Do not eat & drink with "Left Hand"

Nurain

Why doesnt He make everyone use the right hand? Why doesnt He make everyone think one way? Why doesnt He make everyone just WORSHIP him and refuse all religion? Why doesnt Allaah just make us all rich and good people? Why doesnt Allaah just make heaven and leave out hell? Why does Allaah create Shaitan to confuse us? Why? Why? WHY!!!............................

You can ask a lot more "what ifs" and "why"!! One who submits feels the wisdom of Almighty Lord and does not question too much. They enquire to a point to gain knowledge, and stop.

Allah's Apostle said, "Satan comes to one of you and says, 'Who created so-and-so? 'till he says, 'Who has created your Lord? ' So, when he inspires such a question, one should seek refuge with Allah and give up such thoughts."

Ask questions pertaining to the religion, not question the Lord!

vegangoth

Banned
Why doesnt he make everyone use the right hand? Why doesnt he make everyone think one way? Why doesnt he make everyone just WORSHIP him and refuse all religion? Why doesnt Allaah just make us all rich and good people? Why doesnt Allaah just make heaven and leave out hell? Why does Allaah create Shaitan to confuse us? Why? Why? WHY!!!............................

A simple nobody knows or, we leave these thing up to Allah would have done.

You can ask a lot more "what ifs" and "why", personally I feel one who submits feels the wisdom of Almighty Lord and does not question too much. They enquire to a point to gain knowledge, and stop.

I was enquring to gain knowledge. I genuanly thought that given the amount of reserch etc that has been done over the centuries by Islamic scholars regarding the Koran and the Haddith that answers to questiins such as mine might have become avalible.

Allah's Apostle said, "Satan comes to one of you and says, 'Who created so-and-so? 'till he says, 'Who has created your Lord? ' So, when he inspires such a question, one should seek refuge with Allah and give up such thoughts."

So your not really allowed to question Allah? I can undertsand why but I'm sure Muslims have done.
Ask questions pertaining to the religion, not question the Lord!

Don't tell me what questions I can and cannot ask. your a bully. However I never realised that the question related to Allah were offensive so I appologise.

Nurain

Why do you contradict yourself?

Quote, A simple nobody knows or, we leave these thing up to Allah would have done, unquote

Quote, Allah is the creator So why dosn't he make every one born right handed?, unquote

YOU ARE QUESTIONING ALLAAH WHAT ELSE COULD IT BE??? You have no right to question Allaah. If you have questions pertaining to the Deen, fine, but questioning WHY ALLAAH DON'T CREATE EVERYONE BORN RIGHT HANDED invites many more questions all of which are doubtful and comes from Satan (oh, I forgot, Satan's your ally). It's CALLED WAS-WASAH WHICH IS DOUBTFULNESS AND WE MUSTN'T QUESTION THE LORD

BUT YOU CAN QUESTION THE DEEN which has BEEN PERFECTED BECAUSE NO MATTER HOW ROUND ABOUT YOU GO THE KNOWLEDGE IS THERE HAVING BEEN DISCUSSED BY MANY IMAMS BEFORE US AND PRESENT DAY SCHOLARS WHO in sha Allaah can answer.

So you see QUESTIONING ALLAAH v ENQUIRING KNOWLEDGE ABOUT THE PERFECT DEEN WHICH IS ISLAM.

Oh? I'm a bully. Go on home and tell mommy. ;)

"This day I have perfected your religion for you, completed My favour upon you, and have chosen for you Islam as your religion." (Surah Al Ma'idah 5:3)

vegangoth

Banned
Why do you contradict yourself?

