Concerns about upcoming Ramadan

Southrn_Muslimah

bnqɯnɥ 'ɥɐq
:salam2:

Since June I have changed my eating habits to healthier choices and I have been working out on average 2 hours a day. Alhamdullilah I have lost 30 pounds. I am concerned about Ramadan and how this will effect my nourishment from my food choices. I mostly eat veggies, fruits, oatmeal, cup of brown rice and 4 ounces or 6 of meat or fish.I guess it will be difficult working out because my rec center closes at 10 and I usually do not leave the masjid until that time. Any suggestions from people who have encountered this? I am just worried. InshaAllah I am afraid that my eating habits will go off the charts.

:wasalam:
Sarah

alkathiri

As-Shafaa'i(Brother)

Since June I have changed my eating habits to healthier choices and I have been working out on average 2 hours a day. Alhamdullilah I have lost 30 pounds. I am concerned about Ramadan and how this will effect my nourishment from my food choices. I mostly eat veggies, fruits, oatmeal, cup of brown rice and 4 ounces or 6 of meat or fish.I guess it will be difficult working out because my rec center closes at 10 and I usually do not leave the masjid until that time. Any suggestions from people who have encountered this? I am just worried. InshaAllah I am afraid that my eating habits will go off the charts.

Sarah

Well hows that possible when you have lost 30 pounds.

jabba

Salafi Dawah is the best

Sarah

Last Ramadan I lost quite a bit of Muscle, so I have a simular concern. But the food you are eating is definately a good choice. It looks like you might just have to move your work out routine from the gym to the house, do some running outside at night, if you have a buddy that might be better from a safety stand point, and buy some dumbells. There is a lot you can do outside of the gym.

Southrn_Muslimah

bnqɯnɥ 'ɥɐq

Well hows that possible when you have lost 30 pounds.

I guess it is possible that my eating habits will change because most people I have encountered after fasting eat tons of breads or sweets to boost their energy. It will just be hard because I will probably have to bring my own food lol and I do not want to seem rude by sharing the food that is distributed between the sisters. Some people become really sensitive if I do no eat their food.

Southrn_Muslimah

bnqɯnɥ 'ɥɐq

Last Ramadan I lost quite a bit of Muscle, so I have a simular concern. But the food you are eating is definately a good choice. It looks like you might just have to move your work out routine from the gym to the house, do some running outside at night, if you have a buddy that might be better from a safety stand point, and buy some dumbells. There is a lot you can do outside of the gym.

Yes those are good ideas. This will be my second Ramadan, but my first one I could only fast only a few days due to medical reason. Thank you for the advice.

Veiled_Knight

i worried about ramadan too but not for eating purposes but the fact that i will be in school. I love to fast when iam at home with my family but in school not so much. Every year i avoid talking to my friends alot in ramadan because of my killer breath...lol
any ideas on that?

Al-Gharib

No Victor But Allah!
i worried about ramadan too but not for eating purposes but the fact that i will be in school. I love to fast when iam at home with my family but in school not so much. Every year i avoid talking to my friends alot in ramadan because of my killer breath...lol
any ideas on that?

The bad breath from the mouth of a fasting person is sweeter to Allah than the fragrance of musk.

People tend to forget that they can brush and dont even bother brushing for the whole month... eugh... where's that MSN vomit face when you need it...

anyway... you should use miswaak (the toothbrush used 1400+ years ago when the rest of the world had nasty teeth) it's permissible to use it whilst fasting...