Did Prophet Muhammad peace be upon him risk his life or wealth by saying he was a Pro

truthseeker63

Did Prophet Muhammad peace be upon him risk his life or wealth by saying he was a Prophet

also I heard that there was a Pagan Tribe in Arabia offered wealth to Muhammad is this true and he rejected the offer ?

"And (remember) when the disbelievers plotted against you (O Muhammad) to imprison you, or to kill you, or to get you out (from your home, i.e. Makkah); they were plotting and Allah too was planning, and Allah is the Best of the planners." Quran 8:30

Muhammad’s Claim to Prophethood (part 2 of 3): Was He a Liar?

Muhammad

Did Muhammad Claim Prophethood For Material Gains?

Did Muhammad Claim Prophethood For Material Gains?

Did the prophet Muhammad make Islam for Power and Money?

Sami Zaatari

Prophet Muhammads Intention_

Perseveranze

Yup, he was offered power,money,women but he rejected it all.

Just imagine a bullet grazing your neck, now imagine that happening again and again. By the first graze, you'd tend to just stop. But Muhammad(pbuh) just kept going on and on. Despite all the sacrifices, truth came out on top in the end.

khangul

your sister
:salam2:

if he (pbuh) wanted wealth and power then our prophet,s life would full of luxury instead he (pbuh) spent his life very simple.

you should read a book called sealed nectar.

sachin4islam

Assalamu Alaikum:

I really wonder for those saying our beloved Prophet (SAW) went on to seek material gains. An individual who gains monetarily during his life time would surely leave unspent for his progeny's. What did Muhammad (SAW) leave after His departure from this material world any palace,castle,gold,silver or any other valuables. He (SAW) left only guidance for mankind Quran and Sunnah.

Regards.

