Divorce in Islam

TiLKi

Local Stranger
Hi everybody,

We wonder sth while we were talking about divorcing in Islam. We know that couple divorce when man says 3talaq. If the man cheats on his wife, and do all thing bad to her that marriage would be still valid before man says 3talaq?
How will it be in such situation? What will wife do?

mymohsin

Pls mak Duwa 4 me
Salam Brothers/Sisters,

to my lil knowledge bro as u mention if man cheats his wife and so on, then brother it upto wife either she can take QULAH or can stay with him. If she is staying with him then there marriage is valid and for some reson if he want to take talaq then he can. Marriage will be ended by both talaq or by qulah. So if they r staying together under marriage then man has the right to end it giving Talaq and women has the right to end by taking Qulah.
may Allah protect all of us from cheating each other ameen. Talaq is allowed but this act is very much dislike in eyes of Allah and our Prophet (PBUH). Hope it has answer u what ur looking for insha allah. Brothers/Sisters pls correct me if i m wrong. Jazak Allah.

Allah Hafiz.

Almeftah

السلام عليكم ورحمة الله وبركاته

When a husband or wife is cheating, There are 3 choices:

1. If it seems like a 1 time mistake, Then one can Ignore it and act as if nothing happened.

2. Otherwise they should sit together and talk about it to resolve it by pointing out the reason(s) that drove them to cheat and eliminate those reasons. Then Forgive each other, Provided that it wont happen again, and go on with thier marriage. And that is considered the best way to handle it. For marriage is a very sacred bond between a man and a woman, And one must hold on to it with all the power he/she have.

3. If it came to be impossible for he/she to forgive and bear with eachother, Then it is better to get divorced without the need to go to court, unless one of them refrains from doing his obligations of divorce towards the other (like Nafaqa of all its types to the wife, or denying the right of a father to see his child/children).

And Allah knows best.

Almeftah

The wife always has the right to ask for Khul` which divorces her from her husband in return for the dowry he paid her. Khul` is allowed even if the husband did nothing wrong!

السلام عليكم

Khul` (or Qulah) is considered for women who are unable to get a divorce.

when it comes to it, a woman can ask her husband to divorce her. I think that way is better than Khul'.. where in Khul' a woman has to give up 1 of her rights or all of them.

Almeftah

Quote:
Originally Posted by BoMeshary
السلا...where in Khul' a woman has to give up 1 of her rights or all of them.

What kind of rights do you mean?

Like ayman1 said: which divorces her from her husband in return for the dowry he paid her.(for example)

Sahih Bukhari: Volume 7, Book 63, Number 199:
Narrated Ibn 'Abbas:

The wife of Thabit bin Qais bin Shammas came to the Prophet and said, "O Allah's Apostle! I do not blame Thabit for any defects in his character or his religion, but I am afraid that I (being a Muslim) may become unthankful for Allah's Blessings." On that, Allah's Apostle said (to her), 'Will you return his garden to him?" She said, "Yes." So she returned his garden to him and the Prophet told him to divorce her.

Thats Khul' (or Qulah): when it gets to a dead end, the wife pays something in return for a divorce.
It doesnt have to be the whole dowry, she can pay half of it, or she can give him anything he's interested in, like a piece of jewlery he bought her or something..

And Allah knows best.

Delta

Banned
Centuries ago in europe there was marriages by convenience, a dealing with families just by "money", "power" or some other higher interests

A lot of women married without love or passion, however they learned how to love her husbands, and children, they raised their children with love and were good housekeepers

Amazing women, they deserve a medal, or a statue

in the meanwhile the men was having loving affairs with concubines, not all of them, but a lot of them

How can you be so much indifferent and insensitive about this ?

How can you ?

Poor and poor little children, that even God can't protect and rose them to the highest place of innocence and grace

TiLK

What you said surely is pretty impressive, although to be honest I didn't get the point what you wanted to tell to the topic. These things were happening and are still happening all over the world. They are not nice, but who are we to judge?

Sister Fatma

Islam my Deen
sister tilqi the real way of the sunnah the man only needs 2 say talaq once. however still has 3 months waiting period till the divorce is finalized, u should check with an imam sister.

for the rest of ur question sis am not knowledgeable enough to give u info sorry.

Jazzakallah

Ibn_Syena

Peace...
isn't haraam for a women to ask her husband to divorce her without a reason......just wondering

As Salamu Alekum sister

I found one fatwa about this, but unfortunatly it's in arabic only

http://www.islamqa.com/index.php?ref=117185&ln=ara&txt=الطلاق بدون عذر

I'll try to translate the important part of it:

I denotes that it's UNALLOWED for a woman to ask for a divorce or Khul' FOR NO REASON, as there's a Hadith narrated by Abu Dauud (2226), Al-Termedhy (1187), Ibn Majah (2055) that Thwban (Radya Allahu 'anho) said that prophet Muhammad :saw: said: "Whomever a woman asked her husband for divorce without a reason, then she'll not be able even to smell the scent of Al Jannah (the paradise)"
روى أبو داود (2226) والترمذي (1187) وابن ماجه (2055) عَنْ ثَوْبَانَ رضي الله عنه قَالَ : قَالَ رَسُولُ اللَّهِ صَلَّى اللَّهُ عَلَيْهِ وَسَلَّمَ : ( أَيُّمَا امْرَأَةٍ سَأَلَتْ زَوْجَهَا طَلاقًا فِي غَيْرِ مَا بَأْسٍ فَحَرَامٌ عَلَيْهَا رَائِحَةُ الْجَنَّة ) صححه الألباني في صحيح أبي داود .​

Yet, whenever there's a reason, the woman undoubtedly has the right to ask for divorce or khul', like in the well know Hadith of Imam Bukhari:
The wife of Thaabit ibn Qays ibn Shammaas (may Allaah be pleased with him) came to the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) and said, “O Messenger of Allaah, I do not find any fault with Thaabit ibn Qays in his character or his religious commitment, but I do not want to commit any act of kufr after becoming a Muslim.” The Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) said to her, “Will you give back his garden?” Because he had given her a garden as her mahr. She said, “Yes.” The Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) said to Thaabit: “Take back your garden, and divorce her.”
(Narrated by al-Bukhaari, 5273).
By 'any act of kufr', she meant doing anything that is against Islam like hating her husband, disobaying him, being unable to fulfil his right, etc..
"stated in Fath El Bary (9/400)"

And here are some reasons for which a woman can ask for divorce:
Examples of acceptable reasons for asking one’s husband for khula’

Question:
Is it possible for the wife to get a khula even if the husband will not agree to it? Can you mention some reasons ?.

Answer:

Praise be to Allaah.
I put this question to our Shaykh ‘Abd-Allaah ibn ‘Abd al-Rahmaan ibn Jibreen, and he answered as follows:​
  1. If a woman dislikes her husband’s treatment of her – for example, he is over-strict, hot-tempered or easily-provoked, or gets angry a lot, or criticizes her and rebukes her for the slightest mistake or shortcoming, then she has the right of khula’ [female-instigated divorce].​
  2. If she dislikes his physical appearance because of some deformity or ugliness, or because one of his faculties is missing, she has the right of khula’.​
  3. If he is lacking in religious commitment – for example, he doesn’t pray, or neglects to pray in jamaa’ah, or does not fast in Ramadaan without a proper excuse, or he goes to parties where haraam things are done, such as fornication, drinking alcohol and listening to singing and musical instruments, etc. – she has the right of khula’.​
  4. If he deprives of her of her rights of spending on her maintenance, clothing and other essential needs, when he is able to provide these things, then she has the right to ask for khula’.​
  5. If he does not give her her conjugal rights and thus keep her chaste because he is impotent (i.e. unable to have intercourse), or because he does not like her, or he prefers someone else, or he is unfair in the division of his time [i.e., among co-wives], then she has the right to ask for khula’.​
And Allaah knows best.

Shaykh ‘Abd-Allaah ibn ‘Abd al-Rahmaan ibn Jibreen

justoneofmillion

Do you accept or agree with Misyar ? apply that to the conceived children and God's infinite love

in Arabic :

http://www.msyaronline.com/

in english :

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nikah_Misyar
:salam2:i don t think this is quite suitable,i don t agree at all and please refrain from posting such absurdities on here, no sane muslim would promote or encourage this kind of concept,it is through islamic education tarbiya that the marriage problems will be solved by turning back to he quraan and sunnah,by elevating oneself from overwhelming earthly greed , desires and keeping away from the vice of seeing and being seen while living in the eyes of others than allah swt, this is how the marriage problems will be solved not through the emergency exit in this fashion,thanks and peace be with you.
jameel

Delta

Banned
i don t think this is quite suitable,i don t agree at all and please refrain from posting such absurdities on here

Saudi Arabia being the Cradle of Islam, allows that, but you do know better than me

no sane muslim would promote or encourage this kind of concept

It is nice to know because I think it is disgustful also

it is through islamic education tarbiya that the marriage problems will be solved by turning back to he quraan and sunnah,by elevating oneself from overwhelming earthly greed

Yes, the little children must be protected by all means, that is what God should do because the humans are somehow a little weak

, desires and keeping away from the vice of seeing and being seen while living in the eyes of others than allah swt, this is how the marriage problems will be solved not through the emergency exit

What is the emergency exit ? that Misyar stuff ?

thanks and peace be with you.

With you also

justoneofmillion

Saudi Arabia being the Cradle of Islam, allows that, but you do know better than me
hello again,
,Makkah and Madina are the cradle of the continuation of Islam,not Saudi Arabia dear friend,for that matter the whole universe is the cradle of Islam than....
“And among His Signs is this, that He created for you mates from among yourselves, that ye may dwell in tranquillity with them, and He has put love and mercy between your (hearts)"

This goes against some of MAQUASID A SHARIA! it is no different than the mutah merchandising absurdity, no matter how they may call it astagfirullah,as someone truly stated,"a rose called with another name,wouldn t it have the same fragrance!"sheikh az zubair in more of a negative way of course.

It is nice to know because I think it is disgustful also

Yes, the little children must be protected by all means, that is what God should do because the humans are somehow a little weak
tarbiya for both children and parents i meant dear friend,a profound and deep spirituality based upon knowledge and confidence, are the essence of the message,in order to clean the hearts and minds from this kind of impurities and innovations.sadly we are all far from it,inshallah we shall strive,may allah swt lead us all to what is best to hold on to his tawheed and aqueeda.

What is the emergency exit ? that Misyar stuff ?
yep!

With you also[/QUOTE]
take care
jameel

Delta

Banned
,Makkah and Madina are the cradle of the continuation of Islam,not Saudi Arabia dear friend,for that matter the whole universe is the cradle of Islam than....

of course

This goes against some of MAQUASID A SHARIA

You know better than me what sharia is or means

"a rose called with another name,wouldn t it have the same fragrance!"

That's why a non-arabic native speaker should learn arabic to full understand the Qu'ran

At least is what the preface of my qu'ran says, not me, I'm just trying to learn and understand

tarbiya for both children and parents i meant dear friend,a profound and deep spirituality based upon knowledge and confidence, are the essence of the message,in order to clean the hearts and minds from this kind of impurities and innovations

In the west they say that God is retrograde, because He doesn't accept innovations and the modern way of life, He just doesn't adjust to that, maybe God is just to old, I don't know

What do you think ?

.sadly we are all far from it,inshallah we shall strive,may allah swt lead us all to what is best to hold on to his tawheed and aqueeda.

Agree, we are far from it

But I'm sincerely happy to know that you find that Misyar a awful and a bizarre thing

thank you for your teachings

SeSaMe

Calm Member ((^_^))
Salamo Alaykom aLL ^^

ThnX alot sis 4 posting this Topic

If the man does not treat his wife well, or there is a problem between them, Islam has shown us to resort to relatives of the wife and husband
If no benefit, I think that the request for divorce is one of the rightsThose Allah give to women.(Khol3)

Bluegazer

Assalamu Alaikum brother Jameel [justoneofmillion],

Please click on the following link, to read a fatwa -religious opinion- about what is termed as Misyaar marriage:

http://islam-qa.com/index.php?ref=97642&ln=ara

To all non Arabic speakers [including Delta], I apologize for not translating it into English. Maybe sometime I will be able to translate it. I tried to find an English translation, but I couldn't. It seems that the team of the website islam-qa.com doesn't translate Arabic answers to other languages at a fast enough rate.

Best regards,

Bluegazer

Delta

Banned
Assalamu Alaikum brother Jameel [justoneofmillion],

Please click on the following link, to read a fatwa -religious opinion- about what is termed as Misyaar marriage:

http://islam-qa.com/index.php?ref=97642&ln=ara

To all non Arabic speakers [including Delta], I apologize for not translating it into English. Maybe sometime I will be able to translate it. I tried to find an English translation, but I couldn't. It seems that the team of the website islam-qa.com doesn't translate Arabic answers to other languages at a fast enough rate.

Best regards,

Bluegazer

Should be interesting to see any translation, Bluegazer, there are so many arabic speakers in here......an it is a fatwa