Does Allah Hear the Prayers of a Non-Muslim?

Joslyn

Allah's Way of Life
Hello, Everyone!

I am not ready to convert/revert to Islam yet, but I was wondering if I could pray. If I either went to a Mosque or stayed in the privacy of my own home, and made Salah, would Allah hear me? Would He accept my prayer?

Thank you very much for your help!

~ Joslyn ~

:salah:

islamoholic

sister joslyne.
since you have the desire to do the actions of muslim then why don't u enter islam?..read books about islam ,,and inshallahu'll get convinced
hope i get good news,,salamu alykom sister :)

samiha

---------
Staff member
hello. I don't know what kind of prayer you mean, BUt if you mean Salah, then no, it is not accepted.

Allaah says (interpretation of the meaning):

“And nothing prevents their contributions from being accepted from them except that they disbelieved in Allaah and in His Messenger (Muhammad)”

[al-Tawbah 9:54]

“If you join others in worship with Allaah, (then) surely, (all) your deeds will be in vain, and you will certainly be among the losers”

[al-Zumar 39:65]

Shaykh Ibn ‘Uthaymeen said, when listing the conditions of prayer being valid:

There are other conditions which include: being Muslim, being of sound mind, and having reached the age of discretion… No act of worship is valid unless one is a Muslim, of sound mind and has reached the age of discretion, apart from zakaah, which is obligatory upon the insane and minors, according to the correct opinion. With regard to the validity of Hajj performed by a minor, there are texts which state that it is valid.

Al-Sharh al-Mumti’, 2/95, Ibn al-Jawzi edition.

And he said:

The conditions of prayer are: being Muslim, being of sound mind, and having reached the age of discretion; that the time for prayer has begin; covering the ‘awrah; having purified oneself from anything that invalidates wudoo’; avoiding najaasah (impurity); facing the qiblah; and having the intention of praying.

Al-Sharh al-Mumti’, 2/289, Ibn al-Jawzi edition.

The same applies to the other acts of worship; they can only be accepted from a Muslim, so Islam or being a Muslim is a condition of acts of worship being valid, and their being accepted depends on that.

Karima

Praying to God/Allah is what we are commanded to do. I would not hesitate for one to tell me that God does not hear my prayers to quit praying...after all the years that God has answered my prayers....in some form.

but I was wondering if I could pray. If I either went to a Mosque or stayed in the privacy of my own home, and made Salah, would Allah hear me? Would He accept my prayer?

Allah is all knowing and all hearing. I doubt he does not miss one prayer offered to him.

janat

salam alaykom josylyn i am happy to hear from u, i am happy also that u really want to pray. that mean that ahamdolilah u r ready to prounonce ashahada alhamdolilah, sure allah will hear u allah hears every single thing in the world

u said is allah going to accept it from??
u know when u will pray inshaallah u will say"there is no God but allah &mohamed is his messenger" do u realy mean this words?? if yes then u r a muslim and allah will accept ur good deeds inshallah
i am really happy of u and waiting to hear from u

salam alaykom

Mabsoot

Amir
Staff member
Hi Joslyn,

there are different types of prayer. One is where we make a set of performed prayers in Arabic just as the Prophet :saw: taught us. Knowing arabic is not essential (although eventually you must read them in Arabic whilst knowing their meanings) and someone new to Islam can say these prayers in a very simple fashion whilst they are learning. i.e. you can start by just saying Allahu Akbar (Allah is the Greatest) SubhanAllah (Glorified be Allah) and Alhamdulillah (All Praise is to Allah). - The prayers are obligatory for Muslims to do 5x in the day.

Apart from these prayers, Muslims also do something called Dua, which is a supplication, where we have our hands infront of us, with palms facing up. - We ask Allah for help, mercy, forgiveness and guidance. We can ask Allah for anything, and in any language we choose. In the Dua we use any words we choose to ask Allah's help.

hello. I don't know what kind of prayer you mean, BUt if you mean Salah, then no, it is not accepted.

Assalamu Alaykum,

these are the obligatory 5x acts of worship that Muslims do. It cant be accepted from a non-Muslim because they also associate partners with Allah or have not completely accepted the Truth by believing in the Prophet Muhammad :saw:

Likewise, the Hajj (pilgrimage), the Fasting and so on would not really be accepted due to these errors of belief that some people might have.

and of course, if someone did believe in Allah alone, and didnt ascribe partners to him and they believed in Muhammad :saw: as last and final messenger then it is not problems as they are Muslim. :)

However, there is a difference between these acts of worship and the seeking for guidance and mercy from Allah.

