Do watch..

Status
Not open for further replies.

AllpraisetoAllah

:salam2:

brother abdullahbilal you said: I follow the path of the sunna nabaweyyah (Quran and authentic hadith) and good salaf and like the prophet and all of his companions but I'm proud I'm NOT a salafi or sunni

Alhamdulilaah u follow the quran and sunnah according the salaf.. but I think u misunderstood the word salafi.. it's just a short version for the sentence u just typed.. if u know arabic and I hope u do then u can look this up... and maybe u didn't read the fatwa bluegazer posted about that it's permissible u call urself a salafi because it just simply means ' I follow the quran and sunnah according the salaf' but just a short version like i mentioned but if u want to say the whole sentence that okay too:SMILY139:

abdallahbilal

Long Live Palestine
Salam,
Thank u brother, I like your very gentle advice...
Al7amdolillah brother, I am a native Arab and already read the Fatwa posted by the brother Bluegazer (Jazahullahu Khairan), and to my understanding of the Fatwa, it is permissible to use the adjective "Salafi" as a means of distinction ( which, i understand [i might be wrong], means when distinction is needed )...

But linguistically, brother, this word is problematic (and to be frank with u, I'm afraid from Allah to use it). It is problematic because the word no longer describes but names a sect.

I do respect and love the Muslims who call themselves Salafis, but I plead to them not to use what was not ordained by Allah unless urgently needed.

And dear brother, the whole issue is polemic and problematic (shobha, if I'm not mistaken)... It's better then not to do what is doubtful:

The prophet (pbuh) said:
من اتقى الشبهات فقد استبرأ لدينه و عرضه
He who avoids what is doubtful secures his religion and integrity (or dignity or honor)

He (sallah allahu alaihi wa sallam) also said:
دع ما يريبك إلى ما يريبك
Leave behind what is doubtful to find recompense in what is not doubtful

:astag: May Allah guide us to what is best and forgive me and u for any mistakes we could have done

Thank you brother

AbuKhalid

I seek refuge with Allah against the shaytaan, the cursed.

I hate to come back over and over again, on a topic where things have been xplained, proofs given and scholars advice given ... but it seems tthat this issue comes from misunderstanding of basic things ... where some of us say things without proper research. Remember the hadeeth :Deliberation is from Allaah and haste is from the shaytaan (Saheeh Al Jaami).

I know a lot has been posted since my last reply, and I apologize for my late contribution

When we say that our salaf made certain mistakes ... we do not mean things done in thier private lives but rather mistakes on islamic rulings. This in no way means i'm implying they will be punished by Allah. We, Muslims who follow the authentic traditions based on Quran and Sunnah as taught by our scholars who studied the books of the 3 best generations, which is that of the prophet pbuh and his sahabas r.a, then the taabien and the taabatabeien as well as the later scholar who were on the same path *1 believe in the hadeeth about ijtihaad : ... if someone (in this case, the scholar) makes the effort (ijtihad) and came up with the incorrect ruling, he gets one reward. muttafaqun alai

It is hard to elaborate more on the differences between scholars and the mistakes scholars make, as I dont have much time these days .. but I'd like to point to the direction of usool al fiqh beacuse I only take from the scholars anyway... I know I havent replied to all the posts as I wanted to .. may Allah guide us to the correct path and increase our knowledge.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------
*1 - this elaboration on what type of muslims it is, is necessary because of the number of sects there are now. Everyone claims to be muslim and followers of the prophets traditions (sunna) ... such as the shi'a, Qadianis, sufis, taqleed madhabis etc... but in truth a few actually do. As shaykh al Albaani rahimahullah said, do u find any one saying 'I am Muslim but not upon Quran and sunnah'?. There fore, what we need is to say:upon Quran and sunnah with the understanding of the salaf as-saalih .. or in short salafi. Hence the salafi are the Ahlus sunna wal jamaa'ah.

Imaam Abuhaneefa said to stick to the athaar (narrations) and the way of the salaf and to beware of newly invented matters ... from As-suyootee in Sawnul manyaq wal kalaam, while imaam al-awzaa'ee said: hold fast to the narrations of the salaf, even if people wer to abandon you. And beware of opinions of the peple, no matter how much they beautify it with speech ... from Al-Khateeb in sharafu Ashaabul Hadeeth

So we see people calling themselves sunni ... but practise bid'ah such as eids other than the 2 ... hence making them Not sunni- or followers of the sunnah. Similarly, u see hanafees for example believing that eeman doesnt increase or decrease as it is written by Imaam Abu haneefa in his book Kitaabul wasiyyah. But scholars have corrected him .. as true muslims should towards each other and some have said that he retracted this but some muqallid insist on following all of his teachings no matter what.

Plz read teh book: "why the word Salafi" compiled by Abu Abdullah al yatimi and umm abdulla from Tawheed Islamic Sevices

alkathiri

As-Shafaa'i(Brother)

i wonder why do some of the followers of wahabis like to say Imam Abu hanifa(RA) is wrong in this and that and the tone when they say it , i hate it...You see they hardly attack other imams and but his...

i think junaid hasan and hafz have expressed some good points...

To those who follow their nafs: La Hawla wala ku wata ilabillah

i am not a sufi, a wahabi or anything. I am a muslim who follows mazhab because my islamic knowledge is very poor...so i follow how imam Shafii,imam Nawawi, imam ibn hajar ( all from shafii school of fiqh) .

Imam Shafi`i approached the imperatives of the Islamic Shariah (Canon Law) distinctly in his own systematic methodology. Imam Shafi`i, Imam Malik and Imam Ahmad Ibn Hanbal almost entirely exclude the exercise of private judgement in the exposition of legal principles. They are wholly governed by the force of precedents, adhering to the Scripture and Traditions; they also do not admit the validity of a recourse to analogical deduction of such an interpretation of the Law whereby its spirit is adopted to the special circumstances of any special case. Their followers are accordingly designated as "Ahlul-Hadith" or "Traditionalists Par Excellence', while the followers of Abu Hanifa are called "Ahlul Ra'i" - the "People of Private Judgement"

The Shāfi‘ī school is considered one of the more conservative of the four schools of Islamic jurisprudence, where religious science has evolved around this School and many traditional scholars adopted it to be the soundest School among all. Due to the School's systematic methodology and rigorous approach to religious science, huge arrays and vast majority of Islamic scholars and leading authorities have become staunch adherents of this School. Many among them represent the entire Ahlus Sunnah Wa Al-Jama'ah in their field.

The founder of this School, is also known as the "First Among Equals" for his exhaustive knowledge and systematic methodology to religious science. His approach to Islamic jurisprudence has become the standard reference of the scholars not only among his School but among others as well. There is a famous Fiqh maxim, "The Shafiites are the Pillars of Knowledge of this Religion." Among the giants of Islam who adopted this School are:-

Imam of Aqidah:

1) Abu Al-Hasan Ash'ari

Imam of Hadith:-

Imam Bukhari, Imam Muslim, Imam Nasa'ie, Imam Bayhaqi, Imam Tirmidhi, Imam Ibn Majah, Imam Tabari (who later became independent Mujtahid), Ibn Hajar Al-Asqalani, Imam Abu Dawud, Imam Nawawi, Imam As-Suyuti, Imam Ibn Kathir, Imam Dhahabi, Imam Al-Hakim

Imam of Fiqh:-

Khatib Shirbini, Ibn Hajar Haytami, Imam Nawawi

Imam of Tafser & Seerah:- Imam Mawardi, Ibn Kathir, Sheikh Khatib Al-Baghdadi

Other Leading Scholars:-

Imam Jalaluddin Al-Mahally, Imam Taqiyuddin As-Subki, Imam Tajuddin As-Subki, Sheikhul Islam Zakariyya Al-Ansari, Imam Ramli

alkathiri

As-Shafaa'i(Brother)
I think i have provide enough evidence...I think i can assume all of us here have not reached the level of ijtihaad

So at the end of the day, we need to follow the scholars interpretation of the quran and sunna and there is nothing wrong in following mazhab...

