Car back window/arabic Clgrphy)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mrmuslim

Smile you are @ TTI
Staff member
Salaam,

Brother Mr. Muslim think of this a physical reminder is a sign of an inner grace. I do not believe I am writing this but brother, hijab is a physcial reminder of an inner grace...it is the same thing...the physical reminder stops you in the middle of this world and you reflect..your eyes are soothed.
Do not people wear minature Qurans around thier necks..physical reminder.

salaam alikom sistter,

Allah knows best, but as for people wearing minature Quran around thier necks is not allowed for what ever purpose they wear it.

some wear it to portect them from Hasaad (bad eye) its not Allowed,

some wear it as love for Allah , its not Allowed,

some wear it for any other purpose its not Allowed I dont have the fatwah from schoalrs with me but that what I learned ( its called tami'em wa Tawizaat)

They do it in India and Pakistan a lot where the boy or little kids wear something square which they called it Tawiz which not allowed one of the Imams once stopped one of people who were wearing it in Pakistan and asked him whats this the person replied its Tawiz(a portection from shaytan or bad eyes) so he asked him can we open it and guess what they found ...

Strange writtings inside it... something companion, tabeen and scholars didnt do and the scholars are warning us from it I am sure there is a valid reason behinde it.

As for
I agree. I think even having like bumper stickers on our cars (i.e. I love Allah) are good reminders and a way to spread the message.

In my opinion I am against it there might more disrespect involved in this that spread msg people comes and lean on cars while they are parked they might put up thier feet on your bumper without knowing there is Allah's name. ...but Allah knows best

from brother Muslimin post (there are different opinion but note the part where he says RESPECT

Responding to the question, Sheikh Ahmad Kutty, a senior lecturer and Islamic scholar at the Islamic Institute of Toronto, Ontario, Canada, states the following:

There is nothing wrong with hanging posters with Qur’anic calligraphy on the walls of our homes provided that we treat them with respect. Although we must never lose sight of the fact that the Qur’an was never revealed for the purpose of decoration but for living by it, the scholars over the centuries have approved such practices, for the simple fact that they act as spiritual reminders for us, engrossed as we are in the many mundane cares and indulgences of material life. It is in this spirit that the Muslim Ummah has tolerated and even encouraged such practices.

So there is no need to condemn them as innovations, for they serve a good purpose; after all, they are much better than other profane decorations that people often hang on their walls.

We are always on safer ground if we do not judge such matters too harshly, either permissively or rigidly. They are fine so long as we do not go to extremes and provided that we do not end up disrespecting Allah’s word.
wa Allah knows best..

salaam alikom

Globalpeace

Banned
Shaykh Uthaymeen (RA) & Shaykh BIn Baaz (RA) on the Permissability!

salaam alikom

Brother and sisters the scholars opinion is clear people might put bumber sticker where it says I love Allah and you park your car and some one might come and lean back on ur car with his feet on ur bumber on the name of Allah.

I agree some time it helps people remebering Allah s.w.t but I dont think it has anything to do with faith dose it increase it ? .. some time people all kind of frams @ thier house and in the same room there is a TV and music so what kind of respect they giving to the verses of Quran?

As for 99 names of Allah i see it a lot in mosques and homes, but they should be in our heart and we should memorize them as Hadith says Allah: Abu Huraira reported that the Messenger of Allah said, "Allah has ninety-nine names, one hundred less one. Whoever ahsaha will enter Paradise. (Recorded by al-Bukhari and Muslim) instead of hanging them on the wall, it will become as any design we have on a wall.

Again some people might not have a tv and they put these frams etc. so its better to ask another scholars if you are not convinced.. but there is a point in what the scholar said about hanging the frams but Allah knows.
best

** I have a frame with a verse in my room ** my point is that scholar have a point in what he is saying

Wa jazaakom Allah khair,

Brother GP May Allah love you too since you love your brother for his Sake.
and I love you for sake of Allah too.

wa salaam alikom

wa salaam alikom

Asslamo Allaikum Dear Respected Brother & Respected Sister in Islam,

All I was trying to point out humbly and requestfully that there are scholars in Saudia (itself) who have these decorations on the wall and I have clearly pointed examples for all to verify & check.

