**Do you kiss your parents' hands everyday?**

Do you kiss your parents' hands everyday?

• Yes every day, or each time I visit them

Votes: 7 14.3%
  • Only sometimes

Votes: 9 18.4%
  • No, but I intend to

Votes: 2 4.1%
  • nope , im shy

Votes: 14 28.6%
  • NOOO!!!!

Votes: 17 34.7%

• Total voters

OsMaN_93

Here to help
:salam2:
greetings

:D
Do you kiss your parents' hands everyday?

"Thy Lord hath decreed that ye worship none but Him, and that ye be kind to parents. Whether one or more attain old age in thy life, say not to them a word of contempt, nor repel them, but address them in terms of honor. And out of kindness, lower to them the wing of humility, and say, "my Lord! bestow on them Thy Mercy, even as they cherished me in childhood." (Quran 17: 23,24)

lets encourage everyone to kiss the hands of their parents everyday.
Show them how you love them in every occasion. Hug them. Be kind and caring, specially in times of sickness. Never shout at them or say bad words. Always show your gratitude and respect toward them. Be generous with them, and give them more than you give anyone else. Your parents are living treasures. Their love to you is unmatched by any other. No one will ever give you that kind of love.. pure, noble unconditional love.
"Heaven lies under yr mother's feet"

samiha

---------
Staff member

I'd rather kiss them on the cheek or something, I think kissing them on the hand is a bit strange... but it may just be cultural.

wasalam

gazkour

Assalamo alikom wa rahmato Allah wa narakato

Although we don't kiss parents on their hands(it's cultural), I wish I could kiss them just on the cheek, they live in a different continent...I miss them!!!:girl3:

Assalamo alikom

ShahnazZ

Striving2BeAStranger
I kiss my mom's every morning. It's not a religious thing but it's definitely cultural as members of my family do it as well. I'd kiss my dad's but knowing him he'd probably shove me away lol :shymuslima1:

palestine

Servant of Allah
I kiss my mom's every morning. It's not a religious thing but it's definitely cultural as members of my family do it as well. I'd kiss my dad's but knowing him he'd probably shove me away lol :shymuslima1:

i agree shanazz. i kiss my mom but not my dad. He just seems um....not into that stuff. and i feel weird going up to him and just kissing him. cause i don't know how'd he react...i'm guessing he'd say " what made u start this trend now"? lol

deden051

Ass.

Inmy country,,,

Kiss our parents is obligated thing for improving relationship in our family,,, it's just like when someone got to school,, he/she kiss my mom's hand and daddy's hand,, no wrong with that,,,

everything you do is start by intention [nawaitu]... it's not over bi'dah,,, i agree,, it's just culture habits,,,

Turk Gumption

It is full Turkish culture to kiss someone hand who you have respect him or her. I regularly kiss my mom's hand once a week...:)

Nazihah

Be A Stranger
Assalamualaikum my Brothers and Sisters,

Kissing on the hand is just a showing of respect and a way of greeting.

"O mankind! We created you from a single (pair) of a male and a female, and made you into nations and tribes, that ye may know each other (not that ye may despise (each other). Verily the most honoured of you in the sight of Allah is (he who is) the most righteous of you. And Allah has full knowledge and is well acquainted (with all things)." Al Hujurat: 13

Faiza619

Strangers on earth

I kiss both my mother and father everyday in the morning or after i come back from work.
I think it is just ciltural but i know it is a show of respect too and who better to show respect than you parents?

May Allah grant them Jannatul Firdaus All the parents in the world and give them patience and guidence:tti_sister:
اللهم ارحم والدي كما ربياني صغيرة

jabba

Salafi Dawah is the best
people do it all the time in Syria.....it's not my thing, my mom would probably be like ewwww why did u do that, a hug is just fine and she knows I respect her:wasalam:

Libinette

Umm Zubayr
Assalam aleikum,

Alhamdoulilah, both mum and dad are Okay with kisses and hugs :) so i don't miss an opportunity to jump on them :D

MAy Allah bless them, have mercy on them and allow them to enter Jannat-ul Firdous! :hearts:

abdellah007

it s all about respect, we do that here in morocco, we also kiss our parents heads.

ps : i have heard that kissing cheeks between men are not allowed in islam. i mean it s makrouh. any hadith for this issue please?

Ibn_hassan

Servant of Allah
To be honest i am shy of doing that. i only kiss them when my father or mother comes back from a journey or i didn;t see them for long time

Happy 2BA Muslim

Islamophilic

Yes I do every time I meet them (we live in the same city). :SMILY252:

I was never forced into doing so. I started doing it several years back after I realized how precious they are. Not that I didn`t know previously, but, when you get older and have your own children, you will have different emotions and feelings.

It is mustahabb to kiss the hands of righteous people and the greatest scholars, and it is makrooh to kiss the hand of anyone else. The hand of the beardless man should not be kissed under any circumstances,

(From Fatawa al-Imaam al-Nawawi, p. 71)

In the commentary on the book, it says:

If a person wants to kiss another person's hand, if this is because of his asceticism, righteousness, knowledge, position or modesty, or other reason that has to do with his commitment to religion, then it is not makrooh. In such cases it is mustahabb, because Abu ‘Ubaydah kissed the hand of ‘Umar (may Allaah be pleased with them both).

But if it is because of the person’s riches, wealth, high rank or status in the eyes of the people of this world, and so on, then it is intensely makrooh.

Al-Mutawalli, one of our companions, said: It is not permitted, and he indicated that it is haraam.

It was narrated in Sunan Abi Dawood that Zaari’ (may Allaah be pleased with him), who was among the delegation of ‘Abd Qays, said: “We started to get out from our howdahs and we kissed the hands and feet of the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him).

Fatawa al-Imam al-Nawawi, Ta’leeq al-Hajjaar, p. 71.

Islam QA