Do I have to believe 100% of Islam to convert?

Zilliz

I am studying Islam and have learned a lot. I think it is beautiful and I want to convert. I know that I do NOT know everything or understand everything yet, but I am learning. I have some questions about the things I have learned though and I wonder if I can convert to Islam if I do not immediately believe everything I learn through Islam.
For example, I grew up in the US and learned about evolution in school. I know that Muslims do not believe in evolution. I am confused about this and really do not know what to believe right now on this point.
Also, I still have SO much to learn about Islam.
I think Islam is very beautiful and very significant for me but I worry that I will not be a good Muslim if I do not believe every point 100%.
Does this mean I should not convert?
Your advice is greatly appreciated. Peace be upon you.

ShyHijabi

There is one thing all Muslims must believe, That there is only one God and Mohammed is his messenger. After that it's all window dressing and a lifelong pursuit to learn as much as possible. There are many Muslims who believe different things (look at how we debate on this very board :) ) None of us are capable of knowing EVERYTHING about Islam, if that were a requirement then none of us would be Muslims yet.

Zaynab123

Subhana Allah!
asalamu alaykum dear Zilliz(peace be unto to u)

i'm so happy for u that u r deciding to convert but it seems that u r afraid that u won't be a good muslim. don't worry take the step. i don't have much to time to write to u but am replace a video that can help u. i will be back and i'll see how i can help u or my brothers and sister in here can help u. peac

wish u the best...)

Advice to the Youth Muslim and Non-Muslim

[yt]BqLTrRH8_0Y[/yt]

shaheeda35

strive4Jannah
:salam2:
Islam is easy, we make it hard. If you believe sincerely that "THERE IS NO GOD BUT ALLAH AND MUHAMMAD IS HIS LAST MESSENGER." Not associating any partners with HIM, the rest will be easy for you.

Stay with TTI for all the information on Islam and browse any articles inshallah. You can also ask questions here and we will be happy to help you. May Allah guide you to Islam, ameen!:hearts:

daanya80

hello

I am studying Islam and have learned a lot. I think it is beautiful and I want to convert. I know that I do NOT know everything or understand everything yet, but I am learning. I have some questions about the things I have learned though and I wonder if I can convert to Islam if I do not immediately believe everything I learn through Islam.
For example, I grew up in the US and learned about evolution in school. I know that Muslims do not believe in evolution. I am confused about this and really do not know what to believe right now on this point.
I think Islam is very beautiful and very significant for me but I worry that I will not be a good Muslim if I do not believe every point 100%.

Just believe and see whats in your heart. Coz there you will find the answer to all your questions. Im a new revert, and I'm still also learning everything about islam..I meet many sisters and brothers that are very willing to guide me to know more about islam.Take the first step and everything will follows..
Peace be with you, and may allah guide and bless you.

aelshamy

evolution ia a theory not a sintefic fact. and in my opinion it is weak theory because it starts from an asumption which is not logic. this asumption is that there is no creation, so if there is no creation the only assumption to justify the existance of these sophisticated sorts of organisms is evolution.
"Assuredly the creation of the heavens and the earth is greater than the creation of mankind; but most of mankind know not. " Quran 040.057

Zilliz

Thank you

Thank you all for your kind answers and thoughts.
It is very comforting to find people who are considerate and gentle with my questions.
I still have MANY questions and I am trying to learn as much as possible.

Also, I am having trouble posting on this message board. I have tried many times but my posts are not appearing. Any suggestions?

I would like to post them seperately so that they are clearly labeled and searchable for anyone else who has similar questions.

Thank you! Blessings!

Aapa

Mirajmom
Salaam,

Welcome. I am ancient and am still learning. Age has nothing to do with learning. You are fortunate to start your journey. As the expression stated: Come on over...and join the fun...should you need any answers ask..

yasin67

salat

Dear Zilliz
In my imagination I see you on the edge of a line.You have only one step to put forward.I believe that there is no come back for you as you have learned enough about Islam.So I suggest you convert to Islam and learn the main principles about Iman.Then start perfoming Salat everything will be much more easies for you then Insha Allah
We will be happy to see you a Muslim.

TheKnowledgeSeeker

A Believer In Heart
Hello

I think it all depends on what kind of person you are. For example, if you truly believe if you convert you will continue to learn more about Islam as much as you do now then convert. I say this because i know what i am talking about. of course there is fate. May God guide you and best of luck in your journey.

nyerekareem

abdur-rahman

one thing that i think you should know, is that we are all trying to be better muslims. everyday we are trying. i always ask ALLAH SWT ro make me a better muslim today than i was yesterday, and if he he grants me life for tomorrow, that he may make me a better muslim than i am today. don't be worried, your iman will increase inshallah. if you have a hard time with believing that evolution didn't exist, you should check out some islamic videos on science and evolution on various websites that easily refute evoulution.
:wasalam:

Almeftah

Dear brother;

As a muslim to be or maybe a new muslim you dont have to take it all at once, As you learn more about islam you'll believe even more without knowing it.

Just take it one step at a time, because if you take it all at once it'll be like a great pressure on you then Shaytan (satan) will have his way into your heart to turn that pressure into explosion which may lead you more to far from believing to disbelieving.

Just know that once you embrace islam, The believing part will be much more easier.. Trust me..:)

walad_63o0om

al salamo alikom wo rahamto allah wo brakato

there steps to be 100% beliver

but first of all you must belive that there is only one god one lord (allah) & his prophet massenger is mohammed sala allaho alihe wa salam

hannabanu

Zilliz, I'm really glad you posted this topic as I am in the same situation as you!! I've been wondering about this myself, as a non-muslim who has learned about Islam but doesnt believe all of it (yet). The replies are very encouraging!!

I would like to add onto the original question-- I think Islam makes a lot of sense, but I was not raised to follow any religion so I am having trouble getting over my 20 years of not believing in anything in particular!! Any suggestions to help me out?:tti_sister:

khurram khan

hi zilliz

salam alaikum.
welcome to the true religion islam.

islam means submit urself to ALLAH. Brother u will find truth and peace in this religion.ur purpose to come this world and where will u be after death all questions will be solved in this religion.

moreover it doesn't mean that u want to be 100% perfect in practicing islam ,but you must try for it to go the heaven.

i just wanna ask you one question,why ALLAH has created us?

reply me? take care bye

a_brother

Make dua for us all
Thank you all for your kind answers and thoughts.
It is very comforting to find people who are considerate and gentle with my questions.
I still have MANY questions and I am trying to learn as much as possible.

Also, I am having trouble posting on this message board. I have tried many times but my posts are not appearing. Any suggestions?

I would like to post them seperately so that they are clearly labeled and searchable for anyone else who has similar questions.

Thank you! Blessings!

Hi Zilliz :)

Please ask any question that you may have, InshaAllah, we'll try to answer your question...

with posting... if for some reason you couldn't post, i would suggest to log off and close all window with TTI on and log back on again... hopefully, it works, if doesn't then let us know what happens when you do certain things...

if you wanted to post new threads, you can click on [ new thread ] from this link or similar forms... posting in different forms by clicking on the form at the top and choosing the form and then click on [ new thread ]
this thread is for islamic discussion...
http://www.turntoislam.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=28

May Allah guide you to the right path :salah:

PS. inshaAllah, we'll see you more often :)

Zilliz

Thank you

Thank you one and all for your help and concern.

I am learning so much from this website! I learn something new from every thread I read.

You will definitely hear more from me in the future.

Blessings!
*Liz