Now keeping the Islamic Manners & good feelings about Muslims (commoners & Scholars) intact…

Does your mind and conscious accept the fact that there MAY BE OTHER Scholars who don’t consider this to be Haram?

Perhaps there are Scholars who PERMIT this?

Perhaps this ISN’T the only opinion out there?

Perhaps this ISN’T a unanimous decision?

That’s all That’s that.

No hard feelings or nastiness intended at all & I seek your forgiveness from everyone; NOW since no one seems to be accepting the fact that IT CAN BE PERMISSBALE to hang these things, I produce you the opinions of Shaykh Uthaymeen (RA) & Shaykh Bin Baaz (RA)!

Q) Is it proper to hang Quranic verses from the wall to 1. protect one from evil things 2. beautify the room with divine words 3. with the intention that it will gain me rewards?

Answer : Praise be to Allaah. The ruling on placing the Mus-haf (copy of the Qur�aan) in cars to ward off the evil eye and for protection from danger is a bid�ah. The Sahaabah (may Allaah be pleased with them) never carried the Mus-haf to ward off danger or the evil eye. If it is bid�ah, then we should remember that the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) said: �Every bid�ah is a going-astray and every going-astray will lead to Hell.� (Telephone conversation with Shaykh Muhammad ibn Saalih al-�Uthaymeen) (al-Bida� wa�l-Muhdathaat wa maa laa aslun lahu, p. 259). Shaykh �Abd al-�Azeez ibn Baaz (may Allaah have mercy on him) was also asked the following question: �Some people hang up aayaat of the Qur�aan and ahaadeeth of the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) in the rooms of their homes or in restaurants or offices. In some hospitals and doctors� offices they hang the aayah (interpretation of the meaning): �And when I am ill, it is He Who cures me� [al-Shu�ara� 26:80], and so on. Is this considered to be the use of amulets which is forbidden in sharee�ah, knowing that the intention behind it is to seek blessings and ward off the shayaateen, or to remind the forgetful and warn the negligent? Is it like using amulets to put the Mus-haf in one's car in order to seek blessings?� His Eminence replied as follows: �If the intention is as described, to remind people and teach them something beneficial, then there is no harm in that. But if they believe that it is a protection against the shayaateen or jinn, then I know of no basis for this. By the same token, there is no basis for putting the Mus-haf in one's car to protect it, and doing so is not allowed, but if a person puts it in his car so that he can read it sometimes or so that some of his passengers can read it, then this is good and there is nothing wrong with it.
And Allaah is the Source of strength.

Source: http://www.islamonline.com/news/newsfull.php?newid=524

Mrmuslim

Smile you are @ TTI
Staff member
salaam alikom

Jazaak Allah khair brother GP different of opinion between scholars is a mercy for Ummah :)