Wassalam

Happy 2BA Muslim

Islamophilic

The followers of the madhhabs are not all the same. Some of them are mujtahids within their madhhab, and some are followers (muqallids) who do not go against their madhhabs in any regard.

Al-Buwayti, al-Muzani, al-Nawawi and Ibn Hajr were followers of Imam al-Shaafa’i, but they were also mujtahids in their own right and differed with their imam when they had evidence. Similarly Ibn ‘Abd al-Barr was a Maaliki but he differed with Maalik if the correct view was held by someone else. The same may be said of the Hanafi imams such as Abu Yoosuf and Muhammad al-Shaybaani, and the Hanbali imams such as Ibn Qudaamah, Ibn Muflih and others.

The fact that a student studied with a madhhab does not mean that he cannot go beyond it if he finds sound evidence elsewhere; the only one who stubbornly clings to a particular madhhab (regardless of the evidence) is one who lacking in religious commitment and intellect, or he is doing that because of partisan attachment to his madhhab.

The advice of the leading imams is that students should acquire knowledge from where they acquired it, and they should ignore the words of their imams if they go against the hadeeth of the Prophet SAWS (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him).

Abu Haneefah said:

“This is my opinion, but if there comes someone whose opinion is better than mine, then accept that.”

Maalik said:

“I am only human, I may be right or I may be wrong, so measure my words by the Qur’aan and Sunnah.”

Al-Shaafa’i said:

“If the hadeeth is saheeh, then ignore my words. If you see well established evidence, then this is my view.”

Imam Ahmad said:

“Do not follow me blindly, and do not follow Maalik or al-Shaafa’i or al-Thawri blindly. Learn as we have learned.”

And he said,

“Do not follow men blindly with regard to your religion, for they can never be safe from error.”

No one has the right to follow an imam blindly and never accept anything but his worlds. Rather what he must do is accept that which is in accordance with the truth, whether it is from his imam or anyone else.

Shaykh al-Islam Ibn Taymiyah said:

No one has to blindly follow any particular man in all that he enjoins or forbids or recommends, apart from the Messenger of Allaah (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him). The Muslims should always refer their questions to the Muslim scholars, following this one sometimes and that one sometimes. If the follower decides to follow the view of an imam with regard to a particular matter which he thinks is better for his religious commitment or is more correct etc, that is permissible according to the majority of Muslim scholars, and neither Abu Haneefah, Maalik, al-Shaafa’i or Ahmad said that this was forbidden.

Majmoo’ al-Fataawa, 23/382.

Shaykh Sulaymaan ibn ‘Abd-Allaah (may Allaah have mercy on him) said:

Rather what the believer must do, if the Book of Allaah and the Sunnah of His Messenger (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) have reached him and he understands them with regard to any matter, is to act in accordance with them, no matter who he may be disagreeing with. This is what our Lord and our Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) have enjoined upon us, and all the scholars are unanimously agreed on that, apart from the ignorant blind followers and the hard-hearted. Such people are not scholars.

Tayseer al-‘Azeez al-Hameed, p. 546

Based on this, there is nothing wrong with a Muslim being a follower of a certain madhhab, but if it becomes clear to him that the truth (concerning a given matter) is different from the view of his madhhab, then he must follow the truth.

And Allaah knows best.

Islam Q&A

alkathiri

As-Shafaa'i(Brother)
Based on this, there is nothing wrong with a Muslim being a follower of a certain madhhab, but if it becomes clear to him that the truth (concerning a given matter) is different from the view of his madhhab, then he must follow the truth.

i agree with this but currently i am not able to know what is right or wrong so i follow shafii mazhab.........Plain simple...

Bro i want to ask do u know how to find evidence?? i dont think so...so what do u do next!!!
You go follow what the imam says right...thats exactly what i am doing ...:SMILY286:

thats why it is advisable to follow mazhab

Happy 2BA Muslim

Islamophilic
Bro i want to ask do u know how to find evidence?? i dont think so...so what do u do next!!!
You go follow what the imam says right...thats exactly what i am doing ...

So long as a Muslim is following the correct evidence (daleel) and has the desire to follow the Sunnah properly, there is no harm in following any of the Imams when it comes to rules of fiqh.

In the case of the ordinary Muslim (who is not educated in fiqh), his madhhab (school of thought) is that of the mufti whose knowledge he trusts. But problems of the worst type occur when people become fanatically devoted to one particular imam or madhhab, to the extent that they reject the truth or ignore other sound evidence because of this.

Allaah warns against rejecting the word of the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) (interpretation of the meaning):

“… And let those who oppose the Messenger’s commandment (i.e., his Sunnah) (among the sects) beware, lest some fitnah (disbelief, trials, afflictions, etc.) befall them or a painful torment be inflicted on them.” [al-Noor 24:63]

And Allaah is the source of strength.

abdallahbilal

Long Live Palestine

Some of you brothers and sisters wonder what all of this anguish is about, I tell you why...

Oh brothers and sisters, I don't know how the thing is going on in mosques around the world, but in my country it's very bad; people quarell in the mosque and some of them consider other groups Kafirs although sometimes they follow the very same Math-hab... This is why the unifying factor becomes important and part of uprooting this problem is realizing it...

The early companions and shahids (Sumayya and Hamza and many others radia allau anhum) never discussed whether "God's hand", in the Quran, and "God rus", in the Qudsi hadith, were literal or metaphoric and yet they entered paradise... Beleive it or not brothers, many still fight and quarell regarding this whereas they are not asked to "question" the Quran but to take it as it is.

If some of us just heard about this agony from media, many others witnessed by themeselves common people giving up Salat al Jama'a for such quarrels, I personally, to my utmost shock and weariness, know someone who apostated because of this!!!

May God unify the umma around the firm rope of Almighty Allah...

AllpraisetoAllah

brother alkathiri you said: wonder why do some of the followers of wahabis like to say Imam Abu hanifa(RA) is wrong in this and that and the tone when they say it , i hate it...You see they hardly attack other imams and but his...

fthe word 'wahabis' is made up by ppl who hate Imam Muhammed ibn Abdulwahab rahimullah.. and the media they always use that word. Subhana'Allah he was a great Imam and mujahid may Allah grand him Jannah.
Like u know he wrote a lot of aqeedah books ..and all over the world the shayoukh teach from his books, and I think most of us read his books: kitaab attauwheed, Usulu-thalatha and much more..
He followed the Quran and Sunnah according the 3 generation

And there isn't anyone saying anything bad about Imam Abu-Hanifa May Allah reward him for his work ... he's one of the great scholars...and we weren't talking about just one madhab we said ur not suppose to blindfollow .. doesn't matter which madhab
We are not saying there's anything bad in following a madhab .. I hope u read the quotes of all the 4 imams ..because they said it with their own words.

:wasalam:

Nazihah

Be A Stranger
Thank you all.

Assalamualaikum Dear Brothers ans Sisters,

I really appreciate your replies on this topic. As for me, I do agree on what Brother "abdallahbilal" has posted. Thank you all for your links too.

I hope in further discussion we continue doing it peacefully.

May Allah (s.w.t) guide us to the straight path. Ameen.

Wasalam.

<Nazihah>

i didn´t understand what some brother tried to mean with *blindfollow*

we follow only hadiths and quran sooo where there is use of such words?

we never follow imams as christians do with papst ,,we follow hadiths and shouldn´t we follow hadiths blindly? every madhab has some hard rules and some easy rules.

should i choose only the easiest rules from 4 madhab to follow my nafs as now a days some brothers do this?

Happy 2BA Muslim

Islamophilic
Should the easier fatwa be followed?​

Question:
I know that the normal people are to ask people of knowledge about issues that they do not know and that we are to follow the opinion of someone we trust. However, how do we select between fatawaas of two or three different 'aalims each of whom we trust and who are known for their knowledge and piety and the 'aalims themselves respect each other. So if we select the easier one of the fataawas, are we liable ? Please clarify this important issue.

Answer:

Praise be to Allaah.

It is not permissible for you to follow the easier fatwa, rather you have to fear Allaah and not follow your own desires. You should be determined to follow the truth even though it may be bitter to you. With regard to muftis (scholars who issue fatwas), you must look at two important matters

1) Their taqwa (piety), awareness of Allaah and righteousness Their knowledge .

These two matters are essential to the mufti. They are like the wings of a bird; one is no use without the other. If you see visible signs of righteousness in the mufti, and you can see enough of his awareness of Allaah and piety to make you feel reassured that whims and desires will not lead him to speak about Allaah without knowledge or contrary to the evidence (daleel), then this takes care of the first matter. If we add to that what you can see of his knowledge of the shar’i evidence and his understanding, this will make you feel confident about his fatwas. If you find another who is like him or is close to him in knowledge and taqwa, but he gives a different fatwa, then you have to look for something that will make you feel that the truth is with one of them, such as when one of them mentions and refutes the evidence of the other.

A mufti is like a doctor. Do you not see that some doctors are more knowledgeable than others? Don’t you feel more comfortable with one than another, because you see that he is more concerned with diagnosing your sickness properly, so he listens to your complaints carefully and asks lots of questions related to your sickness. Whilst you may see another doctor who is in such a hurry to take a decision that this makes you complain about him, and he may give you medicine that has nothing to do with your sickness. Just as you try hard to choose the right doctor to treat your body, so you must also try hard to find the right mufti, who is the one who you think will help you to keep your religious commitment sound, even if it is bitter to you.

Is it permissible for a Muslim to choose the easiest scholarly opinion?​

Question:
When there is an issue of ikhtilaaf or a difference of an opinion on a matter,I hear alot of people say things like,well, it's a difference of opinion so I am going to do what is easiest for me to do. Is this the correct understanding to get, if not how should one go about choosing an opinion to follow?

Answer:

Praise be to Allaah.

It is not right for a Muslim to choose the easiest opinion, because in this way he will get out of the obligations of sharee’ah, or most of them, because in most matters – apart from the basic principles of Islam – there are differences of opinion. In the past, they used to say that the one who follows the rukhsah (dispensation, easy option) has become a heretic. It is obligatory to choose the scholarly opinion which is most correct according to the daleel (evidence), if one is qualified to examine and weigh up the matter. If a person is not qualified, then he has to follow the scholar who he thinks is most trustworthy in terms of knowledge, commitment to Islam and taqwa.

Islam Q&A

alkathiri

As-Shafaa'i(Brother)
i didn´t understand what some brother tried to mean with *blindfollow*

we follow only hadiths and quran sooo where there is use of such words?

we never follow imams as christians do with papst ,,we follow hadiths and shouldn´t we follow hadiths blindly? every madhab has some hard rules and some easy rules.

should i choose only the easiest rules from 4 madhab to follow my nafs as now a days some brothers do this?

Every mazhab has its own daleel. We are not supposed to argue which imam is correct or wrong...?? im sticking with my mazhab because i dont think my mazhab goes against quran and sunna....so Alhamdulilah

Unity among muslims is paramount . So Alhamdulilah for this healthy debate

Status
Not open for further replies.