Do you live in Saudi Arabia or have you lived there?

Status
Not open for further replies.

dawahforever

Asalaamu Alaikum

What is it like to live there, please answer in detail..don't just say nice, lol. Thanks.

Wa Salaamu Alaikum
D4E:hijabi:

sajjuaiah

Asalaamu Alaikum

What is it like to live there, please answer in detail..don't just say nice, lol. Thanks.

Wa Salaamu Alaikum

As-salaam Alaikum,

I am in Saudi since 11 years Al-Hamdulillah.
According to my observation we all must love saudi arabia because it is the birth place of our beloved prophet (s.a.w) and holy place.

1. Makkah and Madina your frequent jorney to "Umrah" and "Prophet Mosque"
2. You can follow Islam in the correct way and no one will come againt you for following Islam.
3. You can have your beard long and you can wear your izaar above the ankle no one will comment for doing so.
4. You will be proud being muslim by practicing your faith.
5. everyone greet each other with Salaams and with respect.
6. Especially RAMADAN I love to be here, everywhere worship and you hear the Sound of ALLAH.
7. No music on road or hotels.
8. No nakedness (Fitnah) (No shorts above the knee even for males).
9. If you have any clarification and questions about Islam very easy to get answers.
10.Everywhere you find the Dawa centers (Islamic Propagation centers).
11. Authentic Books.
12. No Shirk / Bidath.
13. Women has more respect than males. especially if she is hijabi.
14. Giving Dawa to your non-muslim friends are so easy.

There are much more good which i will be tired of writing it will not end.

At last thanks to Allah.

May Allah give you chance to visit here.
Jazakmullah Hu-Khairan.

BintMuhammad

Staff member
Asalaamu Alaikum

Wa Salaamu Alaikum

Wa alaikumussalaam,

Insha Allaah you are well.

I was born and have lived there for 15 years and it's Alhamdulillaah a great country to live in. Ofcourse, it's also one of the best places to practice your religion. The spirit of Ramadhaan could be felt as well as the spirit of Eid'l Fitr. We go to malls there like after maghrib until 12-1AM. mmmm what else? Oh! One thing I like about Saudi is that the fastfood chains there and even restaurants have separate places for MEN only and those who eat with their family and women. Unlike where I'm at now, classes starts at 8 or 8:30AM and ends at 4PM (but this could be different from other schools). Whenever my parents have free time, we travel to Madeenah and Makkah for umra. Medication and hospitalization there is free. My youngest brother almost grew up in the hospital for he used to suffer from Neprotic syndrome and Alhamdulillaah everything was free. Local TV channels there(at that time though, dunno now) did not need any parental guidance when kids are watching it because they cut scenes that are inapproriate and they only show programs that are suitable for families. I loved the commercials. Shampoo commercials, the models are wearing khimaar :p when they look at the camera but when they turn their back to show their hair, they remove the khimaar :p mmm I'm still thinking of what else to say...Oh! we always went out with our parents or someone elder. You can't go out of the house without bringing your iqaama (if you're a foreigner) coz the police would check anytime. The malls there are nice, though most of the attendants are male, actually all of them were males at that time I was there..only few malls have women attendants. Also, you have to be really careful when you're out coz there are a lot of perverts and this is not only in Saudi ofcourse, it applies to all country. Stalkers at the malls or market can't be avoided but just stick to your mom, dad or husband you'd be fine Insha Allaah. Coke/Bebsi in can there costs 1 Saudi Riyal (I dunno now). I always loved Saudi Kabsa and Shawarma...mmm ok I'm tired..I'll add more if I could think of anything else..:hearts:

:wasalam:

Also, you have to be really careful when you're out coz there are a lot of perverts and this is not only in Saudi ofcourse, it applies to all country. Stalkers at the malls or market can't be avoided but just stick to your mom, dad or husband you'd be fine Insha Allaah

:

verily sister market is the worst place of this world and shaitan also, where he spend most of his time.

dawahforever

Yikes here in Canada I have never had to worry about perverts or stalkers in the mall...never crossed my mind. How can men think of that there when all the women are covered head to toe? I'm baffled!

BintMuhammad

Staff member
Yikes here in Canada I have never had to worry about perverts or stalkers in the mall...never crossed my mind. How can men think of that there when all the women are covered head to toe? I'm baffled!

:salam2:

:p Ofcourse it doesn't happen all the time, but there really are sick guys out there and I'm not talking about just one nationality, they're mixed. I haven't encountered such experience in Madeenah though. We used to live in Riyadh by the way.

Noor to shine

I agree almost with all that has been said about Saudi Arabia , and I like to add That things are changing now we have more people getting a better understanding of Islam and others who are very much influnced by the values of the west .....Now many girls are caring very little about Higab ...They don`t understand the purpose of it, and don`t care about the conditions of Higab. The Malls are full with westren styles which lacks very much to the muslem speciality though woman wear them under the Higab (whatever the higab is).....Saudi people are not angels at all....we have many good muslems who have faith and practise Islam but we have many people who are ignorant of the true teachings of Islam .....Many people pray but without spirit ......still morals values are gaurded much better than any other country ....but we have problem that our police are not very strict and no good system in trafics (We have many accidents killing people).......Now most people in Saudi Arabia care very much how to dress, how to look, how to furinsh houses, to have new cars .......etc I think in a manner very different from that of the life of the prophet and his companian who cared little about material world ......But still we have many people trying to memorize Quran and live with the spirit of Quran.