We must remember that Allah is the Most merciful and bestower of guidance. It is he who has power over all mankind and Jinn, he is the one who created the universe and he is the all-seer all-hearer. -

Now, Allah hears all the supplications of every being on this planet. Jinn and Man. If someone was to ask Allah to guide them to the truth, to help them in this life, inshaAllah Allah will answer their prayers. One can not say that Allah will not aid a person towards the truth. Afterall, each person is guided and has love of Islam due to the mercy and kindness of Allah, by Allah's gift of guidance.

And there have been many people who meditated and asked the one true God for guidance, and Allah gave them guidance.

I know of one person who was non-Muslim. They were Catholic and did not really accept the Trinity beliefs and the way that their church worshipped God/Jesus/Mary....... So they asked sincerely to God to be guided to the truth. This sister would meditate devoutly for hours upon end and would say prayers on her rosary beads..... Then one day, during this period of contemplation and asking God, she suddenly had thoughts come into her head that had never been there before. That there was only one God and that Jesus was not God, but a great man, a Prophet sent by God. There was mo such thing as the Trinity. slowly but surely this sister got closer to the Truth and eventually found Islam.

ibn azem

Super Moderator
Staff member
Bismillah,

A wonderful explanation by brother Mabsoot.
I only want to ask Allah (swt) to help you find the straight Path Joslyn.
Don't stop asking Allah for guidance.

Bluegazer

Hello Joslyn,

I'll refer to "prayer" as in asking God Almighty for whatever you want. When you pray to God, you should direct your prayers to Him alone, without the Holy Spirit [which Muslims believe is another title for the Angel Gabriel] and without His noble Prophet and Messenger Jesus Christ [peace be upon him], the son of the honourable Virgin Mary.

Prayer is an act of worship, and as such you should only pray to God Almighty, who is one and not a trinity.

And in answer to your question, God Almighty said:

"And when My slaves ask you (O Muhammad) concerning Me, then (answer them), I am indeed near (to them by My Knowledge). I respond to the invocations of the supplicant when he calls on Me (without any mediator or intercessor). So let them obey Me and believe in Me, so that they may be led aright." (Al-Baqarah 2:186)

I hope you all the best Joslyn,

Regards,

Bluegazer

azlina_sam

Muslims Call

We begin in the name of God, Allah, the One Who created everyone.
We praise God Almighty, the One not in need of anyone.

We ask God to bless Muhammad, the last of God's Messengers.
No Prophet is born after him; he is the best of Islam's defenders.

God is our Creator; no one else creates.
The fact that God exists is not a question of debate.

God exists with no beginning and God is alive without an end.
God's life is not like our life; God does not descend or ascend.

God exists and is alive without being in a place.
God is not a body; God has neither hands nor face.

What ever picture comes to your mind, be it a shape or light.
Know that this is not your Lord, the One with a great might.

God has power over all creation; nothing escapes God's sight.
God hears all that's hearable; God knows all, both wrong and right.

Everything which happens is by the will of God.
Whatever God wills to be shall be, both what's typical and odd.

God speaks without a tongue or lips; God orders, promises and forbids.
God reveals things to the Prophets; telling others is what the Prophets did.

All Messengers are Prophets; they are the best of men.
To Prophets God revealed the message; some written with a pen.

Prophets always told the truth from birth until their death.
Prophets never blasphemed from birth until their last breath.

Great sins were never done by them nor a sin that's mean.
Prophets are the most beautiful men people have ever seen.

Every Prophet is a Muslim; all had the same belief.
Every Prophet told of Paradise and hellfire without relief.

Every person will either dwell in Paradise or in Hell.
The dwelling is forever, so follow our Prophet well.

The Prophets lead the people on the path to Paradise.
Always follow Muhammad and take his good advice.

Before Muhammad were many noble Prophets true.
Jesus, Moses, Noah and Adam are names of only few.

We love Allah more than anyone and we love the Prophets all.
No one deserves worship except Allah, our Lord. This is the Muslim's call

Insya-Allah, you'll be lead to the one, true, religion, Islam..

:salah:

:muslim_child:

Yours truly
Azlina Sam
Singapore

Bluegazer

Assalamu Alaikum Azlina Sam,

There area few mistakes regarding the Islamic Creed in a few lines of the poem you posted.

You posted the following:

God does not descend or ascend.

God exists and is alive without being in a place.
God is not a body; God has neither hands nor face.

