Caution

Kakorot

:salam2: Subhan'Allaah..on the day of resurrection Allaah will judge because He SWT is just, may Allaah protect all the Muslimeen, ameen. I just saw the pictures but I didn't read the info, please can you tell me how this happened to them.

soeurette

Its because of the chemicals that are used to bomb the areas. These chemicals disrupt important biological pathways necessary for proper formation causing these deformaties, some may be purely genetic but from the looks of it it seems more chemically related. Seeing pain like that is the reason I chose to go into medicine, to inshAllah help those who need it. May Allah protect our brothers and sisters who must endure this.

a_muslimah86

Hubbi Li Rabbi
Staff member
Allahu Akbar!!!...

Hasbona Allah wa Ne'ema Al Wakeel

Pardon me brother...I could not finish looking at all the pictures...I just couldn't...they are so horrid...I ask Allah to forgive me..I could be somehow contributing to this..by being silent..by not getting someone to do something about the suffering..even by not remembering these people all the time!

what wrong did these infants commit?...what have these "civilized" people left for the "barbarics" of Al-Jahiliyah..and those of other civilzations???

Ya Allah forgive us...wallahi I couldn't stop my tears...the pictures I dared to look at are engraved in my head...

Where is the Ummah from this???...where are *the men* from this???..and I say *the men*..because jihad is ordained upon *them*!...

la hawla wala qowta illa billah!

:wasalam:

Al-Kashmiri

Staff member
As-salaamu `alaykum.

Some of the `Ullemaa, such as Shaykh Saalih Al-Fawzaan, have said that Muslims should refrain from showing the images of tortured, injured Muslims. The following I received in an email...

Question:
Some presentations are established to show the wounds of the Muslims in Palestine and other places, and they contain pictures of the wounded and those killed, and sometimes they are presented by means of video, and the reason for that is to encourage the Muslims to give charitable donations to their brothers. So is this act permissible?

Answer:
This act is not appropriate. It is not permissible to establish pictures for the injured. However, the Muslims should be called to give charity to their brothers, and they should be informed that their brothers are in bad circumstances, and that bad things are happening to them from the doings of the Jews, without them being shown pictures and pictures of the wounded people. This is because this contains the matter of utilizing picture making, and it also contains undertaking a burden that Allaah, the Most High, did not command. It also contains weakening the strength of the Muslims, because when you present before the people pictures of Muslims that have been mutilated, or with their body parts cut off, then this is what frightens the Muslims and makes the Muslims afraid of the deeds of the enemies. And what is obligatory is that the Muslims do not show weakness, and that they do not show the calamities, and they do not show these matters. Rather, they should conceal those matters so that they do not weaken the strength of the Muslims.

From the lecture: “At-Tawheed, the Key to Happiness in This Life and the Hereafter”, by Ash-Shaikh Saalih Al-Fawzaan,

as conveyed in the book: “Al-Ijaabaaat ul-Muhimmah feel-Mashaakil il-Mulimmah”

a_muslimah86

Hubbi Li Rabbi
Staff member
As-salaamu `alaykum.

Some of the `Ullemaa, such as Shaykh Saalih Al-Fawzaan, have said that Muslims should refrain from showing the images of tortured, injured Muslims. The following I received in an email...

Interesting brother...I have never come across a fatwa regarding this

The shaikh says in the fatwa that we should "conceal" these matters...does he mean "picture wise only"???

Can we still talk about them so fellow muslims can know the degree of suffering their brethren are going through???...without of course creating movies or pictures...for example give statistics...or speak of specific situations (i.e. lack of food..water..electricity..etc.)???

Baraka Allaho Feek

pcozzy

:salam2:

thank you brother, I never knew this fatwa. If I am not mistaken I think I heard it in the khutba titled:

One of Best Speeches, Shaykh Abdul Aziz Aal Shaykh Haj 2008 in Arafah

In the learn about islam video section and the home page.

I am glad you posted this because I was just going to put this up on Digg.com

I found in this article after the soo sad pictures is another link to this article which I find is disturbing about the politics going on in the USA. And how the FBI has not linked this Osama guy with 911. http://www.teamliberty.net/id267.html

may Allah protect us from this evil and not take away from us this dean.

Al-Kashmiri

Staff member
As-salaamu `alaykum

Jazaak Allaahu khayran. I still yet need to listen to that khutbah...

Sister, firstly the Shaykh, may Allaah preserve him is known for his staunch stance towards imaging and photography, and in one fatwa of his, he even ruled out the use of video footage and gave his reasons... However, it would be best to try and contact the Shaykh to understand why he has declared the use of images for this purpose to be haraam, and it seems to me that he's coming from more than one angle, and not just the hukm of photography in of itself...

We know that these images can weaken the state of societies, it is probably this very reason why for example, in British broadcasting it is not permitted to display a image of a dead Brit, due to its effect on the morale and spirit of the people.

