characteristics of God

so does God...the whole universe or creation is a image of Him

Pig is a image of God?

upssss

by the way pig is a very popular for the other people.

i am not against any animals but pig as an image of God.May be i understand it in wrong way.

I think God will not eat becasue its not godly, when people eat then must go to toilate(upsss God and toilate?).God will also not want it because this kind of intention is not godly.

sharaz

Fear Allah
Salaam,

We should all remember that Allah puts us on trail and we shouldn't put Allah on trail about his capabilities

Wasalaam

Oem Soufiane

By that poit of view the Creation is Above the Creator, and the Creator can't interact with His Creation or take full control, is it ?

If I'm a simple Human, and I can eat, sleep, or whatever, and God can't...then that makes me God...which is a BIG SIN or BLASPHEMY...either to you muslims or to Christians

Man is a kind a creator in a small scale, doesn't the man have full control of his creations ? and when you as a man create things, you put your love our your likings in it....so does God...the whole universe or creation is a image of Him

No, God/Allah (from now on i'll say allah and you willknow i mean the same god as you do inshallah) can sleep or eat if he wills but he doesn't need to, i'll search the english translation of ayat al kursi for you, don't know how to translate w8 a minute inshallah

Oem Soufiane

255. Allâh! Lâ ilâha illa Huwa (none has the right to be worshipped but He), the Ever Living, the One Who sustains and protects all that exists. Neither slumber, nor sleep overtake Him. To Him belongs whatever is in the heavens and whatever is on earth. Who is he that can intercede with Him except with His Permission? He knows what happens to them (His creatures) in this world, and what will happen to them in the Hereafter . And they will never compass anything of His Knowledge except that which He wills. His Kursî extends over the heavens and the earth, and He feels no fatigue in guarding and preserving them. And He is the Most High, the Most Great. [This Verse 2:255 is called Ayat-ul-Kursî.]

Delta

Banned
No, God/Allah (from now on i'll say allah and you willknow i mean the same god as you do inshallah) can sleep if he wills but he doesn't need to, i'll search the english translation of ayat al kursi for you, don't know how to translate w8 a minute inshallah

There is some progress in there, He can sleep if He wants to...or eat...or make a sin...whatever a man does He can. otherwise the creation would be above the creator and God shouldn't be Omnipotent because of all that limitations

Another issue, and I think that you muslims do agree, is that God is Perfect, so if He is perfect

He should be 100% merciful, 100% just, 100% Omnipotent without paradoxes, 100% total control over His creations, ALL AT ONCE....and I mean ALL AT ONCE

Well, that is my perception of God, because it is written in the Bible

Allah is 100% merciful and If parents are mercifull to his son parents don´t let him to be die for his sin.parents forgive the sin of his son because he is 100% mercifull

Oem Soufiane

Did you read ayat al kursi? What is your intention actually Delta? are you searching for answers or searching for something to compare the bible to? Just curious, i just had a debate with a few christian woman on a dutch website, I found that very interesting. I was a christian myself. I converted to islam about 6 years ago, so I know about both religions, for questions, i'm open:hijabi:

Proud2BeHumble

Seek Truth, Be Happy
:salam2:

I think point was clear. Are you trying to gain some knowledge by asking some question whose answer you cant understand or just want to argue and play with words?

if we say god can do everything does it means that he will also unjustice?

Already said that God wont do any Un-Godly things.

HE will eat? He will sleep? There is a common mistakes made by all of us that we think god can do everything. Eat and Sleep is a kind easy man to do. Being God so powerful can't He do such a simple tasks ? doesn't make sense, does it ? I can sleep and eat, so I'm God because I can do things that the Creator can't do. I'm more powerful

Again, same answer. If he sleeps it means he is weak and need rest. A day will come in your life (remember this point in your life) that you will not be able to sleep as per your wish. You will try but you may not get sleep. You eyes will faint, body will shiver ...then you will ask yourself the same question? Will you be able to cotrol all of your system body in your old age? All the sleep , digestion, food, excreation, breathing all has been given to you by God. Can you create a single living cell from non-living object? Did you create yourself or God created you?