The following is a religious opinion by Sheikh ‘Abd al-‘Azeez ibn ‘Abd-Allaah ibn Baaz (may Allaah have mercy on him). It was posted to answer question no. 34810 [How can we understand the divine descent during the night in different countries?]:

"Question:
It is narrated in the hadeeth that “Allaah descends every night to the lowest heaven during the last third of the night…” When does the last third of the night begin, and when does it end? And how does Allaah descend in different countries?.

Answer:
Praise be to Allaah.

There are mutawaatir ahaadeeth from the Messenger of Allaah (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) which prove that Allaah descends. The Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) said: “Our Lord descends to the lowest heaven every night when the last third of the night remains, and He says, ‘Who will call upon Me, that I may answer him? Who will ask of Me, that I may give him? Who will ask Me for forgiveness, that I may forgive him?’”

Ahl al-Sunnah wa’l-Jamaa’ah are unanimously agreed that Allaah descends in a manner that befits Him, and that He is not like His creation at all in any of His attributes, as He says (interpretation of the meaning):

“Say (O Muhammad): He is Allaah, (the) One.

Allaah‑us‑Samad [Allaah — the Self‑Sufficient Master, Whom all creatures need, (He neither eats nor drinks)].

He begets not, nor was He begotten.

And there is none co‑equal or comparable unto Him”

[al-Ikhlaas 112:1-4]

“There is nothing like Him, and He is the All‑Hearer, the All‑Seer”

[al-Shoora 42:11]

According to Ahl al-Sunnah wa'l-Jamaa'ah, we must accept the verses and ahaadeeth that speak of the attributes of Allaah as they are, without distorting them, denying any of His attributes, trying to imagine how they are or trying to liken Him to any of His creation; at the same time we must believe in them and believe that what is said in these texts is true, without likening Allaah to His creation or discussing the nature of His attributes. Rather their view concerning His attributes is like their view concerning His essence: Ahl al-Sunnah wa'l-Jamaa'ah affirm the Essence of Allaah without discussing how it is, or likening Him to any of His creation, and thus we must also affirm His attributes without discussing how they are, or likening these attributes to the attributes of any of His creation. The descent of Allaah happens in every country in a manner that befits Allaah, because the descent of Allaah cannot be likened to the descent of any of His creation. He is described as descending in the last part of the night in all parts of the world in a manner that befits His Majesty, may He be exalted. No one can know how He descends just as no one can know how His Essence is, except Him.

“There is nothing like Him, and He is the All‑Hearer, the All‑Seer”

[al-Shoora 42:11 – interpretation of the meaning]

“So put not forward similitudes for Allaah (as there is nothing similar to Him, nor He resembles anything). Truly, Allaah knows and you know not”

[al-Nahl 16:74 – interpretation of the meaning]

The first and last third of the night differ according to the season. If the night is nine hours long then the time of descent begins at the onset of the seventh hour, until dawn comes. If the night is twelve hours long then the last third begins at the beginning of the ninth hour until dawn comes, and so on, depending on how long or short the night is in each place. And Allaah is the Source of strength.

Majmoo’ Fataawa wa Maqaalaat Mutanawwi’ah by Shaykh ‘Abd al-‘Azeez ibn ‘Abd-Allaah ibn Baaz (may Allaah have mercy on him), vol. 4, p. 420"

Source: http://www.islamqa.com/index.php?ref=34810&ln=eng

The following is a religious opinion by Sheikh Muhammed Salih Al-Munajjid. It an answer to question no. 12290 [There is no contradiction between the fact that Allaah descends to the lowest heaven and His having risen above the Throne (istiwaa’)]:

"There is no contradiction between the fact that Allaah descends to the lowest heaven and His having risen above the Throne (istiwaa’)

Question:
When asked "Where is Allah ?"
I reply "Above the seven Heavens and the Arsh"
But taking the Hadith regarding that Allah descends to the lowest heaven in the latter part of the night.
If someone asks where is Allah and they state it is the latter 3rd of the night now. What reply should you give. Another point is that some people say it is the latter part of the night all the time (somewhere on the earth at a paticular point in time) From this they conclude that Allah is not above His Arsh.

Answer:

Praise be to Allaah.

Firstly, we have to know the ‘aqeedah (belief) of Ahl al-Sunnah wa’l-Jamaa’ah concerning the names and attributes of Allaah. The belief of Ahl al-Sunnah wa’l-Jamaa’ah is to affirm the names and attributes which Allaah has affirmed for Himself, without distorting or denying them, discussing how they are or likening them to anything else. They believe that which Allaah has commanded them to believe, for Allaah says (interpretation of the meaning):

“There is nothing like Him, and He is the All Hearer, the All Seer”

[al-Shooraa 42:11]

Allaah has told us about Himself. He says (interpretation of the meaning):

“Indeed, your Lord is Allaah, Who created the heavens and the earth in Six Days, and then He rose over (Istawaa) the Throne (really in a manner that suits His Majesty).

[al-A’raaf 7:54]

“The Most Gracious (Allaah) rose over (Istawaa) the (Mighty) Throne (in a manner that suits His Majesty).

[Ta-Ha 20:5]

and there are other aayahs which mention that Allaah rose over His Throne.

The rising of Allaah over His Throne, which means that He Himself is High and above the Throne, is of a special nature which befits His Majesty and Might. No one knows how it is except Him.

This was proven in the saheeh Sunnah, where it is narrated from the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) that Allaah descends during the last third of the night. It was narrated from Abu Hurayrah that the Messenger (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) said: “Our Lord descends every night to the lowest heaven when the last third of the night remains, and He says, ‘Who will call Me that I might answer him, who will ask of Me that I might give him, who will ask My forgiveness, that I might forgive him?’” (narrated by al-Bukhaari, Kitaab al-Tawheed, 6940; Muslim, Salaat al-Musaafireen, 1262)
According to Ahl al-Sunnah, the meaning of this descent is that Allaah Himself comes down to the lowest heaven in a real sense, as befits His Majesty, and no one knows how that is except Him.

But does the fact that Allaah comes down mean that He vacates the Throne or not? Shaykh Ibn ‘Uthaymeen said concerning a similar question: we say that this question is based on unnecessary and excessive questioning, and that the one who asked this is not to be thanked for his question. We ask, are you more keen than the Sahaabah to understand the attributes of Allaah? If he says yes, we tell him, you are lying. And if he says no, we tell him, then be content with what they were content with. They did not ask the Messenger of Allaah (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him), ‘O Messenger of Allaah, when He comes down, does He vacate the Throne?’ Why do you need to ask this question? Just say, He comes down. Whether or not the Throne is vacated is not your business. You are commanded to believe the reports, especially concerning the essence of Allaah and His attributes, for this matter is above rational thought.

Majmoo’ Fataawa Shaykh Muhammad al-‘Uthaymeen, 1/204-205

Shaykh al-Islam Ibn Taymiyah (may Allaah have mercy on him) said concerning this matter:

“The correct view is that He descends and that He does not vacate the Throne. A person's soul remains attached to his body night and day until he dies, but when he is asleep it ascends… It was said, night varies, and the last third of the night comes sooner in the east than in the west, so the descent of Allaah to the lowest heaven, of which His Messenger spoke, happens in the east first and then in the west...”

See Majmoo’ Fataawa Ibn Taymiyah, 5/132

Rising over (istiwaa’) and descending are two of the practical attributes which have to do with the will of Allaah. Ahl al-Sunnah wa’l-Jamaa’ah believe in that, but in this belief they avoid likening Allaah to any of His creation or discussing how He is. It cannot occur to them that Allaah’s descending is like the descending of any of His creatures or that His rising over the Throne is like the rising over of any of His creatures, because they believe that there is nothing like unto Allaah and He is the All-Hearer, All-Seer. They know on rational grounds that there is a great difference between the Creator and His creatures, in their essence, attributes and actions. It cannot occur to them to ask how He descends, or how He rose over His Throne. The point is that they do not ask how His attributes are; they believe that there is a ‘how’, but it is unknown, so we can never imagine how it is.

We know for certain that what is narrated in the Book of Allaah or the Sunnah of His Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) is true and is not self-contradictory, because Allaah says (interpretation of the meaning):

“Do they not then consider the Qur’aan carefully? Had it been from other than Allaah, they would surely, have found therein many a contradiction”

[al-Nisaa’ 4:82]

because contradictions in the reports would mean that some of them were showing others to be false, and this is impossible in the case of that which Allaah and His Messenger tell us.

Whoever imagines that there are any contradictions in the Book of Allaah or the Sunnah of His Messenger (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him), or between the two, it is either because of his lack of knowledge or because he has failed to understand properly or to ponder the matter correctly, so let him seek further knowledge and strive to think harder until the truth becomes clear to him. Then if the matter is still not clear to him, let him leave it to the One Who is All-Knowing and let him put a stop to his illusions and say, as those who are firmly grounded in knowledge say, “We believe in it; the whole of it (clear and unclear Verses) are from our Lord” [Aal ‘Imraan 3:7 – interpretation of the meaning]. Let him know that there is no contradiction in the Qur’aan and Sunnah and no conflict between them. And Allaah knows best.

