Dawah To Agnostic Regarding Evolution

Min-Fadhli-Rabii

:salam2:

I have class mate who is agnostic and has strong believe in evolution. I have sent to him the video called 'Collapse Of Darwinism: Theory of Evolution' ( youtube link http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H5sfHz3xyNc&feature=channel_page )

He reply to me and wrote this:-

''That film is very one sided and it seems to be very old. Ignoring the religion aspect to it however, there were some scientific aspects that I found interesting. Mainly the one regarding the first living simple cells and how they came to evolve from seemingly non-living matter. It seems at that time that this was a difficult point to explain and a somewhat unanswerable question.

In another aspect of that film, they have focused on a 'missing link' of fossils - fossils of creatures that fell between sub categories of genus which we would expect to find if active evolution was evident. If you have a look at the link below it is a documentary about one of these fossils that have recently been found. It is very strong evidence to secure the theory of evolution.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/episode/b00ksh5y/Uncovering_Our_Earliest_Ancestor_The_Link/ (this is the link he gave me to support his claim)
''.

I am trying to give ths person dawah. What should I reply? What is the stand of Islam towards evolution?

Jazakakum Allah Kheiran

OsMaN_93

Here to help
Yes, ofcourse I did.:) I saw it advertised on TV last week, but I missed it. Thanks to you brother, I remembered and watched it. Just out of interest really, I don't believe in evolution.

May Allah reward you for your efforts, Jazak Allah khairan.

Der Fragende

ahlu-sunnah.com

Evolution is in a critical situation.
If you read some of Harun Yahya's works regarding evolution, you will easily notice, how the problem is viewed from a scientific view.
Even darwinists and evolutionists admit, that this thesis can't be hold. (statements of different experts on this level are shown in his works, also his sources, so nobody can't call him a "liar")

http://www.darwinismrefuted.com/index.php

http://www.darwinism-watch.com/

http://www.harunyahya.com/en.m_book_index.php

:wasalam:

Al-Indunisiy

Is it just me, or it seems as though the only reference to matters pertaining to evolution in this site is Harun Yahya? Is there not any other muslim biologist qualified in this field?

Der Fragende

ahlu-sunnah.com
Is it just me, or it seems as though the only reference to matters pertaining to evolution in this site is Harun Yahya? Is there not any other muslim biologist qualified in this field?

That's a good question.
I've never heard about another guy.
It would be great, if somebody could answer.

:wasalam:

ahmed_indian

to Allah we belong
:salam2:,

i think u have done enough. maybe u can tell him about Quran scientific miracles and future prediction. or prophet's miracles and end times' signs foretold by him.

but guidance comes from Allah Alone, u have done ur work of giving him Allah's message. if he dont listen, move ahead. there are many who are ready to accept His messae. they just want somebody to tell them about Allah.

Seeking Allah's Mercy

Qul HuwaAllahu Ahud!
:salam2:wa rahmatullahi wa barakatuhu

firstly akhi ahmed_indian have has given you a good answer about giving dawah.

فَإِنَّمَا عَلَيْكَ الْبَلَـغُ وَعَلَيْنَا الْحِسَابُ

(But you are only a warner. And Allah is a Trustee over all things) (11:12).

however akhi for you i got to say evolution isn't exactly kuffar to believe in.what is in contradiction to islam is not the theory istelf but the foolisht predictions about "man" by the one who formulated this theory.

beliving in a theory which is based on natural observations and studies is NOT kuffar.theory of evolution does not contradicts islam if you follow it for beings other then man.it only the man evolved from ape prediction of darwin based on his theory that is in contradiction to Quran which says:

“He created man (Adam) from sounding clay like the clay of pottery”

[al-Rahmaan 55:14]

got the ayah from here:http://www.turntoislam.com/forum/showthread.php?t=69889

Al-Indunisiy

however akhi for you i got to say evolution isn't exactly kuffar to believe in.what is in contradiction to islam is not the theory istelf but the foolisht predictions about "man" by the one who formulated this theory.

beliving in a theory which is based on natural observations and studies is NOT kuffar.theory of evolution does not contradicts islam if you follow it for beings other then man.it only the man evolved from ape prediction of darwin based on his theory that is in contradiction to Quran which says:

QUOTE]

How about this alternative:
We seperate our Islamic beliefs from scientific knowledge. That way you can still be sound in Aqeedah AND be objective/honest about the current scientific concensus.

Seeking Allah's Mercy

Qul HuwaAllahu Ahud!

We seperate our Islamic beliefs from scientific knowledge. That way you can still be sound in Aqeedah AND be objective/honest about the current scientific concensus.

:wasalam:wa rahmatullahi wa barakatuhu.

unless there is a strong backup to your point i stand by what i say!akhi we already discussed it on another thread.i tried to make myself clear back then and you never answered as to what i should do:)

if you don't like science DOESNOT mean a part of your religion has nothing to do with it!!:)

glad tiding my brother.hope you can answer this time,i'll post the link to the thread.just lemmeknow:)

jazakallah khairan

kayleigh

There's nothing in Islam that strictly says you can't believe in many of the parts of evolution. If you're trying to give him dawah, why bother addressing evolution? It's rather unimportant. Belief in God is more important. You should be focusing on teaching him about Islam, not bothering with things like that.

ahmed_indian

to Allah we belong

wa alaikum salaam

how and why?

how can a muslim at the same time believe that Allah created man with His own hands (for sound aqeedah) and also that man came from ape *to be so-called honest with scientific research*?

will it not be hypocrisy?