Crossing Bridges - Mosque-A-Mania - PLEASE HELP

amyaishazouaoui

Bret Martin is a non-Muslim in California who has proposed a cross country trip. It will go from California to Washington DC stopping at a different mosque each prayer every day. It was first to be 5 days but that is being re-evaluated.

This will be video graphed and uploaded each night to YouTube. The media should be involved as the journey progresses. Mr Martin is well versed in what he should/should not do and will have Muslims with him. He also has the media contacts that will aid in publicizing this bridge between the Non-Muslim and Muslim communities.

The trip will begin when this video hits 1,000,000 hits. PLEASE click on it as often as you can to get this going and spread this around everywhere. The click will ONLY count toward the 1,000,000 if it is on the YOUTUBE video. Link to it don't upload it elsewhere.

Please suggest mosques and cities he can stop at on the journey. Input is needed from people in and outside the USA. If you're not IN the USA you can help with funding or contact others who can help.

Let's help bridge the gaps with this unique opportunity.

revert-sister

Proud to be a MUSLIM
i dont understand why he is doing this?? if he is a non muslim going to mosque to pray?? im really confussed??

yusuf_pal

Nice to see you back

:salam2:

Bridging gaps - hmmm... nice idea

Folks, start clicking now.

P.S. : Dear Sister, it's been quite a while since your last post.
How are you doing?
TTI misses your posts.
We want an active Amy on TTI....:)
And oh yeah... EID MUBARAK

amyaishazouaoui

get clicking

Assalaamu alaikum

I think this is a wonderful idea and a positive aventure for a family and a nation.

I spent a month living in america earlier on this year and found it vastly different to the uk. I was staying in whats known as the south. Apart from there being like noooo muslims around apart from in the big big cities i found that people didnt know who ar what we were. Even the Amish people stared in walmart... probably out dressed them!

So basically in the USA it goes like this.... most people dont like us coz we are different and what they hear on the news. Jews get on better than christians do on the whole because we are both minorites that get picked on!

What is wrong with trying to educate a few people about islam and trying to build briges between communities. Too many masjids are broken an smashed due to lack of understanding. Perhaps if there were a few more people like this then we may be able to set aside differences and get along.
I think its a perfect opportunity.

Of late i have been working in schools across the city.... in i walk with my abaya an hijab staning tall. Kis cannot connect with muslim an white. It like an oxymoron to them. Daily i have to explain that i choase to be muslim, I didnt marry a pakistani. That i white white british white. That i dont have a bomb strapped to me. That i dont harm people for fun! If this is happening in a large multi cultural city like birmingham, can you imagine the stereotypes and assumptions in large non muslims areas in the USA.

Time to get clicking folks... get this one on the way........

BTW ii know i keep saying im back... keep getting busy with stuff and fighting shaytaan..... at the moment its me 0 shaytaan 1.... im gona level the score and win inshaAllah....

please remember me in your duas inshaAllah... im having a very very tough time at the moment... too tough to explain.

:wasalam:

A