Conquering!

seekingtruth2

Asalaamu alaikom waramatullah brothers and sisters.....
we all read and get benefit from revert/convert stories here and i wanted to get a different type of story from those willing to share....
I am a muslim and have been practicing a while and daily we are faced with opportunities for sin, some big some small......
can everyone share a story of a time they were faced with committing sin and conquered! And when you conquered how did you personally overcome?
thanks in advance for sharing......
your sister,
fatima

kayleigh

I did drugs and drank before reverting, though not a lot. I quit about a month before reverting, but anytime I go out with friends there's a temptation of drugs or drinking, which isn't surprising since I live in a college town. Growing up here, it's something I've become accustomed to and something I've become very comfortable with. What I mean is, seeing someone smoking pot isn't going to shock me or anything like that. But basically, any time I feel tempted I usually just remember what it would be like on the Day of Judgment and that always me enough to not even think of about thinking about doing anything.

jabba

Salafi Dawah is the best
Asalaamu alaikom waramatullah brothers and sisters.....
we all read and get benefit from revert/convert stories here and i wanted to get a different type of story from those willing to share....
I am a muslim and have been practicing a while and daily we are faced with opportunities for sin, some big some small......
can everyone share a story of a time they were faced with committing sin and conquered! And when you conquered how did you personally overcome?
thanks in advance for sharing......
your sister,
fatima

Salam Alaikum

In the begining it was really difficult to give up alcohol, I never drank while being Muslim, but when I was thinking about becoming Muslim, it was definately hard. Drinking was apart of going out to dinner, going to clubs....it was as tuff as it is to give up as......i dunno say chicken. But then when I did finally become Muslim I knew my sins were washed away, I didn't want to bring them back so I haven't had alchol in a very long time