Because I'm human and not perfect

Quote, A simple nobody knows or, we leave these thing up to Allah would have done, unquote

I was covering all bases. Someone not so educated in Islam yet may have said "Knowbody knows" where as someoelse may well have said "We leve these thing up to Allah" The fact that I contradicted myslef makes for intresting reading

Quote, Allah is the creator So why dosn't he make every one born right handed?, unquote

YOU ARE QUESTIONING ALLAAH WHAT ELSE COULD IT BE??? You have no right to question Allaah. If you have questions pertaining to the Deen, fine, but questioning WHY ALLAAH DON'T CREATE EVERYONE BORN RIGHT HANDED invites many more questions all of which are doubtful and comes from Satan (oh, I forgot, Satan's your ally). It's CALLED WAS-WASAH WHICH IS DOUBTFULNESS AND WE MUSTN'T QUESTION THE LORD

I know, I know you made our point very clear in you last post.

I'm not a Muslims haven't been brought up around Muslims so I don't always know what is a good question or a bad question. To me it's a question. You could have pointed out in a much kinder way that I was asking the wrong type of question. Instead you sounded like you were shouting at me. I apologise for asking the wrong type of question and hopefully it wont happen again.

BUT YOU CAN QUESTION THE DEEN which has BEEN PERFECTED BECAUSE NO MATTER HOW ROUND ABOUT YOU GO THE KNOWLEDGE IS THERE HAVING BEEN DISCUSSED BY MANY IMAMS BEFORE US AND PRESENT DAY SCHOLARS WHO in sha Allaah can answer.

So you see QUESTIONING ALLAAH v ENQUIRING KNOWLEDGE ABOUT THE PERFECT DEEN WHICH IS ISLAM.

Oh? I'm a bully. Go on home and tell mommy. ;)

I'm going to tell my big brother that will be much worse lol

a_muslimah86

Hubbi Li Rabbi
Staff member
Don't tell me what questions I can and cannot ask. your a bully. However I never realised that the question related to Allah were offensive so I appologise.

I don't think sister Nurain wanted to be a bully..all she intended (clearly) is to direct your questions a little and give you a heads up about questioning *too much* sometimes..as many questions (even those non-religious) will go *unanswered*..but I digress

To go back to your initial question however..I will keep it at the same level and give examples close to what you gave (avoid the spiritually "higher" ones so to speak)...with your question..you can have a million and one *spin-offs*..I can sit here and ask...

If Allah is the creator..why didn't he make everyone *supermodel* beautiful?..so there won't be anyone feeling "bad" about their "looks"

If Allah is the creator..why didn't he have everyone born *reading and writing*..so no one has to spend 12-20 years going to school and sometimes PAY for it

If Allah is the creator..why didn't he have everyone own *the Bill Gates Billions*..so no one suffers financially

If Allah is the creator..why didn't he make everyone *Steven Hawking smart*..so everyone can contribute to the world!

and I can go and on and on and on and on and on and on

Asking questions as ridiculous as *why didn't Allah give us FOUR ARMS instead of TWO?*..*why didn't Allah give us eyes on the back of our head?*

A man or woman of reckoning and a belief in Allah (regardless of what you call Him in any language)...would not question what he/she sees *in itself*..rather he/she will *wonder* and *search* for *THE WISDOM* in what he/she sees...

If all people are created healthy and beautiful for example..how can you learn *appreciation* and *gratefulness* for what you have and others *lack?*...someone can come to you and preach these two things to you *til the cows come home* (like we say in the US)..but you won't *COMPREHEND* the concept..you won't *SENSE* it...you might *understand* the words..but you will not *COMPREHEND*

If you are granted all that you seek..the billions of dollars...the happiness..the love of someone special..the acceptance of others...then how are you going to know *accomplishment* and *success*???..again these can be preached to you..but you won't be able to comprehend them..

Each person is born with their life stretching like a really long wall..it has some missing blocks in it..of varying sizes...and when you come to an age of physical..emotional..and mental *independence*..then it is your duty to walk beside this wall..locate *the missing blocks*..and venture off in search of *earning*..*winning*..*buying*..etc. the block you need to cover that gap in your wall...

