Dear Members...

Inquirer

Dear TTI members,

My name is Peter, I am a 25 year old white man, living on the North West coast of England, I am single and without children, and I am at the very, very beginning of my intrigue to learn about Islam, and maybe this will set me upon a path that will result in me one day becoming a Muslim.

I have absolutely everything to learn! I do hope you can be patient with me, as no doubt I will have many questions to ask, particularly about some of the terminology that is used, as I confess that I do not understand what some of the words mean (but I really want to learn).

I was very happy to find this community. I saw some videos here about English coverts to Islam, and these were very inspiring to me. It makes a very refreshing change to see Islam being depicted in such a positive manner.

I have a confession to make. I used to be incredibly prejudiced regarding Islam, and I have had some terrible ideas about Islam in the past, but I think that this is largely due to the way I have been conditioned by the world around me, such as in the sensationalist media, who only ever present a frightening and blood-thirsty Islam. The things that I have read and seen here, totally counteract the image presented to me of Islam by the world around me. In my heart, it says, 'Here. This is what you have always been looking for!'. I do hope that what my heart tells me will be proved correct as I embark upon a voyage of discovery.

As to my background, I am a person that was born into a non-religious family, and yet, all of my life my mind has been turned towards the concept of the divine and how I might allow that essence to flow into my life. I have always been consumed by the questions of where I came from, why I am here, and where I am meant to be going. As such, it has often been terribly frustrating for me to not have a design for my life, such as religion offers, for I am a person to whom it is very important to have a devotional framework around which to weave the tapestry of my spiritual life, but as yet, and despite having searched, I have had no success in finding this. This is terribly frustrating to me, I have always been so lost, and I truly wish to find my way. I do hope that you can help me. This will be the first time that I have directly addressed Muslims with my intention to learn about this path. This in itself, is the taking of a first step.

Of all religious paths, Islam is the only one that, until now, I have completely overlooked, as Islam has been so demonised that my impression of it was very phobic. I hope that you can forgive me for the things that I have misunderstood, as from what I have seen, you appear to be good, sincere people.

I am ready to revolutionise my life, I think I am ready to open my heart to the teachings of Islam.

Joining this forum, and making myself known to you, is the first step that I have taken.

I do hope that I don't make a nuisance of myself with all the questions that I will have to ask.

Peace be upon you all. :)

Bawar

Struggling2Surrender
Welcome to TTI!

You are in the right place. God willing, you will see many things that were hidden from you so far.

And if you truly have the willingness to know the truth and have an open heart you will be enlightened.

Islam is none other than peace, submission to and acceptance of the lordship of only one God and that is Allah.

You may be intersted to know WHO IS ALLAH and so many other questions so please stay around and the doors of knowledge will open up on your face.

Peace

Mohsin

abdu'Allah
Welcome Peter,

It is really nice to have you with us. I hope you will find your stay beneficial and informing.

What you said about the purpose of life and questions like, 'where we came from and where we are heading to?' makes perfect sense and I would say this is very befitting for a human whom God have blessed with reason and logic to ask this.

God created us to worship him but gave us a free will to opt between his worship or its rejection. This whole life is a test, a mean to test who obeys him and do what he commanded us to do ( like believing in him and taking no partners with him and doing good deeds) or rejecting him and his commandments. This life is a test and the life after death which is endless is the place of the fruit of the choices we made in this life.

I request you to get a copy of the Quran and start reading a little from it everyday and ask God alone to open up the right path to you.

I am quoting few verses from the Quran below.
How can you disbelieve in Allâh? Seeing that you were dead and He gave you life. Then He will give you death, then again will bring you to life (on the Day of Resurrection) and then unto Him you will return. (28)
And to Allâh belongs the dominion of the heavens and the earth, and Allâh has power over all things. (189) Verily! In the creation of the heavens and the earth, and in the alternation of night and day, there are indeed signs for men of understanding. (190) Those who remember Allâh (always, and in prayers) standing, sitting, and lying down on their sides, and think deeply about the creation of the heavens and the earth, (saying): "Our Lord! You have not created (all) this without purpose, glory to You! (Exalted are You above all that they associate with You as partners). Give us salvation from the torment of the Fire. (191)
And it is He Who has made you generations coming after generations, replacing each other on the earth. And He has raised you in ranks, some above others that He may try you in that which He has bestowed on you. Surely your Lord is Swift in retribution, and certainly He is Oft-Forgiving, Most Merciful. (165)
Then surely, We shall question those (people) to whom it (the Book) was sent and verily, We shall question the Messengers. (6) Then surely, We shall narrate unto them (their whole story) with knowledge, and indeed We were not been absent. (7) And the weighing on that day (Day of Resurrection) will be the true (weighing)[]. So as for those whose scale (of good deeds) will be heavy, they will be the successful (by entering Paradise). (8) And as for those whose scale will be light, they are those who will lose their ownselves (by entering Hell) because they denied and rejected Our Ayât (proofs, evidences, verses, lessons, signs, revelations, etc.). (9) And surely, We gave you authority on the earth and appointed for you therein provisions (for your life). Little thanks do you give. (10)
Blessed is He in Whose Hand is the dominion, and He is Able to do all things. (1) Who has created death and life, that He may test you which of you is best in deed.[] And He is the All-Mighty, the Oft-Forgiving; (2)
Verily! We have made that which is on earth as an adornment for it, in order that We may test them (mankind) as to which of them are best in deeds.
And say: "The truth is from your Lord." Then whosoever wills, let him believe, and whosoever wills, let him disbelieve.
Has there not been over man a period of time, when he was not a thing worth mentioning? (1) Verily, We have created man from Nutfah (drops) of mixed semen (sexual discharge of man and woman), in order to try him, so We made him hearer and seer. (2) Verily, We showed him the way, whether he be grateful or ungrateful. (3)
Allâh! Lâ ilâha illa Huwa (none has the right to be worshipped but He), the Ever Living, the One Who sustains and protects all that exists. Neither slumber, nor sleep overtake Him. To Him belongs whatever is in the heavens and whatever is on earth. Who is he that can intercede with Him except with His Permission? He knows what happens to them (His creatures) in this world, and what will happen to them in the Hereafter . And they will never compass anything of His Knowledge except that which He wills. His Kursî[] extends over the heavens and the earth, and He feels no fatigue in guarding and preserving them. And He is the Most High, the Most Great. (255) There is no compulsion in religion. Verily, the Right Path has become distinct from the wrong path. Whoever disbelieves in Tâghût[] and believes in Allâh, then he has grasped the most trustworthy handhold that will never break. And Allâh is All-Hearer, All-Knower. (256) Allâh is the Walî (Protector or Guardian) of those who believe. He brings them out from darkness into light. But as for those who disbelieve, their Auliyâ (supporters and helpers) are Tâghût [false deities and false leaders], they bring them out from light into darkness. Those are the dwellers of the Fire, and they will abide therein forever. (see v.2:81,82) (257)

palestine

Servant of Allah
salam(peace), you know my heart is happy for you. i'm happy that there are those who are open minded like you and i wish everyone would open their eyes like you have. the past is the past my friend. no need to apologize. Becoming a Muslim will mean starting a clean pure new life. as you might know when people embrace islam there past is forgiven, even if they had killed a human being. i'm sure there are other muslims who are more knowledgeable then me so i'll let them talk. but as for me inshallah(God willing) i will try my best and help you. remember you made the right choice and Allah(God/ creator of the heavens and earth) does not forsake his servants( meaning mankind). may you be of help to the ummah( muslim nation). i'll be waiting for more of your posts.
sincerely, your soon to be sister in islam. salam.

A Kashmiri

Asallamu Alaikum ( May peace and blessings be on you)

Welcome brother to TTI, and inshallah ( God Willing) you will come to know more about islam as the day go.

I have read whole what you have written and believe me your story is not different that prophet Ibrahim when he used to ponder about the creator of this world and was searching for the creator and used to reason with different things around him.

I suggest you buy The Glorious Quran and read Surah Ibrahim and you will find answers to your questions.

May Allah show you the guidance .......

Masallama (May blessings be with you)

Min-Fadhli-Rabii

Hi Peter,
Thank you for studying Islam and also u are always welcome. My name is suleiman from Kenya
living in Manchester at the moment.

See u soon

massi

hi peter
you are very welcome in our family
ask what do you want to know ......just ask....anything......and don't hesitate about any question ...Islam is the truth ...Allaah guide you to the right path

:SMILY206::SMILY206::SMILY206::SMILY206::SMILY206::SMILY206:
:SMILY206::SMILY206::SMILY206:
:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:
:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:
:lol::lol::lol::lol:

nazir

Welcome Peter! I hope you find your stay here beneficial and that it helps you to understand who you truly are. There is no need to apologise to us about your previous negativity about Islam; the way this will be God Willing redressed is by understanding Islam as it really is, and find that it has the right 'thread' to weave into your spiritual tapestry. May Allah guide you, you have already embarked on your voyage, but be warned, the beauty of Islam is deeper than the seas, and you may drown in its love. And how beautiful is the one who adorns himself with the way of life from the Most Beautiful, Allah the Most High?
Take care my friend.
And peace be with you too

hager

Welcome

Welcome Peter
To TTI,

don't think of the past..the past 's already pass

think of now,..

Welcome again,ask anything u want...enjoy ur stay,,

and if u don't have kids...u have brothers/sisters here...

u're Safe now,U're with ur family..

Welcome to Islam..

Saidsaad

Salam ,
Welcome-1.jpg

welcome to TTI site, You can learn so much from this site. Keep looking forward and go for it.

curious89

Hello!

I can totally relate to how you felt before finding out about what Islam really is.

This website has helped me alot and God's will it will help you a lot too.

May Allah bless you

gazkour

Greetings of peace

Keep on reading, studying, analysing...you're in the right track! May Allah guide you and us all.

Just let us know when you find what you wish to find!

Best greetings of peace. :muslim_child:

Inquirer

Thankyou so much to all of you who have come to greet me. :SMILY126:

I am so grateful that I wanted to respond to each of you individually.

Hello Basicofislam,

Thankyou for your welcome, and for referring to me as 'brother', even though as yet I have so much to learn, as this is very comforting. At the beginning of your post, you say: :salam2: , and so may I ask of you, what does 'assalam' mean, and how does this differ to 'wasalam'?

Hello Podolski,

Thankyou for welcoming me, I hope that Allah can enlighten my heart and mind too, and so I must strive to keep my heart and mind open to Him, to come to understand His teaching. May I ask, what do you mean when you say, 'swt'?

Hello there Bawar,

Thankyou for your welcome also, and you are not far from me, the place I am is near Blackpool. Yes, I think I am in the right place. Surely, I was guided here by a benevolent power, I think by Allah. I do have willingness to learn of Truth, and yes, my heart is open to become enlightened. Yes, I am sure I will have a great many questions, and I see that this is a very good place to be. Peace to you also. Bless you.

Hello Moshin,

Thanks for your welcome, and for responding so thoughtfully. It was very kind of you to supply me with these references from the Qu'ran for my inspiration and acknowledgement.

I request you to get a copy of the Quran and start reading a little from it everyday and ask God alone to open up the right path to you

Moshin, I took your advice immediately. Today I went to buy myself my own Qu'ran. I know that I can read the Qu'ran online, but this doesn't feel very sacred, I needed my own little Qu'ran in order for it to feel personal and special, so that I have something that I can physically have at my side. It is fascinating. How on earth did I ever overlook this wonderful book. I think I have found something that I won't be able to forget. I will always keep the receipt for my buying of the Qu'ran, because it has printed upon it the date and time at which I acquired the holy book, and so this is a sacred moment that I want to remember.

So far, I have read the first book, obviously, as it is only very short, and now I am reading through the second book, that of 'The Heifer', and how very interesting this is! I must confess that there is some things that I do not understand but I am reading enthusiastically, and only stopped because I felt that it was time I came to respond to the good people who have come to welcome me here.

A wonderful thing I found, just after 'The Opening' and near the beginning of 'The Heifer', I found the answer to some things that I have misunderstood about Islam in the past, which had brought me fear and misunderstanding, as I had wondered upon the evil things that some people do in the name of Islam, and I found this:

Of the people there are some who say: 'We believe in Allah and the Last day', but they do not really believe. Fain would they deceive Allah and those who believe, but they only deceive themselves, and realise it not! In their hearts is a disease; and Allah has increased their disease; and grievous is the penalty they incur because they had lied to themselves. When it is said to them: 'Make not mischief on the earth.', they say, 'Why, we are only those who put things right!'. Of a surety, they are the ones who make mischief, but they realise it not. When it is said to them, 'Believe as the others believe.', they say, 'Shall we believe as the fools believe?' - No, of a surety, they are the fools, but they do not know. When they meet those who believe, they say: 'We believe.', but when they are alone with their evil ones they say, 'We are not really with you we were only jesting.'. Allah will throw back their mockery upon them, and give them rope in their trespasses; so will they wander like blind ones hither and thither. These are they that have bartered guidance for error: But their traffic is profitless, and they have lost true direction.'.

I was very happy to read this, because it swept away any lingering doubts I may have had as to Islam finding justification in acts of random brutality.

I want to memorise this passage by heart, because I find it really important. This is because as people come to discover that I am learning about Islam, and they find this strange and say things like, '..but are Muslims not those that spread their religion by the sword, and who blow themselves up and kill wrecklessly and mercilessly?'. I will be able to tell them exactly why this is not the case, and that it says so very early on in the Qu'ran, the word of Allah, transmitted to Mohammed via the agency of Gabriel.

(What book have the terrorists been reading?)

Thankyou Moshin, for your inspiration. :wink:

Hello Palestine,

Salam! Thankyou also.

i wish everyone would open their eyes like you have.

What I am seeing of true Islam, even the very little I have seen, is indeed beautiful. I am unsure as to why Allah is calling for me at this time, I will just seek to answer His call, and I hope that I can make Him happy - and be 100% happier within myself if I find what I have searched for my whole life.

Becoming a Muslim will mean starting a clean pure new life.

Thank God!

i will try my best and help you.

Thankyou, I do appreciate this. You are helping me already.

may you be of help to the ummah( muslim nation).

I do hope so, I would love to come to help dispel the misunderstanding and prejudice about Islam, but I as yet have so much learn and I am excited to embark upon this path.

Your soon to be brother in Islam. :)

Hello A. Kashmiri,

Asallamu Alaikum, to you also.

I have read whole what you have written and believe me your story is not different that prophet Ibrahim when he used to ponder about the creator of this world and was searching for the creator and used to reason with different things around him.

Then I shall endeavour to find out all about Ibrahim, and what I can learn from him, so thankyou for your inspiration.

I suggest you buy The Glorious Quran and read Surah Ibrahim and you will find answers to your questions.

I did find my own copy of the Quran today, and although I am only on the book of 'The Heifer', I feel I am learning a lot from it already. For example, I already know what I can quote to those who have misconceptions about what Islam represents, and this is a blessing to me, and very important I feel.

I will look up Surah Ibrahim.

Masallama.

Hello Suleiman,

Thank you for studying Islam and also u are always welcome.

Thankyou also for your welcome, like Bawal you are also not far from me.

Hello Massi,

Hehe! Thankyou for such a very, very happy welcome! :lol:

Hello there Nazir,

There is no need to apologise to us about your previous negativity about Islam; the way this will be God Willing redressed is by understanding Islam as it really is,

My misunderstandings are being redressed quite rapidly, even knowing as little as I do, and I cannot wait to learn more.

and find that it has the right 'thread' to weave into your spiritual tapestry.

Indeed, I feel that each of you are threads in the tapestry I shall come to weave, in being so kind to me in welcoming me as fondly as you have. I only wish that I had come to seek Islam sooner, but alas, only Allah knows why this was the right time, and I will answer His call, and you are all helping me to do this. This is a blessing for me and I am privelaged.

the beauty of Islam is deeper than the seas, and you may drown in its love.

Then bring on the waves! :wavyarms:

Hello Al-Muslimah,

Thankyou for your welcome, and I do feel I will enjoy it very much, as you are good, kind people.

Hello Hager,

and if u don't have kids...u have brothers/sisters here...

u're Safe now,U're with ur family..

I really appreciate these warm words, this is a great comfort. I thank you from the bottom of my heart.

Hello Saidsaat,

Thankyou for your warm welcome and for your encouragement.

Hello Curious,

I can totally relate to how you felt before finding out about what Islam really is.

It is good that you can relate to me, and we seem to have signed up with similar intentions, as you are 'Curious', and I am, 'Inquirer'.

I do think that this website will help me, as it has helped me already.

May Allah bless you also and thankyou for your greeting.

Hello Gazkour,

Oh I will, I will read, study and analyse, and that I promise to you all.

Just let us know when you find what you wish to find!

I have found something special already in being here.

God willing, and should my learning and understanding be good, and my path true and correct, you will know if I find what I wished to find, for you shall meet me in the afterlife - and so we will know then.

My heartfelt thanks to all of you. :)

Amirah84

Dear TTI members,

My name is Peter, I am a 25 year old white man, living on the North West coast of England, I am single and without children, and I am at the very, very beginning of my intrigue to learn about Islam, and maybe this will set me upon a path that will result in me one day becoming a Muslim.

I have absolutely everything to learn! I do hope you can be patient with me, as no doubt I will have many questions to ask, particularly about some of the terminology that is used, as I confess that I do not understand what some of the words mean (but I really want to learn).

I was very happy to find this community. I saw some videos here about English coverts to Islam, and these were very inspiring to me. It makes a very refreshing change to see Islam being depicted in such a positive manner.

I have a confession to make. I used to be incredibly prejudiced regarding Islam, and I have had some terrible ideas about Islam in the past, but I think that this is largely due to the way I have been conditioned by the world around me, such as in the sensationalist media, who only ever present a frightening and blood-thirsty Islam. The things that I have read and seen here, totally counteract the image presented to me of Islam by the world around me. In my heart, it says, 'Here. This is what you have always been looking for!'. I do hope that what my heart tells me will be proved correct as I embark upon a voyage of discovery.

As to my background, I am a person that was born into a non-religious family, and yet, all of my life my mind has been turned towards the concept of the divine and how I might allow that essence to flow into my life. I have always been consumed by the questions of where I came from, why I am here, and where I am meant to be going. As such, it has often been terribly frustrating for me to not have a design for my life, such as religion offers, for I am a person to whom it is very important to have a devotional framework around which to weave the tapestry of my spiritual life, but as yet, and despite having searched, I have had no success in finding this. This is terribly frustrating to me, I have always been so lost, and I truly wish to find my way. I do hope that you can help me. This will be the first time that I have directly addressed Muslims with my intention to learn about this path. This in itself, is the taking of a first step.

Of all religious paths, Islam is the only one that, until now, I have completely overlooked, as Islam has been so demonised that my impression of it was very phobic. I hope that you can forgive me for the things that I have misunderstood, as from what I have seen, you appear to be good, sincere people.

I am ready to revolutionise my life, I think I am ready to open my heart to the teachings of Islam.

Joining this forum, and making myself known to you, is the first step that I have taken.

I do hope that I don't make a nuisance of myself with all the questions that I will have to ask.

Peace be upon you all. :)

Hi Peter,

Firstly welcome to TTI. It's loveley to have you join the board and hopefully this community will be beneficial to yourself and help you gain new friends and knowledge of Islam.

I just wanted to thank you for your post. I just found it to be incredibly honest and respectful and a great insight to your view of Islam - before and after learning about the true Islam.

I live in the UK and can't help to wonder what people think of Islam and me on the tube, in Uni, at work etc. I've mostly encountered kind, open and sincere human beings and I find the majority of the british public to be very respectful and not as judgemental as the media portrays them to be. I don't think the media portrays the british publics opinions most times.

I don't know if any of the other brothers and sisters have asked in the replies above my post but I wanted to ask how you overcame your initial views of Islam. What made you want to look away from what the media was showing as the "truth" and learn about the true Islam?

I, as all of our brothers and sisters I am sure, are thrilled to have you join our community at TTI. I think we are going to learn alot from you, and hopefully you'll learn about Islam.

Wish you the best on your journey,

take care,

Amirah

Hello Peter,

Welcome to our global family. Inshallah (God willing) you will find TTI rewarding and resourceful.

Allah (God) starts at the beginning of the Quran by saying:

"This is the Book (the Quran) of guidance, whereof there is no doubt, to those who fear God (2:2)

"A book which We have revealed unto thee (Muhammad) that thereby thou mayst bring forth mankind from darkness unto light, by the permission of their Lord, unto the path of the Exalted in power, Worthy of all praise." (14:1)

I also recommend you watch these monumental documentaries:

http://www.turntoislam.com/forum/showthread.php?t=30339

http://www.turntoislam.com/forum/showthread.php?t=30415

May Allah give you guidance and truth.

All The Best,

TheHumbleWun

Mumin01

Im really happy about your decision man, your conversion not only increases your faith, but as well as ours ( other Muslims ) it shows us the basis of who we are and how our faith dominates the hearts and minds of Human beings

As Salamo Alekum

… Only in the remembrance of Allah can the heart find peace." (Qur'an, 13:28)

wantobeMumin

Brother peter, i read your post today and i felt like leaping forward and hugging the screen and call you my brother and tell you that we the muslim ummah which you will join someday (Inshallah..means Allah willingly) will help you when ever you will need us. Inshallah.
I am a born muslin and every day i seek to inspire myself with the beauty of Islam.and everyday i find something an article in new york times, a brother like you pouring your heart out, an idiot making an inti Islamic movie to offend us but end up making the true Islam known to those who question and say " i shall check it out myself in the quran!" By God every day there is inspiration everyday there is a bit more strength in eman ( belief). I truly wish you that you may seek solace and pure contentment with Allah. amen