Do you pray (make Salah) regurlarly?

Do you pray (make Salah) the five times regurlarly?

• Ofcourse, it's compulsory, no question!

Votes: 136 71.2%
  • I pray but not five times a day yet, I am trying though. :)

Votes: 50 26.2%
  • I pray only on Ramadan!

Votes: 1 0.5%
  • I go for prayer, when Eid comes!

Votes: 1 0.5%
  • I've never prayed yet, I'd like to try the muslim prayer though!

Votes: 3 1.6%

• Total voters

Kayote

:salam2:

Nice post Sky_012.

I have to stress the point that Sky_012 made. Those who struggle praying should really learn the meaning the Surah Fatiha & others & what we recite during 'rakuh' & 'sajud'. Its so enlightning.

I also use to be like many here, I would offer prayers when I had fear or I needed help (typical man!). But now that I know the meaning, I can understand what I am saying & am all the more consciece that I am in from of Allah, my Creator.

:wasalam:

Umm3mar

Salamo Aleikom

I am assuming that regularly means on a daily basis. What about regularly at the proper time? In total honesty, how many of us respect the adhan and make our prayer within 10 minutes after adhan?

At times I find myself "catching" the prayer. For example, owing zuhr and only 20 minutes until the adhan for 3sr, absorbed in housecleaning, reading, playing outside with the kids. The excuses are endless, but only that, excuses.

For all of us who are guilty, let us make du'3 for one another that we may be stronger in our deen. For those who are closer to perfecting their religion, please be patient and make du'3 for your brothers (and sisters).

Jazak'allakhyran

ShaheedU

Extinct
Salamo Aleikom

I am assuming that regularly means on a daily basis. What about regularly at the proper time? In total honesty, how many of us respect the adhan and make our prayer within 10 minutes after adhan?

At times I find myself "catching" the prayer. For example, owing zuhr and only 20 minutes until the adhan for 3sr, absorbed in housecleaning, reading, playing outside with the kids. The excuses are endless, but only that, excuses.

For all of us who are guilty, let us make du'3 for one another that we may be stronger in our deen. For those who are closer to perfecting their religion, please be patient and make du'3 for your brothers (and sisters).

Jazak'allakhyran

Probably straying off the topic, but with regards to praying 10 mins after the adhan, exactly how many masaajids fullfill this sunnah of not delaying the prayer. its not really a problem for sisters.

Globalpeace

Banned
Asslamo Allaikum,

Asslamo Allaikum,

Going off the Tangent...

Fortunately at work we have a room and pray with congregation ELSE I would also feel like Catching prayers due to commitments at work (meetings etc.)

Searching4Truth

Prayer times are hard

I woke up thismorning and started Sunrise prayer at 6:27, but when it came to 6:40 I realized I had to go catch the bus! :(.
I cant to Dhur because I'm in school then. So really all I can do (unless I'm working that day) is Asr, Mahrib, and Isha...and I work like 3 times a week, so its immensly difficult. I don't know what Im going to do.
I guess I need to learn how to manage time! Plus, prayer seems to take so long, and its so difficult. Allah give us all who struggle strength.
I'm sure when I'm out of school and on my own, it will be much easier.
:)

shaheeda35

strive4Jannah
:salam2:
All five, alhamdullilah!! I'm scared to miss a prayer, lol!! Its so rewarding and beautiful, Allahu Akbar!!:hijabi:

ditta

Alhamdu'Lillaah
Staff member
Asalaamu'Alykum,

All Five too Alhamdulilah!

Although there was a time when i just could not wake up for Fajr Salah. Oh! SubhanAllah it was difficult but Alhamdulilah anyone having difficulty make Du'a so you can wake up, take the necessary precautions too.

You dont feel the comfort and ease inside you if you dont Pray or miss a Prayer. I cant imagine the feeling of gloom i would have if i didnt have prayer, it makes you think how some muslims can miss prayers knowingly.

Alhamdulilah

Wasalam

hopeNFEAR

Bismillar

Asalaam alaikum brothers and sister.

Alhumdulilah i pray 5 times a day and alhumdulilah took shahada march this year.
Just to further discuss this topic of the 5 day. It is true we have many brothers and sisters who do not perform the daily 5 salaah. And it is these muslims i find to some extent - cannot be entirely blamed for. Yes it is true that us muslims will be called to account for our own actions on the day of ressurection. However i believe todays problems of the ummah starts in the home. It is the parents who are not explaining the importance of such things in islam--ie many are told 'pray 5 a day to Allah', or sisters are told 'wear a hijab or Allah will be displeased'. But theres no logical explanation referring to qu'ran, sunnah and hadith. And lack of knowledge about islam and Allah means no fear of Allah. Its like whos going to do a blind follow - NO ONE! Im a revert, would i have become muslim just because someone said you ll end up in the hell fire?. ofcourse not - explanations and interpretations must be given.
For those who wish to know - verily the 5 daily prayers are a prevention into falling into what is forbidden, thus leading you away from haraam.
-the 5 daily prayers also have scientific benefits : fresh blood flow to the brain, bringing forth a tranquil feeling to oneself. The prostatrations etc allow trapped wind in the diaphram area to be released. Even performing wudhu itself has scientific benefits : hygene to the body areas that are washed, esp the genetils. The mouth rinsed removing food preventing plaque build up etc. Now if you reflect this on the modern world 2day, we are so busy with our daily messed up working lives (i hate the economy..lol), we get distracted of thinking about hygene as much as we should. Some of us dont excerise - the prayer :salah: offers a small workout, 5 times a day not to mention the sunnah prayers. And who better than Allah knew of this. Surely this a small info in itself as a sign that the 5 daily salaah has many benefits besides being a pillar and attaining jannah insha'allah. Anyways im not going to go into more detail this is geting know..lol
Asalaam alaikum all.

aeeshafarhana

Remember, also, to pray the prayers in the order they were do. For example, if combining 'Asr and Zuhr, do Zuhr first (since it was to be due earlier).

Assalamua laikum!!!
according to my teacher in DISCOVERING ISLAM,in combining a two prayer in one (for the valid reason for not praying on time) the 1st thing to do is to make a sunnah fo two raka's..then do the farq prayer according to its time...

Example... combining of As'r and Zuh'r...pray 1st the As'r then followed by the Zuh'r...why???because the time you are praying is the time for As'r ( its according to my teacher)...if u do the Zuh'r 1st,you missed praying the two farq on its time...

Well to my bro and sis,correct me if im wrong...

Judit Fatima Hu

Every beginning is a bit hard, for me too, but working on it making more easy every time. Same with Ramadan... but experiancing it, gives a lot of strength and more firm belife.