Also, they can easily arouse emotions. We have seen how the shi`a are moved by their emotions and call people to what happened in Karbala, and elsewhere. Using their emotions, they hope people sympathise with them. Likewise, the khawaarij of old and new tend to have this approach, so from the time of `Alee, how they complained about their slaughter at the hands of the companions in Nahrawaan, using that as a means of gaining followers. I don't see how showing the images of wounded Muslims is different.

Either way, I agree with the Shaykh on this and hate how people are so quick to spread these images, yet are lax with respect to other affairs of Islaam, including means of helping our tormented brothers and sisters.

Wa feeki baarak.

Aapa

Mirajmom
As-Salaam walaikum,

Let us devote our eyesight on promoting that which would be a solution. Yes, the images are horrific. Yet, when we believe, we in essence have knowledge. It is written. We have to act. We have to raise our levels of consciousness. We need to in a sense clear our lamps..to receive the Light of Allah subhana talla. We need to focus on educating ourselves on how to raise funds to donate to the research facility. We need to remember zakat. It is that simple.

revert-sister

Proud to be a MUSLIM
not being funny,
i wish you hadnt posted this
or put a warning on it.
it is very upsetting and caused me the greastest upset.
im sorry but i am still in tears.

salaam
~yvette~

slaveofAllah88

Slave of Allah (swt)
aslam o alikum
I seriously couldn't even get thru them I didn't want to luk but sadly its the truth -- the scary truth :(

nyerekareem

abdur-rahman

my feelings are mixed regarding the images. someone posted a fatwa issued by an esteemed shaykh, and i could understand how he came with that ruling, but at the same time, there are so many muslims that are asleep when it comes to the suffering of muslims worldwide; so much so that the images actually become necessary, because just hearing about it has not taken these muslims out of their slumber. most of us here at TTI are fully aware of the atrocities that have been carried out against the brothers and sisters in Afghanistan in particular, but again so many are unaware. so it seems that as graphic as those images may seem to be, it seems that someone needs to provide them.

the jews would've never gotten sympathy or support had they just spoke about what happened in Nazi Germany. it was the images caused the outrage and gained the sympathy of many nations. and caused other jews that were not present in Germany to rally for a new homeland.

xSharingan01x

TraVeLer

my feelings are mixed regarding the images. someone posted a fatwa issued by an esteemed shaykh, and i could understand how he came with that ruling, but at the same time, there are so many muslims that are asleep when it comes to the suffering of muslims worldwide; so much so that the images actually become necessary, because just hearing about it has not taken these muslims out of their slumber. most of us here at TTI are fully aware of the atrocities that have been carried out against the brothers and sisters in Afghanistan in particular, but again so many are unaware. so it seems that as graphic as those images may seem to be, it seems that someone needs to provide them.

the jews would've never gotten sympathy or support had they just spoke about what happened in Nazi Germany. it was the images caused the outrage and gained the sympathy of many nations. and caused other jews that were not present in Germany to rally for a new homeland.

I couldn't have said it better.
Thanks for posting the opinion of the Sheikh, I can understand his reasoning, however one can make a strong case for the exact opposite position. Speaking about a particular matter is not the same as witnessing or having a detailed account of that matter. Although the hearts of the Muslims may be weakened in the respective communities where these unfortunate crimes take place, but if one presents the information with the aid of visual content, I think that would 'incite the believers' [to give charity, organize, raise awareness, fight, etc...] rather than weaken them. Allahu Alam,

It is well known as brother Kashmiri said, the degree of influence images/videos can play on our emotions. In my humble opinion, I think forbidding images will in fact keep Muslim ignorant of the atrocities committed by criminal forces [This is war crime under International Law, then again intentional law is a joke when the strong are in question].
To conceal it would benefit those who are responsible for committing the atrocities, rather than the Muslims.

The reason why images of dead Brits and Americans are not allowed on television is not they think it's morally or ethically wrong, but would weaken government propaganda. So in a sense you're right brother Kashmiri, but I don't think government necessarily visual display of dead bodies because of 'well being of society'.

This is evident by how media used to conduct images of Vietnam war, people eventually turned against the war as they saw images of dead American bodies and Vietnamese civilians on 10:00' clock news in their living room.
I'm not sure when the restriction occurred in UK, but after Vietnam FCC decided to restrict what television and newsprint can display for the purpose of "decency" and related terms.

SwordofAllah16

Heros of Islam

Akhi i dont't know what to say, the moment i saw those innocent Slaves of Allah i stopped talking, and i feel weak my brother i feel so weak that i am not able to do anything to STOP this, except make du'a for them, and even then i feel even more bad because how can i expect for our Lord to accept my du'az when i've been soo sinful the question "what do i do?" is proper screaming out in my head
Thank you brother :inshallah: this will be a motivation do even more islamic work and gain even more knowledge and try even harder to change myself so that i can atleast try to make a difference

Mabsoot

Amir
Staff member
Assalamu Alaykum,

If people really think about it, it is of little benefit to see those images. It just makes people angry, sad and upset. Makes them feel hopeless. Because nobody is telling them or helping them into understanding the situation and how to go forward and work to fix the Ummah

The only way Muslims going to do something good, is by getting ADVICE. TRUE ADVICE.. from the Quran and Sunnah.