In Islam God like good things for everyone (like he wish that each one should follow straight path and acheive salvation based on his good deeds) but God does not love everyone. He is also angry on those who astray from straight path.

But I ask again :

"Can God create a stone to heavy for Him to Lift ?"

This is a hard question,

Now if you keep on asking this question, but what about stone, but what about stone without reading the previous post carefully. Without open mind you wont get the answer. You have to free your mind and read the answers without any preoccupied mind.

Even if someone gives answer to your question with your satisfaction your next question will be:

Can God become mosquito, so that when it comes between my to palms i just clap it and that is the end of it (nauzbillah) or Can God dance? (nauzbillah) or Can God make another God? (nauzbillah) or even can God make me God instead of him? (nauzbillah)

I can write 1000 questions like this and these all questions are absurd. You are putting the God to the test, forgetting that you yourself are put to test by the God. So, be humble and do not let shaitan overtake your brain.

Of course God is perfect that why he will not tell a lie, he will not sleep like human when they are tired, he will not cheat, he will not drink or eat to sustain. This is the meaning of perfection in Islam. Those weakness of human being which God has put in him are not part of himself. He is free of such need and also he will not do the things as per your imagination. He is not your servent but you are his. You are tested in this world and you will be given the result of your exam on the day of judgement. On the day of judgement, i would like to see if you are powerful or God.

May Allah protect us from such evil thoughts and guide us on straight path. Please all muslims read kalima and darud now.

Wasalam

Noor to shine

There is some progress in there, He can sleep if He wants to...or eat...or make a sin...whatever a man does He can. otherwise the creation would be above the creator and God shouldn't be Omnipotent because of all that limitations

Another issue, and I think that you muslims do agree, is that God is Perfect, so if He is perfect

He should be 100% merciful, 100% just, 100% Omnipotent without paradoxes, 100% total control over His creations, ALL AT ONCE....and I mean ALL AT ONCE

I think anyone who knows his creator truely will never dare to think of him in this way :He can sleep if He wants to...or eat...or make a sin...whatever a man does He can.

There are manythings that man knows by his heart that is not suitable for his creator.....Don`t judge the creator by the attributes of the creation .....all that we see is the creation of the creator ; it tells how great is Allah, I think that studying the creed of Islam clears the mist in hearts of people:

http://www.turntoislam.com/forum/showthread.php?t=5985

diamond

OOOOOOOKKKKKKKKK

ok mate, the questions you ask are inevitable to gain a deeper insight into God...but the way i understand the relationship between God&Humans is like this....imagine with your human mind you create a few dozen specimans...now you give these specimans a book stating the best way to live....you love your creation so you want the best for them. the life you give them will only be limited and you have a bigger reward for them and want them to gain this reward....now the brain they have is incomparable to yours....they are limited to understanding, thier intellect is very limited and they will poise questions which can become ignorant when thier are thousands of signs around them proving your existence....are you getting the point mate? they will often ask questions like a young child would but you would not have the answer for them as their brains havent developed enough for them to understand...except us adults will ask questions that we will never understand in this life...maybe in the afterlife if God wills. God can do anything, but it is all due to His will, if He intends to....as a mother you would not purposely make a grave error with your child to prove your power....NO...you would not be showing power but your failure in living up to your Mother title.

God will only do Godly things....and leave it at that....if you still cannot get your head around it then you should relax and open your heart...your body can function without your brain but it cannot function without your heart...think about it!

let me know how you feel, keep me updated on your quest mate

all the best

Delta

Banned
============
I think point was clear. Are you trying to gain some knowledge by asking some question whose answer you cant understand or just want to argue and play with words?
============

If you are asking me, I'm not playing with nothing. I just want to have a better insight of God conception in Islam point of view. I'm not muslim

========
Already said that God wont do any Un-Godly things.
========

I agree, making a sin is a example. But that is not a limitation, is just something that He abominates, or avoid looking into

======
Now if you keep on asking this question, but what about stone...

Even if someone gives answer to your question with your satisfaction your next question will be:

etc...etc..
==========

You right, my mistake, I should have had answered to this questions first in a Christian point of view, and only then you would answer.

1) Paradox of omnipotence

In the beginning God created the heavens and the earth, And then the MAN, by is Word

God is Perfect, He made the LAW, the law that even He can't deny, or abrogate, or change

The LAW was taught to all prophets

But no MAN was able to be perfect, following the LAW of GOD

Romans 3, 10-12

as it is written: "There is no one just, not one,

there is no one who understands, there is no one who seeks God.

All have gone astray; all alike are worthless; there is not one who does good, (there is not) even one.

The LAW was a big STONE to lift, either to Humans, or to GOD HimSelf because it couldn't change, or abrogate it, was above His will and nature

But, because He is omnipotent, and because Nothing his impossible to Him

And Because the Word of God is living. The Word of God is spoken. The Word of God is personal.

The Word of God is Jesus Christ.

He took ALL THE LAW uppon His Shoulders

Was terribly heavy, cross shaped, He fall 1 time....2 times....3 times

at the end He perished with the Heavy of ALL THE LAW

died for 3 days

In the third day He resurrected, HE Won the World, The Law, He made us FREE

(2 Corinthians 3,17)
Now the Lord is that Spirit: and where the Spirit of the Lord [is], there [is] liberty.

God can, on this understanding of omnipotence, make contradictions true.

That the LAW of the LORD also costed Him also a Big Price in order to Save Us

John, 6-56
"For my flesh is meat indeed: and my blood is drink indeed."

Not symbols, but true Flesh and True Blood by transubstantiation

This is the Catholic point of view, of course, but one of the reasons Roman Catholic Church always preached that

2) Can God Create another God ?

He also can

John 1-1
In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God.

The Word of God is living. The Word of God is spoken. The Word of God is personal. The Word of God is Jesus Christ.

And, don't forget that Catholic Church says that THERE IS ONLY ONE GOD.....TRIUNE

There is a lot of verses that says that the FATHER and SON are ONE...and the Conforter comes from the Father and The Son

In the Bible of course

3) Can be a Pig or a Mosquito ?

Well if you think that the CREATION can take care by itself, as a PERPETUAL MOVING WHEEL....then there is no need of God

But if you think that God sustains the universe, then the whole universe must be a image from Him....because whatever is goodness comes from Him, He sustains everything

That is, God is the LIFE ESSENCE, so a single mosquito has His spirit

By Catholic point of view, who sustains everything is the Holy Spirit, so ...

The Father is the Prime mover and planner. The Son is the prime activator. The Holy Spirit is the prime messenger or sustainer

And there is a Image of GOD everywhere even in a single EGG

As a philosopher said :

On God the First Cause of Everything, or :

"Everybody knows that the earth is on the back of a giant turtle," says
the challenger.

"And what does the turtle stand on?" asks the philosopher.

"Another turtle," comes the reply.

"Ah, but what does *that* turtle stand on?" counters the philosopher.

"You're clever, but it's no use, " says the challenger, "It's turtles
all the way down!".

I don't remember the author of this, do you know ?

4) can He be 100% JUST(ICE) and 100% MERCIFUL ?

Yes, He Can

Because imagine a BAD man, that all his life made bad things to eveyone, that cause a lot of evil to many people

But when he reached his hour, He Said : "God forgive me - I was a foul"

God forgives Him, because He is 100% merciful

But because He is also 100% just, that man must pay all the sins after dead

In purgatory

===========

Well this is just a resume of God's Power and How nothing is Impossible to Him, Nothing at All

Everything I said is Catholic point of view

Because I'm in a Islam Forum, I already know what should be your answers

But I have no problems with paradoxes, or anything else

God Bless You All

Noor to shine

Peace friend : This creation belongs to one single (absolutly one) creator who have no partner or equal.....make your heart sincere to him:by La elah ella Allah Muhammad is his messanger: Satan is doing his best to deviate hearts of people from the true one creator of all to worship his creation (prophet, angel, stone........etc.)

