Combining salaat due to rain

DanyalSAC

Asalaamu alaikum -

A couple months ago Sh Jamal Zarabozo gave a khutbah at my masjid. It was raining so he said we would combine & pray asr immediately after salaatul jumuah. When I mentioned this on my Facebook page at the time I came under attack by brothers saying there is no daleel for this.

Last night when I arrived at the masjid for my Qur'an reading instruction, the same thing happened. We prayed Maghrib (my class is from maghrib to isha) and right after someone grabbed the microphone and said they would pray isha immediately after due to the rain.

The hafiz instructor - who is not a shaykh - was pretty upset about this, and he echoed the sentiment of the brothers on my Facebook, saying there is no backing.

Can anyone help me out here?

jazakAllah khair
D

queenislam

★★★I LOVE ALLAH★★★
Combining solat is not wise and not possible

Asalaamu alaikum -

A couple months ago Sh Jamal Zarabozo gave a khutbah at my masjid. It was raining so he said we would combine & pray asr immediately after salaatul jumuah. When I mentioned this on my Facebook page at the time I came under attack by brothers saying there is no daleel for this.

Last night when I arrived at the masjid for my Qur'an reading instruction, the same thing happened. We prayed Maghrib (my class is from maghrib to isha) and right after someone grabbed the microphone and said they would pray isha immediately after due to the rain.

The hafiz instructor - who is not a shaykh - was pretty upset about this, and he echoed the sentiment of the brothers on my Facebook, saying there is no backing.

Can anyone help me out here?

jazakAllah khair
D

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
:bismillah:
:salam2:

:salah:There a starting time
and finishing time for all solat.

So when the timing of the solat is not at the exact and actual time suppose
to be perform,
the respective solat is NOT consider as time yet.

And thus shouldn't be perform .At any excuse!

For example performing Maghrib prayer that end at 8.o4pm and Is'yak time at 8.05pm.
The only possiblity one can when, are praying at 8.04pm the last time of Maghrib then BEGIN Isyak prayer next,
right after finishing your solat Maghrib.

Combining solat is not wise and not possible
as the setting of the solat is followed
by certain time which was set by Allah swt.

Some people just take it for granted but this kind of shortcut never been taught by our prophet Muhammad s.a.w
There is no shortcut in solat time !

Pray at the exact time
and if you miss it for good reason one has to make up the miss solat.
simple!
Not putting 2 solat in one time as one like it before time end and the other solat time begin.
This is wrong!
Our Rasul never did this.

There is a friend asked The Prophet Muhammad s.a.w how to pray,The holy prophet replied solat as you see me praying.
The prophet Muhammad s.a.w taught and like as was personally invited and taught by Allah swt

Will one combine Asar solat and Maghrib solat together
then break fasting waiting the sun to set for Maghrib time?
Definately praying at the respective time!

~May Allah swt help and guide you~Amin!

Take Care!
~Wassalam :)

abubaseer

tanzil.info
Staff member
:salam2: Brother,

I believe a student of Shaykh Al Albanee Rahimahullah has written as small book just only on this topic quoting the reference of hadeeths on combining Salah in times of abnormal weather conditions.

When I was in Jordan, everyday the maghrib and isha Salawat were combined in all the Masjids we visited. It is very common there to combine the Salawat in times of abnormal weather conditions.

I don't have the hadith references right now.

:wasalam:

abubaseer

tanzil.info
Staff member
:salam2:

From islam-qa.com --> http://islam-qa.com/en/ref/31172/prayer rain

Is it permissible to join Zuhr and ‘Asr prayers, or Maghrib and ‘Isha’, when it is raining?.

Praise be to Allaah.
There is a concession allowing Maghrib and ‘Isha’ prayers to be joined at the time of Maghrib, with one adhaan and iqaamah for each of them, when there is rain that soaks people’s clothes, when going back to the mosque for ‘Isha’ will cause hardship. This is according to the more correct of the two scholarly opinions.

Similarly it is permissible to join them when it is very muddy, according to the correct scholarly view, so as to avoid hardship and difficulty. Allaah says (interpretation of the meaning):

“and has not laid upon you in religion any hardship”

[al-Hajj 22:78]

“Allaah burdens not a person beyond his scope”

[al-Baqarah 2:286]

Abaan ibn ‘Uthmaan (may Allaah be pleased with him) joined Maghrib and ‘Isha’ on rainy nights, when there was a group of senior scholars from among the Taabi’een, and it is not known that any of them objected, so that meant there was consensus.

That was mentioned by Ibn Qudaamah in al-Mughni. It is also allowed for a person who is very sick to join Zuhr and ‘Asr at the time of either of them, depending on what is easier for him, and he can join Maghrib and ‘Isha’ likewise, so as to avoid hardship.

Fataawa al-Lajnah al-Daa’imah li’l-Buhoot al-‘Ilmiyyah wa’l-Ifta’, 8/135.

If it is asked: can we join prayers because of rain in the mosque or at home? The answer is:

What is prescribed is for the people who pray in the mosque to join their prayers if there is a reason that justifies joining them, such as rain, so as to attain the reward of praying in congregation whilst also being kind to the people. This is what it says in the saheeh ahaadeeth.

With regard to joining the prayers at home for the reason mentioned, that is not permissible because it is not narrated in sharee’ah and there is no excuse that would permit joining the prayers.

Fataawa al-Lajnah al-Daa’imah li’l-Buhooth al-‘Ilmiyyah wa’l-Ifta’, 8/134.

Islam Q&A