Cross-Culture Marriage

shoaibazizmeer

Assalam O Alaekum

I want to ask what does Islam say about cross-culture marriage?

I plan to marry this woman from another country with the permission of my parents Insha' Allah. My only fear is that sometimes we have a communication problem but we always speak on this issue and understand that it will get better with the time. I find myself a flexible person but sometimes a fear of having a different culture and language overcomes me.

She is a Muslim and educated person. Our families are willing and our intentions are pure to grow a Muslim family Insha' Allah.

I request all brothers and sisters to make dua for us and you may share any suggestion if you like. Jazak Allah.

Allah Hafiz

Musalmaan

:salam2:

Brother Islam is a universal religion, for all people irrespective of their colour, creed, nationality etc.

You're a muslim, she's a muslim, I hope by the grace of Allah that you are both practicing Muslims, if your parents are agreed to the marriage then I don't see the problem.

In fact I think that the more cross cultural marriages between Muslims the better. Inshallah I'll pray for you and your family.

:wasalam:

mosabaig

Daily reminder..

:salam2:

If we hold on to book of Allah and the teaching of our beloved prophet we are one and differences are not so important we can adjust to them, with good manners patient and strong connection with Allah and Rasool... few minuets daily sitting and reminding each other as a family our goals and purpose in life goes a long way...

esperanza

revert of many years
There's nothing wrong with it. Some may give you a hard time, but you shouldn't be too concerned.

salam brother...

any marriage will have challenges...even of same culture and country
but of course cross cultures.....there will be extra challenges,,,,,, but with patience love and understanding and most important strong faith ,you will have a good marriage inshalla

Aapa

Mirajmom
Assalaam walaikum,

Count your blessings...and save me some wedding cake, InshaAllah.

This is your life...with your love..enjoy it and remember Love is a delicate as a snowflake in the palm of your hand...

shoaibazizmeer

Assalam O Alaekum! I would say thanks to all of you for sharing the kind words and advices with me and making dua for me offcourse. Yeah I agree cross-culture marriage comes with extra challenge. May Allah Almighty gives me strength to be kind and patient to my future wife Insha' Allah. Jazak Allah