A believer realizes that for example to earn a better living they need to go to college..to avoid being hurt emotionally and mentally due to sentiments they avoid dating and try to get married..to be happy they need to *give* to others so they may in turn *give back* to him/her...so what that believer does is...he/she will do these things through the guidance of their Creator..because they know..even in the smallest of things..Allah's Will and Wisdom can be very well present and they need to be *aware* of it

You might wonder how this *all* relates to your question..well here it is...

When a left-handed Muslim "struggles" with the issue of eating *with that hand* (though there's no sin in this if they do so)..it is because they want to *teach themselves*..a *new* aspect of *gratefulness*..a *new* aspect of *accomplishment*..and it is not to impress *others*..or even impress *him/herself*..NO..it is to impress THEIR ALMIGHTY LORD..it is to *state* to Him in *action*..that *I love You Lord, and I love Your messenger..that which he recommends is a duty to me and I have accomplished it for *YOUR* sake!*..and they pray that Allah (swt) accepts their sincerity and their accomplishment and live their life with *a new* and *deeper* meaning of it hanging around neck like a medal or on their chest like a badge of honor

I apologize for the length of the post..but when I read your question I sensed that you were sincere in knowing *an answer* to it..you did not ask the merely for *questioning*..and I pray to Allah that I helped you in getting part of that answer at least :)..and I hope you will not just *read* the words..but rather *sense* them..*embed* them within your mind..so you can see the *deeper meaning* behind them

And always remember vegangoth..*no* offense is caused by a question should you be *aware* of the *how* in asking questions :)

vegangoth

Banned
When a left-handed Muslim "struggles" with the issue of eating *with that hand* (though there's no sin in this if they do so)..it is because they want to *teach themselves*..a *new* aspect of *gratefulness*..a *new* aspect of *accomplishment*..and it is not to impress *others*..or even impress *him/herself*..NO..it is to impress THEIR ALMIGHTY LORD..it is to *state* to Him in *action*..that *I love You Lord, and I love Your messenger..that which he recommends is a duty to me and I have accomplished it for *YOUR* sake!*..and they pray that Allah (swt) accepts their sincerity and their accomplishment and live their life with *a new* and *deeper* meaning of it hanging around neck like a medal or on their chest like a badge of honor

Now why didn't someone just say this answer in the first place? lol

This I answer I undertand and can see now Allah's intention. Thank you for taking the time to answer m question.

q8penpals

Assalam aliekum

I have a couple questions - is it an actual SIN to eat with a left hand? Does it matter if you use utensils or not (I was told that it only mattered when NOT using utensils - in that you were actually touching the food that went into your mouth)? Also, if it is about cleanliness, what about foods that TAKE 2 hands to eat (or to make) - for instance, eating a sandwich or kneading bread dough? I have never seen someone (here in Kuwait) work bread dough with only the right hand, nor have I seen butchers work carcasses with only the right hand.

saima abdullah

my life iz 4 Allah
Assalam aliekum

I have a couple questions - is it an actual SIN to eat with a left hand? Does it matter if you use utensils or not (I was told that it only mattered when NOT using utensils - in that you were actually touching the food that went into your mouth)? Also, if it is about cleanliness, what about foods that TAKE 2 hands to eat (or to make) - for instance, eating a sandwich or kneading bread dough? I have never seen someone (here in Kuwait) work bread dough with only the right hand, nor have I seen butchers work carcasses with only the right hand.
wsalam
let me answer you one by one...

1.kneading bread dough, its not about eating its a process of making food so its in category of work, you may work with your both hands.

2.is it an actual SIN to eat with a left hand? no its not sin but its a makrooh ameel (disliked action by Allah and His Apostal S.A.W). and if you eat with right hand it would be a mustahib ameel (encouraged action by Allah and His Apostal S.A.W) sin would not be not written and virtue would be added in your hisaab.
3.Does it matter if you use utensils or not (I was told that it only mattered when NOT using utensils - in that you were actually touching the food that went into your mouth)? its matters because it develop your habbit to eat or use your right hand. so try to develop habbit to eat with right hand so we can defeat shaitan my n my Allah's enemy

a_muslimah86

Hubbi Li Rabbi
Staff member
Now why didn't someone just say this answer in the first place? lol

This I answer I undertand and can see now Allah's intention. Thank you for taking the time to answer m question.

You're welcome..glad I was of help :)

Assalam aliekum

No it is not a *sin* to eat with your left hand..it is a *sunnah*..or a *recommendation*..since Rasulullah (saaws) hardly spoke without being provoked by Allah (swt) or having a matter revealed to him.. you can see where this "recommendation" would increase in "value" and thus it would become more *dutiful* to *commit to it*..but you would not for example..*go to hell*..or *leave Islam*..if you ate with your left hand..if you *can* eat with your right..or you *can* train yourself to eat with your right hand..then it is *better* per the reasons listed in the hadiths quoted and others not quoted..

As for kneading dough..butchering meat..these things are being *made* or *cut*..that's just a use of *both hands* due to it giving better *control*..it is not actual *eating*..it is a procedure *leading* to it..a sandwich can be held in the right hand..and eaten like anything else..perhaps some people only forget or have gotten used to holding it with both hands..as for whether or not the recommendation is made for eating *with bare hands* and/or *with utensils*..it can differ based on how you interpret the hadith..I think since utensils are *held* with the *hand* intended *for* eating..then one should eat with the right..since *altogether*..the concept of *taymeen* is *favored* in the Sunnah..of course this is my *personal* take..so I stand to be corrected and my take stands to be rejected should it not fit what is authentic and right :)

:wasalam:

q8penpals

Assalam aliekum

Personally, I DO eat mostly with my right hand, simply because I am right handed. And as an American (as opposed to a Brit) - at least where I am from in America, we tend to hold our fork with the left hand when we are cutting (and cut our food first) and the knife in the right hand, but then SWITCH and put the fork in the right hand for eating anyway. I don't know why, but that is what I have always done, and what people around me have always done. I physically can't cut with my left hand, and I find it difficult to hold anything in my left hand anyway.

I was specifically curious about the bread kneading and butchering, because someone mentioned somewhere in the post that we are supposed to use our right hands because the left hands are used for "bathroom duties" - to which I was commenting that unless we assume that people are washing properly, it would be worse for someone to be kneading dough with their left hand than to eat with their left hand (if cleanliness - or perceptions of cleanliness - was the major issue).

Anyway, I am right-handed, and alhumdilullah, do not struggle with this often (occassionally grab a soda or chips in the left hand, but not often), I was just curious.
:)

a_muslimah86

Hubbi Li Rabbi
Staff member
Assalam aliekum

And as an American (as opposed to a Brit) - at least where I am from in America, we tend to hold our fork with the left hand when we are cutting (and cut our food first) and the knife in the right hand, but then SWITCH and put the fork in the right hand for eating anyway.

I don't know how I forgot to mention that..sobhanallah!..it totally escaped my mind..this is a very common thing in the state I live in too (I live in the midwest)..it kind of makes you think about the origin of the "switch" you know? :)...but sister..since hygiene is under so much focus in Islam..I think many will wash their hands several times a day whether they're preparing food or not (and I would like to note *my hope* that EVERYONE does that!)

q8penpals

I don't know how I forgot to mention that..sobhanallah!..it totally escaped my mind..this is a very common thing in the state I live in too (I live in the midwest)..it kind of makes you think about the origin of the "switch" you know? :)...but sister..since hygiene is under so much focus in Islam..I think many will wash their hands several times a day whether they're preparing food or not (and I would like to note *my hope* that EVERYONE does that!)

Assalam aliekum

I am from the mid-west too! Maybe it is a regional-US thing!