Converting

muslimguy

Asalaamu-alekem brother and sisters,

Once I'm 100% ready I will take Sharada and then all the previous things I've done in my life are forgiven and I can start a fresh, new life with God. I just wanted to know what people think of this, whether they think it's a good idea to wait or whether it's bad to delay it?

Much peace.

hi Patrick, in my humble opinion don't delay it. we, muslims, commit sins as well, but Allah subhanaho wataalla has the door of repentence open at all times. the important thing is being a Muslim and acknowledging that there is no God but Allah and Mohammed is his messenger, what comes after that of sins are to be forgiven if you repent. so think about this if death comes to you, would rather be a Muslim sinner or a non-muslim period?
it's your call Bro. and I ask Allah's and your forgiveness if I said what i shoudn't have said.

peace be with you.

adilib

Dear brother Patrick.... It is ur faith that leads to action or in other words if u start practising islam ull will automatically turn away from bad things... being a true muslim u have to pray 5 times a day ... ur day as a muslim mstarts with prayes ... the muslim prayer or the salah is not a synonm for prayer ....its something more than prayer... its praising Allah the al mighty, we get reprogrammed thus we get reminded about our duties , Repend our self for the the wrong things weve done ....
May Allah Guide you to the right path .
Assalamualikum wa rahmatullahi wa barakathuhu ....

nazir

Dear Patrick,
May Allah open your heart to Islam. I understand the reason to which you have given, such that you would like to get rid of all aspects of your life which infringe with the pristine teaching of Islam, so as to make your conversion more orderly, and in a sense more convincing for yourself. This would include reading all of the Qur'an and learning how to pray etc..
I can only advise you, as can my brothers and sisters. If you fully affirm the 5 pillars of Islam then what is stopping you from making the testimony of faith? The Companions of the Prophet peace be upon him, did not wait until they had read all of the Qur'an, nor until they had memorised how to pray to convert, rather they were so overtaken by the sublime truth that they swiftly hearkened unto embracing it lest they miss their chance. Allah does not burden an individual beyond their capability, and this religion is ease; if you will wait until all of the 'ills' are removed from yourself, then it will never happen, it doesn't happen to any of us. This jihad on the self is better done whilst having done the Shahadah so Allah may make it easier for you to traverse upon the illuminated path of this religion.

If you still think otherwise, then you'd better tighten your seat belt, and be wary wherever you go, and be mighty careful, as death may come, and overtake you whilst not having done the shahadah. I did not mean to scare you lol, it was something poignant that i wanted to share with you, as one does not know when death is approaching, and despite level best efforts one cannot avoid it. Say the Shahadah my friend, embrace the sweetness of this faith, become acquainted with the most merciful, who you will not know fully through reading, rather by acting upon that which you read, which brings life to the heart. Ashahadu an-la ilaha illalah, wa ash hadu anna Muhammadan abduhu wa rasulu.

Please forgive me if i came across in a way not befitting.
Take care

Bluegazer

Hello Patrick,

I'm glad to see you're seriously considering becoming a Muslim. I truly believe that there are some basic articles of faith every Muslim should know and believe in. These include the Five Pillars of Islam and the Six Pillars of Faith.

To read about the Five Pillars of Islam, please click on the following link:

http://www.islam-guide.com/frm-ch3-16.htm

To read about the Six Pillars of Faith, please click on the following link:

http://www.islam-guide.com/frm-ch3-2.htm

If you reach a point where you have a firm belief in Islam, then it's my sincere advice not to delay your conversion, because you simply don't know when you're going to die.

