Capital Letters Disease

Mabsoot

Amir
Staff member
Assalamu Alaykum,

Can people please Stop writing Titles in Capital Letters?

Some people start writing in capital letters and more than one member doing that. It is unnecessary!

and dont pester Sisters for their emails and for marriage.....

And dont spread rumours or speak against the Admin/mods, if there are issues you can speak to us direct. We dont hide anything. We are approachable! And we accept any advice, Islamic Advice as long as it is based on the Quran and Sunnah.

Please aquaint yourself with the website Rules

wasalam.

umm hussain

bright colour disease

I think there is also a bright colour disease, orange, pink and I sometimes have to strain my eyes to read or not even bother reading. Does anyone else have that problem?

sunshine

Building Bridges
Capital Letters Disease?
colour disease?

:hijabi: sound cute :hijabi:

Anyway, will write all in mono-colour :hijabi:

inshallah

UmmOf3

Salaam aleikum

The "ghetto-lang" is the worst disease of them all hehe. I am too old for the z's, the "i dd nt do dat"-thingie.

There is a hack you can download for vBulletin, that makes the users unable to type titles in capital letters. It will come out looking like: Thread Title Made In Capital Letters, instead of it all in capital letters.

umm hussain

Salaam aleikum

The "ghetto-lang" is the worst disease of them all hehe. I am too old for the z's, the "i dd nt do dat"-thingie.

There is a hack you can download for vBulletin, that makes the users unable to type titles in capital letters. It will come out looking like: Thread Title Made In Capital Letters, instead of it all in capital letters.

You are so right, well not saying I am too old to understand but there are some extremes, there is a post I looked at the other time, I actually though it wasn't English. I got fed up trying to read it. I think some people are more used to texting on the phone and forget how to write properly.

virtualeye

Tamed Brother
You are so right, well not saying I am too old to understand but there are some extremes, there is a post I looked at the other time, I actually though it wasn't English. I got fed up trying to read it. I think some people are more used to texting on the phone and forget how to write properly.

I also notice that, but dont mention.

For instance some people use the words "cud" and "den" instead of "could" and "then". I wonder if they know what does cud and den means in dictionary.

dna1987

Muslim Guy
I also notice that, but dont mention.

For instance some people use the words "cud" and "den" instead of "could" and "then". I wonder if they know what does cud and den means in dictionary.

I GEZ U GOTZ A GUD POINT THR DUD3!!

Lol....

Karima

When I read a post with incorrect spelling, I usually take it as one who has another 'mother' language than English. And, at least, it is an effort to write for this person. Otherwise, I would not be able to understand the foreign words, if this is the case.

All CAPS usually indicate (in computer terms: shouting). Sometimes, the Caps are used without implimenting 'shouting', but to be able to read easier.

Keeping the posts for all to understand and to discuss without intent for harm is really what is important. Also to inform those with information for knowledge and wisdom we all seek.

Mabsoot

Amir
Staff member
assalamu alaykum

l1st3n i r3lly h4t3 wh3n s0m pEEpul Speak Lyk dis.

I dunno y dey do dat i gess it jus cuz dey r immature or dey fink it iz kool

Wasalam.

amyaishazouaoui

assalaamu alaikum

oi, less of the old thakyou....im with them lot and i'm 24. I do apoogise for the odd miss spelled word but im otherwise occupied with the other hand looking afer my ibn

Slave-of-Allah

:salam2:

Lol i can understand how you people feel. I used to write in slang all the time, i only stopped writing in slang when i realised i been writing in slang for two hours in my English Literature exam! I had to write everything out again in formal English but Alhamdulillah i passed my exam! Lol.

:wasalam:

Slave-of-Allah

Assalamu Alaykum,

Some people start writing in capital letters and more than one member doing that. It is unnecessary!

And dont spread rumours or speak against the Admin/mods, if there are issues you can speak to us direct. We dont hide anything. We are approachable! And we accept any advice, Islamic Advice as long as it is based on the Quran and Sunnah.

wasalam.

:salam2:
It's sad to see this stuff is happening on an Islamic forum.:astag:
:wasalam:

umm hussain

When I read a post with incorrect spelling, I usually take it as one who has another 'mother' language than English. And, at least, it is an effort to write for this person. Otherwise, I would not be able to understand the foreign words, if this is the case.
I think it is easy to tell the difference between a non English speaker and someone who is just being lazy or cannot be bothered to make an effort to write properly.

Hiba_Islam

May allah forgive my sins

Assalamu Alaykum,

wasalam.

I personally felt the need to appologise about my previous use of capital letters in a thread I started about my marriag issue. That is to say I am the person most concerned with this message, I got it and sorry.

salam

Karima

I think it is easy to tell the difference between a non English speaker and someone who is just being lazy or cannot be bothered to make an effort to write properly.

I never thought about taking short cuts in writing, so the thought never crossed my mind. I was more concerned about the inability for those who were trying their best to form the post in writing.

All Caps would be easier to read than short-hand laziness...in that case.

Globalpeace

Banned
Professional Conduct?

As a professional who regularly looks at people’s CV, recommends for interviews & evaluates people’s technical writing…this is a nightmare

You can’t write properly even if you want to when you choose to write improperly all the time.

Believe me a lot of CV’s get chucked in the bin because of the way they are written…A lot of candidates don’t get a look in because of their cover letters or the way they word their e-mails…

A lot of people think (for some bizarre reason) that it’s not important to write properly; trust me it is still a critical skill if you want to have a decent job and a decent career.

P.S: Its amazing as to how many people don’t spell check their writings & e-mail either!

UmmOf3

Salaam aleikum

True, I agree. I was sitting in on some hiring-processes sometimes, and I am amaezed on how some people write their CVs, emails and aplications.

(English is my 3rd language, so I have a hard time with the slang and sms-language in English. In my language, atleast I can understand it hehe. The worst is, when people actually write job-aplications in DIALECT! Thats sooo low here, its like, people will never be taken seriously if they do that.)

Globalpeace

Banned
Asslamo Allaikum,

2nd langauge Sis...But its amazing how people whose native tongue it is can't read, write or speak

I am not talking about slang; I am talking about holding a Normal conversation or just writing up a technical document.