Contradictory beliefs to Islam?

Ashima33

I am currently a unitarian universalist and the reason I have been a part of this faith for awhile is that it isn't condemning of other religions. Each individual is allowed their interpretation. There are many similar things with islam and my own person beliefs that I have had ever since I was young and made me feel disconnected from Christianity. But there are certain beliefs I posess I'm not for sure would be "allowed" or in accordance with islam. First, I'm worried that converting to islam would be condemning other religions. I have always had a hard time with claiming what is right or wrong for others. Also, I have very open views on homosexuality and feel that it is something that should be left up to the judgement of God. I'm not saying this to start a debate, but just saying that this is how I believe and would it be contradictory to be muslim and have these beliefs?

jaffarabduraheem

Not afraid of you.
Asalaamu alaykum (peace be upon you) sister,

Before I reverted to Islam nearly 2 years ago I asked many of the same questions you pose here. What we should understand is that Islam doesn't condemn other religions explicitly. It is mentioned in the Qur'an (3:64) that when interacting with people from outside our religion we should avoid condemning them, and in fact attempt to accentuate our similarities since most other religions are based on early forms of Islam anyway. As for the pagans we should at least reserve judgment to Allah, try to explain Islam to them, but ultimately if they don't want to listen, as stated in the Qur'an, just leave them to their way (109:6).

As for your views on homosexuality, I believe the same rules apply. It should be understood that our views on any topic are strictly for ourselves. As Muslims, we believe that homosexual acts are sinful, but we are in no position to force our way on anyone who feels differently. If Allah gave mankind freewill it is only for Allah to take it away.

Thinking about these topics in this manner helped me with embracing this wonderful deen and experiencing the peace implicit in Islam. Hopefully I have given you something to think about.

Of course Allah is the best knower. All the good things are from Him and all the mistakes are my own.

elmorro

Dear Ashima,
First of all I was so glad to read your post. All I can tell you is that you are starting the right way. The more questions you have the more you will understand Islam correctly. In this forum you will find brothers and sisters who will help you along the way and answer your questions. But please never stop gathering knowledge about Islam. In the end you will find what you are looking for inshallah.
May Allah guide us to right path ameen !!

Mumin01

As Salamo Alekum

when someone accepts islam you're more or less not insulting other religions. It is a well known fact that the Prophet PBUH was told by Allah, The Sustainer of the worlds, not to curse the idols of the pagans for the mere fact that they in return would curse Allah.

so when someone converts to islam they more or less realize that this is the true religion, its a personal and emotional choice

Almeftah

السلام عليكم

Unlike any other religion or belief i've known about, Islam keeps the rights of each individual from being invaded by others.. ( I'm sure many will disagree with that..)

If think about.. This so called "Personal freedom" is being misused even by some muslims with little knowldge about islam and little faith.

Freedom does not mean to act as you like regardless of what it may cause to yourself or others, Islam straightens up the behavior of each muslim in a way that whatever a muslim does it cannot effect or invade the rights of others even on the long run..

For example, One of the teachings of Islam is that a muslim must never Drink alcoholic drinks even though some scientists discovered how useful wine (for example) can be usefull for the health. On the other hand, We've all seen what drinking can do to people.
In Quran Allah Said: (2:219) They ask you (O Muhammad SAW) concerning alcoholic drink and gambling.[] Say: "In them is a great sin, and (some) benefit, for men, but the sin of them is greater than their benefit." And they ask you what they ought to spend. Say: "That which is beyond your needs." Thus Allâh makes clear to you His Laws in order that you may give thought."

We as muslims refrain from doing any thing that may consists of any harm to us or others even if it has some benefits and most of us are comitted to these teachings despite what some of us may do wrong.

Islam isn't just a religion, It is a way of life that keeps us straight, truthful, Honorable, Considerate, respectful...etc.
And believe me when i say, Once you embrace Islam even without knowing anything about it, You'll feel totaly overwhelmed, And you'll notice right away how close to God you've become.

I hope this clears your heart and mind, and sorry for any offending words.

Imad

Thanks for your question,

If someone says the earth is beneath my feets and the sky is above and an other person says the opposite, who is right and who is wrong?

It's not logic to say they are both right. So you have to choose.

If you choose the one who says the earth is beneath my feets and the sky is above, this does not mean you have to beat the one who says the opposite. Allah will judge us all.

You can also apply this to religion. What's wrong and what is right?

I believe in islam is the right religion for me, what you want to believe it's up to you.

Islam says clearly about homosexuality its forbidden. So if you accept islam you have to accept everything even this concept. Who knows better what is wrong and what is right for humanbeings? We don't know better than Our Creator.

Let's say homosexuality is allowed and everyone turns to be homosexual, do you think the human race will exist about hunderd years?

And the disseases etc....

Thanks for listen, if you have any Question insha Allah our brothers and sisters will do their best to anwer your question.

Ashima33

Islam says clearly about homosexuality its forbidden. So if you accept islam you have to accept everything even this concept. Who knows better what is wrong and what is right for humanbeings? We don't know better than Our Creator.

Would it be blasphemous or haram to say that ultimately Allah is more powerful than the Koran? And even though the Koran may state that Homosexuality is forbidden, it is still ultimately up to Allah to decide?

Aapa

Mirajmom
Salaam,

Often when we are young we do not wish to hurt feelings and accept that which is not in accordance with our hearts. We hear people say it is personal beliefs and let it be. We often state we do not wish to be judgemental.
As one becomes more certain of the Truth we realize we do not hurt feelings. If a person by their own choice decides to ignore the Truth we leave them be.
When a person is given the Light of the Truth there is nothing else. Hence, in all faiths it is written the path is narrow. There are absolutes.
A Muslim lives by the Holy Quran, the life of the Prophet, and following the acts which are pleasing to Allah subhana talla. In all faiths homosexuality is condemed. The reason is simple. The homosexual has placed his physical desires over the acts that are pleasing to Allah subhana talla. In essence, homosexuality is lust and greed. The ego can not share. Faith is sharing and placing one's needs behind those of the greater good.
Judgement belongs to Allah subhana talla...however to please Allah subhana talla I walk away from homosexuals as I do from other activites and surround myself with pious Muslims trying to engage in good deeds to please My Glorious Creator.
I pray that you continue to write to us here. I pray that we are able to answer some of your questions.

amirah80

*Fear Allah*
Would it be blasphemous or haram to say that ultimately Allah is more powerful than the Koran? And even though the Koran may state that Homosexuality is forbidden, it is still ultimately up to Allah to decide?

Salam Ashima

First, I would like to say I am glad you are looking into Islam to try to seek Knowledge. But to answer you question specifically the Quran is from Allah and we must adhere to his commands. Allah has decided, that is why it is written in the Quran. Plus I have not known a religion to condone homosexuality I have seen people try to incorporate it into the religion but it is clearly haram for all.

Salaam,

Often when we are young we do not wish to hurt feelings and accept that which is not in accordance with our hearts. We hear people say it is personal beliefs and let it be. We often state we do not wish to be judgemental.
As one becomes more certain of the Truth we realize we do not hurt feelings. If a person by their own choice decides to ignore the Truth we leave them be.
When a person is given the Light of the Truth there is nothing else. Hence, in all faiths it is written the path is narrow. There are absolutes.
A Muslim lives by the Holy Quran, the life of the Prophet, and following the acts which are pleasing to Allah subhana talla. In all faiths homosexuality is condemed. The reason is simple. The homosexual has placed his physical desires over the acts that are pleasing to Allah subhana talla. In essence, homosexuality is lust and greed. The ego can not share. Faith is sharing and placing one's needs behind those of the greater good.
Judgement belongs to Allah subhana talla...however to please Allah subhana talla I walk away from homosexuals as I do from other activites and surround myself with pious Muslims trying to engage in good deeds to please My Glorious Creator.
I pray that you continue to write to us here. I pray that we are able to answer some of your questions.

Salam Mirajmom
I totally agree with this. No one is being judgemental and you ask questions because you want to know the truth. We as muslims must give you the truth. This is why in Christainity you have some preachers saying homosexuality is ok and having churches,etc.. because no one told the truth or they do not want the truth it became let them be. We can not just let it be because these are not our on opinions but what is clearly written from Allah. Wonderful explaination Mirajmom. Mashallah.

Imad

Thanks for your Question,

Allah is the One who decided that homosexuality is forbidden.The Quran is the Word of Allah.

I hope you understand what i mean.

Take care

a_muslimah86

Hubbi Li Rabbi
Staff member

Hello there...

As you might have learned by now...Allah (swt) is The Supreme and The Most Powerful in Islam...the Qura'an is only the word of Allah (swt)...so it is from Him..and possesses power in its eloquence and its miracles (of science..language..etc.)..but power in its supreme degree is a possession of Allah (swt) ONLY...as he is The creator and Sustainer of ALL THINGS...so it would NOT be blasphemous or haram to say...that Allah (swt) is more powerful than the Qura'an because that is an essence of Islamic belief...

As for homosexuality...as someone mentioned...it is forbidden in Islam...and those who act upon it (as in seek partners...commit homosexual adultery...advocate it...etc.)...have to face punishment according to Shari'a Law...

Now for the most part...if homosexual tendencies should be present in a Muslim's life...they are to consider this a tribulation..and a test from Allah (swt)...and seek to rid themselves of it...through patience...prayers...and psychological help should it be necessary and available...and if another muslim senses these tendencies in that muslim...they are to keep the measure of *enjoining the good...and forbidding the evil*...as in...being there for them...advicing them..reminding them of the evil of such nature and such thoughts...and provide them support whether it be spiritual..social..financial..emotional..etc.

But you *have* to help them leave this evil by all means...and you cannot support them *on it* in any way!...because like I said earlier...it is a matter CLEARLY forbidden in Islam...

I hope that I helped you out with my humble information...and should you have any other questions...do not hesitate to ask them...because you will only bound *yourself* from learning all that you need by doing so!

and I wish you the best in your journey of learning :hijabi:

Take Care