3:64 Say: "O People of the Book! come to common terms as between us and you: That we worship none but Allah; that we associate no partners with him; that we erect not, from among ourselves, Lords and patrons other than Allah." If then they turn back, say ye: "Bear witness that we (at least) are Muslims (bowing to Allah's Will).
Quran

4:171 O People of the Book! Commit no excesses in your religion: Nor say of Allah aught but the truth. Christ Jesus the son of Mary was (no more than) an apostle of Allah, and His Word, which He bestowed on Mary, and a spirit proceeding from Him: so believe in Allah and His apostles. Say not "Trinity" : desist: it will be better for you: for Allah is one Allah. Glory be to Him: (far exalted is He) above having a son. To Him belong all things in the heavens and on earth. And enough is Allah as a Disposer of affairs.
Quran

Proud2BeHumble

Seek Truth, Be Happy
Dear Delta,

Thankyou for explaining your religion.

We have already explained you our views. If you are not satisfied with the answers presented, please pray to God to show you and all of us his light and guidance.

45:17 And We granted them Clear Signs in affairs (of religion): it was only after knowledge had been granted to them that they fell into schisms, through insolent envy among themselves. Verily thy Lord will judge between them on the Day of Judgment as to those matters in which they set up differences

4:171 O People of the Book! Commit no excesses in your religion: Nor say of Allah aught but the truth. Christ Jesus the son of Mary was (no more than) an apostle of Allah, and His Word, which He bestowed on Mary, and a spirit proceeding from Him: so believe in Allah and His apostles. Say not "Trinity" : desist: it will be better for you: for Allah is one Allah. Glory be to Him: (far exalted is He) above having a son. To Him belong all things in the heavens and on earth. And enough is Allah as a Disposer of affairs

5:77 Say: "O people of the Book! exceed not in your religion the bounds (of what is proper), trespassing beyond the truth, nor follow the vain desires of people who went wrong in times gone by,- who misled many, and strayed (themselves) from the even way.

10:104 Say: "O ye men! If ye are in doubt as to my religion, (behold!) I worship not what ye worship, other than Allah. But I worship Allah - Who will take your souls (at death): I am commanded to be (in the ranks) of the Believers

2:135 They say: "Become Jews or Christians if ye would be guided (To salvation)." Say thou: "Nay! (I would rather) the religion of Abraham the True, and he joined not gods with Allah."

6:70 Leave alone those who take their religion to be mere play and amusement, and are deceived by the life of this world. But proclaim (to them) this (truth): that every soul delivers itself to ruin by its own acts: it will find for itself no protector or intercessor except Allah. if it offered every ransom, (or reparation), none will be accepted: such is (the end of) those who deliver themselves to ruin by their own acts: they will have for drink (only) boiling water, and for punishment, one most grievous: for they persisted in rejecting Allah.

43:22 Nay! they say: "We found our fathers following a certain religion, and we do guide ourselves by their footsteps."

Best Wishes

Delta

Banned
=========
4:171 O People of the Book! Commit no excesses in your religion: Nor say of Allah aught but the truth. Christ Jesus the son of Mary was (no more than) an apostle of Allah, and His Word, which He bestowed on Mary, and a spirit proceeding from Him: so believe in Allah and His apostles. Say not "Trinity" : desist: it will be better for you: for Allah is one Allah. Glory be to Him: (far exalted is He) above having a son. To Him belong all things in the heavens and on earth. And enough is Allah as a Disposer of affairs
==========

Correct me if I'm wrong

As far as I know, the Koran writes about the Trinity to be the Father + Mary and Jesus, right ?

The Christians never had such a understanding of the Trinity, it was always the Father and The Son and The Holy Spirit

Oem Soufiane

No, in islam, and also in the bible there is no such thing as a trinity, just Allah . I have a lot of bible texts where I can show you also that Jesus pbuh told the world the same, I'll look it up for you in English.

Also i have to say, that we muslims will never be convinced by bibletexts, because we know the bible has been corrupted in rewriting rweriting rewritng. But still in this corrupted bible we can find things that completely contradict eachother when it comes to the God-ness of Jesus (godness? do you know what I mean?). I have the texts i mean in Dutch, Ill have to find an english translation to copy them to you, if you even want to.

Delta

Banned
========
No, in islam, and also in the bible there is no such thing as a trinity, just Allah . I have a lot of bible texts where I can show you also that Jesus pbuh told the world the same, I'll look it up for you in English.
========

There is a notion of Trinity, either in the Bible or in the Koran, as I believe.

