Come Back

Sheefa

Aslamu Aalikum to all of u.
I have been posted a reply to too many brothers & sisters but not introduce myself yet. I am Sheefa from India. I have been "Turn To Islam" (converted to Islam) from Hindu, 2 years back & proude to be mislim. but still my family have no idea about my conversion. I am living away from my home for post graduation & while studing I revert to islam.
I need some suggestion from you in the regard of "HOW TO CONVINCE MY FAMILY SO THAT THEY CAN AGREE ON MY THIS DISICION????"
Please i m in great trouble bcz my MBA is completed & it may possible that my family will think about my marriage in comming 4-5 months.
Please pray for me & for my all new muslim brothrs & sisters that may Allah SWT makes our way of islam easy.:tti_sister:
Allah Hafiz.

Sophie1

Salaam sis,
well i would just like to say have truly made the right decision and insha'allah i hope Allah(swt) makes it easy for u...Ameen.
As ur family doesnt know i can understand that your feeling in a tight spot. I would say that as u will have to drop the news to them later on anyway...its best if u do it sooner...therefore they will delay there thoughts about your marriage...(i mean u dont wana be going home seeing a proposal sat there and greeting u)
i would say u first talk to the person who u are most close to in your family...make them understand...and then let the others know. Explain to your family what Islam means to you, how it makes you feel...

sister remember no matter what happens Allah(swt) is with you and i really do pray that this goes down easy for you! ameen

all the best!
wa'salaam

Saidsaad

selam,
I'm a revert so I know what you are going through. For me I did not tell my mum and dad staight away. I told them little bits at a time, such as I was studying Islamic history on the internet and I had visited my local mosque. It may be not be the same or right way for you but inshalah they will respect you.

Munawar

Striving for Paradise
Assalam-o-alikum Sister Sheefa,
A very hearty welcome to you in coming to Islam and to TTI.

Sister I can understand your situation. It is very hard to give you advise because there are so many variables.

1. Is your family very religious? If yes and also if fundamentalist then the situation will be different than if they are not very religious.
2. How many family members you have? How many brothers and how many sisters, uncles etc? More brothers and uncles etc mean it will be harder.
3. Are they polite or violent in nature? Meaning will they react by stop talking to you or will they lock you up in a room and do physical violance against you? In US and Europe the parents and brothers etc cannot be physically violent without being arrested. But in India the situation is different.
4. Do they have friendship with any Muslim families or not?
5. In your opinion if you get married to a Muslim man will your family be then more accepting you as a Muslim then if you are not married ?

The answer to these questions will determine what course of action will be the best.

But no matter what is the situation you are now a Muslimah... MashaAllah. There is no turning back on that. And if you run into difficulty then Allah (SWT) will increase your rewards accordingly.

I don't know much about Dr. Zakir Naik's IRF. I just know that they are involved in dawah activity. So try contacting IRF by phone or by email and see if they can help you in any way.

ISLAMIC RESEARCH FOUNDATION
56/58 Tandel Street (North), Dongri, Mumbai - 400 009 (India)
Tel : (0091-22) 23736875 (8 lines) Fax : (0091-22) 23730689
e-mail: [email protected] website : http://www.irf.net

I pray to Allah (SWT) and hope that everything work out just fine for you.
Wassalam.