Dawah

Musalmaan

Salaam Everyone.

I'm new to this site and have a question to ask. Is Dawah i.e. calling people to Islam fard in Islam? I've heard that a muslim can believe in the oneness of Allah, that he alone is worthy of worship, believe in his Prophets and Messengers, pray 5 times a day, fast in the month of Ramadaan, pay zakaat, undertake Hajj etc. etc. but if he or she does not do dawah they cannot enter heaven?

Also, if this is the case how can an average Muslim i.e. someone who is not a Dr Zakir Naik or a Yusuf Estes carry out Dawah?

I was born a Muslim and must admit that I haven't practiced the religion as well as I should. But ever since Ramadan this year I've started praying 5 times a day again and I intend very much to keep it that way for the rest of my days.

However, I was very surprised when I heard about the possibility that Jannah is forbidden to even the most practising of Muslims if they do not do Dawah.

Thankyou:)

alf2

Islam is a way of life
I think every Muslim should be willing to do Dawah on even the most basic level, IE: Explaining the 5 pillars, saying what Muslims believe about Isa *peace be upon him*, things like that.

But i think most non-Muslims are only concerned with the same issues: Women's rights, terrorism, and Aisha (may allah be pleased with her) They call those the "real issues" They dont really care about Salat or Zakah or even that we believe in Isa (pbuh)

Its quite disheartening considering that Islam is more than those 3 things and there is so much cool things they could learn :/

Musalmaan

:salam2: brother
i think you heard from someone who participates in tablighi jamaat. am i correct?

No.

I've read about it in bits and pieces here and there. Also, there was a question and answer session by Zakir Naik in which he also states that Dawah is Fard.

I haven't read/heard anything concrete though i.e. From the Quran or Sunnah.

Parvaiz

:salam2:
Brother concerning Islam needs authentication which is Quran and hadith.Reading articles is not that safe as many include false information to complete their task.If you can link to mr zakir naik video it will be beneficial.

Secondly Allah - the Most High “Say: This is my path. I call to Allâh upon sure knowledge.” [Yoosuf 12:108]
The tafsir of the verse is that anyone willing to do dawah should do it when they have knowledge.Its not necessarily that he should know complete quran.As by the saying of Prophet Muhammed in sahih Bukharee Convey from me, even if it is one verse

Coming to the point earlier ,Allah says “And do not say, concerning that which your tongues falsely put forward, ‘This is lawful and this is forbidden,’ so as to invent lies against Allâh. Indeed, those who invent lies against Allâh will never prosper.” [an-Nahl 16:116-117]
There is only one case under which paradise is forbidden and Allah has clearly mentioned it "Shirk"

I will InshAllah ask some shaikhs on this matter so they can collaborate more on it .But as far as acceptance in paradise come Allah will forgive anything ,even if you go to him with sins up to the sky and do not associate partners with him he will forgive it,and allow you into paradise.

muslimshabs

walaikum salaam and welcome to the family...

Dawa Concepts
Dawa is an obligatory duty (Fard) for all Muslims. Here is a verse from the Quran which proves it.

"Here are some references from the Quran which prove dawa is a duty of all Muslims:

Invite (all) to the Way of your Lord with wisdom and beautiful preaching; and reason with them in ways that are best and most gracious: surely your Lord best knows those who go astray from His path, and He knows best those who follow the right way." (Quran 16:125)

Dawa is an obligatory duty (Fard) for all Muslims. Here is a verse from the Quran which proves it.

"And it is thus that We appointed you to be the community of the middle way, so that you might be witnesses before all mankind and the Messenger might be a witness before you." (Quran 2:143)

"You are now the best people brought forth for (the guidance and reform of) mankind. You enjoin what is right and forbid what is wrong and believe in Allah." (Quran 3:110)

"Who is better in speech than one who calls (people) to Allah, works righteousness, and says, "I am of those who bow in Islam"? The good deed and the evil deed are not alike. Repel the evil deed with one which is better: Then will he between whom and thee was hatred become as it were your friend and intimate! And no one will be granted such goodness except those who exercise patience and self-restraint,- none but persons of the greatest good fortune." (Quran 41:33-35)

"I swear by the time,

Most surely man is in loss,

Except those who believe and do good, and enjoin on each other Truth, and enjoin on each other endurance." (Quran 103:1-3)

Dawah is obligation but If a practising muslim does it by actions and by making other non muslims to get interested in learning about the powerful religion, that makes him a real human being...

"Actions Speak More Than Words"

wallahu alam...

your-sister

Assalaamu alaikum wa rahmatullaah!

^Brother Muslimshabs, what exactly do you mean by saying '...a practicing Muslim does it by actions...'?

Brother, nowadays some of our "da'ees" fail to remember this particular ayah when giving da'wah, "yaa ayyuha-al-ladheena aamanuu lima taqooloona maa laa tafcaluun?" O you who believe, WHY do you say which You(yourself) do NOT do?!

They're telling people to do good but they aren't even doing it themselves. That's a sign of hypocrisy(May Allaah save us from the torment He prepared for such people(munaafiqs)) Wal 'iyaadhu billaah! If you do end up going out and about to give da'wah, Practice what you preach, Insha'Allah!

And may I just add that whomever told you that just because you didn't spread Allaah's deen(even if you fulfilled your main obligations(i.e. Following the pillars of Islam in the correct manner )), Allaah will deprive you of entering Jannah made a false claim, subhanallah! What of the hadeeth in which our prophet(sallahu alaihi wa sallam) said, on the day of account, if our prayers(salaah) are accepted then everything else after it will be accepted as well...

your-sister

Brother, parvais.

Actually, even the Mushrikoons are forgiven. If they repent that is. Because Allaah 'azza wa jall says, "..Inna-Allaaha yaghfirudh-dhunuuba jamee'a.." and many times in the Qur'aan he says "..Innahu huwal ghafuuru-Raheem"

Allaah SWT forgives ALL sins. Big or small. He's Oft-forgiving, Most Merciful! Praise be to Him alone!

Parvaiz

Sister i mean mushriks also.I guess i should had mentioned it.If Mushrik repents to Allah before he dies Allah may forgive him.only rule which mushrik not been forgiven is if the person dies without repenting.

Musalmaan

Thanks for you're answers everyone. To the person who asked me whether I can upload the video in which Dr Naik specifically says that without Dawah one cannot enter Jannah, I have been trying to find the video again on you tube but its proving difficult. I should have saved it the moment I found it. I'll continue to look and try and post it here.

I will InshAllah ask some shaikhs on this matter so they can collaborate more on it

It would be a huge help if you could brother. Thankyou.

muslimshabs

Assalaamu alaikum wa rahmatullaah!

^Brother Muslimshabs, what exactly do you mean by saying '...a practicing Muslim does it by actions...'?

Brother, nowadays some of our "da'ees" fail to remember this particular ayah when giving da'wah, "yaa ayyuha-al-ladheena aamanuu lima taqooloona maa laa tafcaluun?" O you who believe, WHY do you say which You(yourself) do
NOT do?!

walaikum salaam sister...

Actually I was trying to say the same thing...

A practicing muslim(sincerely submitted his will to Allah) has a unique lifestyle and impressive personality that impresses the people whom Allah wishes to be guided,,, In this way He makes dawah by his actions...

And may I just add that whomever told you that just because you didn't spread Allaah's deen(even if you fulfilled your main obligations(i.e. Following the pillars of Islam in the correct manner )), Allaah will deprive you of entering Jannah made a false claim, subhanallah! What of the hadeeth in which our prophet(sallahu alaihi wa sallam) said, on the day of account, if our prayers(salaah) are accepted then everything else after it will be accepted as well...

I did not say that he will not enter the jannah... but I said that it is a duty on every muslim to correct mistakes if he knows the correct way and make dawah to non muslims... A muslim can,t stand there to see the ignorance of the people and do not inform about the real thing,,,

hope you got me now...:)