Because : Christians always believed in that, and because Christianity precedes Islam also the Koran has some advices

People of The book = that book is the Bible, i.e., the christians

"5.116":

And when Allah will say: O Isa son of Marium! did you say to men, Take me and my mother for two gods besides Allah he will say: Glory be to Thee, it did not befit me that I should say what I had no right to (say); if I had said it, Thou wouldst indeed have known it; Thou knowest what is in my mind, and I do not know what is in Thy mind, surely Thou art the great Knower of the unseen things.

"Take me" : Isa
"and my mother" : Mary
"for two gods besides Allah": Allah

3 Gods

Well, 3 Gods never was and never will be. Trinity is just ONE GOD in 3 natures,
and NEVER WAS Jesus + Mary + Father, it was always the Father + SON + Holy Spirit since the beginning

There is not a single manuscript dated from earlier centuries that says that Trinity was Jesus and Mary and Father, or if it was 3 GODs

=======
Also i have to say, that we muslims will never be convinced by bibletexts, because we know the bible has been corrupted in rewriting rweriting rewritng.
=======

Yes I know that, that is just a explanation of this :

The fact that the Koran and the Bible doesn't match, never did

So you must say that the Bible is totally corrupt

Delta

Banned
========
========

There is a notion of Trinity, either in the Bible or in the Koran, as I believe.

Because : Christians always believed in that, and because Christianity precedes Islam also the Koran has some advices

"5.116":

And when Allah will say: O Isa son of Marium! did you say to men, Take me and my mother for two gods besides Allah he will say: Glory be to Thee, it did not befit me that I should say what I had no right to (say); if I had said it, Thou wouldst indeed have known it; Thou knowest what is in my mind, and I do not know what is in Thy mind, surely Thou art the great Knower of the unseen things.

3 Gods

and NEVER WAS Jesus + Mary + Father, it was always the Father + SON + Holy Spirit since the beginning

There is not a single manuscript dated from earlier centuries that says that Trinity was Jesus and Mary and Father, or if it was 3 GODs

=======
Also i have to say, that we muslims will never be convinced by bibletexts, because we know the bible has been corrupted in rewriting rweriting rewritng.
=======

Yes I know that, that is just a explanation for this dilemma :

The fact that the Koran and the Bible don't match/agree, never did

So you must say that the Bible is totally corrupt

Delta

Banned
========
========

"5.116":

3 Gods

=======
=======

So you must say that the Bible is totally corrupt. But it isn't

justoneofmillion

========
========

"5.116":

3 Gods

=======
=======

So you must say that the Bible is totally corrupt. But it isn't
hey there ,hope you are doing allright you are in form and pretty much motivated as i see go ahead pour all that is in your heart and mind don`t be shy i will ask you some questions then inschallah you are welcome.

.[yt]q2zNJcPiIDg[/yt]
[yt]9dvupiOb6D4[/yt]

http://www.turntoislam.com/forum/showthread.php?t=2555&highlight=wrote+bible

best regards:)

Noor to shine

I think it is a grave mistake to think of more than one God who is the creator, sustainer of all whethere you think that God is the father, the son and the holyspirit or anything else :astag:( i ask forgiveness from Allah) . God is one absolutly one ....this way of thinking ( more than one God or a God made of three) was introduced by Satan in the mind of people to promote polytheist....so instead of turning to the one true creator of all ...people are scattered among false gods...(creatures) ....Islam is the true call of Jesus peace be upon him ....to worship the one true creator (who has no partner)with sincerity ....

please ponder in these verses with a heart:

46:4 Say: “Have you [really] given thought to what it is that you invoke instead of God? Show me what these [beings or forces] have created anywhere on earth! Or had they, perchance, a share in [creating] the heavens? [If so,] bring me any divine writ pre*!ceding this one, or any [other] vestige of knowledge - if what you claim is true!”
46:5 And who could be more astray than one who invokes, instead of God, such as will not respond to him either now or on the Day of Resurrection, and are not even conscious of being invoked?
46:6 such as, when all mankind is gathered [for judgment], will be enemies unto those [who worshipped them], and will utterly reject their worship?

Quran