Converting

nitewolf

Hi

Myself and English protestant, I find it hard to watch video's of my people turning to islam. I watched a documentry of kid's in bradford who claimed they were muslim.

I would generally not refer to other muslims as "our people" as that will be categorizing God's creatures superficially. All of us are nothing else but creatures of God that he had chosen to be placed here where we are, and we only know as much as what had been revelaved to us. For God is All Knowing. Every man is born a muslim (free of sins) and it is his duty (through God's gift - our logic) to remain a muslim, or return to the right path before he dies.

Every sane mind, at any one time is his life, would have questioned of his very existence and whether there is a superbeing that created him. That itself is a mercy and blessing from God on us to initiate a search for the truth. For those who sincerely seek, God will guide you in the right direction, Insya'Allah.

Stealing our kids right from under our noses. If I took a muslim child and made them believe islam was lie, the muslim community would go crazy!

If you took a muslim child and made him believe islam was lie, yes, the muslim community would perhaps go crazy. But not because you "took" the child, but more because on what you lied to him about Islam that is not true.

Why don't you share with us why you think Islam is a lie? God has challenged non-believers 1400 years ago and the offer still stands. Does it not interest you at all to challenge the beliefs of 1.2 billion people and be credited for it? Numerous muslim clerics has reached out for inter faith discussions on religion, in particular with christians, but none has been accepted. why? can't afford the publicity?

Surely, the words "Do not ask questions, just believe in what God has said and do not stray away from the truth" does not constitute to a religion of reason. That is contradictory to Islam where there is freedom of choice and logic.

There is no compulsion in Islam and we are not taught by our prophet to entice non-believers into Islam, but instead show them our religion through good deeds, respect for freedom of choice and peace. It is forbidden to discriminate, criticize, lie or hold grudges (however true) as they are unfavourable social ethics that embed hatred and distrust, which violates our pillar of faith of promoting peace. And you can be sure that our practice of bringing up our kids as muslims is not to bad mouth other religions but instead focus on Islam's beauty, reason, logic and complete way of life. And we are not taught to refrain our kids from mingling with other kids of different faiths. We promote tolerance and respect for other religions. Having a islamic state is not a requirement as Islam can be practiced anywhere however remote.

You may think i'm being racist here i'm really not, I respect your religion, but locally when my town puts up christmas decorations, the council ask us to call them seasonal decorations because they have received complaints, it's just beyond a joke.

As you would have read the report of what actually happened, I am yet again disappointed at the hostility muslims get from the media and general public in the West and get blamed without evidence, through skewed misinterpretations and blatant lies. I find it uneasy that you said that you respected our religion but did blame the anonymous complaints on muslims by default and say "it's just beyond a joke".

Only time will reveal the truth and over the last decade, millions of people now have excess to information at the click of a button. As in the past where people have been misguided by what Islam was being mispresented, now people can actually see and read about Islam and it is no suprise that converts to Islam start flowing through the 21st century when the barrier is lifted. This could had been sooner but muslims are neither missionaries nor train missionaries. God would rather for the most of us "not to preach but guide" those who seek, and discover through logic and learning.

Regards

(I hope for brother and sisters in this forum not to post aggressive or criticizing replies but instead discuss these issues productively with tolerance. Wassalam.)

NewMuslim

Slave of Allah
hello mabsoot,
i need help here,i just cant see any of the videos,they just dont appear

thanks
:salam2:
Explore the forums and there are a bunch of links that says "blank video" whereas blank is the topic.

To the OP:
Also, who's stealing children? It seems you are the one who's locking up your children, restricting their freedom of choice and thought. Nobody forced them to believe in Islam, for it seemed to me that they were living comfortable lives before Islam.

dexter

I know it hurts...

I know it hurts to see people of your own sect turning away, but that's been the case here too, for instance once my father needed money for his business and a person told him that he can be helped with a lot of money, as much as he demanded, only that he had to turn to 'Christianity'... So seeing that then it's totally fair since others make use of people's distress that we also seek to guide them in a nobler way...

kayagila

Assalamu Alaikum,

I am a new user,I just wanted to point out to "Justice"

"Stealing our kids right from under our noses" is a joke,kids come with their own will!

"I find it hard to watch video's of my people turning to islam"

I think you should rephrase the sentence above.

I don`t know why do find it so difficult to watch people coming to right path! May Allah(Swt) guide you to the right path.

Walaikum Salam
This sentence alone "I find it hard to watch my people turning to Islam" is recist the brother said he isn't May allah guige him to the roght path i mean this from the bottom of my heart

YEAH YEAH Islam's the ONLY right path.....

I think the problem could be solved by not allowing children to convert until they're 18 or 19. That they'll have time to think about it first to be sure, and cultivate their beliefs before they take Shahada.

I'm afraid he's right about what would happen if a Muslim child went to a church and tried to convert.

Either way, this thread is kind of dead.... Its been dead for months.

I really don't care if a Muslim converts to another religion. Let them go to a church, that is their CHOICE, but I will tell you this...it is very difficult and you don't see it often, a Muslim converting to another religion. We all have free will and we human beings are all striving for the same thing.

Just curious, how did you come up with 18 or 19 as the standard? I am actually an auditor and tax agent, I tend to question about these kinds of numbers. Why not 30? how do you know if you will see tomorrow?

walakum salaam

"Islam is NOT a race, language, country, group of people, it's a belief and way of life"

mahdi

aslamu laykum

hey i think this looks funny, no no one is stealing any kid, here. and no one is telling them to came to the mosque, they have chose to do that, i think it is their choice. so let them do what they want, if they like the religion they can convert but if they don't that is their choice.

hussain.mahammed

a lonely traveller
Mr. Fabs why dont you just remain away from arguments and concentrate on the aim of why are you in this forum and overall in this world?
You are here to learn more about ISLAM not criticize it. You are in this world to know about the truth, so get to know the truth. You have your own free will. You need to have wisdom and guidance before you can realise for yourself the path of righteousness.
You can continue these kind of baseless arguments for ages without coming to any result. In fact you will remain confused throughout.

I think an important reason why one wouldn't convert to another religion from Islam is because:
a. the family wouldn't accept it and might shun you
b. you might find yourself murdered as apostasy is forbidden on punishment of death

(the latter is an extreme case and more common outside of Western countries)

I choose 18 or 19 because I think that's an age where you can look at things more objectively, when you're out of puberty and at the legal age to make decisions for yourself. If you want to convert then, fine then the question of naivety and pressure is cleared up.

What you are saying is relative. You think 18-19 because that is the legal age in the US, which is going by a man made system. Not in every country 18-19 is a "legal" age. In many Islamic countries the legal age is generally once a person hits puberty, which is by the Quran not by a man made system.

You stated in another thread "We live in a secular society so people have the choice to convert to whatever they want."
So why then are you arguing? Live your life, if you are a happy person and you think you have purpose in life then go with it. No one should be worried about others, everybody should worry about themselves, because no one will be by your side in your grave. It's just between you and God. God will only test/question you.

umm hussain

Yes just as I say everyone should be able to do what they want with their life, but of course that means once they've come of age and are responsable to make the right decisions. Giving a 12 year old (born into another faith) a Koran and allowing him to take Shahada does not fir into anyone's idea of respansable. Heck I wanted to be an archaelogist when I was 12, that's changed! I'm going on what common sense says not what's in a
document written more than 1000 years ago.

Thank you for your fruitful prediction about my death.

Dont be sarcastic, no one predicted you death, he didnt say when or how you are going to die but just mentioning the inevitable. I will be alone in my grave as well so will billions of others. Death is inevitable, as much as some of us will want to live forever no one actually dies. Every second we are all closer to our graves literally.

Death is one of the things any living thing is going to experience.

Yes just as I say everyone should be able to do what they want with their life, but of course that means once they've come of age and are responsable to make the right decisions. Giving a 12 year old (born into another faith) a Koran and allowing him to take Shahada does not fir into anyone's idea of respansable. Heck I wanted to be an archaelogist when I was 12, that's changed! I'm going on what common sense says not what's in a
document written more than 1000 years ago.

Thank you for your fruitful prediction about my death.

you have to understand that not every 12 year old is the same. Especially the 12 year old of yesterday with today. The 12 year old of 1000 years ago was much wiser and smarter than the 12 years old that play his PS3 today.

I am not suggesting anything about your death, death is guaranteed and there is no way to escaping it. Death is the only thing guaranteed in this life. I am saying people shouldn't worry about others turning to Islam, Hindu, Christian, Jew, Buddhist. That is their choice. It's your choice to learn more about Islam. No one is forcing anyone into anything. We have free will.

Common sense??? that's a relative term, you can't define it. You might think something is "common" whereas another does not think so.

misalat

:ma: to all,
great answers given by all brothers and sister ... may Allah guide us all to the right path, Ameen.
:wasalam:

American Muslim

Just Another Slave
sisters, brothers, friends,

we've probably written enough about this thread. Until, ofcourse, the next person who takes offense to that vid pops up, makes the same comment, and then disappears never to be heard from again.

sugarbb

Assalammualaikum,

Islam is for mankind regardless of your skin colour, age, race, language, ethnic group, culture or nation. By using the words 'your people' you are implying your race, your skin colour is superior to that of others. In christianity, that is wrong, in itself. If you have watched the video properly, you will realize that the mother of those kids have given her consent them to learn at the mosque. When you chose the word 'stolen', it is defined as being taken without consent. See the video again and listen when the mother said she has met the imam and asked if her daughter could join the class again to study Islam. By doing so, the mother has given her consent, without a doubt. There should be no compulsion in religion. Let them accept Islam out of their own free will. I hope you will be curious to know what these children are being taught and InsyaAllah, you might come to realize it too. There certainly is something in Islam so beautiful that these kids are so drawn to it. Come and see it for yourself. May Allah guide us all, InsyaAllah. Peace always.

msameer

Folks, Please note that Mr.? Miss.? Justice incited us and just disappeared...May be she(he?) thought that if she(he?) stays and reads all our comments..She (he?) might end up becoming a muslim herself(himself?)

salmanzaid

My story

I am a convert ( revert ) to Islam.

My family told me I could fly up to spend time with them,
but my older brother made it a condition I could not
practice Islam - must keep it a secret - while I was there.

I told him that this was pretty impossible, since we pray 5 times a day
and have special food requirements.

And so I have permanently been outcast from my family.
Lost all that support, potentially lost a fortune in inhertiance.
It was the hardest thing I have ever had to do.
It is NOT the ideal - Muhammad commanded us to keep family relations,
but in my own circumstance this just wasn't going to happen.

My dear sir - NOBODY STOLE ME !!!
My decision to embrace Islam was a long process of reading,
deep thought, research and lots of prayer.
I first read Qur'an briefly in high school - and I had a Muslim friend who was kind to me ( I regret I didn't talk with him more about it ).
It was not until recently, at the age of 29 - that I have fully embraced Islam.
This was not a shot-gun decision, it was slow and gradual.

I think the biggest influence in finally reverting was Khalid Yasin lectures.
His explanation & reasoning was just so convincing and in harmony with
what I believed ( I'd love to meet him and thank him ).

NOBODY STOLE ME.

"I made my bed and I will sleep in it".
It is a great regret that I have lost contact with my family,
but I WILL NOT LET GO OF ISLAM for $10,000,000.
I would die for what I believe.

:salah:

Christians have the freedom to propogate their own faith,
they must wake up and smell the coffee that we will do the same.
We will not be stopped.

Muslim8

Muslim8

Myself and English protestant, I find it hard to watch video's of my people turning to islam. I watched a documentry of kid's in bradford who claimed they were muslim.

Stealing our kids right from under our noses. If I took a muslim child and made them believe islam was lie, the muslim community would go crazy!

You may think i'm being racist here i'm really not, I respect your religion, but locally when my town puts up christmas decorations, the council ask us to call them seasonal decorations because they have received complaints, it's just beyond a joke.

firstly nobody is going out and looking to "Steal" any child or person.so you need go find out the truth come here and just spreads lie Islam is PEACE get that the MOsque is the place of Allah and where read study so you need watch your mouth and get facts CORRECT BEFORE YOU COME AND TELL LIES
PC renaming of Christmas lights 'an error' IS ERR It looked to me like they had First you must learn more about islam with open heart and i beleive that you excepted islam like a religion for peace and love,but Allah Almity know the best Islam is beautiful. so learn the truth before you come here.

abo islam

assalamo 3alaikom wa rahmato llahi wa barakatoh

:salam2: sobhana llah wa laa ilaha illa llah wa llaho akbar:SMILY209:
ikhwani alkorama2
please we want the vedios of ispañoles comvertedos al Islam in language ispañol
:tti_sister: م