Convert missing Xmas

aisha-uk

Salam Alaikum Wa Rahmatullah Wa Barakatuhu..

I can't what is wrong in missing ur family at this time of year? I mean most converts have good memories from christmas and it's not the religious part we are missing, it's the family and the atmosphere during this month..
Now i don't know who is a convert here or not, but saying it's a sign of weak Imaan, is out of order...
I don't celebrate christmas, Alhamdulillah, and i don't intend to, but i do miss my family, i feel that anything else would just be wrong

jabba

Salafi Dawah is the best
Salam Alaikum Wa Rahmatullah Wa Barakatuhu..

I can't what is wrong in missing ur family at this time of year? I mean most converts have good memories from christmas and it's not the religious part we are missing, it's the family and the atmosphere during this month..
Now i don't know who is a convert here or not, but saying it's a sign of weak Imaan, is out of order...
I don't celebrate christmas, Alhamdulillah, and i don't intend to, but i do miss my family, i feel that anything else would just be wrong

:salam2: Well said sister, I miss my mom and I know she's alone on her holiday. People here are so quick to attack and judge without being in the other person's shoes. People really need compassion here, I don't think anything here was written to cause trouble or fitnah. If someone has a concern they should be free to express it without worry of backlash from other members:wasalam:

aisha-uk

so true..

I often feel that born muslims can't understand where converts are coming from, i see it in my dh sometimes, things he thinks are straight forward, can actually be differcult for a convert..
I'm not saying this to judge, but just in general..

Mabsoot

Amir
Staff member
:salam2:

The Sahaba often became Muslim and they faced many trials from both family and society.

They are example for us all. So people reverting (converting) to Islam is nothing new.

We are all born Muslim anyway. Its only our parents or society that change us to Christian, Jew or even Muslim just by name and not knowing anything about our Islam.

wasalam

aisha-uk

The Sahaba often became Muslim and they faced many trials from both family and society.

They are example for us all. So people reverting (converting) to Islam is nothing new.

We are all born Muslim anyway. Its only our parents or society that change us to Christian, Jew or even Muslim just by name and not knowing anything about our Islam.

wasalam

Alhamdulillah i know that.. But all to often, it seems like born muslims or people who have been muslims all their lives, don't understand these trials/tests converts face.. ie how to tell ur family, who are practising christians? about christmas, birthdays and so on.. Many converts are really struggling when it comes to the family, some families cut all contact with the convert and so on...

abdulhakeem

convert never shared same feeling's as family for xmas

relly i believe xmas is over rated and i could honestly care less, my family are all kaafirun's , and i can't wait to get away from them when they start that xmas family get together stuff.

may allah sw raise us from these matters and make us of those who follow the siratal mutiqeem, and not of those who where lead astray! amin

aisha-uk

relly i believe xmas is over rated and i could honestly care less, my family are all kaafirun's , and i can't wait to get away from them when they start that xmas family get together stuff.

may allah sw raise us from these matters and make us of those who follow the siratal mutiqeem, and not of those who where lead astray! amin

can i ask u if u and ur family are close?

Sakeena

Me 2 lol

im a convert to islam too elhamdulilah

i feel quite opposite then you though tell you the truth:SMILY149:
the rest of family are kufaar and im getting quite sick of hearing all this christmas music in my house

if i have to hear jingle bells one more time when im doing my salaaat im gonna smash somebodies head:SMILY29:
:SMILY27:

Asalam alaikum,

O agree with you, tired on the Christmas music! But I love the presents masha'Allah only time of year i get presents from everyone! lol I really want a digital camera hehe... lol sis ur fuunny! "Tis' the season to be joly" I hate that! And "Rocking around the Christmas Tree, have a happy holiday," AAAHHHH!!!!! :SMILY209: Turn that off and Turn to Islam!

wasalam,

Sakeena:hearts:

dunno

i was muslim all my life so i dont know alot about this matter
but i dont think its right if ur family is only gatherd once a year and your not showing up just becuse its xmas or leaveing ur parents alone just becuse u dont wanna go see them on xmas i dont know many thing about xmas or none muslim familys i hope i didnt say any thing haram if i did please correct me as i said i dont know much about this matter thanks for the post

Bawar

Struggling2Surrender
What Christmas means to majority of the people who celebrate it?

To be honest, it has lost meaning and i see many people confused about it.

Some say (non muslims) it is pagan ritual, some say it is too expensive while others say it brings all the stress and misery to the surface.

I think revert muslims should not leave their close family alone at such occasions as they will get hurt badly and also form a very negative opinion about Islam, but at the same time should realise that Allah subhanahu wataala has appointed other festivities as a reason for celebrations for muslims. Alhamdulellah, muslims are not confused about the two Eids. Each one of them has a purpose and based on prophetic acts and worship of Allah s.w.t.

once we say we submit to the will of Allah s.w.t, then we should do it whole heartedly and not mix and match.

This is my opinion and hope no body gets offended.

Wassalam

nyerekareem

abdur-rahman
OK, so you will all probably tell me how pathetic I am and wrong.....but remember be gentle.....I miss the warmth and spirit of the Christmas season. Now that my kids are overseas and I just had a very lonely Eid.....truthfully, felt like just another day, even though I did fast on Tuesday......It makes me long for the traditions of my life, like christmas. Not for religious purposes but the memories it conjures and stirs in me from my childhood and the christmas' spent with my eldest daughter. I am heartbroken that I don't have the money to provide for her, my oldest, a good christmas this year. My husband won't allow it now that I am muslim, I should not provide christmas for my daughter. I am lost and sad.......any encouraging words out there?

perhaps, you can create that same love and warmth, during the ramadan season and during eid ul-adha. i think that would help.

:wasalam:

jabba

Salafi Dawah is the best

Obviously your family isn't close with you, weather or not it's because your Muslim and they aren't I don't know. But I have to say it's our duty as Muslims to show others the right path and bring them close to Islam, I don't see how thats possible when your are here calling them kaffirs, my mom isn't Muslim either but the Quran says to deal kindly with people, esp your mothers. INshAllah with time they will see Islam for the wonderful religion it is, I bet you didn't become Muslim overnight?!:wasalam:

A'ISHA888

salamalakium sister!

INSHALLAH YOU WILL GROW THIS SAME FEELING FOR EID WHICH SHOULD BE A WONDERFUL CELEBRATION FOR ALL MUSLIMS WHETHER NEW REVERTS OR IF YOUVE BEEN MUSLIM ALL YOUR LIFE ALL BECAUSE YOU HAVE FASTED THE WHOLE RAMADAN AND ARE CELEBRATING ALL THE GREAT REWARDS YOU WILL GET FROM ALLAH(SWT)NOW I DO THINK THAT THIS IS WITH MOST REVERTS FOR THE FIRST YEAR OR TWO MAYBE BECAUSE THEY ARE NOT INVOLVED IN THE MASJID OR HAVE NO OTHER SISTERS AROUND THEM BUT IF YOU GET INVOLVED YOU WILL FIND THAT THS HOLIDAY IS MUCH MORE SPIRITUAL INRICHING THEN X MAS,BUT PRAY TO ALLAH(SWT) TO TAKE THESE FEELINGS FROM YOU BECAUSE SOMETIMES THESE ARE THE TRICKS OF THE SHYTAN REMEMBER HE DOESNT WANT YOU FOLLING THE TRUE RELIGION HE WOULD LOVE TO SEE YOU BACK ON THE WRONG PATH, SO BE STRONG AND INSHALLAH IT WILL GET EASIER,SHYTAN WANTS YOU TO THINK OF ONLY THE WORLDLY THINGS LIKE THE PRESENT GIVING, NICE DECORATIONS,CAROLING,BUT THE WARMTH OF YOUR FAMILY DOES NOT HAVE TO BE REPLACED YOU CAN SHRE THIS WARMTH ALL YEAR LONG NO MATTER THE HOLIDAY AND ALLAH(SWT) WILL BLESS YOU FOR THESE THINGS SO GO TO YOUR MOM WHEN EVER YOU CAN AND SHARE THE WARMTH OF MOTHER AND DAUGHTER AND SERVE HER WHATEVER SHE NEEDS ALLAH WILL BE PLEASE. I AM SORRY IF I DONT HELP YOU BUT I CAN ONLY SAY IT WILL TAKE TIME AND PRAYER TO CHANGE UR THOUGHTS ON THIS. WHAT IS THE TRUE MEANING TO CHRISTmas THE DAY THE KUFAR BELIEVES JESUS (AS) WAS BORN IN THE HADITHSITS MENTIONED AS MUSLIMS WE ARE NOT SUPPOSE TO CELEBRATE BIRTHDAYS ANYWAY BUT ALSO WE DO NOT KNOW A DATE IN WHICH JESUS (AS) WAS BORN BUT SOM OF THE KUFAR THINK THAT JESUS IS GOD OR A TRINITY BUT THEY ALSO SAY HE HAS NO BEGINING AND NO END BUT HIM BEING BORN ISNT THAT A BEGINING FOR MOST OF OUR LIVES, THE TRUE ALLAH(SWT) HAS NO BEGINING AND END.SISTER I WILL MAKE DUA FOR U THROUGH YOUR HARD TIME. SALAMS:tti_sister:

amy

Salam sis,

I can totally relate to what you are saying, At Eid i celebrated alone diddnt have anyone else to celebrate with as all my family are non believers. It was the same for me it just felt like any other day!
When christmas day came all my family were together and it made me miss it.

But in the end Islam is more important to me than christmas, Being on the correct path is more important than christmas and just remember sis, Allah knows best.:hijabi:

Jasmiah

Bismillah.

Salam sister Dianek,
I totally understand where you are coming from, when i first reverted to Islam i felt abit lonley when it was Eid and celebrated by myself, then i would see christmas and how involved everyone one was and how everyone came together.
I am now married with 3 children and although we dont celebrate xmas i celebrate Eid in a similar way, we obviously dont have the tree etc but i decorate the house and give my husband and children presents. Its a beautiful celebration where all the family come together and i am so happy to say i enjoy it better than xmas!! Alhamdulilah!! InshAllah these feelings will begin to go and as your deen grows and becomes stronger you will feel the same.
Take care sister, x:tti_sister: