said, you did not delay to surrneder to the will of Allah swt and you did it so eagerly, subhanallah (all praises due to Allah swt).

May Allah grant you a special place in Jannah (heaven) and may HE make your journey of faith a beatiful and rewarding one.
Ameen
wassalam

sugarbb

assalammualaikum bro mathew,

Alhamdulillah. Welcome to Islam. Alhamdulillah. May Allah s.w.t. guide us, forgive us and grant us all:hijabi: jannah, InsyaAllah.

muhammad1979

Before I converted I was read the entire Qu'ran, was praying 5 times a day, and fasted in Ramadan. However, I didn't convert until a friend took my hand and led me towards the front of the masjid to make shahadah.

In other words, I needed support in the biggest and most important decision of my life. Encouragement and reassurance helped me to make the right decision, and I believe this might be what is holding you back.

You know the truth. It has become clear to you. The devil will never cease to attack mankind and to try to lead them astray. Do not let this happen. Allah SWT chooses who He wills to guide to the straight path. When the realization dawns upon you, do not let it slip through the cracks.

I urge you to take your shahadah as soon as you can. If you can drive to a local masjid, go and take the shahadah. If you can ride a bike, ride it, and if you can walk, walk. As soon as you take the shahadah, your heart should feel at rest and you will become the brother of over a billion muslims. You will not have made a wrong decision, as this is the best gift that we can receive from Allah SWT.

I am glad that you have come as far as you have, and hope that you make the right decision in the end.

:ma::ma::ma:

believer`s tear

Just GOOOOO GO Man and say it Pleeeeeeeeeeeeease don`t take a long time .QIYAMA ( DAY OF JUDGEMENT) IS VERY NEAR AND YOU STILL HAVE TO DO A LOT OF THINGS .Like praying , charity , fasting , hajj ( pilgrimage ) and asking Allah to forgive what past .There are many signs occured for the Qiyama..:SMILY209:Hurry man time is passing so quickly .

yakubpasha

Good Morning my brothers and sister in Islam :) Friday Morning I made Shahadah in my room. I love this feeling of peace that I'm enjoying. Monday I'm going to try to head to the local masajid.

Thank you all for your help and encouragement. I know this is just the 1st step of many on this path, but I know this is where I need to be.

Again Thank you all,
Allahu Akbar
Regards,
Matthew

Allhamdullilah Brohter Matthew, you have taken the best decission in your life. I have always been wanting to come to Austing ( i live in Dallas). Inshallah if i do, i would like to congratulate you face to face

P:S Guys plesae stop posting we dont know if you will die tomorrow etc etc, i find that quite annoying, one of my friends took his friend to the masjid as he wanted to learn about Islam and this guy came and said - Are you ready to take Shahadah - SAY IT SAY IT - WHAT IF A BUS HITS YOU WHEN YOU GO OUT.

This made the brother even more scared about converting as ppl were pushing him.

Remember that its very hard, we need to be encouraging and nice but not be FORCING any one.

Salam

Living Soul

Takbeer

Allahu Akbar

Brother Mathew you are blessed by Allah SWT. Now all your past sins are forgiven and you are very close to Allah Ta'ala. Plz. Make Dua for all of us here.

:wasalam::tti_sister:

Prosperous

asthagfirullah
I think you'll do it when your ready. I still need to find a mosque around where I live. I am not sure if I am going to revert, but every day I feel more and more that I want to do it. I have a lot to learn though! So I am waiting till I am educated enough.

salam.
alhamdhullillah tht u feel to do it,(and the right feeling)
pls learn fast.as time is running faster than us, dpn't waste time.
as for brother mattew,waem welcome to brother/sister hood in islam,make ur iman grow as soon as u can,:tti_sister: