Could the year 2012 actually mean something ?

Islam!!yay

:salam2:

My family in NJ just got pounded by Hurricane Irene but before the hurricane there was an earthquake and another earthquake before that and earthquakes in the east coast is rare. But got me thinking about 2011. Think about it. Japan Arab spring Financial crisis Riots in london the never ending killings in Libya and Syria and before that earhquakes in Chile and well Haiti. Not including the volcano eruptions in 2010. So is this for real. Now of course only Allah SWT knows what happens in the future and when EXACTLY conflicts happen . But could He SWT Give us signs of when things might happen. I feel something big is going to happen next year May Allah SWT forgive me if thinking like that is haram :astag:

But what do you guys think ?

kashif_nazeer

~~~Alhamdulillah~~~

I read this somewhere (I forgot where),that one of the signs of the end of times is that natural disasters would increase,too much bloodshed.I dont think it has anything to do with 2012.The major signs are still to appear,like arrival of Dajjal,Imam Mahdi(a.s) and Hazrat 'Isa(a.s) coming back to earth and dabbatul ardh walking and Yajuj and Majuj(Gog and Magog).Anyways the knowledge of everything is with Allah alone and Him alone we should trust.
I heard a scholar say our end of time is the day when we die and we should prepare for it.

May Allah keep you and your family safe.Ameen.

:wasalam:

Ershad

Brother,

According to me, we will never know. But, Allah says the destruction of earth would be with water, fire and air. But, 2012? I doubt that. Maybe it is just the beginning (idk!). But, the truth is only Allah knows.

The evidence from the Qur’aan includes the following (http://islamqa.com/en/ref/32627) :

1 – Allaah says (interpretation of the meaning):

“They ask you about the Hour (Day of Resurrection): ‘When will be its appointed time?’ Say: ‘The knowledge thereof is with my Lord (Alone). None can reveal its time but He. Heavy is its burden through the heavens and the earth. It shall not come upon you except all of a sudden.’ They ask you as if you have a good knowledge of it. Say: ‘The knowledge thereof is with Allaah (Alone), but most of mankind know not.’”

[al-‘Araaf 7:187]

2 – Allaah says (interpretation of the meaning):

“People ask you concerning the Hour, say: ‘The knowledge of it is with Allaah only. What do you know? It may be that the Hour is near!’”

[al-Ahzaab 33:63]

The people used to ask the Messenger (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) about the time that the hour would begin, so Allaah commanded him to refer the matter to Him: “The knowledge of it is with Allaah only”.

And considering "a day with your Lord is as a thousand years of what you reckon", I think I won't be alive to see it (idk!). So, I assume 2012 is too quick (I may be wrong)!

Some links which is worth reading on this issue would be:

http://islamqa.com/en/ref/34719

http://islamqa.com/en/ref/2272

http://islamqa.com/en/ref/32627

Hope you find it useful!

Jazakallahu Khair!

islamirama

www.netmuslims.com

Don't worry, no body here will be alive to see the Last Hour. We have WW III and Al Mahdi coming up first, which may not be too far ahead.

OsMaN_93

Here to help

Don't worry, no body here will be alive to see the Last Hour. We have WW III and Al Mahdi coming up first, which may not be too far ahead.
The possibility of another world war is very unlikely, almost every country does not want to go to war, considering everyone has nuclear weapons. We only have to worry if terrorists get their hands dirty.

islamirama

www.netmuslims.com
The possibility of another world war is very unlikely, almost every country does not want to go to war, considering everyone has nuclear weapons. We only have to worry if terrorists get their hands dirty.

Then you are living in disillusionment. all the gov'ts are making preparations for it, from russia to china to arab rulers to everyone else. US intelligence is saying with 100% certainty another 9-11 will hit us by 2013 and it will be a nuke. Only time someone says something with 100% is when they are involved in it somehow. What do you think that will lead to?

islamirama

www.netmuslims.com
Assalaam walaikum,

We are in WWIII.

Yes, that is what the experts say. We are in the initial stages of it... It'll be a war of resources. The whole Libya thing is about water. He spent 25 billion dollars to make a fresh underwater reservoir that'll last a 100 years. With French in control of most of the fresh water that is decreasing by the day, the west has great interest in Libya as well as other Muslim lands with abundant natural resources.

ShyHijabi

The year 2012 is simply an arbitrary number assigned to a period in time that man created. 2012 is literally 2012 (annus domini or year of our lord...the Christian belief that Jesus was Lord). The Mayans didn't even use this calendar and conspiracy theorists have tried to wedge their own suspicions onto the Mayan cyclical beliefs.

Earthquakes happen every.single.day. All over the world. We don't feel all of them but only the more robust ones. Hurricanes happen every single year around this time, there's a reason we call it hurricane season. And Japan...poor Japan, I took Japanese civilization in undergrad and can tell you this, Japan has been going through natural disasters of huge proportions since they have had recorded history. Their very religious beliefs (Shintoism) is the belief in the impermanent due to the ever changing weather/eco system over there. their history is overrun with tsunamis, earthquakes, floods, typhoons...you get the idea.

If you study the recorded history of the natural disasters you will see they are not happening with more frequency but that we are more aware due to media. But if one lives their life according to the Qur'an and Sunnah then why worry? We cannot change or run from Allah swts decree so why worry so much?

Aapa

Mirajmom
Assalaam walaikum,

We really need to do some research. It has nothing to do with Christianity. Jesus was born 400 years before year 1AD. The Romans and who knows what pope decided to make changes..add a little take away a little. Julian or Gregorian or whatever.
It is relative. I guess.

The movie sucked.

ShyHijabi

Assalaam walaikum,

We really need to do some research. It has nothing to do with Christianity. Jesus was born 400 years before year 1AD. The Romans and who knows what pope decided to make changes..add a little take away a little. Julian or Gregorian or whatever.
It is relative. I guess.

The movie sucked.

Yeah I am familiar with the altering of the calendar by the popes and councils. But my point was it was purely an arbitrary number and not something Muslims should waste their time obsessing over. It's like horoscopes and tea leaf reading, nonsense.

Just a Guy

Reinventing Myself

I remember when everyone was in a panic about the New Millenium back in 1999. There were several movies (Armageddon, Deep Impact, etc) that depicted "end of the world" scenarios. Machines were going to rise up and destroy makind. Planes would fall out of the sky, missiles would launch automatically, etc.

You know what happened? Absolutely nothing. I believe the same will happen again. The sun will still rise on 12/21/2012.

Calm down, everyone. Nothing will happen.

islamirama

www.netmuslims.com
Only Christians believe 2012 to be some special number, and not all Christians at that . To us it doesn't mean a thing. We know the world is not going to end and so do the Christians who know their religion. Jesus a.s. still has yet to come and rule on this earth.

OsMaN_93

Here to help
Then you are living in disillusionment. all the gov'ts are making preparations for it, from russia to china to arab rulers to everyone else. US intelligence is saying with 100% certainty another 9-11 will hit us by 2013 and it will be a nuke. Only time someone says something with 100% is when they are involved in it somehow. What do you think that will lead to?
salam alikom,
This is interesting, where did you read about the US predicting another 9/11? and is your source reliable?

Wannabemuslim

:salam2:with a search of "2013 nuke" all i found was a page from jihad watch telling me that joe biden predicted it,. It may or may not have been accurate. I doubt that it is to be honest

Aapa

Mirajmom
Assalaam walaikum,

Joe Biden is a female dog for the Zionists.

I know, I know, I know, but the truth is the truth.

islamirama

www.netmuslims.com
salam alikom,
This is interesting, where did you read about the US predicting another 9/11? and is your source reliable?

US Homeland Security stated it in their annual report of security threats last year. You're welcome to search their site if you like.

strive-may-i

Now thats unreliable indeed, homeland security as a source....

What more security? Why not some more commonsense and trust??