kashif_nazeer

~~~Alhamdulillah~~~
:salam2:
Yes he did,the Quraysh of Mecca offered him wealth,power and beautiful women of Mecca but he rejected them all saying,even if you give me sun in one hand and moon in another, I would still not leave my cause.

:saw2:

:wasalam:

alf2

Islam is a way of life
That is VERY true. The Pagans hated that Muhammad was freeing slaves, giving women life and choices, and was saying there was 1 God not many.

They wanted him DEAD.

And prophet muhammad was VERY modest. he did not lie or anything.
There are accounts for example..the Prophet would stay with friends in their homes, they would BEG rasool allah to take their own bed. But he insisted on sleeping on the floor.

I suggest you read his biography. The one by Yahiya Emerick is very good.

salahdin

THE QURAYSH TRY TO BRIBE THE HOLY PROPHET

The infidel Quraysh imagined that the Prophet had material or sensual ambitions and that through such ambitions they would be able to induce him to stop his propagation of Islam. With such an intention, they went to him and said, `If you demand money and wealth, we will make you the wealthiest man among all Arabs. If you are interested in lordship and position, we will make you our absolute chief. If you like sovereignty, we will make you our own sovereign. If you are not able to get over the indisposition you yourself call revelation, we will have the best physican treat you - provided that you quit the propagation of your faith, not create dissension among the people any longer, and not denounce our gods, our thoughts, and the beliefs of our ancestors'.

In answer to those ignorant people, the Holy Prophet said, `I am neither interested in wealth, nor in lordship nor sovereignty. The One God has assigned me as a Prophet and granted me a Book. I am a Messenger of God and my mission is to warn you of God's severe punishment and give you the tidings of God's reward for the faithful. I have performed my duty. If you follow my instructions, you will achieve prosperity and salvation, and if you refuse to believe in my faith, I will be persistent and resistant until God passes a judgment between me and you'. [98]

98]. Sirihi ibn Hisham, Vol. 1, pp.295-1296.

Abu Talib tried to solve the problem peacefully, and after they had left the house, he talked to the Prophet about the matter. Addressing Abu Talib, the Holy Prophet of Islam remarked, `I swear by Almighty God that even if they put the sun in my right hand and the moon in my left, and in return, demand of me to quit the propagation of Islam and pursuance of my divine aim, I will never do what they want me to. I am determined to carry on my duty toward God to the last moment of my life, even if it means losing my life. I am strongly determined to attain my goal'.

He left his uncle's house sadly. Abu Talib called him and said, `I swear by God that I will not quit supporting you and will not let them hurt you'. [96]

[96]. Sirihi ibn Hisham, Vol. 1, pp.265-266.

What makes you cry, O Umar

[وَرِزْقُ رَبِّكَ خَيْرٌ وَأَبْقَى]​

(But the provision of your Lord is better and more lasting. ) In the Sahih it is recorded that `Umar bin Al-Khattab entered upon the Messenger of Allah while he was in the small room in which he had separated himself from his wives after he had vowed to stay away from them. When he came in, he saw him (the Prophet ) lying down upon a sandy straw mat. There was nothing in the house except a pile of sant tree pods and some hanging equipment. `Umar's eyes filled with tears (upon seeing this), so the Messenger of Allah said to him,

مَايُبْكِيكَ يَا عُمَرُ؟»​

(What makes you cry, O Umar) He replied, "O Messenger of Allah, verily Kisra and Caesar are living in their luxurious conditions, yet you are the chosen Friend of Allah amongst His creation'' The Prophet said,

«أَوَ فِي شَكَ أَنْتَ يَا ابْنَ الْخَطَّابِ؟ أُولَئِكَ قَوْمٌ عُجِّلَتْ لَهُمْ طَيِّبَاتُهُمْ فِي حَيَاتِهِمُ الدُّنْيَا»​

(Do you have doubt, O son of Al-Khattab Those people have had their good hastened for them in the life of this world.) Thus, the Prophet was the most abstinent of people concerning worldly luxuries, even though he had the ability to attain them. If he acquired anything of worldly treasures he would spend it on this and that for the servants of Allah. He would never save anything for himself for the next day. Ibn Abi Hatim reported from Abu Sa`id that the Messenger of Allah said,

«إِنَّ أَخْوَفَ مَا أَخَافُ عَلَيْكُمْ مَا يَفْتَحُ اللهُ لَكُمْ مِنْ زَهْرَةِ الدُّنْيَا»​

(Verily, the thing I fear most for you all is what Allah will allow you to acquire of the splendor of this world. ) They (the Companions) said, "What is the splendor of this world, O Messenger of Allah'' He said,

«بَرَكَاتُ الْأَرْض»​

(The blessings of the earth.) Qatadah and As-Suddi said, "The splendor of this worldly life means the beautiful adornments of the life of this world.'' Qatadah said,

[لِنَفْتِنَهُمْ فِيهِ]​
(that We may test them thereby.) "So that We may put them to trial.'' Concerning Allah's statement,

Tafsir Ibn Kathir

Mode of Living Of Prophet Mohammed

His house was but a hut with walls of unbaked clay and a thatched roof of palm leaves covered by camel skin. He had separate apartments for his wives, a small room for each made of similar materials. His own apartment contained a rope cot (1*), a pillow stuffed with palm leaves , the skin of some animal spread on the floor and a water-bag of leather and some weapons. These were all his earthly belongings, besides a camel, a horse, and some land which he had aquired in the later part of his life. (Bukhari, Muslim, Abu Dawud).

Once some of his disciples, noticing the imprint of his mattress on his body, wished to give him a softer bed, but he politely declined the offer saying, "What have I to do with worldly things. My connection with the world is like that of a traveler resting for a while underneath the shade of a tree and then moving on." Amr Ibn Al-Harith, a brother-in-law of the Prophet , says that when the Prophet died, he did not leave a cent, a slave man or woman, or any property except his white mule, his weapons and a piece of land which he had dedicated for the good of the community. (Sahih Bukhari).

He advised the people to live simple lives and himself practised great austerities. Even when he had become the virtual king of Arabia, he lived an austere life bordering on privation. His wife Ayesha (radiyallaahu `anha) says that there was hardly a day in his life when he had two square meals. (Sahih Muslim,, Vol.2, pg 198).

When he died there was nothing in his house except a few seeds of barley left from a mound of the grain obtained from a Jew by pawning his armour. (Bukhari, Sahih Bukhari, Chapter "Aljihad").

He had declared unlawful for himself and his family anything given by the people by way of zakat or sadaqa (types of charity). He was so particular about this that he would not appoint any member of his family as a zakat collector. (Sahah-Kitab Sadaqat).

Khalifa Umar bin al-Khattab

Thereupon Umar wanted Hafsa to tell what was the Holy Prophet's best dress in her house. She said that it was a pair of clothes of red color which the Holy Prophet wore on Fridays or when receiving envoys.

Umar then asked what was the best of food that the Holy Prophet took. She said that the Holy Prophet's food was simple barley bread. Umar next asked as to what was the best bedding that the Holy Prophet ever used. She said that it was a piece of thick cloth. In summer it was spread in four layers and in winter in two, half he spread underneath, and with the other half he covered himself.

Thereupon Umar said:

"Hafsa, go and tell the people who have deputed you that the Holy Prophet has set a standard by his personal example. I must follow him. My case and that of the Holy Prophet and Abu Bakr is like the case of three men traveling on the same road. The first man started with a provision and reached the goal. The second followed the first and joined him. Now the third is on his way. If he follows their way he will also join them, otherwise he can never reach them."

When Hafsah told of Umar's reaction to the proposal to the companions who had deputed her they said: "May God bless Umar. He excels all of us in the matter of virtue."
From Biography of Umar ibn Khattab