deeper meanings in the Quran

beyonder

i understand that the quran can only truly be known of your can read and understand arabic.

i have seen claims that certain words in the quran have many meanings and the meanings fit and others do not.

people have made claims that jinn and some passages on about them, that if a different meaning for in a single word in the passage is used that the understandings of their nature make them so evil that tasfeer on them would make them so feared and loathed that the scolars are forced to understate the degree of their evil influances on some people such as leaders of political power and that the violance passages in the quran are speaking of actually the danger they are to humans and that people that worship the jinn or are undertheir control are so dangerous that muslims could really and seriously freak out about the jinn and the conspiring nature of the jinn and their control of the world powers.

also it is claimed that passages about earths creation and about passage about rain fall are linked to the asteroid belt that shields hte distructive rays of the sun and that the science in the quran is so deep that if a scientist could see that devine nature of the quran. it would seem that the science in the quran that is seen currently is a fraction of the science in the quran. i believe it is possible that people would claim islam to learn the secrets in the quran and use it for evil because the jinn barly understand the quran that it was revealed in such a way that the true meaning of the passsages stating that Allah (SWT) says he decieves in the quran to protect us from the hypocrites and keep those away that do not love him, like when it says are made deaf, blind and dumb, to preserve the deen to keep those that would hear the other deeper meanings and confuse muslims so much that they could be pulled away from islam.

lets say that the people that claim that jinn are aliens and all that, is actually true so much so that people would fear jinn so much they may worship them out of fear for their lives and forget the simple and true messages in the quran that prayer and following the deen will protect them and when we are good muslims we are protected even though jinn do control that junky mugged that may run by you to take your wallet or purse.

like political addictions, we are muslims governments and law enforcement claims to protect us they are not really the ones doing the protecting but their actions that are to protect us are due to allahs (swt) control one them and guides people to become protectors and guides thier actions too protect and serve.
i know all action is from Allah (swt) command and that we have freewill but we are also guided to helping people and saying the right things at the right times..

so is the qurans deeper meanings to profound that ignorance can distort peoples understandings so the deepest meanings of the quran are seen by a few and taught to use in ways our simple minds can understand?

ahmed_indian

to Allah we belong
:salam2:,

brother leave all this. Allah sent Quran to recite and practice.

so try to follow Quranic principles in life. this is needed for peaceful life and particularly in life after death.

dont think too much over deeper meanings of Quran.

beyonder

:salam2:,

brother leave all this. Allah sent Quran to recite and practice.

so try to follow Quranic principles in life. this is needed for peaceful life and particularly in life after death.

dont think too much over deeper meanings of Quran.

WHY? i find this to be a non answer, a demand and just a complaint. if what you said was true and reasonable (it is not) islam would not have the following it does.

if i wanted answers like that i would ask a non-muslim about the Quran only to be told just read the bible, go to church, worship and pray

i would go to a sufi and get some shirk and kafir disguised as islam. wquld you like that?
when muslims do not get answers they stray into dida and shirk and muslims like you think your helping me by being dismissal about my questions.

your line of thinking is against islam. it is questions like that that make the quran be seen for it's truth and the bible as so simple and not worthy of serious consideration. you give weak unsound advice and disrespect inquiry that is sad. i am surprised someone has not told you such.

serious learning of the bible would lead people to islam because it lacks depth and you want me to not inqure about the depth of the quran? i think you need to wonder about such things because non-muslim do that and then you could lead them to the quran.

only when i read of sufism did i reject something so hard and so much. sufi was everything about Hinduism, paganism, Judaism and Christianity i disliked. so do not think i am asking about some hidden meanings to hear some some mystical superstitious sufi weirdness. :SMILY47:

not happy with your reply.

LaLa09

♥Amor vincit omnia♥
i understand that the quran can only truly be known of your can read and understand arabic.

i have seen claims that certain words in the quran have many meanings and the meanings fit and others do not.

people have made claims that jinn and some passages on about them, that if a different meaning for in a single word in the passage is used that the understandings of their nature make them so evil that tasfeer on them would make them so feared and loathed that the scolars are forced to understate the degree of their evil influances on some people such as leaders of political power and that the violance passages in the quran are speaking of actually the danger they are to humans and that people that worship the jinn or are undertheir control are so dangerous that muslims could really and seriously freak out about the jinn and the conspiring nature of the jinn and their control of the world powers.
also it is claimed that passages about earths creation and about passage about rain fall are linked to the asteroid belt that shields hte distructive rays of the sun and that the science in the quran is so deep that if a scientist could see that devine nature of the quran. it would seem that the science in the quran that is seen currently is a fraction of the science in the quran. i believe it is possible that people would claim islam to learn the secrets in the quran and use it for evil because the jinn barly understand the quran that it was revealed in such a way that the true meaning of the passsages stating that Allah (SWT) says he decieves in the quran to protect us from the hypocrites and keep those away that do not love him, like when it says are made deaf, blind and dumb, to preserve the deen to keep those that would hear the other deeper meanings and confuse muslims so much that they could be pulled away from islam.

lets say that the people that claim that jinn are aliens and all that, is actually true so much so that people would fear jinn so much they may worship them out of fear for their lives and forget the simple and true messages in the quran that prayer and following the deen will protect them and when we are good muslims we are protected even though jinn do control that junky mugged that may run by you to take your wallet or purse.

like political addictions, we are muslims governments and law enforcement claims to protect us they are not really the ones doing the protecting but their actions that are to protect us are due to allahs (swt) control one them and guides people to become protectors and guides thier actions too protect and serve.
i know all action is from Allah (swt) command and that we have freewill but we are also guided to helping people and saying the right things at the right times..

so is the qurans deeper meanings to profound that ignorance can distort peoples understandings so the deepest meanings of the quran are seen by a few and taught to use in ways our simple minds can understand?

First you would have to look at who is making those claims and if they are credible enough to make those claims. I don't understand when you say "when a different word is used" the whole point of the Quran is to preserve it so that words aren't messed up. Also the scientific facts in the Quran are amazing but i've been pondering on this a while and have come to the conclusion that technology has to advance in order for us to understand the marvels in the Quran. Like they say hindsight is 20/20. In my opinion i think that instead of people using it for evil they would come to the truth and accept Islam for themselves, a great example is (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0IspK651RpY) and many others. Allah cannot "deceive" us because it's stated clearly in the Quran,"Verily this Qur'an doth guide to that which is most right, and giveth the glad tidings to the Believers who work deeds of righteousness, that they shall have a magnificent reward (17:9)" That's only one quote of many, Allah does not deceive the believers.

IHearIslam

make dua 4 ma finals
Assalamu Alaikum,

I would like to remind all of us that we should be RESPECTIFUL of each other inshaAllah.

you give weak unsound advice and disrespect inquiry that is sad. i am surprised someone has not told you such.
O you who believe! Let not a group scoff at another group, it may be that the latter are better than the former; Nor let (some) women scoff at other women, it may be that the latter are better than the former, Nor defame one another, nor insult one another by nicknames. How bad is it, to insult one's brother after having Faith [i.e. to call your Muslim brother (a faithful believer) as: "O sinner", or "O wicked"]. And whosoever does not repent, then such are indeed Zâlimûn (wrong-doers). 49:10
so do not think i am asking about some hidden meanings to hear some some mystical superstitious sufi weirdness
O you who believe! Avoid much suspicion, indeed some suspicions are sins. And spy not, neither backbite one another. Would one of you like to eat the flesh of his dead brother? You would hate it (so hate backbiting)[] .49:10
Brother inshaAllah a good dicussion can come from this, but lets all remember we're brothers and sisters in Islam and we should be respectiful of each other.
Think about how the Sahaba would deal with this if they had such questions..........
Islam is all about love,kindess,and brotherhood:D
so inshaAllah lets remember to be good to one another..

ahmed_indian

to Allah we belong
WHY? i find this to be a non answer, a demand and just a complaint. if what you said was true and reasonable (it is not) islam would not have the following it does.

not happy with your reply.

maybe u took it wrong. :)

i mean that we must follow Quranic principles to prepare for Hereafter and not wht many ppl are doing nowadays like trying to get secret of number 19 or finding wht Alif laam meen / ya seen means or worse like jumbling Quranic words to practice black magic.

thas wht i mean to be away frm this.

hana*

i agree with sister amatuAllah, please respect one another. yes the Quran is best understood in arabic, as that was the language it was revealed. and yes the Quran can have deep meanings that may not fully be understood, for this reason we have tafseer, this is an explanation of the verses of the Quraan, and ibn Katheer has done this so beautifully. i wish everyone here understood arabic, to know the true beauty of Allahs words. on saying that however, arabic-speaking people still need tafseer to know what were the reasons why particular verses were revealed and what were they in relation to

:wasalam:

hana*

al-muslimah, was the last entry speaking to me? if so, alhamdulilah i can speak and read arabic well, my writing isnt so great tho but alhamdulilah and you?

a_muslimah86

Hubbi Li Rabbi
Staff member
al-muslimah, was the last entry speaking to me? if so, alhamdulilah i can speak and read arabic well, my writing isnt so great tho but alhamdulilah and you?

:) no ukhti the last post was not addressed to you...it's addressed to brother beyonder...but alhamdulillah that you know Arabic I'm sure it makes reading the Qura'an all the more special...

beyonder

finally i actually received some input. the first short reply sounded very trite, in my opinion i was blunt but not insulting, that is my style i have no real worry about how i addressed the reply. it was the lack of detail that i did not like and i told him how it sounded to me and how i would react if someone asked a question as such and was told something so short. i think that lack of questions of the quran is why islam has problems today. i look at the Quran like it asks me to look at all religion. that is why i find sufi and hadith troublesome and at times weak others against islam and quran. this attitude of respect for stories beyond the quran can lead to bida because someone says mostly proper things does not mean everything the person says is proper or correct.
look at hadiths against dogs. it is weak hadith and is illogical and ignorant to even consider it as true or worthy of attention. the fact is dogs saliva is cleaner then human saliva and does in fact have medicinal value and can clean wounds if one is in a situation proper medical treatment is unavalible and where infection could quickly come.

the person who wrote them was basically a dog hater and it has cause so much evil against dogs. It is silly and mere superstition plus compared to the fact that cats are very filthy animals and make dogs to be perfected as pets. cats have more disease attached to them then dogs and i would have a dog before i would have a cat in my home. cats around pregnant women are the cause of many problems for babes in the womb and small children. i have heard more and read more facts against cats then dogs. in light of modern medicine dogs rarely have worms, diseases or parasites that can harm humans in anyway. cats carry them and no pill or remedy can cure cats of the sickness they cause i personally think that cats should not be house pets and are of no value in the home. dogs are better at protecting homes from pests and can protect a home. what do cats do? nothing what so ever and are not nice creatures and will return to their Ferrel state quickly, where as dogs do not become Ferrel no matter how long they have been inpendant and most do not survive with out human kindness. cats do not need humans at all do not fully domesticate.

this is why i question things in light of modern life and knowledge.

no i do not know arabic and am considering the study that is why i asked the question. i do not know of this 19 thing beyond a brief google search.
i did see sites that speak of quran only and that idea is easy to accept since we all know the horrors of talmud and what the jews and christians did to their bibles. besides the quran it self does say it bears it's own weight and tasfir is only necessary for people that do not understand common arabic of the time of the qurans writing or know of the history of the jews and christians. most of the commentaries if find to unnecessary in the english qurans i have. the quidani commentaries i found unappropriated and unsound enough that i actually just shelved it after a light reading. what a mess and i am by no means an expert. sorry but no one is beyond question in my opinion i do not care if 99.6 of muslims accept an opinon i am not going to jump off the bridge with them if my reasoning says to avoid it. i did not quite get the point of what one of you said about my dislike for sufis and their ideas.

beyonder

Assalamu Alaikum,

I would like to remind all of us that we should be RESPECTIFUL of each other inshaAllah.

O you who believe! Let not a group scoff at another group, it may be that the latter are better than the former; Nor let (some) women scoff at other women, it may be that the latter are better than the former, Nor defame one another, nor insult one another by nicknames. How bad is it, to insult one's brother after having Faith [i.e. to call your Muslim brother (a faithful believer) as: "O sinner", or "O wicked"]. And whosoever does not repent, then such are indeed Zâlimûn (wrong-doers). 49:10

O you who believe! Avoid much suspicion, indeed some suspicions are sins. And spy not, neither backbite one another. Would one of you like to eat the flesh of his dead brother? You would hate it (so hate backbiting)[] .49:10
Brother inshaAllah a good dicussion can come from this, but lets all remember we're brothers and sisters in Islam and we should be respectiful of each other.
Think about how the Sahaba would deal with this if they had such questions..........
Islam is all about love,kindess,and brotherhood:D
so inshaAllah lets remember to be good to one another..
great idea but i do not think it applies to sufis. LOL sorry i do not care if what a these sufi say how long have they been arond and where did they get their ideas? in light of quran i dislike them and scoff at them because i know they are wrong and they need to be told such. i am not going to call them kafir but that is not my call. i can only go by what i hear and read from them to know they are teach errors. go read some of that nashabandi golden chain stuff. i know a 11 year old that can defeat kabbani and his gang in a minute with one hand behind his back and a quran in the other to opposed to kabbanis mystical knowledge.

beyonder

If by "truly be known" you mean "Ta'weel" then only God knows it as He states in Chapter 3,
"It is He who has sent down to you [, O Muhammad,] the Book; in it are verses [that are] definitive - they are the mother of the Book - and others carry multiple meanings. As for those in whose hearts is deviation, they will pursue that of it which carries multiple meanings, seeking discord and seeking its ultimate interpretation. And no one knows its ultimate interpretation except God. But those established in knowledge say, "We believe in it. All [of it] is from our Lord." And no one remembers [that] except those of understanding minds." (3:7)
I think my english is too poor to communicate properly.. but i can see the point of what your saying.

weakslave

finally i actually received...

I will try to make this post short, but it is going to be difficult...

Your approach to understanding Islam is flawed. I will explain why.

Islam is the perfect religion, Allah has made it that way and He has chosen it for humanity from the time of Prophet Muhammad (SAAWS) until the end of time. Islam begins at the shahada and it ends where Allah puts the limit on your understanding.

How does one understand Islam?

You can look at Islam as you look at any other discipline. Math, Biology, Chemistry, Physics, etc. How does one begin learning math? Well you start with numbers, then you move on to operations such as addition, subtraction and so on. Then you move on to multiplication and division. Then formulas and algorithms.. matrices, differentiation, integration, then discreet and non-discreet mathematics, then abstract math and so on.

What am I referring to? Layers upon layers of knowledge and understanding. It takes time and effort to achieve greater and greater knowledge in any given field. You get to a certain point where you have to specialize, it becomes unrealistic for the human mind to absorb all the details of every area of mathematics in the given time frame (whether its for your masters, PhD or post doc).

Everyone respects these "rules". You cannot explain differential equations to a child 6 years of age. Why? Well he needs to go and learn the basics first! He needs to understand what numbers are, then what you can do with them and so on.

But when it comes to religion, you want to take one hadith or one verse of the Quran and base your beliefs on it? That kind of logic is questionable at best.

Every verse of the Quran, every authentic hadith is a piece of the puzzle. And the puzzle is Islam. Allaah did not leave us with any missing pieces, everything is there to complete the perfect "Islam" and produce the perfect "Muslim". Every piece of the puzzle adds meaning and information, and you cannot pick up one piece of the puzzle and stare at it like a fool trying to understand what it means on its own.

You must respect these "rules" of understanding as applied to any discipline when it comes to Islam as well. Islam is not a book you pick up and read for a few hours and you suddenly become an expert. Or turn on the radio and listen to one or two individuals talking about Islam.

Much like becoming a doctor, you cannot become a doctor by reading a book. Or two. Or a million books for that matter. There is procedure and there are rules.

And I am extremely offended by some of the words you use. I shouldn't be because I doubt you had ill intentions, but you cannot give "your opinion" on hadith and verses when all you are doing is picking up one or two piece of the puzzle and trying to understand the whole picture. It does not work like this and Allaah will never be pleased with such a mentality.

Why don't you go grab a book on physics, find the middle of the book and start arguing with the author about why he said this instead of that? Do you have enough knowledge to do this? Yet people have the guts and courage to do this to Islam and this is a great error.

On top of this, Allaah has given different individuals different understanding of religious matters. Just because you do not understand it doesn't mean that no one else does. Those who Allaah wishes He grants understanding to, and you must respect this. We operate at different levels of understanding and on top of this our knowledge is very limited. Hence we turn to respected scholars, whom Allaah has granted greater understanding, and greater knowledge.

Allaah has not left behind any confusion in this religion, except for those that are weak of heart and those who Allaah does not will to be guided. Allaah is our Lord, and Muhammad is our teacher. Look at what Allaah says in His holy book (the meaning of the verses):

It is He who has sent down to you, [O Muhammad], the Book; in it are verses [that are] precise - they are the foundation of the Book - and others unspecific. As for those in whose hearts is deviation [from truth], they will follow that of it which is unspecific, seeking discord and seeking an interpretation [suitable to them]. And no one knows its [true] interpretation except Allah. But those firm in knowledge say, "We believe in it. All [of it] is from our Lord." And no one will be reminded except those of understanding.
[3:7]

Here you are - those who have argued about that of which you have [some] knowledge, but why do you argue about that of which you have no knowledge? And Allah knows, while you know not.
[3:66]

Say, [O Muhammad], "If you should love Allah, then follow me, [so] Allah will love you and forgive you your sins. And Allah is Forgiving and Merciful."
[3:31]

Your companion [Muhammad] has not strayed, nor has he erred,
53:3
Nor does he speak from [his own] inclination.
53:4
It is not but a revelation revealed,
53:5
Taught to him by one intense in strength -

The rest of this beautiful Surah

This is how understanding Islam begins. I ask Allaah the all-mighty to guide us all to His straight path, the only path that leads to Paradise, and to prevent us from falling victim to those paths that lead us astray.

What is [the matter] with you [that you are] two groups concerning the hypocrites, while Allah has made them fall back [into error and disbelief] for what they earned. Do you wish to guide those whom Allah has sent astray? And he whom Allah sends astray - never will you find for him a way [of guidance].
[4:88]

And Allaah knows best.

revert2007

Love Fishing

Islam is the perfect religion, Allah has made it that way and He has chosen it for humanity from the time of Prophet Muhammad (SAAWS) until the end of time. Islam begins at the shahada and it ends where Allah puts the limit on your understanding.

You can look at Islam as you look at any other discipline. Math, Biology, Chemistry, Physics, etc. How does one begin learning math? Well you start with numbers, then you move on to operations such as addition, subtraction and so on. Then you move on to multiplication and division. Then formulas and algorithms.. matrices, differentiation, integration, then discreet and non-discreet mathematics, then abstract math and so on.

What am I referring to? Layers upon layers of knowledge and understanding. It takes time and effort to achieve greater and greater knowledge in any given field. You get to a certain point where you have to specialize, it becomes unrealistic for the human mind to absorb all the details of every area of mathematics in the given time frame (whether its for your masters, PhD or post doc).

Everyone respects these "rules". You cannot explain differential equations to a child 6 years of age. Why? Well he needs to go and learn the basics first! He needs to understand what numbers are, then what you can do with them and so on.

But when it comes to religion, you want to take one hadith or one verse of the Quran and base your beliefs on it? That kind of logic is questionable at best.

Every verse of the Quran, every authentic hadith is a piece of the puzzle. And the puzzle is Islam. Allaah did not leave us with any missing pieces, everything is there to complete the perfect "Islam" and produce the perfect "Muslim". Every piece of the puzzle adds meaning and information, and you cannot pick up one piece of the puzzle and stare at it like a fool trying to understand what it means on its own.

You must respect these "rules" of understanding as applied to any discipline when it comes to Islam as well. Islam is not a book you pick up and read for a few hours and you suddenly become an expert. Or turn on the radio and listen to one or two individuals talking about Islam.

Much like becoming a doctor, you cannot become a doctor by reading a book. Or two. Or a million books for that matter. There is procedure and there are rules.

And I am extremely offended by some of the words you use. I shouldn't be because I doubt you had ill intentions, but you cannot give "your opinion" on hadith and verses when all you are doing is picking up one or two piece of the puzzle and trying to understand the whole picture. It does not work like this and Allaah will never be pleased with such a mentality.

Why don't you go grab a book on physics, find the middle of the book and start arguing with the author about why he said this instead of that? Do you have enough knowledge to do this? Yet people have the guts and courage to do this to Islam and this is a great error.

On top of this, Allaah has given different individuals different understanding of religious matters. Just because you do not understand it doesn't mean that no one else does. Those who Allaah wishes He grants understanding to, and you must respect this. We operate at different levels of understanding and on top of this our knowledge is very limited. Hence we turn to respected scholars, whom Allaah has granted greater understanding, and greater knowledge.

Allaah has not left behind any confusion in this religion, except for those that are weak of heart and those who Allaah does not will to be guided. Allaah is our Lord, and Muhammad is our teacher. Look at what Allaah says in His holy book (the meaning of the verses):

It is He who has sent down to you, [O Muhammad], the Book; in it are verses [that are] precise - they are the foundation of the Book - and others unspecific. As for those in whose hearts is deviation [from truth], they will follow that of it which is unspecific, seeking discord and seeking an interpretation [suitable to them]. And no one knows its [true] interpretation except Allah. But those firm in knowledge say, "We believe in it. All [of it] is from our Lord." And no one will be reminded except those of understanding.

Here you are - those who have argued about that of which you have [some] knowledge, but why do you argue about that of which you have no knowledge? And Allah knows, while you know not.

Say, [O Muhammad], "If you should love Allah, then follow me, [so] Allah will love you and forgive you your sins. And Allah is Forgiving and Merciful."

This is how understanding Islam begins. I ask Allaah the all-mighty to guide us all to His straight path, the only path that leads to Paradise, and to prevent us from falling victim to those paths that lead us astray.

What is [the matter] with you [that you are] two groups concerning the hypocrites, while Allah has made them fall back [into error and disbelief] for what they earned. Do you wish to guide those whom Allah has sent astray? And he whom Allah sends astray - never will you find for him a way [of guidance].

And Allaah knows best.

That an awesome answer i have seen in this thread.

safiya58

And Allaah knows best.

:salam2:
mashaallah. great answer. jazak Allahu ckair

MahyarEL-Prince

Studying Islam...
ALLAHU AKBAR !!
May Allah guide as all to path which is straight !
Listen brother the Quran has unlimited depth.
Recite it, i suggest as much as possible, it is the only book truely worth reading in this world. Just open your eyes and remember that this book is 100% word of god, no doubt about it..... Sometimes it hits me so hard that I just sit down with tears coming from my eyes brother. Read the Quran and obey the commands of Allah and try to understand the Quran the best of your knowledge. Obviously if you don't understand Arabic fluently, you will not get the Down to the point meaning of every speciifc word, but we all must do what we can do. I suggest learning arabic!!
If I said anything to hurt anyone or anything please forgive me :) God is great brothers be thankful he did not leave you astry like the jews or the christians... your on right guidence... it's your choice now wheather you will be greatful to your lord.
wa alaykumasslam

revert2007

Love Fishing
I know you are a revert and I am as well.It is difficult to understand quran because we are not familiar with the language.Thats the reason we have quran translation is so many languages and read it in the language you can understand.I know the tranlsation is not perfect yet the meaning can be undertsood easily.Thats the reason all muslim should learn arabic for the sake of Quran.I don't know arabic yet but I am going to complete memorisng Juz Amma.I don't just sit there and waiting for myself to master arabic.That will take ages or perhaps i might die before I know arabic.Still I don't give up and i can recite any surah from Juz amma in my prayer perfectly alhamdulilah.Practise makes perfect.

beyonder

:SMILY47:
hadith is like the talmud everything i see and read. the quran says it is final and complete. why then is hadith necessary. i looked in to the quran only stuff and submitters and agree 100% with them. when jews and christians came to islam they corrupted it. the black stone 7 times around , kissing a a black stone of an female baby part and a newborn coming out, the dijall and the pagans stuff in the hadiths.

i am starting to think that islam is no different then other religions. sorry but all the pros and cons of quran only have been answered the combat kit against the submitters has been answered and all objections have been answered, the way to pray is in the quran and it is simple and their method of prayer is accurate and correct. it is perfect and complete. hadith belief is bida. :SMILY139:

i am not going to deal with people that listen to fantasies of jinn and shaytan.
i wanted to see how you people would answer and it is highly obvious you people do not think at all. the quran does not need hadiths to explain anything NOTHING! following hadith is BIDA AND SHIRK! that is why you people get so mad your pride like ibles makes you madly insane. your stuck in the loop of bida and shirk.