As to your fear of not being able to free yourself from the sins you mentioned, please click on the following link. Although what you'll read is connected to the situation of women who find it hard to wear the hijab [cover themselves modestly including the hair], I believe you'll still learn a lot:

http://www.turntoislam.com/forum/showpost.php?p=61073&postcount=1

Please check out the following link that shows documentaries about Islam produced by some Western companies. You'll be very surprised by what you'll learn:

http://www.turntoislam.com/forum/showpost.php?p=88428&postcount=5

Also, please check out the books found on the following link:

http://www.turntoislam.com/forum/showpost.php?p=116206&postcount=5

Best regards,

Bluegazer

Suhaila1

~~~~~~
Are you saying that Allah rejects and dismiss all other pious persons from other religions ?

What exactly do you mean by that? Are you asking if you have to be a Muslim to get into heaven? Yeah, you do have to be a Muslim.

You may not necessarily have to call yourself a Muslim, or know anything about the teachings of the Prophet, but you definetly have to believe in one God.

Obviously, a pious Pagan isn't going to heaven or anything like that.

amjaddamen

brother
:ma:
congratulations

35.18": ........ and whoever purifies himself, he purifies himself only for (the good of) his own soul; and to Allah is the eventual coming.

nyerekareem

abdur-rahman
Salaam,

I could become a Muslim right now if I wanted, but that would mean for a while I would still be doing bad things from my previous life. Isn't it best to wait until you are definately ready to then become Muslim and not do the things you did in your previous life? And I understand that death could come at any time and inshaAllah I will become Muslim before mine.

Help me out brothers what would be best:

A) Wait until I am ready to submit myself to God and give up all bad things in my life and be able to make prayer and fasting etc, therefore being the best I could be?

OR

B) Become Muslim soon and try to change my ways while being Muslim, and learn to pray etc even though for a little while being Muslim I wouldn't be praying the proper way or living the right Islamic way?

Any feedback is much appreciated!

Peace.

:salam2:

i have a feeling that you are convinced of the truth that is islam. those voices that you hear, telling you to delay or to perfect yourself before becoming a muslim are without a doubt, the voices of shaytan. the shaytan tells us to delay many things such as embracing islam, delaying prayers, and delaying repentance. the shaytan knows that you will never be " perfect " that's why he whispers for you to wait until your perfect before embracing islam. he knows that you'll be in the grave before you acheive that. even the most pious of muslims stumble and fall, the difference between them and the constant sinner is that they make repentance and rise up again to keep from their sin. don't think that all muslims are perfect because we aren't, you have to worry about whether or not you will be an inhabitant of the paradise or inhabitant of the hellfire. insha'allah in time your bad habits will go away, they will go away sooner if you occupy yourself in islamic based things. if you drink alcohol, learn how to mix fruits and make juices. listen to much music, switch it with islamic lectures, use foul language? switch it with the beautiful language of the quran. hang out with bad influences? replace them with fellow muslims and learned scholars of islam.

basically, you know the truth is ISLAM!!! now you have to run with it. say the shahadah, and continue to improve yourself for the sake of pleasing your creator. so if death sneaks up upon you, you can at least die a muslim. trust in ALLAH SWT's guidance.
:wasalam:

al-muslimah

:salam2:

i have a feeling that you are convinced of the truth that is islam. those voices that you hear, telling you to delay or to perfect yourself before becoming a muslim are without a doubt, the voices of shaytan. the shaytan tells us to delay many things such as embracing islam, delaying prayers, and delaying repentance. the shaytan knows that you will never be " perfect " that's why he whispers for you to wait until your perfect before embracing islam. he knows that you'll be in the grave before you acheive that. even the most pious of muslims stumble and fall, the difference between them and the constant sinner is that they make repentance and rise up again to keep from their sin. don't think that all muslims are perfect because we aren't, you have to worry about whether or not you will be an inhabitant of the paradise or inhabitant of the hellfire. insha'allah in time your bad habits will go away, they will go away sooner if you occupy yourself in islamic based things. if you drink alcohol, learn how to mix fruits and make juices. listen to much music, switch it with islamic lectures, use foul language? switch it with the beautiful language of the quran. hang out with bad influences? replace them with fellow muslims and learned scholars of islam.

basically, you know the truth is ISLAM!!! now you have to run with it. say the shahadah, and continue to improve yourself for the sake of pleasing your creator. so if death sneaks up upon you, you can at least die a muslim. trust in ALLAH SWT's guidance.
:wasalam:
Salam alaycoum brother nyerekareem..
here are some good news..brother patrick already said the shahada:)

check this thread::D
http://www.turntoislam.com/forum/showthread.php?t=32126

Asalaamu-alekem brother and sisters,

I am a Catholic who has been learning about Islam for some months now, but have been seriously looking into it (reading the Qur'an) for a couple of weeks. I am very impressed with Islam as it's beliefs are all those I agree with, it makes sense and also answers all the questions Christianity and other religions propose.
I have considered converting to Islam, but before doing so I want to read the whole Qur'an as then I will have read all of the Revelation and also it will give me more time to learn about Islam and the Prophet Muhammad, etc. I think this is probably best as it gives me plenty of time to be sure that this is the right decision to make, it also allows me to start changing my way of life before complete submission (i.e. give up drink, stop bad partying, begin to withdraw myself from music as I'm a Music Technology student and it's a huge part of my life atm).
Once I'm 100% ready I will take Sharada and then all the previous things I've done in my life are forgiven and I can start a fresh, new life with God. I just wanted to know what people think of this, whether they think it's a good idea to wait or whether it's bad to delay it?

Much peace.

wa aleykum assalamu va rahmatullohi va barakatuh brother patrick .I AGREE WITH A BROTHERS WHO ADVISED U NOT TO DELAY.AS LONG AS U BEGIN PRACTICING ISLAM ,IT LL BE EASY TO DROP ALL BAD HABITS.ITS MY OWN EXPIERENCE ,ALTHOUGH I WAS A BORN MUSLIM I WASNOT PRACTICIN IT AT ALL.NOW I STARTED TO PRACTICE I GOT RID OF AN AWFUL LOT BAD HABITS.OF COURSE IT TAKES U FOR A WHILE.BUT THE RESULTS WILL BE GREAT INSHAALLAH.TAKE SHAHADAH JOIN OUR RANK,.PEACE BE WITH U

shichemlydia

answer

salam alikoum brother,
i think it is a bad idea to delay your converting until you read adn learn too much about islam.
just take the shahada and start doing what you know and can do, then as time evolve, you will be offered too much time to go in details.
and be sure, that allah will accept anything you come up with, even if it is simple. allah accepts from those who have takawa(fears of allah).

more importantly, who can guaranty you that you will be alive when, you get to know all about islam.
dear brother, hurry up and do not waste time,
salam alikoum

Yusuf1990

al-Inglezi
Wa'ylekum Salaam Shichemlydia,

Don't worry I reverted the other day so I'm Muslim now :p

Thanks to everyone for all the help though, much appreciated :D

Salaam

Al-Salam

Your Sister In Islam
congratulation brother. im really happy for ur convertion. we hoop u nothing but the best brother.

salam.

ajazz

Assalamualikum

I suggest you ask directly Allah(swt) for help to clear your confusion
If Allah guides you nobody can misguide you.

Suhaila1

~~~~~~
Assalamu Alaikum sister Suhaila,

If a non Muslim received the message of Islam in a clear way, and then died as a non Muslim, he or she will enter Hell to dwell therein forever.

Please click on the following link to read more about this:

http://www.turntoislam.com/forum/showpost.php?p=89326&postcount=10

There, you'll find a further 5 links. Please click them and take the time to read my posts carefully.

Regards,

Bluegazer

Thanks, but it was Delta, not me, that asked if a non-Muslim could get into heaven.

Bluegazer

Assalamu Alaikum sister Suhaila,

You wrote the following in post #26 [as a response to Delta's question]:

What exactly do you mean by that? Are you asking if you have to be a Muslim to get into heaven? Yeah, you do have to be a Muslim.

You may not necessarily have to call yourself a Muslim, or know anything about the teachings of the Prophet, but you definetly have to believe in one God.

Obviously, a pious Pagan isn't going to heaven or anything like that.

While the first paragraph shows that you believe it's necessary -after the advent of the prophethood of Muhammad [peace be upon him]- to be a Muslim, the second and third paragraphs contradict this and clearly gives a very strong impression that it's alright not to be a Muslim, as long as one is not a pagan and also believes in the One Almighty God.

And what you wrote in the second and third paragraphs is just wrong. After the advent of the prophethood of Muhammad -peace be upon him- it becomes an obligation upon non Muslims [who received the message of Islam clearly] to convert to Islam. If they don't, and they die as non Muslims, then they will enter Hell to abide therein forever.

This principle has to be made in a clear and unambiguous way.

Regards,

Bluegazer

sajjuaiah

As-salaam alaiikum,

May Allah guide you to the best.

Bro, Please dont be late for declaring your shahada.

Your wrong doings can slowely be recovered.

May Allah help you to accept Islam. :tti_sister:

“And whosoever fears Allah and keeps his duty to Him, He will make a
him to get out (from every difficulty).
And He will provide him from (sources) he never could imagine. And whosoever
puts his trust in Allah, then He will suffice him. Verily, Allah will accomplish
purpose. Indeed Allah has set a measure for all things”[al-Talaaq 65:2-3]\

"Whoever seeks a religion other than Islam, it will never be accepted from him and in the Hereafter he will be one of the losers." (Aal 'Imraan: 85).

“Everyone shall taste death. And only on the day of resurrection shall
you be paid your wages in full. And whoever is removed away from
the fire and admitted to paradise, this person is indeed successful.
The life of this world is only the enjoyment of deception:" (Qur’an
3:185)
“Every soul shall have the taste of death” [Qur’an 29:57]

farhopes

No God but Allah
Assalamo alikom

Wa'ylekum Salaam Shichemlydia,

Don't worry I reverted the other day so I'm Muslim now :p

Thanks to everyone for all the help though, much appreciated :D

Salaam

Alhamdulillah ( thank God) thousands of times that He guided your heart to the straight way and rescued you from the Hell....

May Allah strengthen your faith, gladden your heart, make your task easy for you and help you live on Islam. InshaaAllah you will feel great happiness every day you live as Muslim. You will feel great harmony with yourself and with the whole universe; simply because this is the innate nature on which every human is born and the whole universe was originated. Alhamdulillah :tti_sister:

alexandra

do it without thinking

Wa alaykom salamm brother...I'm a converted girl AL HAMDULILLAH.I came to islam,i accepted it as my true religion almost 1 month ago and i'm proud of my choice,it was the best choice i ever made in my life.Al hamdulillah
Concerning you,i wanna tell u that u dont have to wait til u finish THE HOLY BOOK,THE QURAN,do it if u feel that there is only one God and the Prophet Muhammad is His Messanger,His slave.Do it if u feel Islam is ur right religion and dont worry about ur past,about wat u have done.Everything what u have done,every sin in ur past it will be forgiven.Islam is a way of life,islam leads u to the success and helps u to find the truth always.Islam is teaching u how to pray,How to live ur own life.

Believe me,as Bomeshary said,u never know wat tomorrow may bring,u nvr know if tomorrow or today is ur las day on earth.so if u dely it u wil have no chance to go to heaven.Brother,u dont have to do it bcz we,ur brother s and ur sister r telling u to do it,we just tell u how we think and wat we think is right.Concerning me,i went trhough this and i feel so peaceful,so satisfied

S ,brother,dont think much,do wat u feel today and leave the rest to ALLAH.HE KNOWS BEST.

May Allah lead u to Him and forgive ur all sins.We all r here,ur sisters and ur brothers.
Ur sister in islam SARAHA(my muslim name):wasalam::hijabi::hijabi: