death penalty for apostasy in Iran

cmelbouzaidi

:salam2: i don't look to iran as being a model islamic state for starters. also, aren't the rules clear that one cannot be subjected to the death penalty in shariah law just by simply leaving Islam? there have to be other far more sinister factors, from what i understand. i will look for some documentationn from a reliable source..... jihadwatch.... don't they spend their time simply trashing Islam?

:wasalam:

tolgatemur

So what does this hadith means:

“Kill the renegade!”
Nesei 7-8/14,Buhari 12/1883

i get it from internet when searching

Salaam,

We must be careful where & who we get our information from. We must be very very careful when reading information by a non-Muslim. They've spread propoganda and has lead many non-Muslims, including Muslims into believing false notions about Islam.

"O ye who believe! Take not into your intimacy those outside your ranks: They will not fail to corrupt you. They only desire your ruin: Rank hatred has already appeared from their mouths: What their hearts conceal is far worse. We have made plain to you the Signs, if ye have wisdom" (3:118)

IslamIsLight

Islam is my life
Staff member
Hi there
I removed the link.
That website is made by anti-islamists ,One of them is Robert Spencer ,who wrote several anti islamic books ..
Be careful where u taking your information from ...

TiLK

I recommand you to care also the content of the message, not only its source. I linked some certain information, not any analyze or someones opinion. When the bomb explodes in London and I write that there was an explosion in London, I am not judging, I am describing. Or do you want to say, that the information was a lie?

Here are 3 more websites informing about the same event.
REMOVED

I am not the right one to explain what the idea of this website is. But I say that in my opinion one of the reasons why this website exists is to spread informations about Islam for non-muslims as well as for muslims. What kind of message do you think you are sending to non-muslims, when you are deleting messages about controversial events in Islamic world instead o discussing them?

Zaynab123

Subhana Allah!
I recommand you to care also the content of the message, not only its source. I linked some certain information, not any analyze or someones opinion. When the bomb explodes in London and I write that there was an explosion in London, I am not judging, I am describing. Or do you want to say, that the information was a lie?

Here are 3 more websites informing about the same event.
http://www.christianpost.com/articl...-approves-death-penalty-for-apostasy-bill.htm
http://infidelsarecool.com/2008/09/15/iran-parliament-passes-death-penalty-for-apostasy-bill/
http://www.khaleejtimes.com/darticl.../middleeast_July44.xml&section=middleeast&col

I am not the right one to explain what the idea of this website is. But I say that in my opinion one of the reasons why this website exists is to spread informations about Islam for non-muslims as well as for muslims. What kind of message do you think you are sending to non-muslims, when you are deleting messages about controversial events in Islamic world instead o discussing them?

hi there

it's removed because its anti-sialmic webiste and i'm pretty sure we are not hiding the truth. anti-islamic sites only spread lies about islam and muslims and that is not welcome in here. besdies if the discussion starts then there is chance that arguments can start aloso. i'm not trying to offend you or anyone esle but that's inapproptiate for this site. if you want to learn islam then this site should be helpful for you and stop posting those links,please.
THIS SITE IS FOR TO HELP PEOPLE UNDERSTAND ISLAM AND MUSLIMS BETTER!

PEACE:)

Amir_of_spain

info

Asalam wailkium

From what i remember from a islamic lecture, our modern day view of apostasy slightly differs from the time of the sahabah's. Today's term, apostasy simlpy means to leave one's religion most like for another religion, however during the time of the sahabah it was understood to be abandoning the believers (muslims) and joining the disbelievers and in helping them against the muslim army or state. Thus it was considered as treason and such a person was executed because their actions threatened the safety of the muslims during battles and signed treaties. Hence the hadith says if a believer abandons their religion execute them.

Again from what i heard, there is no compulsion in religion, you can't force someone to accept Islam because this is a matter which is decided by the heart. However if one did leave Islam and merely kept a low profile i.e. didn't have any hatred or practically turned against Islam or the muslim community then it would be ok i.e. no execution as no treason has been committed against the state or the muslims. However if that individual decided to launch a crusade against the prophet and the believers then his or hers action would then fall under the sahabah's view i.e. treason against the state as that person has now became a enemy towards the state/community.

From what i analysed, apostates (ex muslims) useless leave islam because they have had bad experiences with muslims specifically from early on from their parents or partners, or that they lack basic knowledge or 3rdly, they're basically too weak and decide to give up and adopt a easier religion which involves less practise i.e. worship. I chatted to a Iranian sister once and she told me in Iran they basically get forced to practise religion without any explanation's, also there is alot of emphasis on harsh behaviour coming from their clerics which has put off the new generation she said.

I hope this info sheds new light on this topic.

TiLK

hi there
it's removed because its anti-sialmic webiste and i'm pretty sure we are not hiding the truth. anti-islamic sites only spread lies about islam and muslims and that is not welcome in here. besdies if the discussion starts then there is chance that arguments can start aloso. i'm not trying to offend you or anyone esle but that's inapproptiate for this site. if you want to learn islam then this site should be helpful for you and stop posting those links,please.
THIS SITE IS FOR TO HELP PEOPLE UNDERSTAND ISLAM AND MUSLIMS BETTER!
PEACE:)

I wont repeat myself.
I recommand you to care also the content of the message, not only its source.
Something has happen. Many websites informed about it. Especially those, who can use it for their purposes, but that is not the case I wanted to talk about. I offer us to chat about the background of websites in some other place. But not in here.

cmelbouzaidi gave us nice post that could be hidden by this "out of topic" talks. The link he offered explains, that there is no support in sharia for the law that Iran established this summer. Do you agree? Do you disagree? I am pleased to hear opinions. But if you dont have anything to say, please guys dont talk OT.

IslamIsLight

Islam is my life
Staff member
What kind of message do you think you are sending to non-muslims, when you are deleting messages about controversial events in Islamic world instead o discussing them?[/B]

Hi

I deleted it for a reason ,it is anti islamic web site with falsh and made up information about Islam and Muslims .If you want to believe it ,go ahead believe it ,but I won't let spreading lies about my religion ...There are a lot of people who act in the name of Islam ,but what they do has nothing to do with Islam or its teachings .If you want to learn Islam sincerely then please learn it from the right sources and dont let the media or those kind of web sites fool you ..
In addition Iran is mostly shia ,you can use the search engine on this site to find more information...

Samandar

:salam2:

in Iran the plastic surgery is allowed. they have allowed plastic surgery when it goes against Islam.

TiLK

Hi

I deleted it for a reason ,it is anti islamic web site with falsh and made up information about Islam and Muslims .If you want to believe it ,go ahead believe it ,but I won't let spreading lies about my religion
Are you saying that information I posted is a lie? Dont fool around and answer. Because if yes, you can check it anywhere on the web and you will see it is a truth. There nothing else I posted there, only this one certain information about an event in Iran. Understood?

cmelbouzaidi

Asalam wailkium

From what i remember from a islamic lecture, our modern day view of apostasy slightly differs from the time of the sahabah's. Today's term, apostasy simlpy means to leave one's religion most like for another religion, however during the time of the sahabah it was understood to be abandoning the believers (muslims) and joining the disbelievers and in helping them against the muslim army or state. Thus it was considered as treason and such a person was executed because their actions threatened the safety of the muslims during battles and signed treaties. Hence the hadith says if a believer abandons their religion execute them.

Again from what i heard, there is no compulsion in religion, you can't force someone to accept Islam because this is a matter which is decided by the heart. However if one did leave Islam and merely kept a low profile i.e. didn't have any hatred or practically turned against Islam or the muslim community then it would be ok i.e. no execution as no treason has been committed against the state or the muslims. However if that individual decided to launch a crusade against the prophet and the believers then his or hers action would then fall under the sahabah's view i.e. treason against the state as that person has now became a enemy towards the state/community.

From what i analysed, apostates (ex muslims) useless leave islam because they have had bad experiences with muslims specifically from early on from their parents or partners, or that they lack basic knowledge or 3rdly, they're basically too weak and decide to give up and adopt a easier religion which involves less practise i.e. worship. I chatted to a Iranian sister once and she told me in Iran they basically get forced to practise religion without any explanation's, also there is alot of emphasis on harsh behaviour coming from their clerics which has put off the new generation she said.

I hope this info sheds new light on this topic.

:salam2: I concur with brother Amir of Spain and with the article I posted earlier. It is not that I personally doubt that Iran intends to bring in a death penalty for apostasy but I do not gage what is Islamic by what goes on in the Republic of Iran by any stretch of the imagination! Brother or sister TilK, you don't have to be defensive about the information you posted, but jihadwatch is an anti-islamic website and everyone knows that. However, if you are looking to discuss the issue with a non-muslim who finds this issue horrifying, seek guidance from the fact that there is no call for death penalty for apostasy in the Holy Qur'an and that there is a big difference between one leaving Islam because one has found it is not the path for them for whatever reason, :astag:, and one leaving Islam to plot and kill and call others to attack and justify the murder of innocent Muslims. And Allah knows best :)

:wasalam:

xSharingan01x

TraVeLer
What is yout opinion about it:

removed

No disrespected intended, but you and your topics that the West love to stir up discussions about are quite annoying. I've not seen you post to any other subject, save the controversial ones. Are you purposely trying to cause fitnah or you're sincerely asking? I doubt it's the latter.

Skywalker

As-salamo'alaikum,

I think enough explaination has been given regarding the matter.

We can't go and censor every site nor do we want to do that.

@TiLK
Nobody is shying from anything. Even if you bring controversial topics we will answer you and remember we will answer you good.

It all depends on how you see things. Please keep in mind there is good and bad people in every community, and that is why we have laws. Laws are there to bring order. Whatever is happening in Iran doesn't reflects the true face of Islam even if you believe that your news is correct(though most of the people here doubt it and I agree with them).

Please have an open mindset. Try to look at things in a rational manner.

@Sister aisha

With power comes responsibility. I hope you got the drift.

P.S- No offence intended.

yusuf_pal

APOSTASY IN ISLAM

What a muslim nation does or what muslims do, whether true or not, is not representative of ISLAM.

ISLAM is represented by the Qur'an and Sunnah, the example of our beloved Prophet(pbuh).

ISLAM is a religion of immense tolerance and mercy.

DEALING WITH APOSTASY

The Qur'an expects us to deal with apostates like other kuffar. Therefore the Qur`anic guidance for dealing with the apostates is essentially the same as its guidance for dealing with other kuffar. Briefly, this guidance is that we should treat them according to the degree of friendship or hostility they show to Islam and Muslims. To translate this into more specific guidance we can divide apostates in three categories and see how each category is to be treated:

1) An apostate leaves Islam because of ignorance of Islam or some confusion that leads him to think that his new religion or way is truer and better. Such a person will be willing to listen to the Muslims if they want to show him that he has made a mistake. The Muslims should treat him kindly and argue with him in the best possible way. (60:8, 16:125). But Muslims should be careful not to show him more kindness than they show to other Muslims, for, otherwise the apostate may be encouraged to stay an apostate.

2) An apostate leaves Islam, not out of a belief that he is moving to something truer and better, but to satisfy some of his worldly desires, e. g., to get greater importance or more comfortable life or greater acceptance of his lifestyle such as homosexual lifestyle. A sign of such an apostate is that he shows little inclination to listen to any reasoning. If such an apostate does not engage in any hostile activity against Islam and Muslims, he should not be subjected to any active hostility (4:90).

But since he has clearly preferred kufr over iman the following commandment of God will apply:

O you who believe! Do not take for friends and allies (even) your fathers and your brothers if they love disbelief more than faith: if any of you do so, they are the wrong doers. (9:23)

According to some traditions “this ayah was revealed concerning those nine men who after apostasy went to Makkah”.

Beyond avoiding friendship and alliance with apostates of this second type, the Muslims can impose boycott against them, since such boycott was imposed by the Prophet on the three Companions mentioned in 9:118. These three Companions did not commit apostasy but simply failed to join the Muslims in jihad without a good reason.

3) The third type of apostate is one who leaves Islam and then engages in hostile actions against Islam and Muslims, e.g. knowingly engages in propaganda against Islam and Muslims blatantly ignoring facts that he is expected to know well, passes secrets to the enemy, takes part in fighting against the Muslims. Such an apostate can be punished by anything from exile to death.

So, death penalty is only for those apostates who engage in hostility, pass secrets and fight against the muslims.

TiLK

No disrespected intended, but you and your topics that the West love to stir up discussions about are quite annoying. I've not seen you post to any other subject, save the controversial ones. Are you purposely trying to cause fitnah or you're sincerely asking? I doubt it's the latter.

Skywalker said:
As-salamo'alaikum,

I think enough explaination has been given regarding the matter.

We can't go and censor every site nor do we want to do that.

@TiLK
Nobody is shying from anything. Even if you bring controversial topics we will answer you and remember we will answer you good.

It all depends on how you see things. Please keep in mind there is good and bad people in every community, and that is why we have laws. Laws are there to bring order. Whatever is happening in Iran doesn't reflects the true face of Islam even if you believe that your news is correct(though most of the people here doubt it and I agree with them).

Please have an open mindset. Try to look at things in a rational manner.

@Sister aisha

Out of topic. No comment - you can chat in another thread (but thanks for support Skywalker)

IslamIsLight

Islam is my life
Staff member
Hi there
Be respectfull please..
Im not hiding anything from anyone ,I just don't like the spread of wrong information and hate about my religion...

@Sister aisha

Everyone of us is responsible ,when others spread hate about our religion ...

AleahKoto

Allah will decide
THE Best Source....

Read the Quran. Muhammed (pbuh) said there is NO COMPULSION IN RELIGION. The Quran says nothing about killing apostates, only in Hadith will you find that.