:salah: :salah: :salah: :salah: :salah: :salah: :salah: :salah:

BintMuhammad

Staff member
Assalamu alaikum,

I also forgot to add that please do not be confused with the women's toilet with the men. The men's toilet has a sign of a man in ghutra and thobe (most of the time silhouette), so you might think it is hijaab or abaya. :D I've had relatives confused of that.

IslamIsLight

Islam is my life
Staff member
Assalamu alaikum,

I also forgot to add that please do not be confused with the women's toilet with the men. The men's toilet has a sign of a man in ghutra and thobe (most of the time silhouette), so you might think it is hijaab or abaya. :D I've had relatives confused of that.

:lol: thanks sister,good to know

mubashirhasan

welll its not that saudi arabia is an angel's house....absolutely not....
i have lived there for 18 years ...and u know in jeddah .....homosexuality was
very common in madrasas.. :astag: ..its a confirm report....
may allah save us from shatan.

deepheart

Asalaamu Alaikum

Wa Salaamu Alaikum

Assalam alaikum,

I've spent the last 2 years of my life in Riyadh, preparing to leave. I'll give you a brief summary of what I've observed and i'll try to be objective.

THE GOOD
1. You can say all ur prayers on time and in the Mosque. All shops close at prayer time.
2. People are modestly dressed.
3. Though crime rate is on the rise, Saudi is still one of the safest places in the world if not the safest.
4. You are free to practice ur religion according to Sunnah- beard, hijab, niqab etc.
5. All consumables are halal.
6. Its relatively easy to perform Hajj and Umrah.
7. There are a lot of very religious and humble people, mostly in Madinah.
8. It's easy to learn the Arabic language; if you're serious.

THE BAD
1. The roads here are very dangerous.The drivers turn the roads into race tracks. here everyone drives even 12year olds.
2. There's a bit of discrimination between Saudis and nonSaudis.
3. If you're coming here to work u have to be careful.some Saudis have little or no respect for contracts and the labour laws favour the employers.you need ur employer or sponsor's permission to bring ur family here, buy a car, open a bank account etc. you should be careful when picking a sponsor. if u get a good one you'll love Saudi, if not you're in trouble.
4. Saudis are getting really really materialistic.

THE UGLY
1. There's much laziness among Saudis. More prevalent among the youth (those born after the oil boom).
2. The youth are moving towards the western way of life.
3. Some Saudis don't like foreigners. Guess they feel you're taking their jobs.
4. Some youngsters are in the habit of harassing ladies.
5. I have never seen so many smokers in my life.

Guess this is all i can think of now. Despite the drawbacks i still feel Saudi is the best place for me to live in for now.

Salam,

Ramadhan Kareem!

muharram23

Staff member
As-salaam Alaikum,

I am in Saudi since 11 years Al-Hamdulillah.
According to my observation we all must love saudi arabia because it is the birth place of our beloved prophet (s.a.w) and holy place.

1. Makkah and Madina your frequent jorney to "Umrah" and "Prophet Mosque"
2. You can follow Islam in the correct way and no one will come againt you for following Islam.
3. You can have your beard long and you can wear your izaar above the ankle no one will comment for doing so.
4. You will be proud being muslim by practicing your faith.
5. everyone greet each other with Salaams and with respect.
6. Especially RAMADAN I love to be here, everywhere worship and you hear the Sound of ALLAH.
7. No music on road or hotels.
8. No nakedness (Fitnah) (No shorts above the knee even for males).
9. If you have any clarification and questions about Islam very easy to get answers.
10.Everywhere you find the Dawa centers (Islamic Propagation centers).
11. Authentic Books.
12. No Shirk / Bidath.
13. Women has more respect than males. especially if she is hijabi.
14. Giving Dawa to your non-muslim friends are so easy.

There are much more good which i will be tired of writing it will not end.

At last thanks to Allah.
May Allah give you chance to visit here.
Jazakmullah Hu-Khairan.

Salamu alaykum akhi,
make dua that i find a job there and move froam daar ul kufr to daarul islam the land of resulullah s.v.a. :)

assalamu alaykum

muharram23

Staff member
welll its not that saudi arabia is an angel's house....absolutely not....
i have lived there for 18 years ...and u know in jeddah .....homosexuality was
very common in madrasas.. :astag: ..its a confirm report....
may allah save us from shatan.

Salamu alaykum,

we should not look and try to find every single thing not to make it a good islamic country. Even during time of resulullah there was adultery, stealing, people drinking alcohol etc. but they were punished. Saudi arabia has way more good than evil. That is the best country in the world that follows and teaches the proper quran and sunnah. The river is the cleanest wherever the spring of it is, but as the river goes further away from the spring, it gets more dirtier. The same way with the deen of Allah. It is the cleanest as you move closer to the spring of it, which is mekka and medina. However, the further away from those cities you go, especially to different countries, even you can see that in the neighboring countries of s.arabia, you will see the innovations, shirk and all kind of junk. Sharia is implemented in saudi arabia. Where else in the world is sharia implemented? If we would compare the statistics of evil and haram occuring in s. arabia to the rest of the world, especially usa, we would see that there are great differences, just like heavens and the earth. Barakalalhu feekum

muharram

Noor to shine

Right we should not expect angels walking on earth , but I think Saudi Arabia needs very much sincerity in practising Islam and Sharia . We need more sincere people who hold Islam dearly in their hearts, Islam can`t be just a habit or words to say, It is a complete way of life .....In a changing world muslem scholars should look seriously how to solve the problems muslems are facing within the frame of Islam.

Status
Not open for further replies.