did allah give any brief description on how he looks?

Aapa

Mirajmom
Salaam,

Please forgive me but we need to address our posts with a simple salutation and when writing the blessed word Allah let us capitalize and use subhana talla i.e. Allah subhana talla.
Although I am not a scholar we will be given the answer on the day of Judgement..this life can not concern itself with an answer to your question.

kayleigh

Salaam,

I'm pretty sure it's wrong (shirk) to ascribe human characteristics to Allah (swt). I'm also pretty sure He has been described as something which no man can ever imagine. But maybe I'm mixing that up with how God was described in Christianity...?

ajazz

Allah(swt) describes himself in the holy Quran ,

Verily, I am Allah! There is no other god besides Me. (Quran, 20:14)

Say: He is Allah, the One and Only;
Allah, the Eternal, Absolute;
He begetteth not, nor is He begotten;
And there is none like unto Him. (Quran,, 112)

Allah, there is none worthy of worship but He. The Ever-Living, The Self-Subsisting. Neither slumber nor sleep overtake Him. To Him belongs whatsoever is in the heavens and on Earth. Who can intercede with Him except by His permission? He knows the past and the future and they can encompass nothing of His Knowledge except what He wills. His Chair extends over the heavens and the earth and He feels no fatigue in guarding them. And He is The Highest, The Mighty. (Quran, 2:255)

There is nothing comparable to Him. And He is The All-Hearing, The All-Seeing. (Quran, 42:11)

Human beings have 5 basic senses but they have great limitations
Our eyes can detect only light that too in a limited range
We can hear sound which is limited to 20 Hz – 20 kHz frequency range
Our senses are just powerful enough to help us survive in this world
Therefore we cannot picture Allah in our mind.
Allah is unique; we cannot compare him with anything in the world or universe
He is beyond any imagination of human beings
Allah has 99 names, they are his attributes, and through these attributes we can know
Allah,
Here are some of his names:

As-Salaam
The Source of Peace, The One who is free from every imperfection.

Al-Quddoos
The Holy, The One who is pure from any imperfection and clear from children and adversaries.

Al-Mutakabbir
The Majestic, The One who is clear from the attributes of the creatures and from resembling them.

Al-Khaaliq
The Creator, The One who brings everything from non-existence to existence.
Al-Musawwir
The Fashioner, The One who forms His creatures in different pictures.

Al-Ghaffaar
The Great Forgiver, The Forgiver, The One who forgives the sins of His slaves time and time again.

As-Samee^
The All-Hearing, The Hearer, The One who Hears all things that are heard by His Eternal Hearing without an ear, instrument or organ.

Al-Baseer
The All-Seeing, The One who Sees all things that are seen by His Eternal Seeing without a pupil or any other instrument.

Al-Haleem
The Forebearing, The Clement, The One who delays the punishment for those who deserve it and then He might forgive them.

Al-Kabeer
The Most Great, The Great, The One who is greater than everything in status.

Al-Haqq
The Truth, The True, The One who truly exists.

Al-Mateen
The Firm One, The One with extreme Power which is un-interrupted and He does not get tired.

Al-Mumeet
The Creator of Death, The Destroyer, The One who renders the living dead.

Al-Qayyoom
The Self-Subsisting, The One who remains and does not end.

Al-'Awwal
The First, The One whose Existence is without a beginning.

Al-'Akhir
The Last, The One whose Existence is without an end.

Az-Zaahir
The Manifest, The One that nothing is above Him and nothing is underneath Him, hence He exists without a place. He, The Exalted, His Existence is obvious by proofs and He is clear from the delusions of attributes of bodies.

Al-Ghaniyy
The Self-Sufficient, The One who does not need the creation.

Al-Badi^
The Incomparable, The One who created the creation and formed it without any preceding example.

Al-Baaqi
The Everlasting, The One that the state of non-existence is impossible for Him.

As-Saboor
The Patient, The One who does not quickly punish the sinners.

This is the definition of god in Islam, does any other religion provides such a definite, clear, concise, precise and stunning description of god?

I hope u got the definition of god (actually Allah is more appropriate
Because the name Allah has no plural and no gender, it is a name which belongs to only one entity, were as god can become goddess or godfather or godmother…)

Meraj

Brother
:salam2:
nothing is like HIM.....
yes! this is the one,,,from Quran,,,(translation)....
Say: He is Allah, the One! (1) Allah, the eternally Besought of all! (2) He begetteth not nor was begotten. (3) And there is none comparable unto Him. (4)

:wasalam:

Noor to shine

Allah is the Light of the heavens and the earth.

I think that the more we read Quarn with an open heart the more we know Allah subhanahu wa Taalla (Our creator and sustainer)

24:35 Allah is the Light of the heavens and the earth. The Parable of His Light is as if there were a Niche and within it a Lamp: the Lamp enclosed in Glass: the glass as it were a brilliant star: Lit from a blessed Tree, an Olive, neither of the east nor of the west, whose oil is well-nigh luminous, though fire scarce touched it: Light upon Light! Allah doth guide whom He will to His Light: Allah doth set forth Parables for men: and Allah doth know all things.
Quran

Bawar

Struggling2Surrender
"Allah is the Light of the heavens and the earth.
The similitude of His light is as a niche wherein is a lamp.
The lamp is in a glass. The glass is as it were a shining star.
(This lamp is) kindled from a blessed tree, an olive neither of the East nor of the West,
whose oil would almost glow forth (of itself) though no fire touched it. Light upon light.
Allah guideth unto His light whom He will. And Allah speaketh to mankind in allegories,
for Allah is Knower of all things." 24:35

"And when Moses came to Our appointed tryst and his Lord had spoken unto him, he said:
My Lord! Show me (Thy Self), that I may gaze upon Thee. He said:
Thou wilt not see Me, but gaze upon the mountain!
If it stand still in its place, then thou wilt see Me.
And when his Lord revealed (His) glory to the mountain He sent it crashing down.
And Moses fell down senseless. And when he woke he said:
Glory unto Thee! I turn unto Thee repentant, and I am the first of (true) believers." 7:143

From the above verses, you can see that it is not for a human to try to imagine or seek to see Allah swt in the life of this world because we can not comprehend that.

Wassalam

gangstaat

Allah Hu Akbar
:salam2:
nothing is like HIM.....
yes! this is the one,,,from Quran,,,(translation)....
Say: He is Allah, the One! (1) Allah, the eternally Besought of all! (2) He begetteth not nor was begotten. (3) And there is none comparable unto Him. (4)

:wasalam:

Totally agreed. Surah Ihlas is the best way to explain this.

muharram23

Staff member

sa

brother, we describe Him sva as he describes Himself in the Quran or how resulullullah sv.a has described Him sva, and that's it. We don't talk about his (esmai wassifat) attributes, other than what He s.va has mentioned in Quran, or by resullullah s..va. Otherwise, it is an innovation. In many ajjat in quran Allah mentions that He has a face, hand, ability to see, hear, and so on. Allah says in surrah rahman,

mentioning the face of ALlah
27. But will abide (for ever) the Face of thy Lord,- full of Majesty, Bounty and Honour.

hand of Allah

48:10. Verily those who plight their fealty to thee do no less than plight their fealty to Allah. the Hand of Allah is over their hands: then any one who violates his oath, does so to the harm of his own soul, and any one who fulfils what he has covenanted with Allah,- Allah will soon grant him a great Reward.

and in sahih bukhari
Volume 9, Book 93, Number 515:

Narrated Abu Huraira:

The Prophet said, "The Right (Hand) of Allah Is full, and (Its fullness) is not affected by the continuous spending night and day. Do you see what He has spent since He created the Heavens and the Earth? Yet all that has not decreased what is in His Right Hand. His Throne is over the water and in His other Hand is the Bounty or the Power to bring about death, and He raises some people and brings others down." (See Hadith No. 508)

Allah's ability to hear and see

42:11. (He is) the Creator of the heavens and the earth: He has made for you pairs from among yourselves, and pairs among cattle: by this means does He multiply you: there is nothing whatever like unto Him, and He is the One that hears and sees (all things).

Also, Allah has love and hatred for some people

love
61:4. Truly Allah loves those who fight in His Cause in battle array, as if they were a solid cemented structure.

hate
"And fight in the way of Allah those who fight you, but transgress not the limits. Verily, Allah does not like the transgressors" (2:190)

so, these are just few of the attributes of ALlah mentioned in the quran and hadeeth. There are many more. However, when Allah mentions His hand, face, site, hearing and so on we should not picture it as us. Because He s.va say in the quran that nothing is like HIm,

Allah says

42:11. (He is) the Creator of the heavens and the earth: He has made for you pairs from among yourselves, and pairs among cattle: by this means does He multiply you: there is nothing whatever like unto Him, and He is the One that hears and sees (all things).

But we should not try to go into the gayb and try to find everything else that is not mention in quran and sunnah because we will go astray, since our little brains can understand to the limits Allah gave us.

Allah knows best

A.A

Muharram

abdellah007

I think that the more we read Quarn with an open heart the more we know Allah subhanahu wa Taalla (Our creator and sustainer)

24:35 Allah is the Light of the heavens and the earth. The Parable of His Light is as if there were a Niche and within it a Lamp: the Lamp enclosed in Glass: the glass as it were a brilliant star: Lit from a blessed Tree, an Olive, neither of the east nor of the west, whose oil is well-nigh luminous, though fire scarce touched it: Light upon Light! Allah doth guide whom He will to His Light: Allah doth set forth Parables for men: and Allah doth know all things.
Quran

i wanted to put this verse. so u already do this. it s from sorat annour.