Designed an Islamic website, opinions?

neox297

So i recently designed a website for a friend of mine who is starting a Muslim school.

http://alkautharacademy.com/

I did it for free as practice and good deeds, but I am considering making a side career out of web design.

Whats you opinion of the quality of the site?
where do you feel it could improve?

Jazakallah Khair

sister herb

Official TTI Chef
:salam2:

as I am layout professional by net, of my mind your site works very well. They are simply and easy to use and find information what person is looking for. Not too less or what is important, not too much information by any site.

:SMILY288:

Gernada1492

A Muslim
jut change the background on sides to some more fine grained one. this big design is not looking better.

Rest is good. Go n give it a try and u can start getting projects on sites like www.rentacoder.com etc egtc

queenislam

★★★I LOVE ALLAH★★★
Congratulation!

:bismillah:

:ma:
Very attractive looking site that you had design

~Congratulation!Keep up the good work, brother.

~All The Best !

~May Allah swt guide and help you~Amin!

Thank you,
Take Care!

~Wassalam :)

kayleigh

Its very good :) I even showed it to my friend who is a professional web designer and he said it was very nice.

My only suggestion is that the contact page could have a form instead of an e-mail, to cut down on spam.

neox297

Jazakallah for your critiques and compliments,

Yeah i got together with a web designer for lunch today over some really good indian food! And he told me about the potential. The design part isnt the hard part, i could even outsource that. Where insha Allah my skills shine are going to be in the networking and attracting the high end clients

I just registered my own site, I'm going to get that up n running to show future potential clients, and go from there!

MUSLIMS UNITE!:arabi1:

queenislam

★★★I LOVE ALLAH★★★
Jazakallah for your critiques and compliments,

Yeah i got together with a web designer for lunch today over some really good indian food! And he told me about the potential. The design part isnt the hard part, i could even outsource that. Where insha Allah my skills shine are going to be in the networking and attracting the high end clients

I just registered my own site, I'm going to get that up n running to show future potential clients, and go from there!

MUSLIMS UNITE!:arabi1:

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
:bismillah:

Alhamdulillah!
Most Welcome.

and

All The Best!

~May Allah swt help and guide you~Amin!

~Wassalam .

a_muslimah86

Hubbi Li Rabbi
Staff member

Mashallah..the site is very professional and organized..I like it..and I don't know if you can use this tip for your benefit..but perhaps you can make an agreement with your client(s) to put an ad for your services on their sites?..nothing too major..but something like the "contact us" or "about us" sections..maybe you do this already and I didn't notice..but I thought I'd mention it to you just in case you missed it..otherwise..I think mashallah you're on to doing some big things and may Allah grant you success in every step..Ameen

:wasalam:

assalam aleikum,

very nice work,

if you are up to the task, more advanced designing would be having on.hover command on the calender pic, bring out a larger size of the calendar and a preview of the page instead of clicking.

the other avenue of skill building, is making a page for mobile phones and adding to header to sense it and make less data on the page load.

all these need more time into it, thus more money. But the results are a quick and handy way to access information on the site. And the regional people can view to be informed of events and such.

wa aleikum assalam wa rahmat Allah

BrotherInIslam7

La Illaha Illa Allah
Staff member

You asked us about the layout of the website , brother neox. I can't really comment on that as I don't have a lot of experience.

However, something else caught my eyes. As I was reading the 'About us' section of the institute, I read that their affiliation is with a group(sect) that has sufi influences in their teachings.

I don't think it is appropriate for us or any muslim for that matter, to be taking religious knowledge from an institute which is run or affiliated by a group that has deviant beliefs.

Wasalaamalaykum waa rahmatullahi

neox297

You asked us about the layout of the website , brother neox. I can't really comment on that as I don't have a lot of experience.

However, something else caught my eyes. As I was reading the 'About us' section of the institute, I read that their affiliation is with a group(sect) that has sufi influences in their teachings.

I don't think it is appropriate for us or any muslim for that matter, to be taking religious knowledge from an institute which is run or affiliated by a group that has deviant beliefs.

uhhhhh... please clarify, i looked it over and dont see any affiliation to Sufi influence. I know this gentleman very well, he has has spent around seven years studying at Darul-Uloom? which from what i understand is a very highly respected university in the Islamic world and is very sunni based and very conservative. He is also a Sunni.

As a part time student there, there is no deviant beliefs there, everything he has mentioned has been in accordance to what I have learned elsewhere from other Sunni authorities.

please clarify to what group on the about us page ur referring to, because i looked it over twice now and dont see any such thing...

neox297

I ended up calling him and speaking to him for half hour along with reading a couple different articles.

Its just too much information and confusion to get into this group and sect discussion

I will say this much that that is much misunderstanding of what suffism is and misunderstanding of deobandi.

The article you linked me to has a very strong bias in my opinion.

Deobandi does not equal Sufism in the typical sense. Within Sufism there are like a hundred sects. Sufism as practiced long ago was in accordance with sharia, it was basically highlighting the spiritual factor of religion. Deobandi are not related to the Sufism one may typically think of such as spinning, dancing, smoking marijuana to become closer to god.

Deobandis are within Sunni's and follow strict sharia.

This thread is not the place to get into this discussion regardless. And i honestly dont like to get into sect discussion regardless because they only usually differ on the minute differences. I'm just trying to better my basics and perfect those, and this school encourages that.

I will say this much, as a student there I have not learned anything questionable that my strict Sunni mother or the the Sunni mosques i visit have not been in agreement with.

We obviously should both look into this more, i encourage you. its kind of interesting, but i think your accusation needs mare validity.

Jazakallah Khair

BrotherInIslam7

La Illaha Illa Allah
Staff member

Actually, Sufism is not not within the bounds and limits of Islamic Sharia.

When we talk about deviation, we are not talking about weird practices necessarily. The deviance in them are quite obvious. We are instead concentrating on the false beliefs (incorrect Aqeedah) that are held by the Sufi and leads a person to Kufr.

Sufism and being a follower of Sunnah of Rasool SallAllahu Alleihi Wa Sallam do not go hand in hand. It is either one or the other.

The differences with the Deobandis are not minute in any sense. If you happen to reside in India or Pakistan, you would see the scholars of Ahl us Sunnah constantly refuting the deviant practices of the Deobandis.

As for Sufism, here are some threads and other resources that one needs to read. Sufism isn't limited to excessive dhikr and zuhd, rather it propagates a lot more.

Incorrect Beliefs in Sufism

The Truth about Sufism

http://www.islamqa.com/en/ref/4983/sufi

Also, I had posted a thread a while back containing Urdu videos that helps a person understand the incorrect beliefs of the mentioned sect.

Urdu : Pakistani Deobandi Alim makes Tawbah and becomes Ahle Hadeeth

Please forward this information to your friend who has setup this institute. I hope it serves the purpose of distinguishing the correct path to him and his collaborators in this educational project.

May Allah azz zawajal keep us firm on 'siratul mustaqeem'. Ameen

neox297

Again not all sufis are the same and i believe Sufism is widely misunderstood. Both sides need to be presented, I haven't check your links yet, but again both sides need to be presented for a scholarly decision to be made

I am well aware of the debate amongst Ahl Us Sunnah and deobandis, Its just a debate that will go back and fourth, and i don't want to get into it. Deobandis are still considered to be Sunnis by the vast.

This institution is not teaching anything that is not widely accepted amongst all Sunni's , and until you can validate else wise you should hold any further judgments.

Again i refuse to discuss this further because this is not the thread for this.

I will assume your intentions are good, and may Allah bless you for that.

Allah knows best

Jazakallah Khair

BrotherInIslam7

La Illaha Illa Allah
Staff member

Well akhi, I don't have intentions of derailing your thread. However, you have built a website for an academy that will be visited by students of knowledge and other people.

Shouldn't it be of primary importance that the people running this academy hold correct Aqeedah and teach authentic knowledge ? Would you like to lead a student to an academy that imparts incorrect or false knowledge ?

I don't need to pass judgments on their institution by either visiting or corresponding with them.Their 'About Us' section clearly specifies their affiliation to a 'deviant sect' that runs madrassas around the globe. It is not important, if they term themselves as 'Sunnis' or not. A label is not what we are looking for here, we are instead analyzing their beliefs, methodology and scholars.

I sincerely advise you to check the links that I have provided here (in addition to exploring the 'Deviant sects' section on this website). The gravity of the matter will only be understood, once we are able to understand what beliefs these individuals hold and propagate.

I request you to advise the founder of this academy and share the information mentioned in this thread. There are numerous people who have had a change of heart and accepted the true understanding of Islam by the mercy of Allah Almighty.

May Allah subhaanaho waa taala guide us. Ameen

neox297

My akhi,

He is not blind to the difference of opinions, after all, his life purpose is Islamic education and he has spent nearly 7-8 years studying Islam abroad in the UK and NY.

I dont know how to make more clear, there is nothing being taught in this school that is of danger or is not in agreement with the majority of the Sunni population, he teaches little kids the basics of the Quran, so just relax man, this is not as serious as your making it.

See we are already going to go back and fourth. Regardless of your intention, the original point of this thread has been high jacked and has been derailed. I know that was not your intention so i forgive you for that.

I don't believe it is false knowledge. We are not going to agree atleast through this thread, so im done responding unless it is about my intial question regarding the design of the site. If you have no opinion to the design, thats cool, masha Allah i have received plenty of input. You are of course welcome to start another thread to see if anyone else is willing to discuss this with you. Best of luck!

Jazakallah Khair

neox297

Mashallah..the site is very professional and organized..I like it..and I don't know if you can use this tip for your benefit..but perhaps you can make an agreement with your client(s) to put an ad for your services on their sites?..nothing too major..but something like the "contact us" or "about us" sections..maybe you do this already and I didn't notice..but I thought I'd mention it to you just in case you missed it..otherwise..I think mashallah you're on to doing some big things and may Allah grant you success in every step..Ameen

:wasalam:

AMEEN!

MUSLIMS UNITE! :arabi1: