Children punched and kicked in Muslim faith school

h4mza

Palestine Forever
CHILDREN as young as six are filmed being hit by teachers at a Muslim faith school in a TV documentary.

Undercover footage shows pupils being taught to hate non-Muslims and resist the “mind control” of the West.

At the Markazi Jamia Mosque, in Keighley, West Yorks, one teacher is filmed lashing out 10 times in three hours. Former Keighley MP Ann Cryer said she was “absolutely horrified”.

In the film, one teacher at the Darul Uloom Islamic High School in Birmingham describes non-believers as “the worst creatures” of all.

The Department for Education said it is “very concerned” about the claims.

Read more: http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/top-st...mentary-claims-115875-22919147/#ixzz1E2mfKfRC

You can watch the documentary here
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v9h5JeonaIQ

This happened in my hometown, i know this Mosque, and the Imams live closer to me.

aisha16

Strange...on another note is it permissible in Islam for a mualiin or teacher to hit a child due to trouble-making, tardiness, etc.. Can someone please enlighten me?

dna1987

Muslim Guy
So, does anyone remember that thread (titled "Evil Mom") where I said a cold shower is a lot better than getting physical beat downs??

Yeah.

Assalam alaikum.

Ibn Uthaymin

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-bradford-west-yorkshire-12452115

The guy who beat the kids was arrested. Alhumdulillah

Most of these ignoramuses are imported from abroad (Pak/B`desh/India), so they follow aspects of cultural Islam and shove it down your throat as the correct teachings of Al Islam. Whereas in Islam text is everything.

And you cant hit children like that because its oppression. And oppression is darkness on the day of judgment.

Jabir Ibn `Abdullah, may Allah be pleased with him, quoted the Prophet, peace and blessings be upon him, as saying: “Be on your guard against committing oppression, for oppression is a darkness on the Day of Resurrection...” ( Reported by Muslim)

Hisham Ibn Al-Hakim Ibn Hazim happened to pass by some people, the farmers of Syria, who had been made to stand in the sun. He asked: What is the matter with them? They said: They have been detained for (not paying) the Jizyah (tax on non-Muslims in an Islamic state). Thereupon, Hisham said: I testify that I heard Allah's Messenger, peace and blessings be upon him, saying: “Allah would torment those who torment people in the world.” (Reported by Muslim)

The Prophet, sallallaahu alayhi wa sallam, was known for being very kind and affectionate towards children. He used to carry them, kiss them, and even weep when they died. He used to instruct his companions, may Allaah be pleased with them, to be kind to them, choose good names for them when they are born, and bring them up well. The children also used to love the Prophet (sallallaahu alayhi wa sallam) to the extent that Zayd Ibn Haarithah preferred living with him than living with his parents.

May Allah rectify our affairs ameen.

MalikBrother

Before i immigrated in Canada, i have lived my childhood in Pakistan where hitting is heavily encouraged for discipline. Therefore, we became discipline, and motivated us to better.
Some say hitting might be harsh or not, but that depends on whether small clap on face is fine or little torture, and howver, barbaric shouldn't be acceptable. In this case, i am not sure what kind of agression was elevated to this point.

Tabassum07

Smile for Allah
:salam2:

I guess we can't make a judgment in this case, because we haven't witnessed how extreme the beatings were. But it's not like it's a huge sin to hit a child - if you never discipline them properly, how will they learn? I have recollections of when my parents disciplined me and my brothers - sometimes by scolding, and then if we still didn't obey, lightly hitting us - and in schools, slapping the really rowdy kids never hurt anyone. There is even a hadith that says if a child does not pray by age 12, then beat them so they pray. Look at the children in the western society - teachers are not allowed to discipline by hitting anymore, and really, is it for the better? No - these children are growing up rude and undisciplined, and they talk back, and there's no way to stop them, because only words all the time can't do anything.

I'm not saying that what was going on in this school is correct, because I don't know the facts, but I'm saying that never ever hitting a child is not a good thing either.

EDIT: I have not seen the videos. My comment is made in general.

sister herb

Official TTI Chef
I didn´t watch video as I am teacher and teached also kids. I know I would just feel bad see something like.

:shymuslima1:

We don´t hit students here. We teach them by kindness.

Aapa

Mirajmom
Assalaam walaikum,

I watched the first of the three videos. I totally agree the punishment was unnecessary and absurd.

However, in terms of the other situations presented in the expose I can not comment. There were clips here and there. The producer was not interested in explaining Islam as much as an attack on complex social conditions of Muslims living in the UK. There was a lot of short clips. There was little continuity.

It saddens me when they use young Muslim girls to attack a Muslim community i.e. the reporters. Young Muslim girls are caught in the middle.

Tabassum07

Smile for Allah
I should also clarify before someone takes my comment out of context that I did not view the videos, but my point was beating in general.

Shak78

After watching the video's which was hard to do, there was no reason for the teacher to strike those children. They were not disruptive in any way that deserved that type of treatment. May Allah(set) protect those children from that type of undeserved treatment.

ShyHijabi

It's simple, are there any hadiths about Rasool striking a child? No? Then there must be more effective ways to TEACH. Seriously, you think hitting a child will make them learn more effectively? Uh, no, quite the opposite.

I was never struck in school and I was an honor roll student who was never in trouble. Obviously there are more effective ways of disciplining children than beating them like animals.

sister herb

Official TTI Chef
:salam2:

Bad teacher hit his student.

With kids I have teached them telling stories. If they didn´t understand my meaning I was thinking reason was I didn´t explain my meaning enough good.

All my students were also immigrants from other cultures than me.

dna1987

Muslim Guy
It's simple, are there any hadiths about Rasool striking a child? No? Then there must be more effective ways to TEACH. Seriously, you think hitting a child will make them learn more effectively? Uh, no, quite the opposite.

I was never struck in school and I was an honor roll student who was never in trouble. Obviously there are more effective ways of disciplining children than beating them like animals.

Here is a fatwa from Islam-QA.

I work as a teacher and in the interests of the students I hit them but I do not leave any mark on their bodies, so that they will do better in class. Does this have any effect on my fast? Is there any sin on me because of this hitting? Please note that if I do not hit them they do much worse in class.

Praise be to Allaah. Shaykh ‘Abd al-‘Azeez ibn Baaz (may Allaah have mercy on him) was asked:
What is the ruling on hitting female students in order to teach them and urge them to do their homework that is required of them, and to make them get used to not being negligent?

He replied:

There is nothing wrong with that. Teachers and parents all have to pay attention to the children and discipline them if they deserve to be disciplined for falling short in their duties, so that they will get used to having the proper attitude and will behave properly as they should. Hence it was proven that the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) said: “Tell your children to pray when they are seven years old and smack them if they do not do it when they are ten, and separate them in their beds.” Males may be smacked and females too, if either of them reaches the age of ten and falls short with regard to prayer, and they should be disciplined until they pray regularly. The same applies to other duties such as study and household chores, etc. Those who are in charge of youngsters, male and female, should pay attention to teaching them and disciplining them, but any hitting should be light and not harmful, but it should achieve the intended purpose.​
Majmoo’ Fataawa al-Shaykh ibn Baaz, 6/403

We should also point out that it is not permissible for a teacher to be harsh in hitting, or to give more than ten blows, unless the student has transgressed a law of Allaah. But with regard to his studies and making him pay attention, he should not do more than that.

It was narrated from Abu Burdah al-Ansaari that he heard the Messenger of Allaah (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) say: “No one should be given more than ten lashes of the whip except in the case of one of the hadd punishments prescribed by Allaah.”
Narrated by al-Bukhaari, 6456; Muslim, 3222.

According to a report narrated by al-Bukhaari (6457):
“There is no punishment greater than ten blows except in the case of one of the hadd punishments prescribed by Allaah.”
Ibn al-Qayyim (may Allaah have mercy on him) said:
The words of the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him), “There is no punishment greater than ten blows except in the case of one of the hadd punishments prescribed by Allaah” refer to crimes that have to do with the rights of Allaah.
If it is said: What about the ten or less blows in the light of the hadeeth mentioned above?
The answer is that if a man hits his wife, slave, child or employee in order to discipline him or her, etc., then it is not permissible for him to give more than ten blows. This is the best explanation of the hadeeth. End quote.
I’laam al-Muwaqqi’een, 2/23

Hitting is not the only way to encourage a student to study. The teacher should combine both encouragement and deterrence according to what he thinks will achieve the desired goal. He should praise a good student and encourage him by offering gifts and prizes, and giving him high grades for participation and keenness. And he should deter bad students by smacking them sometimes and by depriving them of good grades sometimes, or by rebuking them or contacting their parents or guardians, and so on.​
The teacher’s aim should always be the student’s best interests, not simply to punish.

And Allaah knows best.

So why is everyone getting so worked up? The teachers are allowed to hit the students but not more than 10 blows, and as long as they are over seven.

Ibn Uthaymin

Brother DNA, watch the documentary bro. It wasnt beating, it was all-out UFC in the masjid.

Seriously man, the beatings were abnormal.

ShyHijabi

Brother DNA, watch the documentary bro. It wasnt beating, it was all-out UFC in the masjid.

Seriously man, the beatings were abnormal.

Thank you.

And with all due respect the fatwa had to do with children refusing to pray after a certain age. There is nothing that could justify what I witnessed in this documentary. If I saw someone doing that to my kid he (teacher) would be buried by day's end.

Aapa

Mirajmom
Assalaam walaikum,

Sister,

I am in agreement with you 100%. And those teachers choose to leave the homeland and teach in the UK. I am surprised the school is not shut down.

As to what they are taught about non-Muslims...here I go again...we have to concern ourselves as Muslims to be the vicegerents, the slaves, of Allah and we have to love the world with reverence.