See Fataawa Ibn ‘Uthaymeen, 3/237-238

Imagining that there is a conflict between Allaah’s descending to the lowest heaven and His having risen over the Throne and His being high above the heavens stems from making a comparison between the Creator and the created being. For man cannot imagine the unseen things of His creation, such as the delights of Paradise, so how can he imagine the Creator, may He be glorified and exalted, the Knower of the Unseen. So we believe in what has been narrated of His rising over (the Throne), His descending and His being High and Exalted. We affirm that (and state that it is) in a manner that befits His Majesty and Might.

Islam Q&A
Sheikh Muhammed Salih Al-Munajjid"

Source: http://www.islamqa.com/index.php?ref=12290&ln=eng

The following is a religious opinion by Sheikh ‘Abd al-Rahmaan al-Barraak. It was an answer to question no. 9564 [Allaah is above Paradise]:

"Question:
Is Allah above the heaven or in the heaven physically ? Also, is it part of belief that Allah is physically bigger than the universe ?

Answer:

Praise be to Allaah.

We put this question to Shaykh ‘Abd al-Rahmaan al-Barraak (may Allaah preserve him), who answered as follows:

Praise be to Allaah, the Most High (al-‘Aliy), the Almighty (al-‘Azeem), the Most Great (al-Kabeer), the Most High (al-Muta’aal). Glory be to Allaah, the Almighty (al-‘Azeem). There is no god but Allaah, and Allaah is Most Great. And peace and blessings be upon our Prophet Muhammad and his family and companions…

One of the things which it is obligatory to believe in is that Allaah is the Most High (al-‘Aliy, al-A’laa) and that He rose over the Throne, as He has told us about Himself in His Book. He, may He be glorified and exalted, is above all things. The Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) said in his du’aa’: “You are the Most High (al-Zaahir) and there is nothing above You.”

We are also obliged to believe that He is the Most Great (al-Kabeer), and that He is greater than all things, and that He is the Almighty (al-Azeem), and there is nothing mightier than Him. Part of the perfection of His might and power is that He will grasp the heavens and the earth in His two Hands on the Day of Resurrection, as He says (interpretation of the meaning):

“They made not a just estimate of Allâh such as is due to Him. And on the Day of Resurrection the whole of the earth will be grasped by His Hand and the heavens will be rolled up in His Right Hand. Glorified be He, and High be He above all that they associate as partners with Him!” [al-Zumar 39:62]

It must be noted that because Allaah is perfect in His Highness and Power, He cannot reside in anything that He has created. So it cannot be said that He is in Paradise. On the contrary, He is above the Throne which is the roof of al-Firdaws, and al-Firdaws is the highest part of Paradise. The Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) said: “When you ask Allaah for Paradise, ask Him for al-Firdaws, for it is the highest part of Paradise and it is in the middle of Paradise, and its roof is the Throne of the Most Merciful.”

It is not permissible for the Muslim to think about the essence of Allaah, or to try to imagine His might, for the human mind is incapable ot comprehending the real essence and attributes of the Lord, and how they are. As Imaam Maalik said, when he was asked about how Allaah rose over the Throne: “We know that He rose over it, but we do not know how. Believing in it is obligatory and asking about it is bid’ah.”

Shaykh ‘Abd al-Rahmaan al-Barraak"

Source: http://www.islamqa.com/index.php?ref=9564&ln=eng

......................................................................................................

You also posted the following:

Every person will either dwell in Paradise or in Hell.
The dwelling is forever, so follow our Prophet well.

What about a Muslim who dies with major sins he has not repented from? The answer is that God Almighty may forgive him and he may punish him in Hell. However, the Muslim who is punished in Hell will not abide there forever, but will eventually be released from Hell and will enter Heaven to dwell therein forever.

Please read the following religious opinion posted on Sheikh Muhammed Salih Al-Munajjid's website. It's an answer to question no. 22467 [Purification of the sinners]:

"Question:
I've heard that, after the judgement day the moslem, excluded the syahid and moslem who were guaranted by Allah to go to heaven, before they go to the heaven they would be cleaned. I mean, they would go to hell first then after they have been cleaned up they would go to heaven.Is it true?.

Answer:
Praise be to Allaah.

Firstly:

Perhaps the questioner is referring to the verse in which Allaah says (interpretation of the meaning):

“There is not one of you but will pass over it (Hell); this is with your Lord, a Decree which must be accomplished.

Then We shall save those who use to fear Allaah and were dutiful to Him. And We shall leave the Zaalimoon (polytheists and wrongdoers) therein (humbled) to their knees (in Hell)”

[Maryam 19:71-72]

This is addressed to all of mankind, righteous and immoral, believers and kaafirs, stating that there is not any one among them who will not pass over Hell, a decree which Allaah has issued and of which He has warned His slaves. So it must inevitably come to pass, and there is no avoiding it.

The scholars differed as to the meaning of this passing over. Some said that it means that Hell will be brought close to all creatures, until it terrifies all of them, then Allaah will save those who fear Him.

Some said that it means that all will enter it, but it will be coolness and safety for the believers.

Some said that it means crossing the siraat which is a bridge over Hell. The people will cross it according to their deeds: some will cross it in the twinkling of an eye, some like the wind, some like swift horses; some will pass quickly, some will walk, some will crawl and some will be snatched and thrown into the Fire, all according to their level of fear of Allaah. Hence Allaah says “Then We shall save those who used to fear Allaah and were dutiful to Him” i.e., by doing what He commanded and avoiding what He forbade; “And We shall leave the Zaalimoon (polytheists and wrongdoers)” i.e., those who wronged themselves by disbelieving and committing sin, “therein (humbled) to their knees (in Hell)” – this is because of the wrongdoing and kufr, so they will deserve to abide therein forever and there will be no way out for them.

From Tafseer Ibn Sa’di, p. 811

Secondly:

It is essential for those who will be admitted to Paradise to be cleansed of all their sins before they enter it. The sinners’ cleansing of their sins may happen in this world or in the Hereafter. In this world, Allaah has given His slaves ways of cleansing themselves thereof, by following their sins and evil deeds with prayers for forgiveness, sincere repentance and good deeds that erase sin. We have already discussed this matter in the answer to question no. 13693.

With regard to the purification of the sinners in the Hereafter, this will be achieved in several ways:

1 – Prayers of the believers for the (deceased) believer, such as their offering the funeral prayer for him. It was narrated from ‘Aa’ishah and Anas ibn Maalik that the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) said: “There is no deceased person for whom a group of Muslims numbering one hundred offer the funeral prayer, all of them interceding for him, but their intercession for him will be accepted.” Narrated by Muslim, 947.

It was narrated that Ibn ‘Abbaas (may Allaah be pleased with him) said: I heard the Messenger of Allaah (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) say: “There is no Muslim man who dies and forty men who do not associate anything in worship with Allaah stand and pray for him, but Allaah will accept their intercession for him.” Narrated by Muslim, 948.

So it is known that this du’aa’ is one of the means of the deceased being forgiven.

2 – Acts of ongoing charity that the person did during his life will benefit him after his death.

3 – Good deeds done on behalf of the deceased, such as charity, Hajj, etc. These will benefit him, according to the texts of the saheeh Sunnah. It was proven in al-Saheehayn that the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) said: “Whoever dies owing fasts, let his heir fast on his behalf.” And it was narrated from Abu Hurayrah that the Messenger of Allaah (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) said: “When a man dies all his good deeds come to an end except three: ongoing charity, beneficial knowledge and a righteous child who will pray for him.” Narrated by Muslim, 1638.

4 – What happens in the grave of the trial, squeezing and terror. These are things that expiate for sins.

5 – The intercession of the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) and others for sinners on the Day of Resurrection, as is narrated in mutawaatir reports in the ahaadeeth about intercession, such as the words of the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) in the saheeh hadeeth, “My intercession will be for those among my ummah who committed major sins,” and “I was given the choice between admitting half of my ummah to Paradise and intercession, and I chose intercession because it is more general and greater. Do you think it will be only for the pious? No, it will be for the sinners who contaminated themselves with sins.” Narrated by Ibn Maajah 4311; classed as saheeh by al-Albaani in Saheeh Ibn Maajah, 3480.

6 – The terrors, difficulties and hardships of the Day of Resurrection.

7 – The mercy and forgiveness of Allaah bestowed with no action on the part of His slaves. It was narrated that Abu Hurayrah (may Allaah be pleased with him) said: I heard the Messenger of Allaah (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) say: “Allaah created mercy on the day that He created it, and divided it into one hundred parts. He kept ninety-nine parts and sent one to all of His creation. If the kaafir knew of all that is with Allaah of mercy, he would never despair of Paradise, and if the believer knew of all that is with Allaah of punishment he would never feel safe from Hell.”

Narrated by al-Bukhaari, 6469.

And the Messenger of Allaah (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) said: “Allaah will draw the believer close and screen him and will say, ‘Do you admit such and such sin, do you admit such and such sin?’ and he will say, ‘Yes, O Lord.’ Then when he has admitted his sins and thinks that he is doomed, [Allaah] will say, ‘I concealed them for you in the world and I forgive you for them this Day.’ Then he will be given the book of his good deeds. But as for the kaafir and the hypocrite, “the witnesses will say, “These are the ones who lied against their Lord!” No doubt! the Curse of Allaah is on the Zaalimoon (polytheists, wrongdoers, oppressors)’ [Hood 11:18 – interpretation of the meaning]”

Narrated by al-Bukhaari, 2441.

8 – It is proven in al-Saheehayn that when the believers have crossed al-Siraat, they will be detained on a bridge between Paradise and Hell, where they will settle their scores with one another. Then when they have been cleansed and purified, they will be given permission to enter Paradise. It was narrated that Abu Sa’eed al-Khudri (may Allaah be pleased with him) said: The Messenger of Allaah (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) said: “When the believers have been saved from the Fire, then they will be detained on the bridge between Paradise and Hell. There they will settle the scores between them for any wrongs that they did to one another in this world, and when they have been cleansed and purified, they will be given permission to enter Paradise. By the One in Whose hand is the soul of Muhammad, each of them will recognize his dwelling in Paradise better than he recognizes his dwelling in this world.” Narrated by al-Bukhaari, 6535.

Al-Haafiz Ibn Hajar (may Allaah have mercy on him) said:

“When the believers have been saved from the Fire” means when they have been saved from falling into it after they have crossed al-siraat.

Al-Qurtubi said: These believers are the ones whom Allaah knows that settling scores will not use up all of their good deeds.

I (al-Haafiz) say: Perhaps the people of al-A’raaf are among them, according to the more correct opinion referred to above. Excluded from this are two groups of believers: those who will enter Paradise without being brought to account, and those who are doomed by their deeds.

“they will be detained on the bridge between Paradise and Hell” – al-siraat is a bridge placed across Hell, and Paradise lies beyond that. So the people will pass across it according to their deeds. Among them will be those who are saved, who are the ones whose good deeds outweigh their bad deeds, or they are equal, or Allaah has forgiven them. Some of them will fall into Hell, and they are the ones whose bad deeds outweigh their good deeds, except for those whom Allaah forgives. Those believers in Tawheed who fall will be punished for as long as Allaah wills, then they will be brought out by intercession and other means. The ones who are saved may have some scores which others need to settle with him, but they have good deeds that equal that or outweigh it, so some of their good deeds equivalent to those scores that need to be settled, and thus is will becomes free of responsibility.

“and when they are cleansed and purified” means cleansed and freed of all responsibilities. End quote.

If the Muslim who believed in Allaah alone but committed sins is not cleansed for some reason, then he will enter Hell so that he may be purified completely therein, but he will not abide therein forever, rather he will be brought forth by the intercession of those who intercede and by the mercy of the Most Merciful of those who show mercy.

Shaykh ‘Abd al-‘Azeez ibn Baaz (may Allaah have mercy on him) said:

With regard to the sinners, such as those who kill unlawfully, those who disobey their parents, those who consume riba, and those who drink alcohol – if they die in those sins and they are Muslims, they and others like them will be subject to the will of Allaah, as Allaah says (interpretation of the meaning):

“but He forgives whom He pleases sins other than that”

[al-Nisa’ 4:116]

So if He wills He will forgive them because of the righteous deeds with which they died, which is their belief in Him alone (Tawheed) and their sincerity towards Allaah, and their being Muslims, or the intercession of those who intercede for them, as well as their Tawheed and sincerity.

Or He may punish them without forgiving them, so they are punished by being admitted to Hell and tormented therein, to a degree commensurate with their sins, then they will be brought forth, as is stated in mutawaatir ahaadeeth narrated from the Messenger of Allaah (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him), which say that he will intercede for the sinners among his ummah, and that Allaah will give him a certain number of people a number of times, so he will intercede and bring forth a group by Allaah’s leave, then he will intercede again, and again and again, so he will (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) will intercede four times. And the angels and the believers will also intercede, as will al-afraat (the children who died before they reached the age of puberty). All of them will intercede and Allaah will bring forth whomever He wills from Hell through their intercession. Then there will be some of the sinners from among the believers in Tawheed and Islam left in Hell. Then the Lord will bring them forth by His grace and mercy, without intercession on anyone’s part, and there will be no one left in Hell except those whom the Qur’aan rules will abide therein forever, namely the kuffaar. From Majmoo’ Fataawa wa Maqaalaat Ibn Baaz, 9/380.

It was narrated that Abu Hurayrah said: The Messenger of Allaah (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) said: “… until when Allaah has finished passing judgement amongst His slaves, and He wants to bring forth from Hell those whom He wants of those who used to testify that there is no god except Allaah, He will command the angels to bring them forth and they will know them by the traces of the mark of sujood. Allaah will forbid the Fire to consume the mark of sujood on the sons of Adam. So they will bring them forth and they will have been burned, then water that is called the water of life will be poured on them, and they will grow like seeds growing after a flood recedes.”

Narrated by al-Bukhaari, 6574; Muslim, 172.

It was narrated that Abu Sa’eed said: The Messenger of Allaah (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) said: “As for the people of Hell who belong there, they will neither die nor live therein, but people who entered Hell because of their sins, they will die once, then when they have become like coals, permission will be given for intercession, so they will be brought forth group after group and scattered on the rivers of Paradise, then it will be said, ‘O people of Paradise be generous to them, then they will grow like seeds growing after a flood recedes.”

Narrated by Muslim, 185.

We ask Allaah to bestow His mercy upon us, and to forgive us. Praise be to Allaah the Lord of the Worlds.

And Allaah knows best.

References:

Fataawa Ibn Taymiyah, 7/498-501; Minhaaj al-Sunnah, 6/238; Fath al-Baari, 11/406; al-Bihaar al-Zaajirah, 242;

Islam Q&A"

Source: http://www.islamqa.com/index.php?ref=22467&ln=eng

Regards,

Bluegazer

Wassalamu Alaikum

Mabsoot

Amir
Staff member
Assalamu alaykum,

thank you for the correction to that poem BlueGazer,

indeed it is important we keep our beliefs in Allah and his attributes pure and according to the true teachings.

wasalam

Bluegazer

Assalamu Alaikum brother Mabsoot,

You're very welcome, and thank you for your kind words.

Wassalamu Alaikum

Bluegazer

azlina_sam

..Sorry..

Assalamulaikum,

Sorry for those errors.. Thank you for the correction..

:shymuslima1:

Wassalam
Azlina Sam

mosabaig

Biggest prayer...

Hello

What I learnt and benefited that the most valueable precious thing is the GUIDANCE , so we all seek it from ALLah who only can Guide anyone to come to submit our wills to him alone.

Signs

ALLAH heard and knows all

asalaamwalikum all justso u know sister ALLAH hears and knows all so Pray away allah will answer your prayer cause he is the mericifull he will guide you to the rite path allah willing.

*Ameer*

Sister Joslyn

Remember ONLY Allah guides who He wills and you can certainly ask Allah to guide you in your search for the true path. If you have faith in God and sincerely believe that he is ONE with NO partners then he WILL guide you to the right path. Meanwhile your brothers and sisters in Islam can certainly make duaa for you that you will make your shahada and officially revert.

Jazakallah Kher

Joslyn

Allah's Way of Life
I'm still confused about the prayer thing, due to the conflicting advise I'm getting... but, nonetheless, I've purchased a 3 piece Khimar/Niqab set to wear around the house to get the feel for everything. I know it seems sort of odd to wear it in the privacy of my own home with no one around whatsoever, but I suppose that's just me. :hijabi: I'm just excited to get it in the mail soon!

~ Joslyn ~

:arabi1:

pilgrim

Allahu Akbar
asalamu alaikum

If you pray to Him from your heart and do not associate partners with Him(shirk)then i'm sure Allah(Subhana hu wata'ala) will hear your prayer.
But why wait to revert??:confused:
You'll see when you accept Shahada(Insha Allah)and you're a muslim you'll feel lke a whole new person!!!:muslim_child: :wasalam:

Karima

Asalamualikum,

If someone drank cola all his/her life, and then someone said "You were drinking rootbeer", then all his/her life rootbeer was consumed.

The discussion about praying to Allah/God is like, all of a sudden when someone reverts to Islam, then it is no longer pray to God but pray to Allah.
God was being prayed to all along...or if it sounds better, Allah was prayed to all along.

When one prays to God, and when there is only one God, it is impossible to pray to three Gods....

But why wait to revert??

Islam is a very serious responsibility and not to be taken lightly. One needs to be very sure from inside when ready to say the Shehaddah...which is not to be compulsive.

It is a blessing to be in total submission to God/Allah.