Dawah or Insult?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Globalpeace

Banned
Asslamo Allaikum,

It has always been around but since 9/11 there is a growing trend of people masquerading and pretending to be asking questions about Islam, but their intentions are:

• To create doubts in your mind about Islam
• To insult Islam, Prophet Muhammad (Sallaho Alaihe Wassallam), Allah (SWT), Qur’aan etc.
• To play with your feelings

It has been proven that people are trained in these techniques in Missionary schools!

I am sure that all of us have dealt with these masquerading pretenders, so how do you:

1. Recognise the situation?
2. Deal with it without getting emotionally embroiled?

I am asking for some thoughts on the subject, Insha'Allah.

All Islamic forums are rife with people who are there to create Fitnah! These people particularly PM Reverts and newly practising Muslims and try to make them change their mind or sow seeds of doubt...Its a reality!

Aapa

Mirajmom
Salaam,

Brother when I am near those..I keep silent and it works.
It took years of practice to get here. Most men are now coming to me and telling me that they read the Quran. I still do not say a word and thank them.

Bluegazer

Assalamu Alaikum,

While there are those who are sincere in their questions about Islam, there are also those of the other type that you mentioned brother Globalpeace.

You asked:

I am sure that all of us have dealt with these masquerading pretenders, so how do you:

1. Recognise the situation?
2. Deal with it without getting emotionally embroiled?

I think you could recognize the situation when you provide an adequate answer and then he or she keeps on repeating the same question, whether to you or to others.

And the way to deal with this is just to know that we Muslims are not responsible for others accepting Islam or rejecting it. Our responsibility is to present Islam without distorting it, and that's it. This, of course, is easier said than done. It requires a lot of patience, as sister mirajmom wrote.

Best regards,

Bluegazer

Wassalamu Alaikum

nyerekareem

abdur-rahman
:salam2:

i can spot those kind of people a mile away. i think most people that frequent the site such as Mabsoot,GP, Mirajmom, AlbintMuslima and myself among others can find them quick. they say those crazy things and never return. like they know that they've been spotted.

samiha

---------
Staff member
wa alaykum salam.

Yes, forums are ablaze with them. Unfortunatley, sometimes it is hard to judge intentions, and even though you may doubt or suspect that such a person is like that, you cannot really all the time prove it. Some come with statements saying "My friend asked..." or "I'm searching for the truth..." How can you always judge the validity of such things or doubt?

On the forums, such actions are called trolling. They (the Users) come specifically for the intent to provoke a strong response, get people involved, have them react and so forth.

That being said, I think they should be just given the answer to their questions then if they still refuse to understand, just (here) be told that this is ultimately a Muslim website and if they cannot accept what we give them, then they should probably find a better place to go right? And as brother Bluegazer mentioned. Our duty is to spread Islam and represent it correctly. Allah is the only one who guides, so you know... regardless of these people and their actions, it does not have any effect on us.

This place really was not meant to be a place for debate. Really... I think some threads should be closed but haven't gotten around to it. And if anyone seeks to complain about their "oppression of free speech" but as I said, I'm sorry, this is a Muslim site and if you want to preach, or not really find an answer and just seek to provoke people then please go elsewhere.

wasalam

Bawar

Struggling2Surrender
assalamu alaikum brother GP!

i can not disagree with you. I have come across many people at work who ask questions which clearly show that they are not intending to learn about islam, but to creat doubts, show hatred to islam and muslims in a wicked way or to check how much i know about my religion.
saying that, i have seen many people who genuinely need clarification about the confusion they have been put in by the mass media.

the best course of action is to present them the truth and basic message of islam. if they are truth seekers, perhaps it will become the first step for finding the light. and if they are one of those wicked people with the dark misssion, then they will see that there is a place for the truth in many hearts.
it will be sad for them ofcourse.

17:81
And say: "Truth has (now) arrived, and Falsehood perished: for Falsehood is (by its nature) bound to perish."

whitecat

i have seen many people like that. they post stupid question abt islam. i saw couple of them on youtube and try to answer their question with brothers' and sisters' help, but later i figure out their aim is not to gain knowledge abt islam. they r just doing it to make look, islam bad, and create doubt in our eyman.
but Alhamdulila if a person have a strong towheed, or seeking truth these devils don't affect him.
:wasalam:
:tti_sister: :tti_sister: :tti_sister: :tti_sister: :tti_sister: :tti_sister: :tti_sister:

Globalpeace

Banned
Asslamo Allaikum,

Jews used to ask awkward questions to Rasul-ullah (Sallaho Alaihe Wassallam) in Madina; and they used to prepare rebuttals before hand by saying, "If he says this then counter it by saying this..."

Allah (SWT) said about this in the Qur'aan:

They say "if you are given this, take it, but if you are not given this, then beware!" and whoever Allah (swt) wants to put in Fitnah (error), you can do nothing for him. They are the ones whose hearts Allah (swt) does not want to purify; and for them there is a disgrace in this world and in Hereafter a great torment. (5:41)

IslamIsLight

Islam is my life
Staff member
salam
There are many and many people like that outthere,always.
Staying patient with them is the best in my opinion.Its really hard,coz I have constant problems with my family on this issues.Allah guides whom he wants,some people are just simply blind,and its waste of time arguing with them or trying to prove something,let them be blind.
wasalam

Bluegazer

Assalamu Alaikum brother ayman1,

I'm glad you agree with that their responses give them away.

You wrote:

The key is to meet hatred with love, ignorance with facts, blabbering with reason and attacks with welcome! They cannot last long after that and their campaign turns for Islam after it was intended to be against it!

I have seen some non Muslims who kept on repeating the same point time and time again, after that point was explained to them with facts and in a reasonable way. Eventually, patience runs out. I believe one has to know the point where he or she should disconnect from the "dialogue" because it just becomes a vicious circle.

And that's really hard. Sometimes the responses are so laughable that they seem to beg a response. Sometimes a Muslim can't help but keep replying to these same repeated weak points.

With time and experience, and first and foremost the guidance of Allah, a Muslim should begin to recognize when it's time to just stop.

Sometimes, a Muslim fears that when he or she stops replying, then that will seem like a victory to the "evidence" given by the other side. That's why I strongly urge all debates to be done:

1- in a public Muslim forum, where many Muslims can help out each other in the response.

2- in an active Muslim forum which has a high rate of participation.

Best regards,

Bluegazer

Wassalamu Alaikum

Aapa

Mirajmom
Salaam Bluegazer.

I have stopped writing on www.islamonline.net. I was attacked over and over and over again. Now, if you are attacking a weak argument that I have stated I will acknowledge my weakness. These attacks are just vicious and personal. They become venting venues for the disgruntled and it seems that vipers are added on the bandwagon.
We need to support each other as long as the discussion is valid.

Bluegazer

Assalamu Alaikum sister mirajmom,

I'm sorry to hear about what happened to you in that forum. I hope you're now stronger from that experience, and may Allah reward you for your patience.

farhopes

No God but Allah
Assalamo alikom

It hurts me a lot to know about those people and I always ask myself if they are humans or devils or what exactly they are!!!!!!!!!!!!

Anyway, I always remind myself of the following verses that describe exactly what we are exposed to these days:

4) لَتُبْلَوُنَّ فِي أَمْوَالِكُمْ وَأَنفُسِكُمْ وَلَتَسْمَعُنَّ مِنَ الَّذِينَ أُوتُواْ الْكِتَابَ مِن قَبْلِكُمْ وَمِنَ الَّذِينَ أَشْرَكُواْ أَذًى كَثِيرًا وَإِن تَصْبِرُواْ وَتَتَّقُواْ فَإِنَّ ذَلِكَ مِنْ عَزْمِ الأُمُورِ
( سورة آل عمران , Aal-e-Imran, Chapter #3, Verse #186)

186) You shall certainly be tried and tested in your wealth and properties and in your personal selves, and you shall certainly hear much that will grieve you from those who received the Scripture before you (Jews and Christians) and from those who ascribe partners to Allah, but if you persevere patiently, and become Al-Muttaqoon (the pious - see V.2:2) then verily, that will be a determining factor in all affairs, and that is from the great matters, (which you must hold on with all your efforts).

truesuccess

Proud to be a Muslim
Asslamo Allaikum,

Still looking for more comments because I need to analyse this issue thoroughly, Insha'Allah.

If incase the situation becomes too complicated and the opponent is going on teasing Islam,
I guess one of the way is
Say ALLAHUAKBAR, and throw pebbles on him 7 times.

( this is what we do during HAJJ to Shaitan )

or atleast just think this process in your mind at that moment.

( Though it looks funny... but just think it seriously for a while... )

May Allah love this small process and may open the gate of Jannah for us ( Aameen )

:)

Wassalam

Status
Not open for further replies.