DOC_BRO

Asalam o Alaikum
Sister 'ukht1' 1st of all this is not to u so pls sister dnt take it personally.
Personaly i dont agree with most of the fatwa because all it depends on the person using the ayats or the wall hangs, if his niyaah is simple to remind abt islam and there is not niyaah of bidah or shirk it shouldnt be objectionable.I personaly think this is too much of extra ruling (again i might be wrong and its my view) and there is no authentic hadith which proves this to be haram and in that case if u see lot of islamic website also have the ayats or hadith scrolling or floating on the web page so some day they might give fatwa that its haram too??? there are lot of islamic books which have some verses written on them so some day that might be accounted too...then lot of islamic sofware... pda sofware etc will be taken into that haram or biddah context. what abt that???
Well i do agree that it shouldnt be craved in gold that will be kind of excess.
They say that it shouldnt be hanging ie one way written on the doors or wall or other means...well there is nothing wrong if u hang it to safe guard ur house for some reason, infact its a verse from the Holy Quran, so if we see in that way one cant read it also if i may say so.
In our place which is worst riot area we always read some dua and have some duas of safeguard,earthquake etc on our house entrance specially "Ayatul Qursi". And its Allah's kalam what matters if we read it write it hear it see it or hang them as reminders and we sometimes see them to read before going out.Infact if we hang it we can see it read it and remember it that's a good thing.
Yes sister zarah as for the car rear glass i think that because the rear window might crak,break or u might sell the car n u forget to remove it n specially if its in arabic it wont be good if that is discarded inappropiately so its better to have a 'rearview mirror' hangout.
One more of my experience that i had a terrible accident my new car 10 days old was totalled the front hood, engine,firewall all was crushed nothing beyond the front windshield infact no one can tell that the car is so severly damaged if look beyond that point but alhumdolilah nothing happend to us not even a scratch Allah saved us Alhumdolilah.And it was the dua which our prophet taught us "Dua-e-safar" which we always read and on my windshiled i always have 'dua e safar' hanging,so what i mean here is one can say oh i think i was saved because the dua n ayatul kursi hanging on my windshield but what abt the dua i also read ??? and ofcourse Allah gave us all those prayers,verses for some reason so we read,write,hear or see (which means as making his dikhr) in any form and remember him always.My daughter always reminds me that papa did u read the Dua she is 3 half and she knws the dua but sometimes she will se that n read it even though she doesnt understand Arabic. So yes it is a reminder for us.
sister again i am not targeting u dont worry i am talking abt the fatwa i will try and ask them these question InshaAllah plus the points GP brother made.
JazakAllah

salaam alikom sistter,

In my opinion I am against it there might more disrespect involved in this that spread msg people comes and lean on cars while they are parked they might put up thier feet on your bumper without knowing there is Allah's name. ...but Allah knows best

salaam alikom

Asalaamalikum,

You can say that about many other things. Some ignorant people burn the Quran :astag: some commit hate crimes by damaging the persons car for having something to do with Islam. That is reality brother. What I am trying to get at is that every one is responsible for their OWN actions. If my intentions (like brother GP points out) are for good reasons to have a bumper sticker that says "I love Allah" then why should I be responsible for someone else's action (i.e. put their feet on my bumper, etc)? Even if they didn't know it- Allah is Most Forgiving, Most Merciful. As you know in Islam, everyone is responsible for their own actions not someone else's.

Aapa

Mirajmom
Salaam,

If I may be forgiven what is happening here is this. The expressions of faith are very individual. Have you ever seen the differences in the way people perform salat? That is a wonder initself. We have guidelines. We have prefrences and sometimes we just go with the flow.
Only Allah knows the intention of the hearts. The way I look at this is quite simple. To each his own. I keep two prayer beads strung on my rear view mirrow.

zarah

Islam
Staff member
:salam2:

I would like to personally thank all of my brothers and sisters one by one for all your helpful response.

Okay bro and sis,I called up islam channel yesterday when they had Islamic Q & A on live,and asked the Shaikh about the Islamic engraving or printing on car window.

Well he said its not right,he said they should be in your heart not displayed in car windows.(Lol that shut me up,I assume the same goes for car hangings...)

:wasalam: :SMILY149:

Globalpeace

Banned

I would like to personally thank all of my brothers and sisters one by one for all your helpful response.

Okay bro and sis,I called up islam channel yesterday when they had Islamic Q & A on live,and asked the Shaikh about the Islamic engraving or printing on car window.

Well he said its not right,he said they should be in your heart not displayed in car windows.(Lol that shut me up,I assume the same goes for car hangings...)

:wasalam: :SMILY149:

Asslamo Allaikum Sister,

Personal preference aside & Shaykh has used reverse logic with you & not a proof in Shariah, according to Shaykh Ibn Taymiyyah (RA) declaring something HARAM requires a definitive proof from Qur'aan & Sunnah...With the utmost respect to Islam Channel & the Scholar what you are describing is NOT proof and I think you are intelligent enough to know that.

My bone of contention with Sister Ukhti & Mr_Muslim is implying this to be Bid’aa & Haram & that it is unanimous and binding to ALL!

If you or anyone else doesn’t want to hang it then its your preference & you are entitled to your opinion of such nature; we don’t have any in our house either but I don't go around telling people WHO HANG it to be committing Bidaa & Haram because it is ABSURD!

Shaykh Uthaymeen (RA) & Shaykh Bin Baaz (RA)'s fatwa is already quoted.
Fatwa of another Shaykh is already quoted.

Another point...

As far as the permissibility of it is concerned, then go to the Dawah Center (Aj-Jalliyat) in Rabwa, Riyadh and it is run by scholars trained by Shaykh Bin Baaz (RA) and by his charity & they have regular classes in Aqeedah, Arabic, Fiqh, Hadeeth etc.

They help poor people, help people get married and all sorts….People Revert there & Dawah is done in multiple languages!

1) Enter through the gate on the left (big sign on it)
2) Walk up two steps
3) Turn right and enter the Charity Shop
4) You will be facing the shop and it extends rectangularly (width-wise) in front of you with three shelves.
5) Check the 2nd Aisle and you will find engravings of all kinds with verses, Kalima, Stickers etc.
6) You can ask the cashier who is usually a scholar or a student to even check the back-stock!

If you or Ukhti have problems believing me then you can ask Sister Rabia (who lives in Riyadh) to go to the shop (in Rabwa) with her camera and PM you pictures!

Again you personal choice with what you do or don't want to do with your car & house etc.

dna1987

Muslim Guy
6 – Many of these plaques are painted with real gold, which makes using them and hanging them up even more haraam.

When did hanging gold up become haram? I thought men were not allowed to wear gold...
Salam alaikum.

zarah

Islam
Staff member
Asslamo Allaikum Sister,

Personal preference aside & Shaykh has used reverse logic with you & not a proof in Shariah, according to Shaykh Ibn Taymiyyah (RA) declaring something HARAM requires a definitive proof from Qur'aan & Sunnah...With the utmost respect to Islam Channel & the Scholar what you are describing is NOT proof and I think you are intelligent enough to know that.

My bone of contention with Sister Ukhti & Mr_Muslim is implying this to be Bid’aa & Haram & that it is unanimous and binding to ALL!

If you or anyone else doesn’t want to hang it then its your preference & you are entitled to your opinion of such nature; we don’t have any in our house either but I don't go around telling people WHO HANG it to be committing Bidaa & Haram because it is ABSURD!

Shaykh Uthaymeen (RA) & Shaykh Bin Baaz (RA)'s fatwa is already quoted.
Fatwa of another Shaykh is already quoted.

Another point...

As far as the permissibility of it is concerned, then go to the Dawah Center (Aj-Jalliyat) in Rabwa, Riyadh and it is run by scholars trained by Shaykh Bin Baaz (RA) and by his charity & they have regular classes in Aqeedah, Arabic, Fiqh, Hadeeth etc.

They help poor people, help people get married and all sorts….People Revert there & Dawah is done in multiple languages!

1) Enter through the gate on the left (big sign on it)
2) Walk up two steps
3) Turn right and enter the Charity Shop
4) You will be facing the shop and it extends rectangularly (width-wise) in front of you with three shelves.
5) Check the 2nd Aisle and you will find engravings of all kinds with verses, Kalima, Stickers etc.
6) You can ask the cashier who is usually a scholar or a student to even check the back-stock!

If you or Ukhti have problems believing me then you can ask Sister Rabia (who lives in Riyadh) to go to the shop (in Rabwa) with her camera and PM you pictures!

Again you personal choice with what you do or don't want to do with your car & house etc.

"If you or Ukhti have problems believing me then you can ask Sister Rabia (who lives in Riyadh) to go to the shop (in Rabwa) with her camera and PM you pictures!"

lol ok i will.:SMILY149:

:wasalam:

Aapa

Mirajmom
Salaam,,

It is time to wrap this up. There is a lot of room. The expression of faith is personal. It really boils down to common sense. I have little green plastic "Allah" that I place on my rear view mirror and feel safer. Do not ask me why.

Status
Not open for further replies.