career choice

Tabassum07

Smile for Allah
salaam brothers and sisters,

I'm facing a difficult decision - I have either the option of working in Retail, or in a Learning Center for Preschool children. And I just can't decide what to do. So islamically, is working as a salesperson in Retail is more feasible for a female, or teaching and playing with small children? (I can see the answer staring me in the face, lol.) Right now I don't have a family of my own, so its not a question of taking time out to dedicate time to family.

I have a Business degree, so logically the retail position is the answer, but I also don't want only work to be my life. I also want time to sometimes go to the mosque and hang out, shop etc. But the Teaching job is also a full time 9 hour job. What to do??

dunno

working 9 hours a day doesn't mean your life will be only dedicated to your work :)
if working in retail might make u sell haram stuff or fall in any other sins then yeah working with kids is better
but if the retail has no haram aspects u have a business degree so u should benefit from it
but also if u plan to start a family working with kids = experience :D
i would over all advise u to work with the kids :) it sounds much better
الله يوفقك

Tabassum07

Smile for Allah
The retail is like the office stationery kind of business. So no haram. But still, I feel kind of silly trying to make people buy stuff. And it will doing the same thing over and over repeatedly, just doing customer service, and the pay is low.

The teaching would be different from my degree, but I suppose for a muslim female, teaching is better than corporate jobs? Though that would mean I would have to abandon my business path and go into teaching as a career in the long term as well.

iAmAnonymous

wa alaikum salaam,

but should a woman really need to work? Allah blessed the women with the duties of being a wonderful wife and mother. of course she can work but if there are financial needs and she wear proper clothes (loose, simple). and face veil too in these times of immorality.

but nowadays, its sad to see muslim women joining the workforce as if its sunnah or wajib. muslims have never been this way. and the results are in front of our eyes. affairs, molestation, etc.

btw, working in teaching sector is much better for a woman. also, it'll be great to teach Islam to children as childhood is the best age to learn Islam.

AZAM_SIDDIQUI

GO FOR THE TEACHING JOB HANDS DOWN .i hv worked in retail and it is nothing short of humiliating.remember i am a guy.lol
and i hv an MBA but i loathe going to work in corporates.......pls pray for me as well brothers and sisters.
hasbunallahuwanemalwakeel.

ansari

STRANGER...
salaam brothers and sisters,

I'm facing a difficult decision - I have either the option of working in Retail, or in a Learning Center for Preschool children. And I just can't decide what to do. So islamically, is working as a salesperson in Retail is more feasible for a female, or teaching and playing with small children? (I can see the answer staring me in the face, lol.) Right now I don't have a family of my own, so its not a question of taking time out to dedicate time to family.

I have a Business degree, so logically the retail position is the answer, but I also don't want only work to be my life. I also want time to sometimes go to the mosque and hang out, shop etc. But the Teaching job is also a full time 9 hour job. What to do??

:salam2:..now its my turn :D.. my turn :SMILY288:

sister, I hope you doing well in best of health and iman,inshallah..

First i would like to ask you yaa ukthi, why you want to work ? :confused:..
you educated that good :mashallah:...many sisters now days look for a job after getting degree. Thats not the only purpose of Education..
if you are single.. your dad must take care of you :)...

so its better for sisters not to work:D ..learn more about Deen, spend time with family and good friends

this is Ansari and thats my advice :lol:(maybe you will not like it :shymuslima1:[imagine a boy] )

jazakallah khair :)

Abu Hannah

Slave of Allah
As suggested by another poster, first go with the Isthikara. After this, Allah (swt) will guide you to the halal and more suitable option.

Tabassum07

Smile for Allah
I got a call from the school people, and they said they gave the job to someone else. So I've started my retail job. Allah's planning something for me, so I'll just follow His plan :)

Aisya al-Humaira

الحمدلله على كل حال
Assalamualaykum wa rahmatullah,

Best wishes to you dear sister. Yeah maybe Allaah has better plan for you eventhough I would fully support if you decided to go with the teaching. :)

Wassalam.