CONFUSED!!!!

happy 2 b muslim

assalamu alaykum

hope you are all doing well,what i have to say is that am 16-17 in 3 month and am in sixform and its my first year Thing is that i really am confused i dont know what i want to do when i grown older for my career i really am confused reason being is i only know of a few careers really. I Had a interview with a connection advisor which is a person who help you find out what your skills are and what you can maybe do for a career. She really put me off my aim i wanted to become a teacher But she said because the job is so popular it harder to get to that stage where i live it hard to get into uni to be a teacher it like a wannabe doctor trying to get into uni it HARRD am not going to lair but i am lazy and soooooooooooo layed back my backs brokin no really i also want the easy way thats just me. I feellike just givin up i can be bored really it like at the end of the day am going to make money so do what ever the a other part off me says no do your dream however that lasts for 5min.So to cut this short i want to know what you like about your job and what you think is a good job and i can look into it and that because i really feel like walking out the grates of education the only thing that stopping me is my thoughts and my mum if i told her this OH MY WOUld i be died. :girl3:

Aapa

Mirajmom
Salaam,

You are so very young. Relax. I have been in the teaching/counseling field for almost 20 years. I love it. As long as there are children in the world you will need teachers.
Teaching on a university level is very different. There are more politics involved. You have to be popular within the department and it is a dog eat dog world. Once you are in; it is a lot of fun.
I would not give up what I do; sure there is no money in it. But there is a lot of fun. You stay young, you remain in school, you have good hours, and you really do help youngsters. I like the hours and the summertime to have fun.
You really can not ask for more.

buraq

asalam-o-alikum,

ok why dont you just do an extra year at o;or A levels it gives you another year to make your mind up' and teaching dose not pay that good, lol,

you didnt say what other intrest you have, what about working for a news papper,

you could take creative writeing, there's no rush, take anything just togive you more time you have till 21 age to take up free course ,

Allah hafiz

happy 2 b muslim

that you sister for you advise i have toke a year out to think am still in school i work in a school primary is may aim i love kid i work with year 1's and there so cute i bond with then where in the same level lol i have it tommorrow AHHH up at 9.00 am not jokin when i say lazy i have a fight with me self just to get up lol. But thing with me i like helping women i was thing of being a writer but i doubt my self alot i holds be back most of the time i was going to plan to gotomedina then comeback after 5 year lean the deen and that. I want to be a bussiness women BUT i aint good at math drop that idea then i thought be a chef or own a little cake shop loooooooool am good at cookin that why i was thinking of doing it. i Like art am good at that But can i make a career out of it i really dont know????????:shymuslima1: :tti_sister:

HappyMuslimah

Exams:Duas please!
I'm in the upper sixth form and I'd advise you to just go and see whats out there. Work experience is useful, in any field. Try two weeks in a school, another two in a law firm, another two in a doctors office... whatever you're interested in. Its the only way you'l be able to get past the stereotypes! Look at the job first hand- and always ask yourself wether you can REALLY do it for the next forty, fifty years....

Libinette

Umm Zubayr
Welcome in the club sista!!
Yeah, the 2 most stressful years of your life so far, i'm telling you, and you havnt seen anything yet.. on a brighter note, inshallah, just make up a choice, i don't know what you're studying but hopefully it's something you enjoy... last year i took biology, i regretted it, it's a good subject, but not for me, i didn't revise or did any work, waiste of time really, But on the other end, i'm on my second year of studying law, last year i wanted to graduate in law, it's year not any more, i'm also in my 2nd year studying literature..and pff it's ok << you see its a horrible mix but i've got an idea of what i want to be now at least.. inshallah give yourself time to learn yourself..

ps: you can't be worse than me in maths, thats NOT possible.

al-fajr

...ism..schism
Staff member
:salam2:

:cool:

At the end of the day youre going to be doing that job day in day out, make sure its worth it, dont go to university just for the sake of getting a degree - make it worth your while - in the end its...minimally 3 years of your life - what a waste if you dont like it - never wanted to do it.

I used to be confused :p - just ck my posts from before....:rolleyes: silly really.

I Had a interview with a connection advisor which is a person who help you find out what your skills are and what you can maybe do for a career. She really put me off my aim i wanted to become a teacher But she said because the job is so popular
:p....stupid careers advisor interviews....pathetic, dont listen to them.

I wish i hadnt listened to anyone like that, please dont, they could seriously mislead you....:)

happy 2 b muslim

Wa Alaykum Asaalamu Warahmatullahi Wabarakatuhu
Lol!!!! Sister Libin You May Be Bad At Math But You Have No Idea How My Brothers Use Of Vocabulary/Spelling Is Like...Let Me Give You Some Examples:
He Puts The 5 Sticks Of Islam Instead Of 5 Pillars Of Islam....For Prophet He Puts Profit,For Jinn He Puts John LOL!!!!!The Way He Talks When He Gets Angry Is Very Funny As Well.Lol Sorry For Changing The Subject.
Wa Alaykum Asaalamu Warahmatullahi Wabarakatuhu

Loooooool am not laugh at your bro but that funnnnnnnny sorry i dont mean to laugh but it funny :astag: