Do I have a problem?

Isra

aka Tree2008
As salamo alaikome

Inshallah all of my brothers and sisters at TTI are in good health and iman.

I dont even know how to begin this thread! I guess start at the beginning is always the best way so here goes! For some of you who dont know I have just reverted about 2 years ago so I am still new to Islam. Before knowing about Islam I had a few experiences with the supernatural. That was before I knew ghosts were called jinn and I actually didnt know anything about them or why they even existed. The thing is back when it happened to me I wasnt even afraid! I mean at the time it happened I felt nervous about it but I wouldnt say scared! One jinn even tried to kill me and it didnt make me really scared!

Now I am Muslim and living in Morocco. At first when I got here and my husband was telling me about people performing black magic and "bad eyes" I would sort of laugh about it because I didnt believe in all of that stuff. I mean I knew people did do it but I always thought it wouldnt work on a person unless they believed in it. I thought if you dont believe it takes the power away from it.

But now...........within the last month I have started to get worried. Im not sure exactly what my problem is all of a sudden but seriously I have started to think of things I have never thought about before! Things like jinn possession and haunting! I never fully believed in that before even though I had a couple experiences with them. I was never afraid they could actually hurt me or whatever! Now I have been feeling afraid actually. It started with a post I saw on here about an Islamic talk show where the callers call in with questions. Anyway I listened to the video and I could actually hear when the jinn took over and when it left the woman!!! In my former life I might have just brushed that off as being fake but something about that conversation and the voice of the woman changing so drastically just made all the hair on my arms and neck stand up! I believe that call was real and not fake!

Ever since I heard that suddenly I am not able to get it out of my head and I keep telling myself that no jinn or any man can harm us without Allah's permission and so I pray even harder than I have ever prayed before yet still I have this really uneasy feeling now and I cant get that voice out of my head!!!!!!!

So tell me am I going crazy? What is happening to me? This is really starting to worry me I swear! Please dont tell me to "pray" or just to increase my "dua" because believe me I have already done that but nothing seems to help much. It helps for the moment but then the scared feelings come rushing back! I feel like soon I will be afraid of my own shadow and that is just NOT me! What can I do to get that voice out of my head? Any suggestions?

dunno

:salam2:

Yes Arabs before Islam used to fear Jin a lot. That only made Jins more powerful and made them harass the person. Fearing Jinn and "evil or bad eye" is not abnormal as human we are afraid of what we don't know and what we cannot control.

The Meccans in an effort to stop the prophet they called up a tribe that was famous for their "Evil eye" to make the prophet stop! and this Ayah was revealed
51. And the Unbelievers would almost trip thee up with their eyes when they hear the Message; and they say: "Surely he is possessed!" surat al qalam ayah 51
But that did not work as God has protected him.
Dear, sister if you read the athkar or the prayers the prophet told us to say to be protected from such things they will never be able to harm you.

Jinns are weak magic is weak this can be seen in this ayah:
Throw that which is in thy right hand: Quickly will it swallow up that which they have faked what they have faked is but a magician's trick: and the magician thrives not, (no matter) where he goes." ta ha 69 look at he last part!
Jinns posses people with weak iman with people who do not do the proper prayer or read athkar same with magic. However, if you do both no one can harm you inshallah.

I hope I helped

Aapa

Mirajmom
Assalaam walaikum,

No you do not.

You are in a land that has given the world some of its best literature. There is little to compare to the Moroccan storyteller. You are learning new words and your awareness is heightened.

When in doubt go to the Quran and listen to its beauty. Yes, you are in a culture that is comfortable using images that were unknown to you before.

Faith unveils and we have to toss out that which is unreal.

rightpath_357

Asalamu Alaikum wa Rahmatullahi wa Barakatuhu sis!

Oh dear... When I hear about stuff like this the hair on the back of my neck stands up. Just say Authubillah. Also recite Surat Al-Iklas, Surat Al-Falaq and Surat An-Nas.

I will make duaa for you sis. Remember that NOTHING can harm you if God doesn't will it. Or if it happens, it is the will of God. :hearts:

Salam :)

Isra

aka Tree2008

As salamo alaikome

Jazakallah khairan to all who responded to my problem. Brother Dunno your words soothed my heart and mind and really did help. I have always believed what you just posted so I will just keep my iman strong and trust in Allah and like you said Im sure everything will be fine inshallah!

Sister Aapa Im not sure exactly why but your post brought tears to my eyes. While reading I felt as if you were a comforting "mother" type who caressed me with words. That is very rare to find these days and even though I have always respected you I have sometimes disagreed with some of your posts. This post today was right on the money and made a huge impact on me so Jazakallah khairan to you so much!

Sister rightpath_357 thank you so much for your input! I actually do pray those prayers and my husband also "covers" me before we sleep every night.

I dont know why this is happening to me exactly and believe me it is changing me from the inside out (maybe thats not such a bad thing either :wink: :lol:) so maybe thats what is scaring me the most: the fact that I can feel myself and my way of thinking changing from what it used to be to what it is now. I have always hated the feeling of not being in control which I guess is what is happening to me now! I cant control this sudden fear that I have had and it seems like everything I once knew is now not real and what I always thought was fantasy is now my reality! Its so strange this feeling!

Maybe its not a problem and what I am fighting is my losing all self control to submit totally to Allahs will inshallah. Anyway I hope thats what it is because that would be a good thing!

Please keep me in your dua dear brothers and sisters as you are in mine!

Wa salam